Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

WSBL Affiliate - Sebster

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

The Season 6 showdown of the expansion teams. Back then, STHS was a pretty fun sim engine, because randomness was aplenty and parity was high. The same teams didn't dominate a 10 season span causing the meta of the league to be going to two franchises increasing chances of winning a Cup like the dark ages now.

In Season 6, Minnesota Chiefs had just come off the worst record in SHL history to date. The Los Angeles Panthers weren't as bad the previous season, but were also a new expansion team. Using his connections, Deener was able to bring on some big names to his team in free agency, creating a big of a super team. Minnesota was able to pivot, draft Zach Miller, Zach Myers, and trade for Brandon Sawyer which helped massively. Thus both teams were able to claw their way as incredible underdogs into the finals.

The series ended with Minnesota being defeated in 7 games, and it was the most crushing time on the site, since our emotions were at a high due to being cinderella stories. I'll never forget that season as my fave

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I think my fattest L on this site has probably been when I came into my rookie season hyping myself up and expecting my player to become the next Lidstrom, only to drop a fat 9 points throughout the entire season. I was incredibly excited to be called up early by ML in order to play for the Toronto North Stars (Yes, I played for the North Stars once upon a time). As a result of Toronto not having many great earners at the time and the team being in a really awful state as they were rebuilding, I entered the roster as the 2nd highest TPE defenseman and I thought there was a lot of potential for me as the rookie of the year and potentially even being relevant in fantasy. As the coach at the time I figured there was a chance I could also juice my player up a bit (As long as it didnt affect team success of course) but that all fell apart when I saw my stats at the end of the season.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

my biggest L on the simulation hockey league site is from when I, simulation hockey leaguer user flappy giraffe, lost in the finals of the simulation hockey league season forty three simulation hockey league cup finals for the prestigious simulation hockey league trophy that is called the challenge cup. It was my first simulation hockey league season as the general manager for the simulation hockey league franchise called the winnipeg jets, who were a simulation hockey league franchise that played in the simulation hockey league western conference. The simulation hockey league team called the winnipeg jets lost to the eastern conference finalists in the simulation hockey league for the forty third season of the simulation hockey league who of course were known back then as the simulation hockey league franchise known as the west kendall platoon, who were a simulationk hockey league franchise that played in the eastern conference and was quite a good team. It was disappointed to lose in the finals since it was my first season in charge and I wanted to win pretty bad, even worse is that we got swept. It's alright though cause we got revenge in season 44 and beat WKP in the finals for our own cup

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

One of my first L's on the site was with the early beginnings of David Vent. I had such a horrible build with puck handling as a weakness while being a dman. I did not know what anything meant or how to really do anything. With that being said I didn't really ever ask for help because I didn't really know anyone at the time. I was basically inactive with Vent and it took about 2 seasons before JayWhy really helped me develop Vent and turn the player around. Without Jay Why's help Vent would of probably gone inactive and I would of probably just left the league because I did not understand it at the time. Also almost getting traded like 3 times was a L for me cause it meant my player sucked and people needed to clear room for more important things than my player.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 09:38 PM by grok.)

prompt 2

i have spent a lot of time reflecting on my brief tenure as smjhl commissioner. i definitely fucked up a few things. i think mcp was a good candidate during vancouver gm selection but still am haunted by not giving other internal candidates enough of a chance. i think i have become better for my time and my mistakes, but taking commissionership fully ruined my relationship with the site. i came back over covid to give myself a fleeting escape from the hellscape around me and, as time has advanced and my social life has been renewed, i find that all the things i hated about the site are still as toxic and stupid as they always were. i find myself here by obligation to the few people on the site i consider legitimate friends and the promises i made to them, but in the meantime i am counting down every single day separating me from finally quitting this game.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 09:44 PM by Huck24.)

Prompt 1

A tough loss sucks. No two ways about. But a loss is just that, a loss. You have to leave it behind yourself as soon as you leave the rink. For us older guys, losing isn’t something new. Big losses can make a players career, for the good or the bad. This loss, to the HoFs, isn’t the end. It’s a building block. We know how good we have to play if we want to win it all, that’s a good thing for us Vets, knowledge is power and so have no doubt we will be back on top in no time. Some teams / players will watch tapes of this loss over and over again. Not Lyle Odelein and most of his veteran teammates. They know the HoFs will be making their own adjustments as well. They will be remembering the speed of their opponents, the accuracy of their passes not the plays they used to beat them with. They will be more than ready next time, will the HoFs be?

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid540707

Prompt 2
I think the first L that really shaped my players was the first lost playoff series in Detroit. It had been basically a perfect season up until that point. I ended up winning Rookie of the Year with a solid season, our team dominated the regular season and finished on top, and we felt as though we were favorites to win the Four Star Cup. Then Simon takes over. After we crushed our first series against the Berserkers, we are matched up against our rivals, the St Louis Scarecrows in the semi finals. And we are beaten down. The series was a bloodbath, and I felt I barely contributed. After having great point production in the regular season, I fail to score even a single goal in the playoffs. Heartbreak. Then of course the Scarecrows go on to lose in the final. But I know if we got there we would have won it all... I thought my first season was going to be special. But that's when I realized you aren't given trophies, you earn them.

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

One significant L in my career was in the playoffs of the first season of FHM, season 53. New England had just come from a President's Trophy winning regular season and we had just hit our window of contention that we'd been building for. We lost to Hamilton in Round 2 after a bye I believe. Hamilton then went on to win the cup. It hurts to lose so early in the rounds because even if we had runner-up potential it was squandered by an early encounter with the cup winners. What stung even more was that a majority of our core decided to move on from the team. What was the beginning of our window of contention became the peak contention potential of my career. Slap decided to stick around with New England during the rebuild and fairly soon found himself to be the senior member of the team. The way things are going, it appears Slap will be retiring just before New England starts contending again. That playoff loss set up Slap's career as the veteran star of a young team whose peak helped the Wolfpack not be dead last but whose age will force a retirement before having a good chance at the cup. It made him the ultimate team player for the future of the franchise.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Being part of this site for as long as you do you get to enjoy so many ups and downs in the sim and especially if you remember the old sim engine. My time with the Calgary Dragons was one of the greatest moments I've ever had on the site and my player of Bernik Vrzala was quite well loved. What was not quite well loved was the following the cup run that the dragons went on. Shortly after we switched engines because some people dont want us to have nice things and the playoff losing streak that the dragons went on in the first round was just the most heartbreaking thing as the dragons really put in so much love and effort into that team and locker room and to see their effort returned in the way of heartbreaking losses it was just painful. I felt so bad for the sites veterans who mentored me through my first character trying everything they could think of after several attempts and different combos will never leave my memory

[Image: Off.gif]

Prompt 2:

The biggest L's of my career have probably been staying on teams that I didn't enjoy being on for longer than I should. Especially early on, I tried to stick through not liking being on a team or not liking a person. I just tried to carry on and pretend I didn't have any issues. It just ended up chipping away at me until I finally cracked and would get extremely toxic. After being toxic, I realized it's just easier to ask for a trade and disassociate from the team until I was moved to somewhere where I might be a better fit. Was it healthy at the time? Not at all, if I could go through again I would be much more vocal with my GM about my unhappiness and desire to be moved. It might have saved me from going inactive a few times, or making people feel bad because I was being such an ass

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

pt pass

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]