Create Account

S68 PT #1: Knuckle Sandwich Due: November 27th @ 11:59 PM (PST

MY NAME IS ASSISTANT CAPTAIN JOHN BROWN, AND I AM HERE IN THE NAME OF THE GREAT BATTLEBORN. THE TEAM OF TEAMS. THE LEADERS OF THE HOLY ICE HOCKEY. AND I HEREBY ORDER YOU, TO, FIGHT, FIGHT IN OUR HOLY NAME. FIGHT, FOR WE ARE ON THE SIDE OF VICTORY, AND YOU ARE ON THE SIDE OF DEFEAT. Assistant Captain of the Nevada Battleborn John Brown is in fact a fighter. I am here to fight in the name of the Nevada Battleborn and to shed the blood of my opponents. I am unsure if they have fought yet, but it most likely is a serious possibility and one that'll happen soon anyway. My perspective is that John Brown exists to defend the goal and his team, and should something end up in the way of that, then by God as my witness I, John Brown, shall fight for as long as is necessary to bring victory to the Battleborn.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Affiliate PBE PT

Down 5 in the home opener is not the place that we want to be. Especially in front our own fans at home. And, when the coach wants someone to step up and be the guy to send a message, sure I can be that guy. However, its not usually the role that I am going to be playing. When you have a roster of older guys like we do here in Chicago, we also have no problem finding a number of different guys with that kind of pride. Generally, I would be the guy that gets up and takes on someone from the other team to send a message and get the fans back into the game. But honestly, there is no reason in a 5 goal game for us to be picking fights. Unless someone on the other team is running our guys or they are running up the score, there’s no reason to get caught with one bad hook on opening night. So, I’ll probably let one of the more young and spry guys take up coach’s wish if he really wants us to throw knuckles.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

[Image: image.png]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

My player? Rasmus Bergling? Fight? I know he's got like a rating of 10 as his bravery stat but cmon, he's not going to be the fighting guy on the team. His hips have been pretty tight lately and fighting could only exacerbate that tension and pain. All it takes is one missed swing and all of a sudden his Hip Hurts. If there's going to be anyone on Newfoundland to step up and send a message, it would have to be Louis Perreault. The dude's a beast - it's like he's not even from this planet. He's got an extraterrestrial sense when he's on the ice and I think that extends to his pride for our franchise. When the Zerks are on the ice - it doesn't matter whether you're from Canada, the US, Europe or Outer Space, it's a brotherhood and a guy like Louis Perreault is always going to be willing to go to war to support his teammates.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Prompt #1

So, your coach wants someone to fight. Regardless of the funny situation of you being the coach, the logic would dictate that you would send out someone from the third line, or the third pair. Someone, who has some grit, some size, and even without any experience, might at least stand a chance and create some sense of threat to the other team.

That person certainly isn't my dangly 5'7 ass that got swapped from forward to playing defense, that's for sure. I mean, Archie might have the mean streak in him, it's the Italian fighting spirit keeping him going day in and day out, but in the end, these aren't your typical guys from the street that scratched your car because they can't drive, the idiots. These are some of the peak athletes found in the world, many considerably bigger than him, and many considerably stronger than him. At this point, I think my coaching strategy is to find a different sacrificial lamb instead, since sending in Archie just for him to get laughed out of the fight isn't exactly the intimidation tactic you should want to use.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

I think that fighting in hockey is one of the best parts of the sport. I think it is one of the things that separates hockey from baseball, basketball, and even football. There is a built in way that players can resolve problems that does not require league wide suspensions and fines. It is punished with a timeout and then life moves on. It makes me sad to see that fighting is not as popular as it once was in the game but, at the same time it makes me happy because fights are even more special and some times it does take away from the game when players are just fighting all the time. I respect the league for looking out for player safety but I hope that fighting remains in the game for seasons and seasons to come. If anyone has a problem with these thoughts they can go ahead and drop the gloves and lets go!

Code:
159 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Player Prompt. Makrus has never been much of a fighter. He has one good fight he can remember from his career so far and it ended with both players on the ground and no clear winner. Being down by 5 or more in a game always sucks but Makrus won’t turn to fighting unless he has to. If they are playing dirty then he will get his hands dirty too. Makrus tries to be a gentlemen player. Helping the other team up off the ice when they go down. All while gently reminding them that his team will put them right back down there if they even think about getting in his way. Makrus leaves the dirty work to his teammates like Towelie or Jonny Tsunami. They are much more comfortable hitting and scrapping with the other team. Makrus adds the insult to their injury after the fact. It might not make the highlight reel but its still effective.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Being from Montreal, Quebec, Bruno Tooyo is not scared of anyone. The hockey growing up here in Quebec is not very friendly, it gets rowdy very quickly and at a young age. And let me tell you, speaking from experience, the parents do not help the situation.

I am definitely that player. I was even banned from an arena growing up because a parent threw Beer at me when I went after their kid. So I climbed the glass and started to attack him before he was able to run off. Running on pavement with skates is not an easy thing to do. The damage was done though, the association did not allow me to ever step foot in that arena again because of the ruthless behaviour I showed everyone that day.

The Armada were aware of this situation before they drafted me and made sure to screen me and others involved before accepting to have me wear the jersey. With that history, it is expected that I would be the one to set the message and the tone for the franchise

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Guinness really wouldn't be the player to go start that fight but honestly Guiness O'Bigbers might be one of the best options for that. Guinness didn't really do a lot of fighting in the Irish junior leagues but he was known to get into scraps quite consistently in practice. I think that Guinness is a great one to get out there and send a message to the other team that this isn't going to just be a walk over game just because the team is down bad. It's never been like Guinness has been one to give up and honestly it might be fun to start fighting people if it means getting the team worked up and showing the other team to step off. I think Guinness would start it by looking for which ever player has been checking the hardest on the other team and just antagonizing that player into fight, insulting them, checking them constantly, being physical. Just show the other team that this is our house and they've gotta fuck off.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 09:45 PM by Jepox.)

Player Prompt:

Pablo Salvatici is not a known fighter, but he was known to throw a fair amount of hits the past few seasons. While age has started to catch up to him and he's become less and less physical, he's still always willing to step up for a teammate. His most known fight would have to be against former teammate Gabriel Johnson while he was still on the Seattle Argonauts, and Pablo kicked his ass. (I don't think Pablo has ever actually fought but this is funny for the story so suck it up @Gwdjohnson ) Johnson had come in hard and fast against the old man of the team Eko Van Otter and boarded him behind the net. Pablo immediately dropped his gloves and rushed him and proceeded to just feed him punches until they both fell down. Pablo is willing to embrace every aspect of the game so he will be more than happy to fight to stick up for a teammate, but knows that he can't be the one fighting if their team is looking to stage a comeback.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT -

As the heavy bearded veteran old guy of the Altanta Infernoge, I will take any fight to shift the momentum our way or to send a strong message to never score 5 goals against our team again. My main targets would be big mouthed players from the other teams like @Gwdjohnson in philadelphiage, I would obvisouly break his nose fighting him. Then @leviadan Burloogie in New-England, that guy, you like him when hes on your side but when hes on the other team he is a true pest, deserves every punch. Then I would also double tag @jay2233 max manning in seattle with my good friend @goldenglutes binko koivu, we all played together in Colorado and finally we can settle some old feuds if he dares score 5 on us. (really good scorer btw that Max Manning). One last person I would fight is @5ympathies Dick Clapper that guy would probably run away from the fight cuz he's old but I would make sure to catch him up and send in a few sucker punches. Wait why are we violent again? I blame the PT director.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 10:03 PM by mastersheep.)

Hockey Prompt:

Fighting is on the decline in the NHL and it’s a shame. Not so long ago, every team had a pest or an enforcer on their squad but since the instigator rule was put in place back in the 90s, the game has slowly changed as teams don’t want to potentially give the other team a powerplay and fighters have been replaced for guys who have more skill than size and strength. Because of this, you don’t really see a lot of fighters out there and thus less fights. But, people often forget the sport is safer overall because of fights since they hold players accountable for their actions. It’s also highly entertaining. Nowadays if someone elbows your buddy in the face, you might get suspended and/or docked pay, but there is a much less physical threat and in my opinion, suspensions can only do so much (without getting into the sometimes seemingly random punishments from the DoPS). Ultimately, fighting is a hockey tradition and while I may sound like an old man yelling at a cloud, it’s disappointing to see it go away.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I think that the discussion surrounding fighting in hockey is a really hard one to pick a side on for me. On one hand, it is very dangerous, and definitely leads to injuries, but it does serve as a sort of deterrent to dirtier hits.

Another issue that comes with it, is that we're seeing it used as a way to police big clean hits, and players getting jumped in situations like that. In my mind, even the tenuous reference to the code doesn't stand here, because the hitter had done nothing wrong.

Ultimately, I think we end up needing to move to an automatic game ejection for a fight. That way, there is added deterrent, but still keeps it around to some respect. That of course would have its own issue of how it's called, since there would need to be some sort of definition to what someone has to have done to be considered a combatant.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]