Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

option 1 written

Considering that being influenced by Bobby Orr to change positions would require Celly to play some semblance of defense, this incident absolutely has no impact on how they feel about their current level of play. This is what they're supposed to do! And as much as they'd like to drill that particular path and work more on the absolutely sickening dangle they just executed, they'd rather not demoralize their poor goalies again. Not after what happened at the World Juniors. They will, however, demand to watch back the practice video that most definitely exists because they insist on having it, so that they can try and figure out why the hell they suddenly had so much more on ice awareness all of a sudden. Maybe it's just the tracking? Or maybe it's that they've recently started training at a parkour gym and are therefore a lot more nimble than they were even a couple of weeks ago.

[157 words]

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

Prompt 1

The living spirit of Bobby Orr is wasting his time with goaltender Henri Losanov. The greatest defenseman off all time will never be able to make Henri look good as a forward or a defenseman. At 6'7 244 lbs, he would just be too slow out there to do anything offensively. His skating always been bad, he never laid a hit in his entire life. The only thing you could do would be to put him on the powerplay to screen the goalie. But does a team really want to give someone 5 mins of ice time a game? Henri got her coach fired when he was possessed by Mr. Orr in a tie game trying to dangle the whole team and ended costing the game. He was benched for an entire month, he's the laughing stock in the locker room. Please Bobby leave Losanov alone and never come back again. He's already struggling at his main position, no more bullshit please.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Option 1

Well I definitely don't think it was a coincidence that I hit a shot like that after having been visited by the ghost of Bobby Orr. My teammates were shocked a little bit before I got some good natured ribbing from them, with them saying if only I could do that during a game and I should have saved that for when it matters. As for as changing my role well that's up to coach and I'm probably going to have to hit more then one awesome shot before they make me more of an offensive defenseman then a stay at home defensive one. But I am definitely going to try more shots like that in the future both in practice and in games. I'm not going to lie I am very excited to be visited by the ghost of hockey present and what I can learn and improve on from them.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2024, 07:58 PM by zeagle1.)

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

I mean... leg training is pretty obvious, is it not? Naturally, there is the usual leg day that every athlete should have. Sunrise likes to balance things out but since he is more the type that eats vegetables from his days back at the farm, he is still pretty lean and all. Sunrise also skates a lot every training day as he just simply likes the freedom of doing so and the cold seems to comfort him more than the heat. Hard to tell exactly why but he just seems to prefer things that way for some reason.

Truth be told, training his lower body is something he considers rather fun. I mean, it is useful for work but liking it probably helps a lot. Sure enough, he already wonders how it will be when he retires but he is looking forward to seeing how he will end up down the line.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Training for speed and agility on the ice is more important at the professional level than any other level of hockey. The guys and gals at this level are just so much faster and better on their blades than anywhere else you have ever seen. To get in top shape for the SHL regular season, I spend almost the entire offseason in the squat rack. While spending time on your skates is really important, that first couple of steps out of a dead stop is all power. And true power is generated in the gym. I could go out on the ice and skate every day and I wouldn’t be flexing these quads like I am right now if it wasn’t for that summer time gym session work ethic. If you want to be quick on the blades, you gotta be willing to suffer with the barbell. So I do pause squats, split squats, heel raised squats. You name it, I squat it so I can keep up with these SHL skaters.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024, 10:43 AM by brickwall35. Edited 1 time in total.)

Despite the newfound offense prowess Journey Man just displayed, he has no intention of switching to forward. His Coach did half-seriously suggest throwing him on the 3rd line to give it a shot, but if Man really does have the spirit of Bobby Orr in him, it's better to stay on defense. Orr dominated the game on both ends of the ice, and focusing on only the offense aspect of his game would be a waste of these new skills. There are plenty of hot shot forwards in this league, but it's rare to find a D man who can shut people down, and that's the kind of player Journey Man strives to be. If you can excel as a two-way forward, there's no reason you can't excel as a two-way defender. Shut down the other team offensively first, then follow it up with some offensive flourish. Good defense is what wins championships.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Option 2:

When looking at how Wizard prepares himself each and everyday to skate as it has become essentially a part of his lifestyle at this point, we must look at the shape his legs are in. Let me say he is not all legs he is a very well built person on both sides and in order to train his legs he will do a hockey version of suicides back and forth on the ice causing him to need to be able to pivot at a moments notice. This is just the start of the workout. Then he goes to the nearest lake that have those paddleboats and he brings along any family member or friend he wants to hang out with and he does all the paddling carrying the weight of an extra person on him. This allows him to increase the muscle in his legs while the previous once increased his ability to pivot and the flexibility in his legs.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

Second prompt: What Lias does to get better at skating is he just has LEG day all the time. Every day is LEG day when you are LEG. you can never skip LEG day because that would mean just not doing a workout at all because every workout day becomes LEG day. This means that he can even do stuff like bench pressing small children, arm wrestling, playing video games, and using a shake weight, and all of it magically contributes to LEG day and makes him better at skating. It only works if that’s your name though so everybody is super jealous that Lias can get better at skating and do basically no workouts and still win multiple awards and be over a ppg for his career and still never actually put any real effort in. If this sounds too good to be true that’s because it is, this was a fever dream Lias had when he ate some kale chips that had gone off.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Prompt #2

Similarly for skaters, training legs on a consisent basis is critical for goaltenders. Being able to push from side to side, post to post to keep up with shots is so important for goaltender - especially at the higher levels of play. Fortunately, Beau received great genetics for legs passed down by his father who was a track star in college and his mother who loved to ski. However, Beau still believed in a strong leg workout at least twice per week. These workouts would consist of squats, belt squats, leg press, hamstring curls, calf raises and deadlifts to build the muscles of the leg. On the 2nd day of the week training legs, it is more focused on endurance. This would consist of sprints, ab work, and tons of different explosive drills to really fire the legs in a short amount of time. All these combined with a good diet built an incredible lower body for Beau that allows him to perform at the high standards in the crease.

Word Count: 169

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

Written task 2

Ouch it's leg day today! I used to look forward to leg day seeing as it wasn't arm day. But then I come to my new conclusion! I can hate both!
Truth is I love leg day. I'm a pretty quick skater, and it's a part of my game. Got to make sure the legs are in perfect shape.
But I much prefer the actual skating day. Nothing like working hard on those outside edges, then cutting sharp one way and making it snow.
I cut around the cones hard, put the brakes on right over the center dot, and backskate hard to the blue line. But that was yesterday. It's a bit of everything to make that happen.
Today's work is just a bit more grueling. Gotta pull up out of the squats, down into those lunges. Got to do it over, and over, and over, and over and over again.
And we do it. Because we love hockey.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

Pt pass

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]