Create Account

Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users

01-01-2020, 11:17 PMTommySalami Wrote: Maybe I'm wrong on this and I'll freely admit I suck at graphics but I feel like 90% of graphic content created for this site is made to be consumed while quickly scrolling through threads (Sigs/Custom Profile pics).

As a consumer of the graphics on this site, it doesn't add to my enjoyment whether or not a signature is technically proficient. All that matters to me is if I see cool looking graphics that make the site more interesting.

I'll also say as someone who has zero experience in editing that being graded on my proficiency is extremely discouraging because I will never be able to reach the level that a lot of users who have professional skills in editing have.

I'd honestly love a system where multiple graders give a score from 1-10 based on initial impression and we award the average with any outliers removed. Even better if the graphics are sent to the graders anonymously.

It honestly feels like currently we're taking the stance of everyone works hard so no one should get money.
Asking for multiple graders is a lot to ask. Sometimes grades don’t happen within weeks for one grader, asking for multiple graders will backlog and eventually slow down grading more than it usually is.

Sending anonymously doesn’t really do much imo either, any grader grading based on who made it shouldn’t be grading. Plus I don’t post my sigs in multiple threads, it’s redundant so posting my sigs for grading publicly is where they get seen, hiding artwork for anonymous grading doesn’t make sense when like you said Sigs are quick scrolling fodder to catch the eye, now that’s just reducing the visibility which hurts why people make sigs. People making sigs just to make money will always produce imo mediocre work because there’s no heart in it, it’s just for money.

And just my opinion saying it doesn’t matter whether or not a sig is good or not tells the people that do make better artwork, that to you it looks just the same as a shittier sig. what’s the point of doing better work if you can make a shitty sig and you still get paid the same as a good one.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users - by Wasty - 01-01-2020, 11:45 PM