Create Account

Biggest Draft Surprises [2x Draft Media]

I can't speak for the rest of J GMs of course, but I can definitely address this from Nevada's angle.

I'll answer the easy one first - I've enjoyed interacting with Brayden Point's user in his rookie server, we had a perfectly nice chat before the draft, but he made it clear that he'd very much prefer to play center. Since I have three active sophomores who all put points into faceoffs to play center specifically last season when we didn't have any active centers, I didn't think it'd be fair to them to go back on that and make them pay to redistribute the TPE elsewhere. Absolutely nothing against him whatsoever, just wanted to do right by my existing players.

Now the hard one. I'll level with you (and anybody reading this) - the "would you wear the pride jersey" question on the interested prospects survey, that's ours. And it's there for a reason that's incredibly important to both me and Aleris - we have put over two and a half real life years of effort into making Nevada a place that is not just "fine" for queer people (being as I am one and all) but is loudly, outspokenly, even aggressively supportive of the LGBTQ+ community. If someone cannot give us an unequivocal "yes" to something as basic as wearing an imaginary rainbow jersey (let alone comments about "shoving it down people's throats"), that's not someone we're going to draft. We've worked too hard to make sure our locker room is a place where people who have traditionally been unwelcome in sports spaces can join and feel like we will have their back, and that is not something I'm willing to compromise on.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest Draft Surprises [2x Draft Media] - by sköldpaddor - 01-29-2024, 05:44 PM