Create Account

S49 PT #2 - Before the Fame
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2019, 07:27 PM by Hallsy.)

Hugh jazz before becoming one of the top prospects in the simulation hockey league was considering a career in the NBA. Due to his height he would have been the tallest player to ever play the game of basketball and would be a freak on the court but he decided to play hockey as it was his passion in life and there is more money in basketball but sometimes you gotta do what u want to do in life and Hugh decided to become one of the best goal scorers in the SMJHL. He thought that he might have been the best basketball player ever dueto his size but doing what you love is what is what is most important in life. This is something that was taught by his father growing up as he didn't want to do something that he didn't love to do. He loves hockey and decided that hockey is the best fit for him. He will be continuing to develop his game into one of the best goal scorers in the SHL and he will try be passionate about the sport of simulation hockey moving forward. He wants to be one of the best to ever play and to be one of the most efficient scorers of all time. He wants to start his SHL Career soon but he wants to see some SMJHL success.

Growing up Daniel Smeb didnt really have to take up any jobs money wise. Despite the Smebs being an insanely large family and even though their father Chico Salmon is basically the worst possible father in every way imaginable, one thing he does always provide for the family is basically unlimited money as hes filthy rich after his lucrative SHL career. Despite this Daniel Smeb did have a variety of jobs growing up as a kid before transitioning over to the SHL. The first job Daniel ever had was being a zamboni driver for the local rink, he mainly only took the job because he thought it would be fun but it didnt last long as it was more boring than he thought it would be. His next and longer lasting job was playing pro video games and streaming to make a ton of money. He didn't really learn any lessons from these jobs other than that hes good at everything.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Before being drafted into both the SMJHL and SHL, Conor Tanner lived on the dollar of his father, Connor. That being said though, Connor did instill into him an absolutely monumental work ethic that can be rivaled by absolutely no one at all in the entire world, Conor only had one job growing up and that was as a prep chef at the local Burger King, he was tasked every Wednesday to prepare Whoppers for the entire province of Quebec, it was an exact art that entailed doing this in order:

Buns into the toaster, patty on to bottom bun, mayo on to top bun, then on the top bun lettuce and tomato and on top of the patty, cheese, pickles ketchup in a counter-clockwise swirl.

After that, you would place two tomato slices on the ketchup swirl and you would close the buns together before wrapping them into a nice brown paper package.

Teaching the kids the order in which ingredients are placed on a Whopper is what Conor hopes empowers the kids to never work in fast food.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Oh man... high school! I HATED high scchool! You had the jocks, the hipsters, the thug kids, the preps, the zuckernerds, the really bad at math kids, the Facebook commentators, the bad breath skinny kids, the group home know-it-all’s, the badly dressed GEEKzoids and then you had ME.. Stavros Halkias! Though I played star centre on my provinces AAA midget squad, I didn’t even know how to frickin READ til I was 15! - so NO, I didn’t have a job! Dad worked as a garbageman so I just collected the dirty sticky bottles from dads trash heap and traded them in at the recycling depot! Luckily for me, the guy at the recycling depot was even stupider than I was! He always gave me way more money than what I earned! I remember one time I handed in 3 2 litre milk cartons and a can of diet doctor pepper and he gave me 300 dollars! What a chump! Anyway, I used that money to attend Armada training camp and HERE I am... finally successful.

Thank you for listening to my speech, go class of 2019!

Before being drafted into the SMJHL and then the SHL, Cody had a variety of jobs and activities outside of playing hockey. One of these included working near his local ice-rink, in order to familiarize himself with the game, the ice, and the building in general. This played a huge part in Cody's passion for hockey growing and the ability to surround himself around the game, even at a very young age.

Another job Cody has before his hockey career involved handing out flyers to the local hockey games at wrestling events, in order to spread the word and attention of the city about what would go on at the aforementioned rink. This was an important job, as it not only brought new people into the rink and to attend the hockey games, but it also allowed Cody to meet some great friends that he would eventually play on lines with prior to entering the SMJHL Draft.

The best advice I can give to high schoolers is to just surround yourself around the game as much as you can, as that will ultimately allow you to become a better hockey player and create relationships that can help you succeed both on and off the ice.

Code:
207 words

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Before I got famous I was a beet farmer. I was born and raised on my family's old farm, I never even saw the city until I started playing hockey. Every day I would wake up and 4am and plant some beets, and once they were grown I plucked them out of the ground too. Every meal I used to eat was a direct product of beets. My mom would cut them, dice them, grate them, peel them, boil them, steam them, stew them, and sometimes we would even eat them raw! Growing up on the farm gave me a real appreciation for beets and even now sometimes before games to prepare, I'll juice up a bunch of beets and bath myself in the red liquid like a crazed sexy lunatic. If my skin hasn't been stained red yet, I know to keep going until it does. Beets are my life and even after my hockey career is over, they'll always be(et) there for me.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Before I made the SHL I was on the Chicago Med film crew. This job was great for me as the pay was amazing and I got to meet a lot of cool people. I was tasked with driving a van that included driving around crew members, background actors, and actors. Some actors were nice and friendly while others were not. The job had long hours and while I had family members who had this job for their whole career, I didn’t want to work 15 or more hours per day. I was able to meet some hockey greats who came to see one of the filming days and I got to talking with them and I learned some important lessons that day on how to play my position and how to hold my self to high standards. I still think to this day that those old time SHL greats helped shape my SHL career.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

As a teenager Smeb had to work hard at a local grocery store in Seoul called Zehrs. He was in charge of the entire grocery department and was probably the best worker in the entire store. Even though he knew he would grow up to be a super star in the shl. His parents made him work hard growing up, and choco was motivated to do so. Even working as a grocer he worked as hard as he could to be the best damn grocery clerk in Korea. This taught him a lot about working hard to become the best you can be no matter what you do, and this definitely carried over into hockey. He also learned how to work in a team and follow orders, as well as give others, which has also definitely carried over to hockey. He uses these skills he learned every single day in the Dragons locker room helping him become one of the best team mates in the entire league

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Before being drafted to the SMJHL, Simon LeBlanc had a couple of small student jobs to make a little bit of money while still being at school. It wasn't easy to fit school, job, and hockey all at the same time, but he managed to do it by organising his time very well and following a strict schedule. LeBlanc would only work during the winter. In the summer, he would go help his uncle on his farm which has belonged to his ancestors for over four generations. But as for actual jobs, he did about 3 different one. He started by washing dishes in a small restaurant in Montreal. He hated the job so much that he decided to quit after two weeks. After that, he worked has a cook in a local Tim Hortons. He kept that job for a whole year, until the shop closed. He then worked as a clerk in a grocery store. That's were he ended when he was drafted.
Code:
165 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Before the fame, yung Flacko was a motherfucking trapstar. In Southside Chiraq where the young stud grew up this man and all of the mandem with him used to move packs. Flacko was very poor so this is what he had to do to be able to afford to play hockey. Lagerfield was a very well respected trapstar at one point and has the Guiness World Record for fastest chicken sold. The record stands as acquiring the birdies and then selling the whole pack in a matter of 3 minutes. Everyone in the room including the official time keepers were in shocked and did not believe how fast this young trapstar was able to move in such a short amount of time. Lagerfield's name is still known throught the Windy City as being the greatest and youngest trapstar alive and the city of Chicago is even considering implenting a statue in his honour for how much narcos he sold.

[Image: 3.png]

Tony Pepperoni was pretty lucky growing up. He's the nephew of former SHL player Tommy Salami, so he was able to learn first hand what it took to be a player in the SHL. That doesn't mean he didn't have to work. Tommy Salami used his time in the SHL to create a pizza empire called Salami's Pizzaria. Pepperoni grew up working in the flagship franchise location and boy did he have to work. He'd prepare hundreds of dough balls every morning in the summer and had to oversee the making of the special pizza sauce (it was a family secret so no regular employee could make it). After spending all those summers working hard, never seeing Tommy Salami in the kitchen and knowing he was bringing in all the money made Pepperoni realize he should probably follow in his footsteps. That lead Pepperoni to the SHL and now he's living comfortably on his recently signed 13 season, $52 million deal. You won't see Pepperoni making pizza anytime soon.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I remember my days before playing in the Simulation Hockey League, I was around the Los Angeles Panthers as their mascot for half of their home games while his father Chris Crutchfield played for the Panthers. However, this was pretty short lived as the mascot costume was much too big for young Chuck and kept him from playing hockey with the USA U-18 team at the time.

However, going forward, Chuck attributes his ability to deal with pesky forwards and opposing players to being stuck in that mascot costume for games where he was treated poorly by some of the Panthers fans. With those experiences behind him, it helped him grow into the hockey player that he is today, putting up good numbers and being a relatively good player for the West Kendall Platoon, his new home for the past two seasons. Going forward, Chuck looks to use the experiences in the mascot suit to help him grow as a player in the SHL.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Code:
Written Task: The league wants its players to visit high schools around the states and provinces in which they play and talk to the students about life before SHL fame! You're tasked with talking to the students about the jobs you had before the SHL: What were the jobs? Did you enjoy them? Did you learn anything from them? Did any of them have an impact on your life or career?  (must be 150+ words)

Before Nolan Sawchuk became a massive Simulation Hockey League star for the Tampa Bay Barracuda franchise, he worked at a retail store and was also an aspiring model. It was a small local startup shop that he worked for, and he modeled for their ads and stuff to promote all of their shit they want to sell. It ain't much but it's honest work, and it got him some mad bank that he used to buy whatever he wanted to over the years. Sawchuk also worked at his local rink for a while. He drove the zamboni and was a great asset to the rink. He also helped as a coach's assistant for a minor hockey league team. He was a real good worker and is now a big star for the Tampa Bay Barracuda of the Simulation Hockey League, and formerly a star for the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League team the Kelowna Knights. The End.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Aleister Cain never got a job, he went to the SMJHL straight out of high school. However, before he was drafted, he was all set to go to Nashville to Belmont University to study songwriting. If he didn't go into hockey, he likely would've tried his hand at a music career. He has always been passionate about art in general but especially music, and learned guitar at a young age which helped a lot with his hand-eye coordination and also helped him slay poon in high school. People dig musicians more than athletes.

He likely would have gotten a tutoring job in college or perhaps even taught music lessons if the cash was good. He's not a great teacher and doesn't have the personality for it but whatever pays the bills I suppose. Luckily things turned out the way they did and he doesn't have to teach, and instead can start for a professional hockey team in the SHL.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Alex Andani had minimal work experience leading up to his entry to the SHL, after all, his family did travel a lot while he was young. He didn't enter the workforce until 16, getting a part-time job at a cafe once his family settled in Latvia (or wherever they settled I can't remember the backstory). His father pushed him to enter the workforce despite his budding hockey career as he believed it would help develop his work ethic to the level needed to maintain a professional hockey career. While the work wasn't overly strenuous, it provided Alex an environment where he would develop his ability to process many different tasks in a short amount of time - a skill all hockey players need. From greeting the customer, taking their order, to upselling the customer, confirming their order and ultimately making the order - it's a lot to get done in less than 2 minutes. It goes without saying that working in a fast-paced environment can be incredibly stressful at times, but it does wonders for developing a persons ability to make split-second decisions.

188 words

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]