Create Account

Potential SHL Expansion, and Playoff Re-Structuring

06-16-2020, 03:50 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: The problem i have isn't even about losing good players, its that we have teams that still need to grow and grow. I'm not ignoring what's going on in the "rebuilding" teams for the record, and i think it has something to do with seeing how rebuilding teams could compete faster in STHS as opposed to being simply brutalized in FHM. I'm conditioned differently. Either way, my fears are that of potentially having 5 teams stuck in this rebuild for a long ass time phase as opposed to just the 3 we have now. I understand we'll never have a league of parity where everyone has a chance to win the cup in the same season, but i just don't want more opportunities for constant underacheiving. Though you're right. Toronto and Texas have done well, so it's clear that it can be done.

As someone on one of the bad teams, I see expansion as a great chance to catch up a bit quicker. While the currently stacked teams will lose a good player or two to the expansion draft, we're gonna lose some sub 800 tpe regressing players, while our young core can be protected or is still playing in the SMJHL. Expansion will lead to more parity, not extended rebuilds.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential SHL Expansion, and Playoff Re-Structuring - by Segi - 06-16-2020, 05:39 PM