Create Account

Season 51 the plan

11-23-2019, 06:20 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: People are acting like if they didn’t find this issue or their GMs didn’t tell them about this issue, they wouldn’t have used it themselves.

I've seen this thrown around a few times as justification for the situation and I just want to say I don't agree. Perhaps a good majority of people here would go along with it, but I'm guessing some people would have figured that it was bad for the league. When I was told of the exploit a while ago my first reaction is that I wouldn't want to win that way, but I have a different view on sim leagues than most I think. And that's not saying my opinion is right/Hamilton is wrong, I just wanted to throw my two cents in on the idea that anyone would have done this.

In the end the important thing is to move forward with a solid sim engine for the league. I know people have put a lot of work into it and I appreciate them!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

11-23-2019, 03:59 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
11-23-2019, 06:20 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: People are acting like if they didn’t find this issue or their GMs didn’t tell them about this issue, they wouldn’t have used it themselves.

I've seen this thrown around a few times as justification for the situation and I just want to say I don't agree.  Perhaps a good majority of people here would go along with it, but I'm guessing some people would have figured that it was bad for the league.  When I was told of the exploit a while ago my first reaction is that I wouldn't want to win that way, but I have a different view on sim leagues than most I think.  And that's not saying my opinion is right/Hamilton is wrong, I just wanted to throw my two cents in on the idea that anyone would have done this.

In the end the important thing is to move forward with a solid sim engine for the league.  I know people have put a lot of work into it and I appreciate them!

I think you're right in a sense. There are people who would use it, and others who wouldn't. However, when looking at the league, the whole point of running test sims and trying out different builds is to see what works best to get winning results. Whether that is through optimal line combinations or through tinkering player builds, everyone's main reason for doing such a thing is to give them something they can use to help their team win. All I'm saying is, there seem to be a lot of people who have come around saying Hamilton deserves to be punished, when in reality, they did nothing against the rules. You cannot tell someone to not redistribute their TPE. Obviously this is a mechanic in STHS that is broken and can be used to help a team win. I just find it laughable that people are so high and mighty when it's not them who found the issue. You can make the case that there are people who would not have used the tactic, but in reality there is nothing wrong with what they did imo.

I think if we continue to run STHS now, the league will not be in a great place. There will be no build diversity (not that there was much now, but it'll be worse) and it'll just become boring. Something drastic needs to change. I don't know what that solution is, but I think there is something out there that will solve the SHL's problem. Whether that be in the form of a new update scale, new player archetypes, new sim engine, etc. I don't know, but I think there is an answer out there. There are a lot of great people working hard on getting these solutions for the betterment of the league and I really want them to find something. But for the time being, I find it very funny that people are calling for the heads of Hamilton and anyone who took part in this. If nobody is allowed to have an edge (or to try and find one), then nobody should be allowed to run test sims for their teams. GMs put their lines together and make adjustments game after game. By allowing test sims, you open up this type of environment and the possibility of finding something people don't want discovered. Will this happen? No. However, calling for punishment for Hamilton is so hypocritical to me, it's laughable.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'"

Just a matter of time before someone figures another way.

Oh boy

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Is there an official update on S52 or punishment towards those that attempted to cheat yet?

Been looking but haven't seen anything.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

11-30-2019, 05:50 PMNUCK Wrote: Is there an official update on S52 or punishment towards those that attempted to cheat yet?

Still lots of work being done on a switch to FHM6, don’t have a firm timeline for the switch though. S52 is ideal but that’s yet to be seen. And I highly doubt any punishment is going to be handed out to Hamilton or any individuals.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-30-2019, 05:59 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-30-2019, 05:50 PMNUCK Wrote: Is there an official update on S52 or punishment towards those that attempted to cheat yet?

Still lots of work being done on a switch to FHM6, don’t have a firm timeline for the switch though. S52 is ideal but that’s yet to be seen. And I highly doubt any punishment is going to be handed out to Hamilton or any individuals.

So FHM6 is definitely the next program we will be using? Or is it still in the testing process?

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

11-30-2019, 06:45 PMNUCK Wrote:
11-30-2019, 05:59 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Still lots of work being done on a switch to FHM6, don’t have a firm timeline for the switch though. S52 is ideal but that’s yet to be seen. And I highly doubt any punishment is going to be handed out to Hamilton or any individuals.

So FHM6 is definitely the next program we will be using? Or is it still in the testing process?

It's being tested, HO hasn't confirmed anything yet.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

11-30-2019, 05:59 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:

S52 would be way too damn fast for a change like this tbh. I get it the most vocal on here seem to already have made the decision but S52 would be too early to make this type of change.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

11-30-2019, 09:22 PMWasty Wrote:
11-30-2019, 05:59 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Still lots of work being done on a switch to FHM6, don’t have a firm timeline for the switch though. S52 is ideal but that’s yet to be seen. And I highly doubt any punishment is going to be handed out to Hamilton or any individuals.
S52 would be way too damn fast for a change like this tbh. I get it the most vocal on here seem to already have made the decision but S52 would be too early to make this type of change.

Curious why you think so, I'd imagine an entire season + the offseason should be enough to determine if we should make the switch or not.

11-30-2019, 09:30 PMefiug Wrote:
11-30-2019, 09:22 PMWasty Wrote: S52 would be way too damn fast for a change like this tbh. I get it the most vocal on here seem to already have made the decision but S52 would be too early to make this type of change.

Curious why you think so, I'd imagine an entire season + the offseason should be enough to determine if we should make the switch or not.

the offseason for a GM is quite hectic. Theres allot to do in a small amount of time.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

11-30-2019, 09:30 PMefiug Wrote:
11-30-2019, 09:22 PMWasty Wrote: S52 would be way too damn fast for a change like this tbh. I get it the most vocal on here seem to already have made the decision but S52 would be too early to make this type of change.

Well if I had my choice it would never be implemented... but a full season + offseason is not enough time to do something as drastic and league changing as this is. There’s more things to do than just make a sim change and whistle our way to the next season.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Nobody is getting punished.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

I say we punish people even if they didn't break any rules.

Unwritten rules man... Smile

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

11-30-2019, 09:39 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:

Nobody is getting punished.

@Nobody

damn not even involved, yet still blamed

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]