Create Account

Another leagues perspective: How the VHL is trying to fix its meta problem

03-09-2022, 10:37 AMTomen Wrote: I think the concept of Hybrid attributes is a decent/good one but their version of it is already quite flawed from a first look at it. One only needs to spend 1356 TPE to hit a build with: 93DF&SC while having 69 PA and SK at 57 for the decision making attributes. Having SK and PA as standalone hybrid attributes is a mistake and they should have somehow tied PA more together with DF.
It was mentioned earlier but I don't think anyone is going to hit a 1356 TPE build in the VHL. Our depreciation hits a % of every attribute, not a % of your total TPE. Our banked TPE doesn't get depreciated, therefore banking is crucial to being able to fight off our depreciations. I would anticipate a max build of maybe 1050-1100 for someone who is super, super tryhard.

In addition, SK and PA are stand-alone attributes in addition to being combined with other attributes. PA exists solely as PA, but is also directly tied to the most "efficient" SC source. This was made to allow for pass-first builds to exist, as only Offensive Vision (.30 PA and .30 SC) would mean SC = PA. We have two other sources of SC (at .12 ratios), so we needed another source of PA. SK exists on its own, but is also paired up with PH (.36 PH, .12 SK) and DF (.18 DF, .18 SK). Our purpose was to provide options in builds while also limiting the potential of game-breaking PA/SC min-maxing - which our system has done with our engine's version and sliders from the tests we performed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another leagues perspective: How the VHL is trying to fix its meta problem - by Spartan - 03-15-2022, 04:32 PM