Create Account

EDM Trades - Thoughts from an Old GM

I saw teams like LAP and SFP in the current and future with Winnipeg coming up and didn't see the core we had competing with those cores legitimately. We'd be hoping on FHM to FHM, and given Edmonton's recent playoff history, that seems a poor gamble, f

The main thing I take affront to is you pretending I wasn't looking out for my players or listening to their thoughts. If you ask any of the players I've dealt or talked to this offseason, I think they'd tell you I did as much as I possible could to be transparent and look out for their wishes. Steveo asked me where I saw our team's direction and I told him upfront, we likely weren't contending in the next couple seasons because, frankly we weren't. And he asked for a trade, which essentially meant I needed to tear it down and reset the team.

This article feels insulting, ill informed and just absurd. I have a fair amount of respect for you and I've always been direct with everybody I've talked to as GM. To pretend the moves I made were anything less than necessary is wrong and I think you'll be hard pressed to find somebody else who looked at the team and truly considered it a contender moving forward. Definitely did not expect this kind of thing to come from you, let alone publicly posted and put on blast.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Messages In This Thread
EDM Trades - Thoughts from an Old GM - by boom - 06-19-2022, 10:39 PM
RE: EDM Trades - Thoughts from an Old GM - by JNH - 06-20-2022, 12:02 AM
RE: EDM Trades - Thoughts from an Old GM - by HabsFanFromOntario - 06-19-2022, 11:50 PM