Create Account

SHL75: Closing Thoughts

WIth all of that, the Top 75 is all done. Something that consumed my life for the past 2 months has come to a close. Almost 75k words written about the top 75, I would like to shout out to @Muerto for helping me write, especially when it comes to the top 20. I was running out of steam, as well as his perspective on things. He was in the league in the S20’s when he wrote about those players. So massive thank you to him. And then of course all the other votes as well. RED, JayWhy, Tomen, WannabeFinn, Ace, Joe, and Leafs4Ever. Took an impossible task of ranking the top 100 players of all time, then getting it all down to a cohesive top 75. This article will just be me rambling a bit about the top 75.

First of all, thank you everyone for reading, even if you only read one article or skimmed some. At the end of the day, this is all for the SHL. Making something special for the 75th season of the SHL. And honoring the past and current members in a way that we haven't really done. We had Argar with the top 100 players of the season of course. But nothing to this magnitude. I think this would be the biggest SHL Media Piece(or combined Pieces) ever. I dont know of any other media series that has 75k + words before.

I know for like 2 or 3 weeks I was doing about 2 articles a day in January. While they were still voting, to make sure that it wasn't a pain in the ass to do.

Some of my favorite people to write about
Jason Visser - He was my #1 on my ballot. So I was just able to kinda follow why I thought he was #1 in the media article. It came really easy for me to write about him. Its also fun because he did so much, and achieved a lot

Jakub Aittokallio - Another one of my favorites. Also JayWhy’s best player and I heard a lot about him from JayWhy himself. Personally my #2 goalie of all time. He really pioneered what it takes for the modern day SHL goalie to win the Ron Mexico, given that he was the first goalie to ever win it. An easy storyline of being the first goalie to 400 wins.

Strom Chamberlain - I loved the narrative of getting his whole lengthy career to finally win a cup in his final season. Even if it was against New England. Had fun writing it

Ivan Lacksamus - A player I am currently gmings. Immensely proud of helping Thief get onto this list. I didnt think when I drafted him that he would be holding the most points record in a single season. He really is the main reason why New England won our cups so far. It was awesome to write about him.

If anyone does want some resources we used to look at their own player or how we voted.

SHL 75 WRITING DOC

All 73,653 words, 138 pages of SHL writing. If you don't feel like going through the Top 75 directory on the site, that doc will be there as well.

Then if yo uare looking for a spreadsheet that has everything

GOOGLE SHEET LINK

Im going to go hibernate from written media for a while now

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Messages In This Thread
SHL75: Closing Thoughts - by luke - 03-16-2024, 06:30 AM
RE: SHL75: Closing Thoughts - by Muerto - 03-16-2024, 07:36 AM
RE: SHL75: Closing Thoughts - by RomanesEuntDomus - 03-16-2024, 12:31 PM
RE: SHL75: Closing Thoughts - by WannabeFinn - 03-16-2024, 12:34 PM