Create Account

S67 Championship Week Due: November 6th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

ISFL Affiliation 
+3 TPE

Milestones
+2 TPE

S67 Trivia
Frankenstero
+3 TPE

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)

In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?
Obviously i'm a little bit biased since it was my rookie season with the New Orleans Specters, but sure i've got to go with the New Orleans Specters are the team that should have won the whole cup, but ended up short in the playoffs.  We came out very strong in the 1st round against Chicago, and then up 3-1 almost lost it all going to game 7, but finally won the series and advanced to the second round.  In the second round it was just a complete bloodbath playing against Winnipeg, and getting swept 4 games to none.  What seemed like it was going to be a great and long playoff run, ended going 1-6 in the last 7 games played.  Winnipeg went on to lose in the next round to the eventual championship team, Seattle.  Friedensreich Hundertwasser tried to do it all in the playoffs for the Specters, but he just couldn't single handedly bring the cup home.

Code:
160 Words
+3 TPE

Quote:20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Leek (150 words min.)

If you were the judge of a Leek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship Leek? Aesthetics only? Is taste a factor for you? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me, in 150 words, how you would define the perfect championship winning Leek.
I'm not sure if anyone else has been a judge in a Leek competition, but I sure know I have been one, many times!  There are a lot of different views you need to take on the Leek when you are a judge.  How white is the bulb of the leek?  How much fuzz is coming out the end of the leek?  How green is the stalk on the leek?  All these things come down to the visual needs when grading them.  And then you also have to make sure that the smell is nice with a soft mustiness that means it isn't rotten, but also was from the ground, and not one of these new Synthetic Leeks that we've been hearing about in Leek Grading Weekly.  And then finally it comes down to the taste of the leek, you want that slightly sweet taste again with the flavor of the ground that it was planted in.  Sometimes you can tell that people were trying to amp up their leek with unapproved soils, and that's when I bring out that BAN HAMMER.
Code:
182 Words
+3 TPE

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)

I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.
I wanted to thank Gordon Bombay for bringing me into the SHL as we were on the same minor league team in the PBE.  And he was able to bring me onto the best minor league team in the league, the Colorado Raptors.  And there I was able to meet main GM Lord Jumbo, with him helping me become the best Winger in the minors that I could, and in that time setting a handful of lifetime Raptor records.  Not only did I get to play for Jumbo, but then he got to play for me in the PBE minors for the Brew City Bears.  These sim leagues are really great leagues to be in, but it's all about the connections you make with people!
Code:
125 Words
+2 TPE

Tampa Bay GM Cw Pass

Maine Timber GM CW Pass

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

S67 Trivia
capy

Milestones (2)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3283887

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification: pizza?

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ word
b. Manhattan just clicked at exactly the right time. The top line of Lebedev, Speedwagon, and Lind really kicked into gear and did a lot of the heavy lifting. Especially Lebedev, he had a solid if not spectacular regular season, especially compared to his S66. But he went berserk during the playoffs with 22 goals in 27 games. Not to mention Redacted putting up a real good .921 sv%. That certainly helps.
c. Jeez, I don't tend to pay a whole lot of attention outside of my own team so I didn't realize just how many games Manhattan played. Every single series they played in went to 7 save for round 3 against Montreal where it went to 6. I don't think too many coaches/players would want to be going through that many wars in one playoff run so I would have to give the hand to Seattle there. I think some mix of rest and consistency is best. You don't really want to be playing as many games as Manhattan did, but I also don't think it's good to be waiting a week for your next series either. Can really hurt your mindset and focus to sit that long.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?
Noel is senior enough in his career now that he's no longer required to share a room on the road. However he does tend to hang out with other players in their rooms pretty often in order to stay social and keep the strong team vibes going, especially in the playoffs. Himself, Kaapo Kampainen and Ethan Duncan tend to watch hockey together quite a bit. He also has an Xbox Series X that he will dive into from time to time as well. A lot of the younger players on the squad play video games pretty often in their downtime so he'll join them once in a while too. While he will go out with the guys for dinner and to check out some places in other cities he usually tries to keep things lowkey and relaxed, no partying or anything like that. It's the playoffs so staying focused is a must.

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?
Although he hasn't actually played with him yet, Noel was speaking with newly signed Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay who was telling him about his pretty interesting superstition. Whenever he wins a game in the playoffs he'll always have some post-game pizza slices. He'll take it in to the press conferences and everything and just eat while he talks to the media. He thought that was a pretty bizarre superstition. He didn't ask what kind of pizza he normally gets though, maybe he mixes it up every time or maybe he gets the same thing every time. Probably the same thing every time. Those superstitious folks like to keep things pretty consistent. It must work for him though, pretty sure he has won at least a couple of Challenge Cups. Hopefully the pizza ritual will rub off on the Aurora this season and we can finally win that elusive championship. Noel's had some decent playoff runs but hasn't got that final prize yet.

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3283823

Quote:18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about season two of FHM 8?
It's me, the procrastinator. As always. I think for the most part, the playoff results were decently predictable. I think I did actually take Seattle to win the cup, they had a slow start to the regular season but really had things going by the end. Manhattan went on a bit of a surprising run I think. They were mid-pack during the season but really turned things on in the playoffs rocketing themselves to the finals. Biggest surprise for me was Montreal taking down the mighty North Stars. Didn't see that one coming, Toronto's offense was insane but managed to shut them down enough to take the win.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 09:05 PM by raymond3000. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
song

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

a. Seattle was a big winner this past off season, loading up on talent to bolster what was already a championship contending team. Acquiring three of the leagues best players in Luukas Lilja, Anton Mihailov, and Jonas Kahnwald was a masterful move by their general managers. While the regular season was somewhat underwhelming, this team was built to perform in the playoffs and thats what they did.

b. Manhattan is certainly a surprise team in the Challenge Cup Finals. In the eastern conference, the favorites were the Atlanta Inferno and the Toronto North Stars, but the Rage have managed to prevail in their half of the bracket. They have been led by a superhuman performance from their number one centre in Lev Lebedev so far, but ultimately came up just short in the finals.

c. The extra rest days that Seattle has been able to get by closing out their series quicker will show their advantage in the finals. The Rage have fought tooth and nail to get to the finals, and while their resilience is something to be admired, this constant wear and tear has to get to their players eventually.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)
In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?
I think the best team to not win the Challenge Cup this season was the Atlanta Inferno, who were the defending SHL champions. During the regular season, they finished tied for second in the league with the Toronto North Stars and behind the Winnipeg Aurora, but I give this Inferno team the edge because they are far more experienced in the playoffs and have shown they know what it takes to win in the brutal which is the challenge cup playoffs. They have elite talent up and down their lineup, including arguably the best player in the league in Salzberger Lillehammarrson. Surpsingly, not only did the Inferno fail to make it back to the Challenge Cup finals, they didn't even make the eastern conference finals as they were dispatched in the second round by an inspired Manhattan Rage team. Goaltending was their downfall in this series, as Evgeni Petrov's sub 900 save percentage is a hard barrier to overcome.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+1 TPE

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats no matter which way you go with it!
[Image: X5PcNiw.png]

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Speedrunning (150 words min.)
Speedrunning is a huge movement in the video game world, and frankly I feel like the SHL is falling behind in this department. Pitch me a few different speedrun categories we could have in the SHL. Take it seriously! Or don’t! Is there any actual potential in this idea, or am I silly for suggesting it? As a graphic option, depict your player as a Twitch streamer going for a world record in the game of your choice!
I feel that any sort of speedrunning tied to sim performance would be too random to be a competitive category. Sure it would be cool to note which players have won a Challenge Cup the fastest or gotten to a certain point milestone the quickest, but these are so dependent on your team performance and just plain luck. Instead, I think having speedrunning categories based on some more controlled variables would be far more viable. One category could be earning a certain amount of SHL money, say $25 million, in the quickest time possible. This would also encourage more media, graphics and podcasts to be produced, providing some additional leaguewide benefits on top of personal bragging rights. Maybe money earned via jobs or contracts would have to be excluded from this category, as those tend to pay out quite a bit at once. So I guess the category would be most money earned via content.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Code:

3 milestones 3 TPE

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

tocaps

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

I think a cool song to use for the whole lenght of the simulation hockey league playoffs would be a song by the Finnish band Beast in Black. Beast in black is a powermetal band with electronic music vibes, really dancy while also being powerful and aggressive. This would get everyone hyped. I thnk someone that could sing it is former Simlation hockey league player Nathan Explosion. He could growl the lyrics and adds an even more brutal tone to it. A good song would be last survivor because thats whats playoffs are about, be the last survivor. Also another song that could do well is belladonna. I dont know if the lyrics fit but the hype while listening to this song reaches maximum level and everyone would love it.

If this band wouldn't work, I think we could go with the good old Iron Maiden, Run to the hills. It's a classic, everyone loves it, montages with that song are awesome and metal needs to be more present in hockey so we can make hockey brutal again.

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

[Image: image.png?width=460&height=492]

Code:
ISFL Affiliate PT prompt 3 TPE

This point task from this week

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Leek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a Leek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship Leek? Aesthetics only? Is taste a factor for you? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me, in 150 words, how you would define the perfect championship winning Leek.

A perfect leek must first and foremost be the right size. It must be precisely two feet in length and three inches in diameter. The leek must also be free of blemishes, dirt, and debris. Aesthetics are not a determining factor, but a perfect leek must be a deep green color with no brown or yellow spots. The leek should be firm to the touch and not wilted in any way.When judging a leek competition, I take all of these factors into consideration. Size, color, and condition are all important. I also pay close attention to the leek's flavor. A perfect leek will have a mild, slightly sweet flavor that is not overpowering.

As a leek judge, I am always on the lookout for the perfect leek. This is not an easy task, but it is one that I take very seriously. I believe that a perfect leek is the key to winning a leek competition.The last leek championship I judged was quite eventful. There was a lot of competition and the leeks were of very high quality. However, there was one leek that stood out above all the rest and it tasted like a hotdog. I was so impressed with this leek that I awarded it first prize. The leek's owner was thrilled and the other competitors were stunned. It was probably not grown by goldenglutes because he sucks at gardening.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

thumbsupemjoji

3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

the world of music is a beautiful place and every year a bunch of artists come out and produce beautiful new songs for the entire world to listen to and enjoy with their ears. this year was no different. so every year the shl likes to put togetehr a little commercial with a cool song attached to it that everyone gets really excited to! this year the song was stir fry by megos! wow does this song ever want me to pop my ass back to the beat. i want to find the closest huiman and throw it back on them whenever this beat comes flying into my face. and boy do the shl community love it! everyone is going wild. i think it makes a good hype song because the beat goes hard and makes you want to dance. thank you to migos for this track and thank you to the shl community.

In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience

everybody in the world knows that the simualtion hockey league is full of professional teams and every single one of them is very important and also very good at hockey in their own right. but today i am here to tell you which one i thikn is the best one that did not make the simulation hockey league finals. i think that team could be maybe the wolfpack or even the monarchs but no, i think personally that it is the hamilton steelhawks. they have a really good well rounded team and they are led by super star forwad tommy westbrook (but this time i upd. he is just one of those players who goes out and steps on the ice any chance he gets and makes it really difficult for the opposing team to anything but cowar in their own zone and cry until he finally takes a step off the ice for a small breather.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

tommy westbrook but this time i upd spends a lot of time with the boys in their rooms and they get up to all kinds of silly little things in their hotel room when the door is closed. but his closest most special little friend is tommy koivu. tommy koivu is a small forward and him and tommy westbrook but this time i upd do so many things together, espicailly at night. they love going out into the town and hititng up all the pizza places. they love to try all the places of pizza to get a good hold on where the best pizza places are in the world. so far memphis is ranked number one. then they also hit up all the petting zoos in every town they are in and they look for the pig pen so they can go roll around in the mud and pretened that they are little pigs together. what a fun time they have.

6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

this one gets a little personal for the hamilton steelhawks but i will let you guys in on their little secret anyways because i am the man of the people. hamilton steelhawks are well known for their long winning streeks they go on during the regular season of the simulation hockey league. the secret to all their teams success involves animals and blankets. forward tommy westbrook but this time i up and tommy koivu go to the local zoo and find a certain animal that hey need to complete the ritual. usually its a pig but sometimes it can be a moose or turtle. anyways they throw the blanket over the animal and bring it back to the locker room. they then take it out and light candles around it and do a dance then they put it back in the blanket and bring it back to the local zoo. it as never faield them yet.

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

we all know that the seattle gms are always on the prowl to add different pieces to their squad to improve the play on the ice. and this offseason was no different. they went out and aquried solid pieces to bolster their team and look how that has paid off so far. they are back in the finals of the simulation hockey league. vaseleine paul calzone and they signed him to a long term contract and look how that paid. i am not surprised.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Code:
Affiliate
Isfl affiliate

Code:
allo

Code:
Milestones

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fall Fashion
Some players like to make a statement with this clothing on their way into a game. Is your player known for this? Show me your player walking into a game in their craziest outfit. Is it some weird costume? A full designer getup? Something else entirely?
[Image: a81401f7d616794bdabff66ad37b36e3-removebg-preview.png]

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Spooky Season
It’s not every season that we have a CW running right over Halloween! To celebrate this momentous occasion, depict your player in a horror movie of your choice! Are they a clueless victim? A conniving killer? Maybe a grubby little monster?
[Image: the_ring_dreamscene_by_wallybescotty.png]

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image.
[Image: craiyon_195654_Kermit_scoring_a_game_win...y_goal.png]

16 TPE

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 09:10 PM by kast3rborous. Edited 2 times in total.)

CW trivia verification word: hello +3

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3283472 +3

This years elk ought to have won the four star cup but lost far too early in the playoffs. St. Louis went to extreme measures to win the series and you have to hand it to them for being so determined. They decided to augment their players with super experimental cyborg tech. They gave the goaltender a bionic eye so they could see and react to shots faster. Even their greatest goal scorers couldn't get nearly as many shots through. They added actuators to the defensemens legs so they could skate faster and hit harder. The elk players couldn't ever keep on the puck. They augmented the wrists and eyes of the forwards so they could shoot more accurately. The St Louis players were very careful not to over use these improvements and not get caught. It gave them just enough of a edge to outshoot and outscore the well seasoned Regina Elk

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Speedrunning (150 words min.)

Attached

11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Now You, With the Weather!

Attached

13. Graphic 1 TPE
Attached

16/16

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: BtI4G9Q.png]

task 1 trivia

donkey

3 tpe

task 2 a.
buddy. who didn't seattle add, am I right?? haha. just kdiding. So they went and got some really good players. People forget that. Some of those great players are guys like Luukas Lilja, who i think was last year's leading scorer, anton mihailov, who is simply a freak of nature, and finally jonas kahnwald. wow, they really looted LAP lol. Good stuff Seattle.

1 tpe

task 3

Oh buddy. Don't even get me started on the shl playoffs song that will be used by the shl. there are so many songs to choose from. You could almost say too many. It's crazy. They never stop making songs? What the hell? lol. My thoughts on what the song should be this year? I'm gonna gowith a song that not a lot of people have heard of because it just came out! It's a song called broke boys by drake, otherwise known as aubrey graham, and his coworker 21 savage. Now, the SHL may not have heard of this song, but they will love it. It's the type of song that makes everyone go... no way... this song is awesome! And I can't say that i don't agree with them. It's one of those songs that just slaps, and that's what you want out of a hype song right? a song that gets you hype!

3 tpe

task 4

Ther'es no way I can pick only one team. They're all so good! The amount of teams that are good is just crazy. I would never want to be a GM in this league cause of how hard it is to win! the best one that didnt make the playoffs? That's a great question. A lot of people won't expect my answer to this, but if you just let me explain, I think you'll be surprised they didn't kmake it ! It's this little goofy team called the edmonton blizzard. They blizz, and they blizz hard! While currently, they are led by a bunch of bums, you can tell they just need that one extra piece, and that is Ben Waters. Did I say bums earlier? I meant this team is full of talent, but they need a superstar. I think they should make the finals next year, and maybe even win the whole goshdarn thing!

3 tpe

task 5

Now, this year, this year was a little bit different for Ben Waters. He got to know his friends tommi koivu and wide peepo happy 3 koivu back in the day, and he got up to lots of little mischief with those guys. Tommi and wide peepo happy 3 are two little goofballs, and they get up to crazy things when no one is looking! One time, Waters was just hanging out, playing video games on his video game console, and tommi koivu walked up to him and kicked him in the face! what the hell? That's what waters said and then wide peepo happy 3 koivu spat on him! However, everyone knows it was all in good fun. All 3 of the scarecrows trio are early risers, because they are knowing of the phrase: early bird gets the worm! and they would NEVER let ANYONE else GET THE WORM! IT'S THEIR WORM!

3 tpe

task 7

milestones

3 tpe

total tpe: 16

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 09:17 PM by Marcul_le_depanneur. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW trivia (3 TPE)
Goal

3. Song of the Playoffs (3 TPE)
This year, the SHL song of the playoff is “Mettre du tape sur ma palette” by Bob Bissonnette. This came as no surprise to all the French Canadian since the SHL as been pushing to have a bigger part in the Quebec hockey market.

As for the song itself, having a song about hockey performed by a retired hockey player came as no surprise. As the song is playing, the promotional video will alternate between video of players readying themselves for the game and various highlight of the season. The video will end

I think this will be the perfect choice because the song just makes too much sense. Having a song about playing beer league hockey performed by a hockey player for the SHL commercial would attract a lot of attention to these playoffs. Plus, it could make some people some French language. It could also attract a sponsorship by Tim Horton since this company is mentioned in the song.

5. Hotel Rooms (3 TPE)
Being a professional hockey player necessitate to travel a lot and to spend a lot of time in hotels.

Since having a routine is very important to maintain a balance lifestyle and mind, I tried to maintain my daily routine even when I’m on the road. As such, I wake up at 6h30, go for my morning run, take a shower before eating my breakfast and drink a cup of coffee. If we don’t have a game or a practice in the day, I head for the gym, if not, I’ll prepare myself for the game by watching some film and relax myself by watching some movies or playing video games.

My favorite thing to do when in an away trip, is to organise some SNES hockey tournament and playing with my teammates. This game is absolutely silly as it allow goals to be scored by shooting through the back of the net, but the boys loves it and I found that it is one of the best ways to bound with your teammates.

7. Milestones (3 TPE)
+3 TPE - milestones

17. Nu Metals (3 TPE)

In the quest to find the replacement to traditional medal material (gold, silver and bronze), I think the SHL could use the things it has the most at its disposal… Hockey pucks! They could be painted or drawn on to illustrate the gold, silver and bronze medals. The tournament trophy could be made with a puck as well. Imagine how cool it would be to award a player the MVP trophy with the puck he scored the series winning goal!
I think giving away hockey pucks would be fun for the players since they could use their medals for something else than just hanging on the wall.

I think chocolate gold medals (the one with foil around them) could be given to the players as well. They would be perfect for this task since nothing is better than winning on the ice then being able to eat some chocolate. Plus, the league could by them in bulk after Halloween saving a bunch of cash that could be put into various charities.

22. We Should Start a Band! (3 TPE)

Knowing @lespoils from IRL and having already played some music with him, the choice for my first bandmate was easy for me.

Since he can sing way better than me, he will be the band main singer and rhythm guitarist. For my part, I’ll be the lead guitarist and I’ll be in charge of the backup vocals. Kind of in a blink-182 way, we’ll alternate being the band frontman one after the other.

@LarryTheMVP will be in charge of the drums and his drumming kit will be installed on a hamster ball (just like Travis Parker) to allow him to play drums solo while spinning around. And the bassist, will be … not important to be mentioned as all other bassist (jk, I love all bassist and you guys definitely don’t receive enough love as it is way easier to find a guitar player than a bass player to form a band).

We will play a variety of songs ranging from metalcore to rap to country and blues.

18/16 TPE

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

2.a - I think Seattle has had what it takes for a long time now. As someone more familiar with one of their star players, I've been watching them closely for a few offseasons now. The leadership team over there has repeatedly steered the ship into new and better directions, and that is only for the better. They seem to have "it".  (60)

2.b - As with most Cinderella runs, they tend to run out of steam. However, they're not called the Rage for nothing. I think they have a good, young core that they've been getting even more than they thought they ever could of out of. As long as all facets of their play continue to hold up, they have a genuine chance at winning it all both this season and beyond. (69)

2.c - Luckily, Manhattan is young. Unluckily, so is Seattle. I think the better team wins, and that team is going to be the one that we don't have to ask these questions about. Seattle has been the better team, and they're better rested. It's not exactly rocket science here, is it, folks? Seattle in 5. (56)

2.d - As I said above, I think Seattle stays hotter longer. They don't need the same level of luck to outperform their natural floor, which is what the Rage have been fighting all season, as well as having the naturally more talented team with a higher ceiling. Seattle in 5 baby. (50)

3 - The Song of The Playoffs is one of the most important choices the modern SHL can make. It has the ability to establish the entire tone of the post season, and thus has to be selected from a small few choice of songs that can thus affect the modern viewer, populated majority by sub-45 year old viewership. This song must also be one that evokes a sense of pride and accomplishment within the listener, and as such, would need to avail the listener to deeper themes - nay, even important new sources of critical thinking and mental acuity. Rather, this song must undeniably consume and absorb the soul of the audience, to the point wherein their own identity is irretrievably interwoven with the very fabric, the very mesh identity of the league itself.

With this in mind, I hereby present the choice I have made for Song of the Playoffs.

Gummo.

(150 words)

20 - In terms of judging a Leek, one must often compare it to its ancestral heritage,  the Scandinavian Water Rhubarb. The Scandinavian Water Rhubarb is one of the lesser known varieties of the Rhubarb (pronounced RHUE-BARB), and is primarily known for its off-Rhubarb colour of Green. This ties it very closely with the more European "Letuke" (Gothic, meaning "small tree"), which is now often called by its more common English name of Celery. Truly the heritage of the Leek is one of the more fascinating in that of Vegetable.

Now, where this comes into play with regards to judging a Leek itself is more with regards to the FEEL of the leek - which is both a true statement and an acronym. You see, the F stands for "Fullness", where the Leeks are all fed the same meal of steak and potatoes, and the Leeks are then judged based on who still has room for dessert. The first "E" stands for Entropy, meaning that all things are going to come to an end.

All Leeks will eventually be consumed - by human or non-human organisms.

The world decays.

We fall into infinite slumber.

(190)

21 - The only stat worth speedrunning is fastest to 100 PIM while still being a positive contributor to your team. As this is unabashed fact, I will use the rest of my words to teach you to how to make Risotto.

Risotto!

You will need:

Risotto rice (400g is a standard amount for 4 people, adjust accordingly)
White Wine (pick something cheap but with strong flavors)
Chicken Broth (for  400g of rice use about 2 liters)
Butter (1/4 a stick should do nicely)
Spring Onion! (White onion works fine here too), a bundle
Parsley - Just a few sprigs
Parmesan cheese - grate it fresh or don't use it, you've been warned.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) In a stovetop pot (where you're going to be doing all your work), melt half your butter and throw the spring onions (chopped) in. Let these begin to caramelize until brownish.

2) In a separate stovetop pot, bring your chicken stock to a boil. Make sure you have a ladle handy.

3) Add rice to the onion pot, and half your bottle of wine. Stir with a wooden spoon until wine remains almost nonexistent, but the rice is still "damp". If you want more work but more flavor, add the rest of the bottle and repeat. If not, drink the rest of the bottle and move on.

4) Ladle in two to three ladles of chicken broth, then stir until the liquid is almost nonexistent. This is an arduous process, and takes a long time. Hope you've been working those arms.

5) Once all stock is absorbed, grate parmesan into rice, along with remains of butter. Mix until gone, then chop parsley. Add chopped parsley to risotto, and mix again.

6) Serve.

Voila!

(285)

22 - I'm picking myself, the Beeg Yosh, Ty, and HFFO to form a punk rock band. Ty's gonna man keyboards, as his wizardry and fine motor skills will allow us to perform ballads that would make Styx blush. HFFO, lead guitar and backup vocals. The man knows how to shred on the ice, now let's see how he shreds off it. Beeg Yosh, lead singer and bass guitar. Seems odd putting your lead vocalist on the rhythm spot, but Yosh's footwork and balance is so in tune that it's like he's already got a metronome ticking in his head. And then you have me on the drums. I play loud, hard, but keep it moving, and am always pushing the beat up and down the ice. We'd tour all across America, travelling from coast to coast much the same as our good friend Space Ghost. As the years wore on however, we'd eventually get too old to keep going and retire to a farm in Alberta.

(165)

16TPE Total

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 10:13 PM by awils13. Edited 9 times in total.)

Code:

awils

Code:

b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

a. If you look at avg tpe Seattle has the #2 ranked roster while Manhattan is #8 so while tpe isn't everything, that's a significant enough difference and barring very bad luck, Seattle should be able to get it done. Also their GM is a hot and handsome human being who made a number of good trades to put them in this position.
b. When a team makes the finals as a low seeded team, it can be 2 things: either they are a good team that struggled in the regular season or they are an average team that got hot at the right time, in this case it's the latter because no one on Manhattan's roster has a positive corsi.
c. Having played 4 extra games doesn't seem like a big deal but it might make a difference because it's a long hockey season and almost everyone is banged up at this point and playing through some kind of injury, so if this series goes to 6 or 7 games, it can be advantage for Seattle.
d. Anything can happen in a best of 7 series so you don't make it to the finals without either or both strong performance from your goalie and high shooting percentage from your skaters. But the law of averages suggests that it's the team that controls possession better that will come out on top.

Code:

The best team not to win the challenge cup this season, and also the best team that didn't make the playoffs is, of course, the Hamilton Steelhawks. Have you heard the saying less is more? Well, Hamilton has the lowest tpe roster in the league so they obviously should have won the cup. Steelhawks roster was so good that the all time great goalie Walrus Walrus who has a whopping 89 tpe was not actually the starter because there was an even better goalie on the team. So why did Steelhawks failed? No one saw it coming, absolutely no one, and it has no explanation. It certainly wasn't due to inexperience because 2 of the oldest players in the entire league with almost 10 cups between them play for Hamilton. It wasn't due to being too old either, because Hamilton had a good mix of young rising stars and vets. Every hockey expert is baffled and we might never know why Hamilton played so poorly this season.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)

Aaron Wilson isn't the most superstitious player in the league or even on his own team, for example, his teammate NeverBrokeAgain YoungBoy never shows up to practice because of his superstitions which is weird but he's had a long career and won multiple cups as a frankly mediocre player who's mediocre precisely due to lack of practice but I guess that has worked out for him. Anyway, Wilson's superstition is that he doesn't set an alarm on first game day of the season and if they win that first game, he wakes up at the exact same time for the remainder of the season and if they lose, he makes sure to wake up earlier on next game days until the first win, then sets the alarm for the exact time he woke up the day they got their first win of the season. Biggest example of this was when Aaron woke up at 5:12 am on opening day of S58, then he had to wake up at 5:12 am every day of S58 and Hamilton started the season with a 25 win streak that time.

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Round Up (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

This is likely the last iihf tournament for old man Wilson as younger players will take his place next season and I don't have any expectations for my player because he would be like 40 years old in real life, so if he's able not to be a liability as a depth forward, that's good enough. Canada is in a bit of a rebuild phase right now with veteran players like Wilson, Clapper and Barron deep in regression while younger players and prospects are developing. Still, Canada has some superstars in the primes of their careers who will be relied on to carry the team and if the team gets hot at the right time, it might be enough to win or at least medal. I would expect the usual teams to have a strong round robin but then anything can happen in best of 1 and we might see some new teams play for gold.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

A. Kinda hard to pin down one exact change that Seattle made other than just having a complete team around a hot goalie. I think their poised for a dynasty if I'm being honest, I was drafted by Seattle so I know their GM team is more than willing to build from within instead of go for FAs. Their building a winning program in the Emerald City.

B. Manhattan is proof positive that the league is unpredictable and any team can put it all together when the situation calls for it. Manhattan has always been good, just their sandwiched in a tough division. Seattle obviously has the advantage as they've had a harder schedule but regardless I would say Man could be a force during the upcoming season.

C. Having days off helps clear the mind and prepare the body for the longer stretches ahead. I can see the pros and cons of having constant repetition but at the end of the day every player has their limit. I think Man has the stamina and the grit to wear down Seattle but Seattle may have the conditioning edge.

D. Seattle I think has the edge here and its because they build from within as I said before. They know their players strengths and weaknesses because they are around them for a longer period of time. As to what is driving the will to win and be hot? Honestly the Challenge Cup is a natural high.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)

My pitch for the hype song for the playoffs is 'Bury the Light' by Casey Edwards. The reasons why are obvious as soon as you listen to it. It has the heavy rock and bass that helps usher in the hard hitting and fast paced action of SHL Hockey. It has lyrics that underline the sacrifices made by every person who ever strapped on skates to play in the league, who left it all on the ice and came back for more. It also has lyrics that make you want to plant your stick at center ice and loudly proclaim 'This is our house'. Ill be honest, the three times I've heard this song I've wanted to run out and hip check someone to the moon and I can't even skate in real life. The song is an absolute bop and I am surprised it hasn't become someone's goal song or entry onto the ice song.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)

Every Buffalo team or any team that faced off against Hamilton during their cheating years between S50 to S60. Sorry, not sorry. Hamilton gamed the system and acted unethically and blatantly cheated quite a few times. It wasn't anything less than that and that's an opinion that will never change and because of that I refuse to ever play for Hamilton in any capacity or for anyone who was involved with Hamilton during those seasons. Bad luck has nothing to do with people who can sim games for days on days and act unethically then constantly play the victim every time they got caught. Then watching them laugh when other teams got in trouble and laugh at other teams who tried to catch up and laugh at people who got mad at the fact they were getting away with cheating because they knew what they were doing was wrong and unethical.

Anyone who has a problem with what I say, I don't care.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)

I definitely bring a game system or two along for those long road trips because what else are you going to do when the bars close? I try to share a room with Julio during the long trips because I feel like my player can learn a little something from a guy who has been in the league forever. We play PS5, we play Chel of course because who doesn't play chel. I am not the first guy out to the bars because in a hockey city everyone knows who you are and if you're a member of the opposing team its like dangling meat in front of a hungry dog. At home, its hard to escape the autograph hounds, or the boo birds if you're doing poorly. Usually I just hang back and see where the night takes me, whether or not thats swimming in the hotel pool or down for a drink or two at a local dive bar.

Quote:20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Leek (150 words min.)

So I kinda had to google for this one because while I know what a Leek is and what they look like kinda, I have never knowingly consumed or bought one to consume before. By the look of a Leek, their supposed to look supple and green and delicious I suppose. So obviously any Leek that has wilted leaves or a misshapen bulb is out of the running automatically. Now according to Google, a Leek has a taste like a shallot or like garlic and I love both of those things so it the taste has to be the right kind of bitter yet pleasant. Sort of like that garlic you pick up at a roadside stand from that cute girl for a dollar and fifty cents more than the store charges but oh my god it tastes so good you'll never eat store bought garlic again. That taste. Also should probably have a nice smell, earthy but not a 'why the hell is this rotten leek still here' kind of smell.

Milestones: I got a Zero, what the heck is that