Create Account

PT Affiliation

08-21-2018, 11:32 AMMike Izzy Wrote: *responding to those that said it's wrong to believe that the SHL is the best league*

why would it be wrong to feel like the SHL is the best league? I see nothing wrong about that type of pride in a place where you put allot of time and effort in. I would suspect that for a portion of members here that type of pride would motivate them to take a policy making jobs to help move the site forward or to spend a portion of there time to make sure that the site migration was a success or to keep themselves away from other leagues and focus there best work here to give the SHL that high level activity and distinctivness. We shouldnt put down those members that consider the SHL the best SIM in the land, those members will be on the front line when we need something done that takes more then the casual member.

There's a fine line between have actual pride for your league (like you) and actively trying to talk down towards other leagues.

08-21-2018, 11:14 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: where would we be without Gatekeeper RED
I'd still be in HO Ninja

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

08-21-2018, 11:32 AMMike Izzy Wrote: *response to some who are saying its wrong to feel like this league isnt the best*

why would it be wrong to feel like the SHL is the best league? I see nothing wrong about that type of pride in a place where you put allot of time and effort in. I would suspect that for a portion of members here that type of pride would motivate them to take a policy making jobs to help move the site forward or to spend a portion of there time to make sure that the site migration was a success or to keep themselves away from other leagues and focus there best work here to give the SHL that high level activity and distinctivness. We shouldnt put down those members that consider the SHL the best SIM in the land, those members will be on the front line when we need something done that takes more then the casual member.

Nothing wrong with having pride, but acting like you're too good for other people (other sim leagues), then you're kind of being stuck up.

I work harder here than in any other league because I love hockey and the friends I've made here, not because I think SHL is better than any other league. To be honest I think we could learn a thing or two from NSFL and PBE, their live sims (especially PBE's) are way more exciting than checking the index once or twice a day.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

08-21-2018, 11:36 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: But yeah I realize I'm getting kinda snarky and probably not very productive in my remarks so I better leave it at that, have a good day everyone. It was good to have this discussion and exchange of opinions, at least for a while!

Nice way to end a hopefully constructive conversation, +1 my dude.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I was more on the side of the SHL being so terrible no other league would want to associate with it

Guess I was wrong

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

08-21-2018, 11:40 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
08-21-2018, 11:32 AMMike Izzy Wrote: *response to some who are saying its wrong to feel like this league isnt the best*

Nothing wrong with having pride, but acting like you're too good for other people (other sim leagues), then you're kind of being stuck up.

I work harder here than in any other league because I love hockey and the friends I've made here, not because I think SHL is better than any other league. To be honest I think we could learn a thing or two from NSFL and PBE, their live sims (especially PBE's) are way more exciting than checking the index once or twice a day.
Im either blind as shit or they do an awful job advertising when they happen on the site. I haven't seen a live sim since like a week after the first draft or something dumb lol

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Honestly, I don't see how this is going to hurt the SHL. I guess if people actually enjoy reading every single PT they are going to have to find something else to read, but I do not believe a single person enjoys reading every PT written...most are garbage. If you and your teammates enjoy writing to/about each other, good news, you still can do that.

In terms of benefits, I joined the SHL knowing dick about hockey and not being a fan. I know slightly more about hockey but am still not really a fan. There was a pretty high chance I was not going to recreate in this league. I would say I am in the top 25% in activity in my team's discord. I hold a league job and write media. If I stick around sim leagues, I will definitely recreate in the SHL.

I know at least of handful of other users that are pretty active members of this community that are in the same boat.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

08-21-2018, 11:31 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:

Ah yes, the good old Buffalo circlejerk is here after one of their own got into an argument, turning it's attention elsewhere after getting bored from just starting fights with the Czechs and the North Stars. What a coincidence that this happens just now after I told you guys that I don't want to go back to Buffalo in the draft...
You’re acting like this league is too good for other people and being elitist as fuck and you’re gonna try and turn it into a Buffalo thing hahahah

the only reason you even had an opportunity to voice your disdain for my team is because Tomen didn’t know any better when scouting

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 11:45 AM by ToeDragon84.)

Also live sim in sths will just be a bunch of boxscores u cant read

08-21-2018, 11:43 AMToeDragon84 Wrote:

Im either blind as shit or they do an awful job advertising when they happen on the site. I haven't seen a live sim since like a week after the first draft or something dumb lol

Do you have the sidebar on the PBE site? The sidebar has the weekly sim schedule :vandals:

08-21-2018, 11:44 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
08-21-2018, 11:31 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:

Ah yes, the good old Buffalo circlejerk is here after one of their own got into an argument, turning it's attention elsewhere after getting bored from just starting fights with the Czechs and the North Stars. What a coincidence that this happens just now after I told you guys that I don't want to go back to Buffalo in the draft...
You’re acting like this league is too good for other people and being elitist as fuck and you’re gonna try and turn it into a Buffalo thing hahahah

the only reason you even had an opportunity to voice your disdain for my team is because Tomen didn’t know any better when scouting
Subscribe

08-21-2018, 11:43 AMToeDragon84 Wrote: Im either blind as shit or they do an awful job advertising when they happen on the site. I haven't seen a live sim since like a week after the first draft or something dumb lol

I can't rule out they are poorly advertised AND you are also blind, at least after Vissers shooting percentage last season.

*goes into corner and cries*

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

08-21-2018, 11:45 AMiamslm22 Wrote:
08-21-2018, 11:43 AMToeDragon84 Wrote:

Do you have the sidebar on the PBE site? The sidebar has the weekly sim schedule :vandals:

Ah yeah it's not on the dark theme

08-20-2018, 09:47 PMKing Wrote: Im either blind as shit or they do an awful job advertising when they happen on the site. I haven't seen a live sim since like a week after the first draft or something dumb lol

We announce it on discord every time it goes up and links to the stream and VODs are also on our sidebar.

This season we also started the thread where you can directly select which game you'd like to watch.

OOTP based index is also a thing of beauty.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

change is good

[Image: 3.png]