Create Account

EDM Trades - Thoughts from an Old GM

06-19-2022, 10:56 PMboom Wrote:
06-19-2022, 10:54 PMMuerto Wrote: It's tough to see the team you built up get broken down and all the great people traded away. But sometimes it takes a new set of eyes to go in and take what you've given them and watch them turn it into the next big thing (WPG in my case) - sometimes stepping down means letting go, as hard as it can be.
For sure. I think the difficult part for me is that I thought I was leaving the next GM with a solid core to build around and they opted to not go that route, I wasn't sure whether to make this post because I didn't want to seem overbearing but I guess there's always that attachment there.

Something to take solace in, is when you see the return that is coming back for the people you brought in, then you can see the value that they have and that they aren't just good players, but great people who other teams are willing to give up a decent price in return - so obviously you did something right in bringing those people in and keeping them engaged!

Going full rebuild can be scary, but I think we are seeing that teams that do it right will see the dividends pay off, if you can convince everyone to be patient and stay committed!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Messages In This Thread
EDM Trades - Thoughts from an Old GM - by boom - 06-19-2022, 10:39 PM
RE: EDM Trades - Thoughts from an Old GM - by Muerto - 06-19-2022, 11:06 PM
RE: EDM Trades - Thoughts from an Old GM - by JNH - 06-20-2022, 12:02 AM