Create Account

Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 12:01 AM by Nokazoa.)

Hi, I am here. Yeah, I get the reaction on this. The graders are fairly "tough" compared to other sim leagues. I know because I'm the NSFL graphics grading head and boy did they think I was too hard at first. I don't think it's a PS vs non-PS thing, because they don't ask what program you use. It is just their standards are high and the payouts don't reflect it when you can just make an hourlong podcast for 3 million. Wasty saying he takes 3 hours to do a sig, and he will net a 1 to 1.25mil payout on said sig, shows an issue to me. I think payouts need to be raised. As far as your grade, I think we all agree it's over a 1/5, but at least the critique is good and helpful IMO. Luckily we have an arbitration thread.

I do like seeing nongraphics people chime in. Particular what Tony Pepperoni has said
Quote:I'll also say as someone who has zero experience in editing that being graded on my proficiency is extremely discouraging because I will never be able to reach the level that a lot of users who have professional skills in editing have.

I'd honestly love a system where multiple graders give a score from 1-10 based on initial impression and we award the average with any outliers removed. Even better if the graphics are sent to the graders anonymously.
I like that grading idea, but it could be a pain. I am not sure how many graders they have, and I think, regarding the first bit if the critiques are helpful then it shouldn't be a problem. If they teach you and are presented in a non-dismissive way that is.

EDIT: ALSO JULIOS FIRST CALGARY BANNER WAS AMAZING AND YALL HATE TRUE ART

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users - by Nokazoa - 01-01-2020, 11:47 PM