Create Account

S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright

Prompt 1

Julian's good friend and legal advisor Saul Shadyman has advised him and the kids on this non-issue.

While we have established that micool has a relevant claim on the phrase "I'm going to win the cup" in an SHL context, we are going to contest his claim of our kid breaking it on multiple points which will make it crystal clear that the kid's acrions constitute as fair use.

Firstly, the use of the sentence "I'm going to win the cup" by the kid has no commercial nature, and our organisation is a non-profit, with an educational goal.

Secondly, given that the sentence as used by micool is only known to refer to "the cup" in an SHL (including its junior and international extensions) related manner. Our kid transformed it, adding a new layer, to include our tournament.

Furthermore, since the quote was given in an interview on an important event, it has significant news value. Fair use should be permitted under the Freemdom of Press Act.

And finally, there was no harm done to the brand or value lost for micool. Au contraire, by significanly expanding the base of people who now know the trademarked sentence, our kid has increased the value of the brand and trademark.

Considering the above, we are confident the judge will dismiss the case. And, given that this was a clear case of fair use, we are strongly considering filing a malicious prosecution claim against micool.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Messages In This Thread
S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by Zerg - 10-30-2023, 10:32 AM
RE: S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by Mutedfaith - 11-05-2023, 04:31 AM