Create Account

SHL75: Closing Thoughts

It was a real blast rolling down memory lane while researching these articles, looking at old indexes and seeing how the league has evolved. Thanks Luke for putting it all together!

If there's any inherent bias in these rankings, I would say there was a lot of love given to players in the S20s and S30s, perhaps it was the Golden Era when so many users were creating such amazing players and we still perhaps naively believed that STHS wasn't exploitable. It was also the time of TPE inflation where becoming a 2K TPE player became possible when prior to that, 1K TPE meant you were one of the top 10 earners. So you saw the big earners really elevate themselves into becoming superstars.

The FHM6 era especially, was clearly a GM game so the players from that time didn't seem to be given much credit - if you were on a good team you did well, if you weren't you didn't. Didn't even seem to matter how you built your player, which was disappointing because the promise of all these different attributes to really customize your player ended up becoming just the meta where everybody was the same. The FHM8 era is fun with the elevated scoring but man it is really hard to stand out in a 20 team league so some excellent players didn't get their due.

But overall I think you see that the top 25-30 I think is pretty solid, give everybody a +/- 2 spots either way. After that you do get some variance where obviously you have some differences in opinion on how good players were comparatively.

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed the articles!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Messages In This Thread
SHL75: Closing Thoughts - by luke - 03-16-2024, 06:30 AM
RE: SHL75: Closing Thoughts - by Muerto - 03-16-2024, 07:36 AM
RE: SHL75: Closing Thoughts - by RomanesEuntDomus - 03-16-2024, 12:31 PM
RE: SHL75: Closing Thoughts - by WannabeFinn - 03-16-2024, 12:34 PM