PBE Affiliate PT

Milestones

PBE affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

1. Milestones
+2 TPE - Milestones

4: Movable Spotlights
Sean Davies is most excited to watch Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson perform out there. How can one not be excited to watch the SHL leader in points play. Lias was joint leading scorer with 60 goals tying Evil AllBran, but also finished 2nd in assists with 69 (nice) just 5 shy of leader Mikko Rashford. A phenomenal skater and elite talent on both ends of the ice, Lias is definitely one of the faces of the SHL, and while Davies is no stranger to their highlights (probably ending up on the wrong end of some of them in the past) getting a chance to watch them play without any pressure is sure to be a spectacle. He can’t wait to see all the tricks and skill they pull off on route to one of their elite snips top corner. let him grab a hotdog, a soda, and a few of his teammates and let the games begin!

5. Last man in
Obviously the best choice for last man in is my fellow New England teammate Petr Svoboda. Svoboda is an absolute wagon on offense, dicing up opposing defenses at will. He has been a huge player for us, and he definitely deserves the nod. Joining him in the east is defensemen Ben Der. Bold to assume Ben can still walk after the prodigious amount of shots he blocked for a poor Toronto team, but glad to see their selflessness and grit being rewarded with an ASG nod. In the west, it’s a pair of Edmonton players getting the call. Interesting to see both players coming from the same team, but both are very deserving. On the offensive side, Luke Laruque was a formidable 2-way forward for the Blizzard top line, while defensively Luca Hunziker was a selfless shot blocker with a knack for moving the puck and racking up assists. Both players played a key role in Edmonton’s success this season, and both are deserving of the honor. Congrats to all!

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2023, 02:31 AM by chetib. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

Milestone claim 2 TPE

3. Written, 3 TPE, And Now, For the Main Event (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)

Alright let's face it whichever Barracuda players have been selected for the all star game are going to absolutely kill it. Skills? Unmatched! Power? Like a god damn stallion! Speed? You talking about my friend Flash over here?

Hold on? You're telling me there is no members of Tampa Bay present at the All star game? That's absolutely preposterous! Mark my words that it will not be long when all those  Philadelphia and Atlanta players are getting replaced by Cudas. In fact I am going to go on the record right now and predict within 5 seasons it will be a Water dog white out.

I will accept this snub for this season but I fully expect that once we hit our stride and our young players start to really crush it that it will be raining praise and awards down for my brother's in arms. Hold Strong Barracudas our time is coming soon!

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Which of your teammates (not yourself!) should be the last man in for your conference? Why should they get in, and why will it be a literal crime if they dont?

While I would truly love to be honoured to be selected for the All Star game there are so many worthy options. Now before you get too far down the whole "but Tib you haven't played a game in the SHL yet how could you possibly think you stand a chance?". Well just like a lot of my Tampa team mates we area young team who will be coming into our prime close to one another. I think these like minded players are all going to get a strong shot at competing for an All star spot.

It's hard to predict which player will stand out above the rest. The All star game celebrates individual success as opposed to team success. Unless your a goalie. Like a certain writer I know. Anyway we are looking way to the future but the future is bright and I don't think it will be long before those Cuda players start showing their worth.

8/8 total tpe

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

GM Pass

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2023, 12:16 AM by Count Chocula. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

Milestones 3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I would much rather have Evil AllBran on my team. He is a Newfoundland alumni and I never had the chance to play with him. He seems like a phenomenal player who can carry a team. But he is also one frightening person and I would hate to have to play against him honestly.

b. Borje Samuelsson will be the better player to have on a team for the All Star Game. The event is mostly about offensive and scoring. No one really cares about defense. So he's the obvious choice. If this were a real game or for my own team though, I'd take Adelie De Pengu every day of the week.
Code:

Which of your teammates (not yourself!) should be the last man in for your conference? Why should they get in, and why will it be a literal crime if they dont?

Erik Erikson deserves to be the last player in for SMJHL All Star Team. He lead all Berserkers in goals with 49, which was the fifth most in the entire league. He also has a 19% shooting rate which is incredible and also puts him in the top 10 for the entire league. The only reason he didn't get more points is because he doesn't pass very much, but why should he when he's putting pucks in the net on every 5 shots he takes. He also finished third in shorthanded goals with 5. So he is also a good defensive forward and reliable on the penalty kill. It is a travesty that he wasn't included in the main roster of players announced for the all star game. I can't imagine an accuracy competition without Erikson participating in it. Not only that but he would probably do well as a hardest shot competitor as well.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

+1 TPE - Milestones

[Image: byTaUkC.png]

S71 Milestones

[Image: sobchak.png]

1. +SMJHL TPE - Milestones
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2023, 07:05 PM by hewasajazzman. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones

(3 TPE)

the Carolina Kraken were lucky enough to have three players named to the All-Star team. While the future SHL stars Johnny Wagner-Svenson and Timo Lambert absolutely deserved the nod… i want to focus on our defensive selection, Westley Kirkpatrick. first and foremost, the thing that makes this feat all the more impressive for Westley is that he is a rookie. he lead all rookie defenseman in points, goals, and shots while also coming in 3rd in assists and 6th in shots blocked. when compared to the rest of the s72 draft class, its easy to see that Westley is bound to be a big name in the SMJHL… but how does he compare to the rest of the league? well a top 10 finish in points, goals, assist, and shots across all defenseman shows that Kirkpatrick is already playing at a high tier calibur after just his first season in the league. i believe he was a great pick for the All-Star team and should be a huge help on the back end using his offensive prowess.

[177 words] (3 TPE)

looking at who made the All-Star roster for the Carolina Kraken i think you could easily say that FITTED PRIMETIME99CUDDLES would be a good pick for last man in. FITTED finished 3rd on the team in points with 84… just 3 points behind one of our All-Star picks, Timo Lambert. he more than made up for those 3 points with his defensive game, amassing 27 shot blocks and 136 hits. he was also a decently clutch player, being tied for the 3rd most game winning goals on the team. although real life All-Star games are usually less physical, i dont think our players know what that means. i think a player like PRIMETIME99CUDDLES would be a great addition to the All-Star team with his offensive talent and splash of grit. he could open up lanes for his other skilled teammates and muscle his way to the front of the net to pick up any loose rebounds and bury them. for these reasons i would consider FITTED PRIMETIME99CUDDLES to be next in line for an All-Star nod when it comes to players on the Carolina Kraken.

[185 words] (3 TPE)

(8+ TPE)

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?
i love evil allbran with a passion. i had the pleasure of playing with EAB in philadelphia back in the day and he's just a wonderful human being who also happens to be talented at putting the biscuit in the basket. give me the nicest person in the league who can also score over a glorified body part any day of the goshdarn week. EAB all the way baby.
b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?
borje samuelsson. reason 1: he is a swedish defenseman named borje. reason 2: being good at defense is good and all but he outscored de pengu by nearly thirty points while playing the same number of games. erik karlsson won the norris despite a putrid plus minus because he was just incredibly good and that is what samuelsson was. give me a defenseman who can reliably score over a defenseman who can decently score but can defend better any day of the week.
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?
the east. i play in the east which makes it pretty obvious but also the east has a goaltender whose name is, and i shit you not, brick wall. they have a literal brick wall (not a figurative or metaphorical one) between the pipes for them. the east's tandem should legitimately be impenetrable because of this and if not i will totally be proven wrong but the east has a much better tandem with brick wall involved.
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)
i should have made the all star game. that way i would have gotten milestone tpe which would have made this fucking stupid task less of a slog and much more easier. i also am good at being good at third line things and i can chirp good so they should have picked me. my feelings are hurt.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

PT Pass (Simmer)

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

milestones
+3 TPE

2a. I chose evil allbran for my fantasy team, and he is the only one who has that real winners mentality, and by that, I mean he has brought the forge to a cup and elias FRAUDholm-gunnarson has done nothing but choke in the playoffs, so I would absolutely take allbran because I know he can carry my bum of a player to a cup
[64 words]+ 1 TPE

2c.
Considering that the east has the 1 and 2 goalies in GSAA, and the west has 3 and 4, the east just has significantly better goaltending, but the real problem is neither all star team has grzergorz brzeczyczykiewicz, who is the standalone best goalie in the SHL, with no contention here, but the east narrowly wins the mid-off going on here
[61 words]+ 1 TPE

I technically didn't play for LAP this season, but I am getting called up now, and I'm gonna say that it would be criminal if Yannick Svoboda doesn't get into the all star game. Last season, he was 19th in fantasy points, and he was on a team that struggled last season, not only that, he was a standalone player on the team, leading the panthers in Points, Goals, Assists, and Hits, which is a super impressive total, and demonstrates how much he deserves to get into the allstar game, not only that, he led the league in hits, and was 7th in the league in shots. He had an allstar worthy season, and I am shocked he wasn't voted in initially, all respect due to pass forfeit, but svoboda having sucha big season, and being such a big part of why LAP even made the playoffs at all is such an impressive season feat where he most definitely deserves a spot in the ASG
[165 words] 3 TPE

1 + 2a + 2c + 5 
8 TPE total

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)

Representing the Chicago Syndicate at the all star game, the one i am most excited to watch is Adelie De Pengu. Jonas has had plenty of experience of being at the all star games over the years and now that he is in the twilight of his career, he very much enjoys seeing his other hard working teammates be able to get the same recognition that he got, and especially when it is very well deserved such as the situation with Pengu. Adelie had a very very good campaign this season and was without a doubt one of the best defenders in the league all around. He may not have had the offensive stats that some of the other defencemen had but he more than made up for it in other areas of his game, and Joans would know, being his defence partner for the entire season, he was able to see it first hand, and now at the all star game other people will be able to see it on a greater strange and hopefully have the same appreciation for Pengu that Joans and his teammates had.

a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?

This is a difficult one. Lias Ekholm Gunnarsson is probably the more premier player, a bit younger and arriving on the scene now with stellar offensive numbers. I think i would rather have them on the team due to that fact since they are just now reaching their prime and will have a few more seasons of this kind of production left, I don't know if we can say the same for everyones favourite cereal box.

b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?

Borje Samuelsson had a crazy good season for a defencemen offensively. I believe that might be the best statline we have seen from a defencemen in SHL history now? Really impressive stuff there. I think he will have the opportunity in the all star game to really flaunt his offensive prowess. Adelie showed that he can also put up major points and still be a stellar defensive dman. I think he will be able to prove to people that he is also a great offensive phenom.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2023, 10:20 AM by thiefofcheese. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

MILESTONES LINK

Milestones

+3 TPE

Code:

Gonna go with LEG on this one.  WIN keeps getting the shaft when it comes to cups so lets try to get them on my team.  Plus LEG is also an S63 draftee so it would be cool to pair up a bit.  Not saying that Allbran is not awesome (they are), but you are making me pick here.

+1 TPE

Code:
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?

I'm going to have to go with the East on this one and not because I am a homer and on the East team. Fanto and Wall are really great goalies and have shown their ability to keep pucks out of the net again and again. I do not think the West will have a chance in this game.

+1 TPE

Code:

New England had a ton of players that made the All Star game this year, which is quite awesome. 3 F's (Ivan Lacksamus, Makrus "The Tater" Jager, and Petr Svoboda who was a Last Player In) and 2 D's (Borje Samuelsson and Sven Svechnikov) so we can put up a full line by ourselves. Just short a G from having only NEW players on the ice. I do not think there is one specific standout here, but really it just goes to show how deep our team is all over the ice. I will say I was very happy to see that Petr made it in via the last player in because he really has shown up again and again for us and deserves to be in the All Star game. As always, the All Stars are the people that tend to stand out, but the whole NEW team is really great and I am lucky to be a part of it.

+3 TPE

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King