Create Account

S57 mPT #1 - Offseason Moves

Atlanta made the best offseason move by not doing anything about Nathan Explosion (btw) and retaining him on the team. His meme power will help propel Atlanta to a deep playoff run.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

The best move of the off-season is yet to be determined as San Fran and LA currently bid to see who will make Poopity the highest paid player in the league.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Let's be honest. The Edmonton Blizzard's pick at 15 was a home run in picking Rude Sniff who was projected to go top 3 and will be a first overall player throughout his career.

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

tbh I didn't followed the offseason and have no idea who signed with which team. I also had no interest in it, because Texas didn't need anything, every roster spot is filled with an active player. But yesterday we surprised with signing another goalie, to put some pressure on Goodmann and increase our goalie game. We will see if it pays out.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

The two moves that immediately come to mind are the Adam Barron trade, and the signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. The Barron trade is actually a great move for both teams involved. Winnipeg gets a lot of assets for their future. Toronto gets an elite defenseman that nearly perfectly fits their window. Zlatan signing with Buffalo takes care of the one issue they had, that being the uncertain future of Poopity Scoop.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

I think it was San Francisco's draft strategy that looked at potential roster players coming out of the Colorado Raptors.  They knew something others didn't know about, this could pay off in the long run.

[Image: Fsysi9W.png][Image: R6eC8Fu.png]
214 TPE
OTT (S76-)
[Image: ApcZMh6.png]
credit: enigmatic
389 TPE
COL (S56-60)

Dude, how did the Baltimore Platoon re-sign Krashwagen? I'm legitimately surprised that a highly-touted prospect almost made it to free agency. And now he's on one of the more team friendly deals I've seen in a while. It will definitely help with the Platoon with returning to contention for sure.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

The offseason move I want to focus on are those of the Toronto North stars. Faced with the reality of being in the great lakes division, they really have an uphill battle to make the playoffs, even if they have a winning season. To combat this, they took several steps:

First, they made some callups:

- Ryosuke Sato, D, 989 TPE
Sato is a premier defender and premier prospect for the North Stars. One of the TPE leaders in his class, Sato should step into sheltered 3rd line minutes in his rookie season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have an excellent season, and he should be the future of the blue line for Toronto.
- Scoochie Stratton, G, 961 TPE
One of the top young goalies in the league - and one of 3 top tier goalie callups this season, Stratton immediately becomes one of the best backup goalies in the SHL. With Starter Harry Carpet hitting regression for the first time, Stratton will have to wait a few years to get a starting spot in Toronto. That being said, he should see a fair number of games, and from a sim perspective, he will give the North Stars a really good shot at winning their backup games, compared to other teams icing 200 TPE backups.
- Luffy Richard, D, 636 TPE
Not the highest of earners, Luffy Richard still checks in at a decent TPE level. Likely paired with Sato on the third pairing defense, Richard might have a harder time in his rookie season, but is still a very bright spot for the North Stars going forward. 

The North Stars also went out and acquired Anthony Archer - a 900+ TPE forward - who is inactive, but upgrades their third line immensely.

And the final move of the offseason, easily the biggest, was the bombshell trade for stud Adam Barron from the Winnipeg Jets. The top earner in the S50 draft with 1715 TPE, Toronto coughed up 2 first round picks, an excellent prospect in Sarah Burke, and more for the franchise defensemen. But for someone like Barron, it might all be worth it. Barron is on pace to be one of the highest earning players of all time, and fits beautifully with the core of players the North Stars have been assembling. 

All in all, Toronto will have a depth chart looking something like this:

Zaporozhets - Kandinsky - Lane
(1327) - (1906) - (1714)

Pritchard - Marston - Last-Name
(1340) - (1162) - (1154)
Archer - Johansson - Bobby
(907) - (989) - (595)

Barron - Fudgeson
(1715) - (1387)
Zimmerman - Mezaros
(1418) - (1101)
Sato - Richard
(989) - (636)

Carpet
(1906)
Stratton
(961)

This is an exciting lineup budding with potential. In any other division, we would be looking at a lock for a playoff team. What might be even more exciting is that their core is so tightly bundled. With their entire roster (save for Carpet, Fudgeson, Archer and Kandinsky) being in the S50-54 window. This sets up the team to be a powerhouse in the next few seasons, and they should be a prominent figure of the late S50s and early S60s. With the vets mentioned still likely to be around at a decent TPE level, and high end prospects such as Liam Slate and Ryu Jones set to take the place of the last inactives on the team next season, Toronto is one of the places to be. If they manage to swing any more big trades or land any free agents, they could be even more lethal. 

GG to @ml002 and @UrsinZ for finessing the offseason and setting the team up for success.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

the best thing to happen this entire offseason is the fact that reno finally gets to come home and play his rookie season in buffalo, nothing is better!

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Daniil Nikiforov kinda made the decision for Baltimore after essentially sweeping the J awards show, but it was still a smart no-brainer move on BAP's part to call up such a star.

Zakkira Diporov coming for that Rookie of The Year award in the SHL. Winnipeg has summoned the BIG Russian Winger to go up to the SHL and perform. He is going to be on the last line and look for him to compete for that award. Zakkira going to the SHL is a MASSIVE MOVE for both parties. Good Luck Zakkira!!

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

I think I might be the only person to talk about this move, but I want to talk about Texas signing a goalie. Texas added the former SFP goalie, in which is a tough market for goalies. Cillian Kavanagh becomes a starting goalie for Texas, and I know many people say goalies don't matter but I think this will be a long term move. FHM 6 is bad for goalies, but it is rumored that FHM 7 is just around the corner, and this could be the change the goalies need. If FHM 7 makes goalies important, and say the league switches to FHM 7 in 5 seasons? Cillian Kavanagh will be close to becoming a 2k goalie and would be a difference maker for the team.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

The Stampede made a big move in free agency to pick up Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. Adding Ibrahamovic to the blue line should set the stampede up for a long time with an elite, young group of defensemen.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

We called up a couple of great rookies this offseason and I am stoked to see how they work out! Balzims, Kristjánsson and LeBlond are making their Wolfpack debuts with the big club this year. These are exciting times in New England!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Texas standing mostly pat with their current roster.

This was a good move because really, what else could you add to a solid roster that is essentially just growing constantly in an ever weakening division?

Sure some direct upgrades could be made, but why pay a premium when you can just let things naturally develop from here on out? Do they challenge for a cup this year? A lower chance yes, but I feel like next season will be the one to make some bigger moves.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]