Create Account

S67 PT #1: Media Mogul Due: September 25th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

HOCKEY PROMPT

I'm from Quebec, so obviously all local hockey coverage is dedicated to the Montreal Canadiens. I have to say I absolutely despise all the "hockey writers" we have. Either they're old people trying to convince casual fans that we're going to win the Stanley Cup with our superb team, or they're always targeting players to the point where some people can't even think about playing in Montreal due to the constant media pressure. Hell, even Jo Drouin had to take almost a year off after he ridiculed for bad performances by the hockey pundits. Every week they have a new victim they decide to shit on until someone makes a bad play. They're even trash talking Carey Price because he's injured. I even read some articles ridiculing him after he entered the substance program. I'd like them to cover the team differently. Enough with the constant negativity, let's talk about the positive. We have some good young players now that they'll probably try to bury after every small mistake. Let's not kill their moral, just let them play and cover the team normally please.

184 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Quote:Written Task: These days Twitter takeovers and appearing on Tik Tok just seems to be a part of the job when it comes to being a professional hockey player. So how does your player handle this? When it's their turn to show up on the team Youtube, are they excited for it? Are you the type to be coming up with fun ideas for content and goofing around with the social media team? Or maybe you go to increasingly insane lengths to not appear on camera? Is this a welcome part of the job, or just something you have to do? (150+ words)

Like most Scandanavian players, Kettu isn't too upbeat when it comes to appearing on social media. He doesn't shy away from it or turn it down though, but his dry sense of humor is not as much of a hit with the Kraken and Panther faithful as other more outgoing members of the respective teams. The fans don't seem to mind too much, Kettu is a strong player in the Panther pipeline and one of the SMJHL's best centers, so the fans always love it when Kettu takes over social media for a day. He tries to give the best advice he can for aspiring hockey players, but most fans just tune in to see his interactions with their favorite social media player: Pass Forfeit. Forfeit truly carries the social media game for Kettu. The friendly banter back and forth between the two is the most the fans seem to get out of Kettu in terms of seeing his true self.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Player prompt:

So these days all the kids on every professional or even semi professional team in the national hockey league, the simulation hockey league, the NOSHO, the AHL, the ECHL,. Etc. They all want players to help promote the teams brand and in a symbiotic relationship, the players brand. However, there are some players, like Igor victory of the Philly forge in the simulation hockey league, who have no desire to further their brand. Theyve been around long enough, and had enough mishaps (looking at you jock straps of the late 50s), that it doesn't mean anything to them. But because they need to be there for the team and have to take one for the team, they can't do what they normally do in their Finnish ways and hide. So, Igor Victory has made it clear that he will take part in exactly one video per season and it has to be quality and not a throwaway snapchap video. GM knows this, Coach knows it, even the owner knows it. So when preseason hits and they need to start filming spots, they make sure they get it right for him. Good thing this is all in his contract.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Kinsinger loves showing up on the team's YouTube and twitter and such. Kinsinger has always had a love for the world of online gaming, and doing his own offseason and downtime live streaming, he's more than familiar with being on camera, and playing up to the current trends and shenanigans to get a laugh. Being part of the team's social media is just par for the course for the Dane, as he loves the idea of pushing the brand forward and making the Winnipeg Aurora a fan favourite. If off ice fan and non fan opinions could influence the on ice performance, well you'd certainly say that approach has worked for the Aurora so far this season, as they are off to a hot start and Kinsinger is loving the reception the team is getting to their social media games. It's just one more thing to love about playing hockey for Winnipeg for Kinsinger.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

PBE PT

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Jonathon Hagan of the Montreal Patriotes does not enjoy it when he has to do his required media appearances. There are several reasons that he does not enjoy making these appearances, especially forced as they are, and some of the reasons for his lack of enjoyment are as follows: first, Hagan does not like being told what to do by literally anybody, so the fact that he is told that he has to appear for the media annoys him already. Second, the media events that he has to do are typically events that are incredibly boring, like press conferences, or pre and post game interviews. These boring things also feature his third dislike for media - the stupid questions that reporters ask after every game or after any semi-controversial occurrence during the season. Last, but certainly not the least, and possible the most important, is it cuts into Hagan's time for drinking and partying when he is not playing

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

I think hockey media is a little bland honestly if i am keeping it a buck. There is a mix between all different types but they all come out either boring or contrived to me. Old school hockey media is just kind of ridiculous and senile and they like dont like anything but gigantic dudes who are bad at hockey who hit good. Then theres the advanced stats guys who think hockey is somehow baseball but hey guys there is literally ice on the floor and the puck is shaped like a oblong disc folks too much randomness to quantify that stuff lol. Then there is the twitter users who think that they are like the NBA twitter users (funny) but in reality they are hockey twitter users (kind of weird). I think that kind of covers it honestly maybe some cool guys will spring up and make their own hockey pogchamp edition media and everyone will love it a ton.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Player prompt - graphic task

pictured below is Kezia Mackenzie participating in team media day for the Elk with teammate Angry Gilmore!!

[Image: kezia-pt.png]

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

I am the one out here posting things on twitter and tiktok. I break my own deals. I do not even have an agent, I just post on social media that I am looking for a change, or that I am heading to free agency, and I negotiate my own deals. I may be a boomer in terms of player age, as I am one of the oldest in the league, one of the last S46ers left. Over 20 seasons played, over 1000 points. I am the media mogul. I make the terms, I generate content, you hoes need me on your team, and if I am no longer on your team, you fucking wish I was because like I said earlier, One sentence earlier in fact, I Dick Clapper, the zoomer boomer, am the media mogul of the league. Despite forgetting to post on twitter every week, and only tweeting once a week with one reply, I am the media mogul.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Written Task: Do you enjoy the kind of hockey media you see out in the world? If so, why? Who are some of your favourite writers? What are some of your favourite types of content? If you don't enjoy or engage with hockey media, why not? What kind of things are missing for you? If you could start your own hockey media empire, what would you like to do differently? (150+ words)

I would start with TikTok as that is the biggest social media market for young people and I think having the game and getting it to be engaging with the next generation, will help grow the game to levels that are. I think it's an area that hockey media could look into especially with the shl. |I think its an untapped market and somewhere that I think we can base our recruitment drives on and make sure that our draft classes are getting stronger so the league can try and get more growth in the future. I think writers aren't going to be a big part of the hockey media empire for the simulation hockey league but i would try and make articles that are based on advanced stats. I think those articles could be cool and we have a lot of people would interested in that as simulated hockey league tends to attracts nerds

[Image: hallsy.png]

Code:
Written Task:  These days Twitter takeovers and appearing on Tik Tok just seems to be a part of the job when it comes to being a professional hockey player. So how does your player handle this? When it's their turn to show up on the team Youtube, are they excited for it? Are you the type to be coming up with fun ideas for content and goofing around with the social media team? Or maybe you go to increasingly insane lengths to not appear on camera? Is this a welcome part of the job, or just something you have to do? (150+ words)

Pablo Salvatici of the Inferno hockey franchise of the Simulation Hockey League variety that resides in the great city of Atlanta is always raring to get on camera and show off. The man is a party monster and hip with the kids (he's a zoomer) so he's always on tiktok trying to help the team blow up. In fact he's the one that runs the account, despite the interns that try and protest otherwise. He basically just steals the login and goes around making videos and getting in his teammate's faces trying to get them viral. In fact Pablo has gotten in trouble with his GM for trying to film tiktoks during practice which resulted in an hour long shouting match between the two. In the end Pablo did concede that he wouldn't do that anymore but the videos that he did post were really popular with the fans and they have been demanding more of them so Pablo is preparing to be mic'd up for every practice from now on to create content. This is such a welcome part of the job that Pablo doesn't even realize he's in a content creating mood sometimes, he simply just does it without thinking.

202 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

[Image: YTvmB14.png]

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

The hockey media is always a great way to get the latest up to date information on the latest happenings in the SHL. Preferably, I would like the social media aspects and Reddit community as they show the dedicated fans and the casual fans all in one place. The Reddit community in particular can get a little toxic and gatekeepy; however, I believe it is those outlets where fans can get digestible content in a quick and easy manner. With that said, there is definitely a time and place for well curated and long form media as it is those articles and investigation work which builds the framework for the quick form content. In addition to this, I also enjoy the podcast with information for commutes. I definitely think that hockey in general needs to step up their official social media game to garner the interest of the new generation and to show players in a more fun light.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Ricky Koivu is famously media shy, so when it comes to appearances on Philadelphia social media, he never really likes to make physical appearances on either his, or the team's social media accounts. As a way of leaning into the joke, Philadelphia have made social media gags where one of Ricky's brothers would appear posing as Ricky, being very boring and quiet in the videos. Paul Koivu was the first to appear in a Philly video, claiming to be Ricky for a skills competition video where he purposefully placed very low due to Ricky's lack of offensive prowess. In another video, Jolmi Koivu impersonated Ricky in a target shooting competition on the team's YouTube channel, and was extremely effective in it, scoring most of his shots. Ricky, being offended by that, appeared in a shooting competition video against Jolmi afterwards, where Jolmi smoked Ricky and proved Ricky to be foolish in challenging him at all. (159 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Written Task: These days Twitter takeovers and appearing on Tik Tok just seems to be a part of the job when it comes to being a professional hockey player. So how does your player handle this? When it's their turn to show up on the team Youtube, are they excited for it? Are you the type to be coming up with fun ideas for content and goofing around with the social media team? Or maybe you go to increasingly insane lengths to not appear on camera? Is this a welcome part of the job, or just something you have to do? (150+ words)

Paul Koivu is not normally a social media guy, but in his last contract, he seemed to have missed the part where the New England Wolfpack now forced him to do some sort of social media presence, so now he legally has to start playing in the social media. At first, Paul just made a twitter, where he would sometimes show his day to day, which seems to actually interest some people, but then the New England Wolfpack said that it was not enough, they needed more social media presence from him to reach a bigger audience and market himself more, especially to younger people to motivate them to play hockey and watch the wolfpack. So Paul was forced to make a tiktok account, and he got a friend that is super familiar with the platform to help him and take advantage of all the current trends. It worked very well, in a few tiktoks and Paul was now a top tiktoker, the best in the simulation hockey league

169 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]