Create Account

Another leagues perspective: How the VHL is trying to fix its meta problem
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 04:42 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

03-09-2022, 10:13 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
03-09-2022, 09:49 AMPatty Wrote: I have to imagine their solution is partly possible due to their update portal.  Minimizing players and updaters actually having to deal with / calculate the ratios.

I know the people in charge have a looooot on their plate in this league, but I have been wondering for a while now why we aren't more interested in pursuing a similar solution to help automate our updating process. Maybe we could even get access to their system and apply it to our own purposes.
As one of the league's volunteer software engineers I can tell you that it's not up to HO, the owners, or the commissioner. It's a matter of how much time we have available in our lives outside of work, sleep, school, and spending time with our families.

@esilverm is a college student that comes and goes every so often due to IRL stuff
@luke is incredibly active but he specializes in big data and doesn't have the database or frontend experience required to work on our stuff (although he's a great resource for this stuff).
@kenvald does great work and helps when he can <3
@DrunkenTeddy specializes in PHP but he's great at doing changes to already created pages and components"
@Talls was doing great work like Kenvald but then he got cancelled over a discord wedding
@grok is a database admin which is vital to getting projects started and for specific updates but one it's started and off the ground most of the work falls on the frontend and API.
I'm working on the banking system and trading cards.

So I get it. People want improvements. We're working on them. But that ragtag team of people is already doing thousands of dollars worth of work on a volunteer basis.

I'm not mad btw, I know you're talking about of all of this in good faith, but just know that we're working on it. Update platform is up next.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another leagues perspective: How the VHL is trying to fix its meta problem - by caltroit_red_flames - 03-09-2022, 03:54 PM