Create Account

S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png

I don't think in this era of tpe and financial inflation in the SHL, you could ever get away with injuries. People's expectations are for the league to be constantly rewarding them and to never be challenging or troublesome. Adversity in the SHL just wouldn't fly

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Turning injuries on would be awesome and something I've wanted for forever. Let an entire high TPE team lose the whole season because 3 players broke their legs. Let it happen, cowards.

Code:
32 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Definitely keep them off. If it's anything like the NHL video game your player will almost certainly suffer an injury, and not just a small one, but multiple weeks to months. I guess it could shake things up standings and points wise, but you'll definitely get a few angry people.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I mean if you turned injuries on that means players would need to have back ups that they could call up, if there are no injuries then those back ups just waste the season doing nothing. Doesn't seem like it would be much fun.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

I actually think turning injuries on would be cool for storylines and media, but I think there should definitely be a way to make up for the lost games (PT pass probably). For me a lot of the time I find trouble finding stuff to write media about but I think injuries would definitely make it easier for everyone to write more storylines about players and it would just be an interesting element to see play out over a simulation. I'm not sure if it's just an on/off switch or if there's a spectrum of sorts but if there's a spectrum I'd definitely keep it on the lower end

[Image: sig-orwell.png]

[Image: LeBr8Bk.png]
thank you to sulo and enigmatic for the sigs!  Knights

I would enjoy seeing injuries to an extent. Only season ending would suck for people who lost a whole season would really suck. The injuries would be cool for storylines for media and PTs.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Although luck based, I think it could be fun as long as season long injuries are somehow disabled. Could add some crazy variance to seasons and perhaps create a more fluid call up and send down system. Imagine being in the J and your shl team has too many injuries so they need to call you up midseason?

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Injuries would be wonderful because it would give players more things to invest in TPE wise and would change lines and strategies immensely. But it would probably cause a lot of rage so I don't know if it's a good idea for everyone.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

I'm already injured enough in real life as it is already, isn't the point of a fantasy game to escape from the crushing reality of my lack of durability.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

I would be pissed to work hard with my career and then get injured in the prime of it. With the "randomness" of injuries, I just can't see how it would be justified or fair.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

I think over the course of every person's sim league career, they wonder, "what if injuries were turned on?" Well, let me just say, it would be madly chaotic and extraordinarily funny. I motion to turn them on just for one season as a test run.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

There are two good reasons for turning fighting on. First there is a new tactic of going after star players which would open up people to create actual goons again. Second we could allow users to create a call up character using, let's say, 75% of their total TPE. You could experiment with a new build or create something to fill in the gaps that are left in your line up.
(72)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

It's horrible cause the season will be horrible and scoring might become lower if enough players get injured, a,so it would be sad to see if one of the top scores got injured

[Image: img]

Depends. Would definitely suck if you were injured all the time. Realism would be cool, but at the end of the day, turning them off is for best. I think it would have more negative than positive effects.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 08:42 AM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

The sim is already random, enabing injuries without an attribute to increase durability would just throw everything into chaos! That 1st round fantasy pick? Stubbed his toe and out for the season. That does sound a little interesting...

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]