Create Account

Biggest Draft Surprises [2x Draft Media]

01-31-2024, 12:01 PMNUCK Wrote: They have an opinion from their own prospective, they are allowed that. I wont pretend to know their reasoning for their own feelings. Life is about compromising with those around us. By excluding someone for their views, you in turn are being part of the problem. Of course we are not referring to ignorance and hate but to common human decency. 2 people can be part of the same activity, LR, team ect. while not sharing the same views without hate or animosity being involved. Its called getting along and being mature. People of all walks of life do it everyday in all sorts of situations and it works out just fine. If and or when that cant occur, thats when the issue becomes a problem. I dont see a problem with LGBTQ+ PEOPLE being in the same chat as straight PEOPLE as long as everyone can be civil and compassionate to one another. Why does it need to feel like a we vs them mentality?

And no I wont read that book just because I dont read much but I would be open to listening to it on some sort of Audible or other program just to have the knowledge.

I can assure you no one is saying straight people can’t coexist with LGBTQ+ people. For one, I’m married to a straight man, so this would be a real awkward home I live in if I was trying to exclude straight people. (I’m also pretty sure my co-GM is a straight man too).

The point is exactly what you said. Everything is fine as long as people are civil and compassionate to one another. Referring to queer visibility as “shoving it down my throat” isn’t civil and compassionate. It isn’t an us vs them mentality until someone hateful makes it that way. This should never have been a political issue to begin with, and wouldn’t be if people hadn’t made it illegal to be gay, if we weren’t having to fight for our rights regularly. In a perfect world, we wouldn’t need Pride, because being queer would have been accepted from day one. But it wasn’t, and we still live in a world where that’s something we have to fight for.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest Draft Surprises [2x Draft Media] - by sköldpaddor - 01-31-2024, 12:23 PM