Create Account

S56 mPT #4 - Playoff Preview

I expect the same small handful of teams to compete because that’s how FHM works. There’s no chaos factor. If you’re in your window of contention you have a shot.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I'm predicting the highest scoring player in the playoffs. Boxman and Donair would've been the two top dogs, but with the Boxman retirement ANA became more of a question mark. Definitely putting my money on Nikiforov at this point.

[Image: sulov.gif]

I have a feeling that this might be Chicagos big year. They have a fantastic roster and they really took another step this season. Although Hamilton might yet prove too much for them.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Gonna go for the low hanging fruit and also say that HAM will be the favorites to win the cup. They've always out-performed their TPE levels ever since the switch to FHM, except this season they had a really strong roster on paper and in terms of TPE, and they showed how dominant they could be with it. Based on the experience with a 12 team playoff last season with the J, there's a few storylines I'm interested in:

HAM vs. CGY semi final - HAM might be the favorites, but due to FHM's weird seeding, they won't have an easy road to the finals. If both of these teams win their round 2 matchup, we'll have a semi final matchup with the two best teams in the league. We saw it last season with the #1 seed NL having to play the #2 seed CAR in the semis, and that went the distance with 7 games and was the most competitive matchup in the playoffs. It'll be something to watch in the SHL here, and could be the best series of the playoffs with the only 80+ point teams happening before the cup finals.

Round 1 sweeps - Allowing 9-12 seeds into the playoffs really leads to some talent mismatch in round 1. Last season in the J we saw 3/4 of the round 1 matchups resulting in a sweep for the favorite, and here we have a CHI/WPG, BUF/LAP, EDM/NEW, and NOL/ATL, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these were 4-0 sweeps as well.

CHI - I'm intrigued in CHI this season, they had one of (if not) their best season in FHM, one of only 2 teams that had more than 200 goals, and one of only 3 teams that had less than 200 goals against. They never would've been able to get the 2 seed since they were in the same division as HAM, but they were only 2 points behind the 2 seed CGY. This might have been beneficial to them though. They play WPG in round 1, if they win play TEX in round 2, and if they win they play the winner of MAN and their opponent. TEX and MAN are still strong teams that had a great seasons and could definitely beat them in a series, but like I mentioned before, HAM will have to play the 2 seed in semis. So finishing 2nd behind HAM could possibly lead to an easier route to finals, and also wouldn't be shocked if the two teams met in the finals.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

I believe the Hamilton Steelhawks are quite easily the favourites heading into these playoffs. The team is stacked throughout the lineup and Morgan is essentially unstoppable at this point.

Falcons Canada

I expect the most interesting matchups, assuming they happen, are the 1v2 seed matchups in both leagues. Hamilton and Vancouver's biggest tests will likely come in that round. While Carolina and Calgary will both be underdogs, these will be some of the closest games in the playoffs.

Hamilton in 6, Carolina in 7.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

The Anaheim Outlaws will win the SMJHL playoffs. They wont stomp their opponents but they will slowly go to the finals where they will meet the Vancouver Whalers.

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

Chicago is going to lose the first 2 games of the playoffs to later rally together and win the rest of the games throughout the playoffs. Except for game 3 of the finals.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I see the Atlanta Inferno make it to the grand finals, and to win it all because we are really hot otters right now. No matter who joins us from the west, they won't have a cinderella story as good as ours and as such, we will be guaranteed to win. everybody likes cinderalla teams winning it all.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

i would like to write a haiku about my thoughts on this. ahem.

chicago will win
scoring goals easy as fuck
give me the trophy

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

lets say the Steelhawks and Dragons stay dominant over their respective conferences. if we saw a HAM and CGY finals... i think its possible Calgary could hold off Hamilton and narrowly come out the victor.

I think the Calgary Dragons are in line for a deep playoff run. They have the talent, and they have one of, if not the best manager of all time strategizing behind the scenes for them.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Playoffs are going to be interesting... With the re-seeding, it will be most difficult for any lower seed (aka bottom 6) to march to the championship game. With the re-seeding format, the favorites are going to be heavily favored. I think it will come down to a mix of Hamilton, Chicago or Calgary.

[Image: Wally.png]

With Anaheim losing Boxman, I don't see anyone getting in the way of Vancouver in the SMJHL playoffs. Anaheim could sneak their way to the finals, but I don't think anyone is going to be able to handle the relentless scoring and suppressive defense of the Whalers.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

I think we are going to see a East vs East final in both the SMJHL and the SHL. Which will be a lot of fun... The possibility of an all East Semifinal is also a thing in the SHL, but I really hope it doesn't happen.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]