Create Account

S61 mPT #4- Heroes

Theo Morgan is one. Not because I'm a similar player, but you can still learn a lot by watching the best play. In my case, I watched how Morgan positions himself and how he scores his goals. I watch him in the hopes of improving my goalscoring numbers.

I was pretty all over the place when I created. I think my playerpage still has a different render cus I realized it would be easier to have a render who is an actual hockey player for sig purposes. Anyways, go TJ Oshie

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]

Clayton and Landvik were dope defenders to play with back on my first go around. As a defenseman, it was a lot of playing in their shadows because they were seasons ahead of me and out earned me by a lot.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Norm MacDonald has a bit about "heroes" that gets some crowd reactions. in his memory, I suggest you watch it, or if you've already seen a bunch of his things, just chortle to yourself and think "yea, I think that's the one about teachers or firefighters, I think. if toko linked it I probably wouldn't have clicked anyway, but its nice to think about norm."

i came into the league in s46 (for the s47 draft) and there were some big and sexy names. Mike Izzy, was the perfect bruiser build, but on further inspection also scored a shit ton. Steelhead had just recreated as Esa Parmborg, so i got to meet him/her while learning about sea anrikkanen's wild stats. I thought those would be 2 good players to model my player after.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Esa Parmborg. I am in the S45 class, so I joined right after the trade deadline for season 43. This was easily the biggest name in hockey at the time. And for many years to come.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

My SHL heroes would definitely be the people involved with drafting me to the Newfoundland Berserkers. I have always looked up to them when it comes to having great careers in the SHL community.

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]   Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF]  Team Japan | S60 Gold

There are no players i look up to or want to emulate because there are no players quite like me. I am a giant armoured bear goal keeper and the very best version of that I can be, who else can really compare?

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

When I first joined the site, I guess I looked up to David Winter the most. He was a fixture around the league and a premiere player. He was also my junys GM <3

@RomanesEuntDomus

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021, 02:19 PM by arturs33.)

To be honest, I do not care much about other players in this game. I am here to create an unique player and enjoy my journey as a part of this game.

[Image: ieNy2MY.jpg]
Not gonna thank anyone

When I was drafted I looked up Anchorage leaders but overall I am here to create my own legacy and someday be the one that been looked up at

Drafted 59th Overall in SMJHL S58 draft by Anchorage Armada
Drafted 9th in SMJHL S60 expansion draft by Great Falls Grizzlies
Drafted 36th Overall in SHL S59 draft by Calgary Dragons

[Image: lux2.png]

When I first joined the league, the dominant player was probably Tony Pepperoni, at least for Center. There was also Ola Wagstrom, of course, who was one of the biggest TPE earners. I definitely wanted to be a player like Pepperoni and always have my player picked early in fantasy, racking up lots of points. It seems I'm doing that pretty well thus far, but I know I have a long way to go still to be such a household name!

One player I definitely did NOT want to be was Flacko Lagerfield. Overrated. @JSS

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

When I first joined the site, S43 players were smack dab in the middle of their prime. I wanted to be a powerhouse like some of the prime 2 way centers such as Tony Pepperoni and Luke Thomason.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

The one I remember most clearly was Brian Morley. I joined the league back in S24. I don’t remember exactly why he stood out, but around that time he was one of the best players in the league. I also liked that he had a good number of hits too. I wanted my player to be good, but I also wanted him to hit like that too.

I had to go back to look. Morley had a really good stretch from S22 to S24.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

I'm a huge fan of one Harry Carpet, one of the best goalies in league history and one of the nicest people to ever exist. A true inspiration to goalies everywhere, and my personal hero.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

When first starting in the SHL and also once I made the swap to D the player I wanted to base my game on was Lyle Odelein III. I know he's a standup guy who does everything for his team and I wanted to be that kind of franchise player for wherever I was.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]