Create Account

S62 Championship Week

Code:
Quote:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Tex Tex Tex
Code:
Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour
Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site. Here's a link to the ring site: https://designer.trophysmack.com/productdesigner/index/index/id/97/template/MTUz/cid/MzMwMDA2MzU2Mjk2Mjk=
[Image: DbdPvH7.png]

Code:
Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Nashville moment
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: m06jHRU.png]
Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE
Code:
Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. What is worth more to you, a cup win in the FHM era or the STHS era?
b. Be honest, would we have seen the same final 4 as last year (Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) had BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round?
c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise?
d. Who is the best player to NOT make the final in the past 2 years?

a. I depends on the team, but for anyone other than Hamilton i think a Cup win in the FHM era is worth more since you have to build a power house of a team to win it, you cant just get a few lucky sims to be in the running, FHM pulls no punches if your team is not in the top tier of teams
b. No, the final 4 would 98% be the ever present GL+T or Buffalo Hamilton Chicago Texas. maybe Baltimore or Tampa could have gotten past Buffalo who looked a bit weaker, but i think these 4 teams still top the SHL though like i said some other teams have definitely closed the gap, and i hope its a closer fight in the future even if it lowers our odds of winning

Code:
Code:
17. Graphic, 3 TPE, Clairvoyant
You have been granted the gift of seeing the future, but only a single future cup winner. Relay us with this info in the form of a cup banner for the winning team. Make sure to include the season they won, you can make up some player names if it's far out in the future. Have fun with it! It could be your team if you want, with you as the star! We won't know if you're lying until SXX anyway.

[Image: IYXloQO.png]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 09:50 PM by honkerrs.)

1) bonk +3 tpe

12) https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3152639 +3 tpe

+6 tpe

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE, GM stands for Great Man (150 words min.)
There have been some good and some bad GMs in SHL history. (Mostly bad) Pick a GM you think was outstanding and explain why you think they were one of the better GMs in SHL history. Point to trades/signings/trophy wins/locker rooms to support your claim.

So this is where I point to Finn/Tomen as the best GM's in the league now and forever. Aside from being just great people who I love and care deeply about for what they have done for me personally they are also the premier in drafting, training, retaining and most of all winning. Buffalo has been a team in the league a long time but it wasn't until their take over that it became a powerhouse in its division. It's won cups in the STHS and FHM years, its gotten to the finals or deep into the playoffs. Their drafting and scouting prowess brought them the best goalie in the world in Elizabeth Doyle. A surefire hall of famer in Cass Darrow, not to mention their effect on the supporting players like my former player Vanderberg by utilizing them and playing within their strengths to secure a victory.

Finn and Tomen deserve to have the GM award renamed for them at this point.

Quote:6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. Be honest, would we have seen the same final 4 as last year (Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) had BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round?
c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise?

A. I've won cups in both eras and I would say the STHS cups are definitely worth more than the FHM cups. With the FHM cups, you have more people working and exploiting the system because their able to spend hundreds of thousands of man hours perfecting a strategy. With STHS, there was more thought, more of a "chess game" so to speak. The prestige was spread out rather than concentrated within a small sect.

B. It's really hard to say yes to this without it becoming another tangent on parity. So, because of the ongoing parity issue, yes, I think had those four teams not met each other in the finals that we would have the same finals as we have been. I honestly see no reason to keep beating the dead horse when it comes to parity so this is the answer you get.

C. Part of me says I want another midwest team. Another part of me is like bruh, we need a Southeast team. Honestly I could see Hamilton relocating to Tennessee or North Carolina or maybe even Virginia. Or D.C. Something to give Philly fans something to hate just like real life. But not New Jersey. Not even Hamilton deserves that.

D. For me its another homer pick and that pick is Cass Darrow, the heart and soul of the Argonauts. He's an all around great defenseman and a team leader. Honestly he is like Adam Oates. Oates was a centerman and Cass is a D man but still he uses his body to great acclaim and he can score and assist and block shots while providing a strong leadership and mentoring to junior players.

Quote:11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Was it an exciting final, or predictable? Is one team the clear winner?

So I'll be honest, I don't even know who won the finals. I was kind of hoping that [team] would have been replaced by the actual team that won so I could spend a minute trying to figure out why they deserved to win. So here you go, if Hamilton won, its just more of the same. I wish I had 2000 hours to spend going over FHM to win. If Texas won, then I am happy to see them slay the giants of Hamilton and I wish them nothing but success going forward. Was there a clear winner? Well obviously yes, the team that won is clearly the winner. Cmon now.

Quote:12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Davenport +2 TPE Milestones

Quote:13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
hahahahahaha remember this task from last season? The one where everyone was like "nah we're good, tampa and BAP will be in the finals soon and you'll see that the old guard will make way for the new young teams". Now that we have the exact same fucking teams in the final again, let me ask, is parity an issue in the SHL? How do we combat this?

I am assuming the person who wrote this meant "parody" in a cynical and sarcastic way. Yes, it should be very clear now that there is a serious issue with parity in the league. It started once the league transitioned from STHS to FHM. I firmly believe at this point the people who loudly clamored for FHM did so because they knew how to exploit and game that system because with the exception of Buffalo we've seen that unless you spend 2000+ hours a month digging into the guts of FHM and hire a developer to find exploits its going to be the same exact teams time after time. With regards to how to fix it? Well honestly I couldn't tell you. It's impossible to play the player you want now, there's no policy which locks a GM into their team for a set time so you're seeing newly hired GMs bail for greener pastures the next season like Belichick and the Jets/Patriots and the response from HO seems to be just let X work on it, he's been HO 900 times in the past with absolutely no changes but I have a good feeling about time 901.

Quote:15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

I am expecting good things for Team GB but I am disappointed that once again I won't be on the team. You've asked me to be bold so here it is, I expect GB and Ireland to go 1st and 2nd with a battle between the US and Finns for 3rd. Ireland has been angling for a comeback and I think in the next few seasons they could do so. Team GB is still in their prime and I see them dominate for a least 2 more seasons. I don't think there will be many surprises but if I am playing with house money, Canada 5th place.

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
boom

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, GM stands for Great Man (150 words min.)
There have been some good and some bad GMs in SHL history. (Mostly bad) Pick a GM you think was outstanding and explain why you think they were one of the better GMs in SHL history. Point to trades/signings/trophy wins/locker rooms to support your claim.
I am clearly incredibly biased but one of the very best General Managers there has ever been, if not the greatest according to me, is @Keygan. He is a grade A class act and is one of the most genuine people I have met on here. Like, seriously, he is just an upstanding dude. He knows that he wants the team to do well here and he is constantly finding diamonds in the rough to help build the Edmonton franchise, but he also knows that this is for fun and if it isn't fun then he won't be successful, so he places a premium on having a fun locker room and adding members to the franchise that are going to be cool and not dicks. Again, I am biased, but I think if memory serves, that he got made fun of by other GMs or SHL Schefters for drafting me so highly, and yet I ended up being a pretty good pick when many thought I would never pan out. I'm just one example of why Keygan has been among the best GMs in the league, and there are others.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. What is worth more to me? Honestly, to me, a cup win is a cup win. I think they are both equivalent. Yes, I would love to still be using STHS because I actually was starting to learn the system and was having fun manipulating it to try and build lines when I was the DACH GM during the WJC (thanks Hamilton for ruining it for the rest of us). I haven't touched FHM at all and it seems like a pretty good system, but I think comparing the two is comparing apples to oranges.
b. We would absolutely have seen Chicago, Texas, Hamilton and Buffalo in the final four this year if they had not run into each other in the second round. They were by far the best four teams in the league, and while I appreciated that they met in the second round, it was kind of anti-climactic after that because you already pretty much knew who was going to the finals.
c. If I could relocate Hamilton I would probably move them to Letterkenny. Yes, I realize Letterkenny isn't real, but I love the idea of having a Letterkenny Irish franchise and seeing Jonesy and Riley win some 'ships and have some sweet wheel, snipe, celly boys! Like, seriously, I would recreate to be Shoresy if that happened.
d. Clearly that answer is my own FR Finn-Rhys. Like seriously, I am amaze-balls (I actually am not) and I clearly am being discriminated against because of my sick talent (I clearly haven't been since I am actually not very good). Like, seriously, I am the best ever and I can't believe I haven't made a finals in nearly a decade.

Code:
S62 Milestone Claim

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Blow it up (150 words min.)
In your opinion, which team is on track to completely sell off all assets and begin a long rebuild? A few teams are already in the midst of this, but what teams are watching their window slowly close and need to get younger soon in order to start the climb back to the top?
I am totally talking out of my ass here because I have no clue since I barely am active on here anymore, but man, one team that is getting ready for a fire sale is the New England Wolfpack. It isn't that anyone sucks or anything, but that there is a new GM in town. I have no clue what Luke's plans are for the team but I can tell you that, just like every real franchise, when a new GM comes into town usually a whole new philosophy and rosters comes into town in short order. I wouldn't be surprised if Luke starts selling off the older "talent" like FR Finn-Rhys and tries to get at least some younger talent for the aging "stars" of yesteryear. I mean, that is the smart play, right? Or is it? Maybe talented veterans can contribute for a while longer and maybe start costing a little less to keep on the roster while the rebuild is in full swing and then gracefully retire (or in my case, in the future, just have a heart attack on the ice and that be the end of that story).

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

(+12 TPE) PBE CW

(+3 TPE) Milestones

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Victor Helstrom
pee

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I think that Acsolap + Honkers are excellent GM’s. It isn’t easy to take charge of an expansion team, especially when there are slim pickings in the talent department. Luckily, the boys made some talent soup and collected a group of misfits and rag tag tommy’s to really take the league by storm. We’ve overperformed and managed to get a few playoff wins, but we have yet to get that series win. Going forward, it will be interesting to see how this team is handled, how the guys develop, and how we all contribute to the success of Philadelphia. I also think that hotdog is an excellent GM. These gms work with what they’ve got in order to field a competitive team. It is not an easy task. Honourable mention to S7eve7ven as they’ve fielded very competitive Carolina kraken Junior rosters (and even have a 4 star cup). If anything, GM status can be more properly evaluated in juniors due to the tpe cap. Just my opinions!

3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Busts (150 words min.)
There are a lot of "could-have-been" draft picks in the SHL, but let's have some fun thinking about someone that busted hard. Write about their potential and where they were picked, and how that franchise could look *if* they had in fact panned out.

Who comes to mind? Vitek Viticek. 7th overall pick by the Chicago syndicate in round 1 of the S54 draft. Vitek played his junior careers in Carolina and nearly max-earned, making him highly touted, highly scouted and highly sought. He was a great locker room presence. Unfortunately, he could not translate his junior game into the big leagues. He maxxed out at about 800 before sinking down the depth charts and fading into obscurity. This is huge considering chicago’s buoyant history of drafting studs. Where did it all go wrong for Vitecek, who never played a single game in the big leagues? If he had stuck to his full potential, what would chicagos depth chart look like? Perhaps a 2nd line forward would have been shipped out of town for depth pieces/picks given the TPE surplus. It really goes to show the domino effect one BUST can have, and vitecek BUSTED .. hard.

4. Written, 3 TPE, Rules (150 words min.)
There have been a lot of rule changes in the SHL. Where do you think these changes have gone right, where do you think they have gone wrong? Would you ever want to go back to a previous way of doing things? Do you think the SHL is fine as is?

I think the SHL is fine as is. I like the switchup from STHS to FHM as there was a fatal flaw in STHS system (the passing glitch). I think mainly people want to see more parity. It’s going to take a while to not see Hamilton in the top 4 consistently, year after year. We just have to bear the brunt of it and see rebuilds/retools take place. It won’t be rapid change and we need to get used to that. I love the double prompt PTs even though I barely do my PTs now. I think a good rule change would be to stop regression or at least don’t start regression as early as it is. It totally messes with rebuilds and retools. I’m not sure how our forge are going to go for it without me at 100%. But, mostly, I believe the shl is absolutely fine as is.

I think a cup in the FHM era will be worth more once the rebuilding teams get a taste of that championship. So far it’s been a tossup between 4 teams, Hamilton, Chicago, buffalo and Texas. When teams like Tampa Bay and Los Angeles break the glass ceiling of an FHM challenge cup, it’ll be the most exciting thing to happen to the league since the simon T era.

Yes. It is not mistake that teams may be able to sneak by these four teams in the season, but when you play Texas, buffalo, Hamilton or Chicago in a 7 game series, the odds are simply not with you. The parity feels like the NBA (not complaining just an observation).

Hamilton is a gross city. However, with their success I’m not certain you can move them without some backlash. I think that Toronto and New York can both field a 2nd team. But, I think that the SHL must expand into non-traditional hockey markets. I would bring a team BACK to West Kendall just because. West Kendall Steelhawks.

The best player to not make the final in the past 2 years is Eko Van Otter. Sure, he may be declining due to the SHL’s draconian regression rules, but EVO ages like a fine wine. He leads his Atlanta Inferno both on and off the ice with a crazy kinda slapshot, a killer singing voice, and Machiavellian linguistics.

In your opinion, which team is on track to completely sell off all assets and begin a long rebuild? A few teams are already in the midst of this, but what teams are watching their window slowly close and need to get younger soon in order to start the climb back to the top?

WHO HAS TO BLOW IT UP? I think that the team that has to absolutely abandon ship, blow everything up, sell for assets and young guys is none other than the Hamilton steelhawks. Sure, they may win a lot and currently win, but how long will it last? These guys window is coming to a close and they know it. It’s best to go out ‘on top’ and sell your old guys while they still have value. Trade everyone for picks, and rookies. Make a solid plan to be good again around the S73 season please. I think Buffalo, Texas and Chicago can follow suit. Maybe Texas shouldn’t, but the 3 eastern teams have to do something to ensure success in the future. Success NOW isn’t guaranteed. If these GMs are so good, they should show us what a solid rebuild they can complete. GMS must go through one mandatory rebuild as part of the SHL hall of fame process.

16 TPE TOTAL

Code:

CW TRIVIA LINK
Victor Helstrom
Noot

Code:

One of the greatest GMs is Teztify, to put it simply. One of the best GMs in the S10's, and then a good gm in the S20's, Tez made Edmonton the team it is today. Having on 3 cups in the S10's and then one more in S20's, he solidified himself as one of the best GM's, before the world of Discord and such.They used other means of talking, like the forum or chatzy. They created a great locker room envoirnement. It is also to note, they did not have minimum balances, so you could get teammates to move over a lot easier, as a lot were signed for 1 mil, and had big banks. But also, money was not handed around a lot back then, so big banks were rare. Also, this lead to a middling sucession of the GM throne after Tez stepped down, but thats not on him of course. He is a top 5 GM for me ever

Code:
There are a lot of "could-have-been" draft picks in the SHL, but let's have some fun thinking about someone that busted hard. Write about their potential and where they were picked, and how that franchise could look *if* they had in fact panned out.

Oh if Leshaun king kept on being a max earner for SFP, they would have won a cup. There is no doubt in my mind that we would have won a cup. I probably wouldnt have left, and we would have created a dynasty. instead of the middling franchise since they started basically. Once grapehead stepped down, King and I would run the team and build a dynasty. We had the core, that eventaully split up. But that S43 core was great, having a lot of great players, that would have been a killer core. Kez, Me, King, Lazy eye, Metcalf, Kennedy, CanadianCanuck, Zena, and probably others im missing. But yeah, San Francisco would turn into a powerhouse team, with great management, who would lead their team to be a top tier team in the league. But instead, he goes inactives. I request a trade, couldnt rebound. Be a team that misses and makes the playoffs every other year

PRESENT

Code:
a. A cup win the STHS era tbh. It was a lot more random, so winning made it just as sweet. In FHM, a lot more predictability. If you were on HAM, BUF, CHI, TEX, in the past 10 seasons, you won a cup. If you were on HAM or BUF for 10 seasons in STHS, you could have won a cup.

b. Probably yeah, though Baltimore is a good team, LAP had a good run, so who really knows. But probably yeah. Which kinda sucks. But the regression change will help hopefully. Like in NHL its not uncommon to see the same top teams be dominant for a couple of seasons then drop off because regression of players, or cant keep players. WIth the lack of player movement, the regression has to be harder.

c. I would relocate it to Flin Flon Canada. Because they deserve to rough it out for the next couple of decades. what better place than Flin Flon, the funniest name in Canada. A population of 5 thousand people, in Manitoba would be a perfect place to put the Flin Flon steelhawks.

d. The best player to NOT make the final in the past 2 years is Karl Krashwagen, the heart of Baltimore Platoon, and the key to their rebuild. Karl has been a great player on a growing baltimore team. Scoring a lot of goals and kicking some ass. And then Baltimore should break through... hopefully

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3152655

+3

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

3/16
My biggest sadness in this league is the fact that the big man sota didnt stick around. He was an awesome person in the LR and very committed to his player, Sadly with his very public disapproval of his draft position he left the league. I was definitely a pro Sota voice in the SFP recruiting area, after knowing him for a while with the raptors. I dont know his exact positions but I think he was first round in the juniors and was a mid second round pick in the shl. Even though he wasnt a super high pick in the SHL I feel like the fact that he immediately left and never looked back makes it one of the worst busts I’ve witnessed myself. With that said I really have no hard feelings towards him and would love to see him try the league again with the new understanding of how people really gauge value in a player.
5/16
[Image: fLZuyeR.png]
8/16

[Image: CWskill.png]

10/16
I would give this job immediately to @”Evok”. I think as someone who wants as many jobs as possible and with her massive success and dedication in this league it would be a great match. Sure you might end up doing PT’s every week about how to get fired, but in the end you also know it will never actually happen and she will be stuck in the job forever, running it smoothly as intended. On top of this I'm sure Evok would give me a PT pass for being a GM because it is logical and evok is logical thank you in advance. A CW pass would be cool too cause really im not sure if I even want to finish it all yet.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

Code:

Victor Helstrom
Victor Helstrom

Code:

I’ve got to give it to my dawg, Keygan, for killing it in Edmonton for ~20 seasons. I’ve sung his praises in previous PT’s so this won’t be too exciting or eye-opening. While he inherited a healthy roster, building and maintaining it for 20 seasons is incredibly impressive. Keygan drafted and schemed with the best of them, leading to an SHL career where his team/franchise never missed the playoffs. Some of Keygan’s other accolades are winning a challenge cup as a player twice, as a general manager once, and making it to the finals 2 other times.
Keygan played an important role in the transition from STHS to FHM. His fingerprints are all over the league and its policies. Keygan also thrived as a locker room manager, drafting and facilitating dozens of interesting people (Sean helped too).
I’d also like to credit Alaska, short term GM of the Colorado Raptors. He facilitated major trades, leading the the meme dream team in the SMJHL’s s44 season. He also drafted me, Pepperoni, Cassius Darrow. Pretty cool.

Code:

I’ve mentioned him in previous PT’s but s47’s Wibby McButternutz was the first user I ever had “busty” thoughts about. He was a fire cracker in the rookie chat and max earned through the J draft. He was selected to the Detroit Falcons but quickly stopped updating. I asked the decision makers in my locker rooms (Colorado and Edmonton) what they thought of such a promising young member falling to inactivity so fast. They corrected me and told me that they were easily able to sniff out his activity level and he fell accordingly, he was not a “late steal”.
Detroit performed poorly, if i remember correctly. He came into the season with 205 TPE and finished at 210. I believe Buffalo drafted him, which was a good fit. They didn’t need him, behind Makela, Darrow, and like, 4 other all star defensemen, but its an active home that lets players develop in the J. Finn has a history of loading up on long shots at the end so that new users still have options if their interest comes back
Honorable mention: Jax Duggan.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3151833

Code:
19. Written, 3 TPE, Groundhog Day 150 words min
You log on to the SHL. Oh shit gotta do your Finals Predictions. Yay Hamilton Texas finals, love shl parity. Weird, the title says s61 finals predictions but its s62? But wait, all the PTs are labeled s61, we're on activity check #388, and no one is complaining about regression. You must have woken up back at the start of the S61 Finals! What do you do differently now that you know how the next season will play out. Change some of your casino bets? Predict some drama? Cheat at primetime?

First thing i do is set an alarm on my phone so that I can do my mock draft. I previously forgot to hit send until it was too late; this time i will get the baseline points, plus the knowledge of every pick! I will definitely hoard TPE with primetimes and the like.
Time-travel gambling is tricky (but I’m definitely pro time gambling). You can’t have the real world equivalent of 2 tabs open, where you can peak into s62 and then fill out s61 stuff. It all has to be memorized. Like in hot tub time machine, when they try to time-gamble on the broncos game, they only know the score because it was a pivotal game that they happened to watch, it wasnt one that they could scrub through the internet and see the score of. I know the last few winners in the 4 major sports, but no regular season things. In the SHL there arent a ton of memorable sims, but nailing a big parlay could be pretty good for Toko’s future.

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, No take backs 100 words min
HO didn't feel like making a job posting for PT Director so they just put you in charge of picking the new one. So elect a new PT director, tag them, and explain why you think they'd be a great fit for the job. Or just someone you want to torture.

I nominate Slash to re-get the job. The mental calisthentics of transitioning out of a job only to be pulled right back in would turn his brain inside out. I was thinking of other creative users on the site as i read through, but when i read the last sentence, the idea of torture really appealled to me. Very “out of the frying pan and into the fire” (i think that’s supposed to be hyphenated, but i wanted my word count credit), like when your parents pull you out of a local school because Jeremy is beating you up, but then at your new school, you’re in Jeremy’s brothers’ home room and he gives wedgies even harder.
I sneaky would like to try PT’s, but i think my ideas would be too abstract, but maybe that’s why i like Slash’s approach. Hotdog and Izzy also had senses of humor about it, which is what made them good PT directors as well.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

PBE CW (itztimg) First 3 tasks' pictures didn't post for some reason, but hopefully it'll be good for the full 12

Task 6:
a) As someone who has only been around for the FHM era, I honestly don't have an opinion to say one way or the other, but I've heard that STHS was a lot more wild and led to some serious upsets. It would just be nice to win a cup in general.
b) Honestly, had Buffalo and Hamilton, in addition to Texas and Chicago, had not met each in the second round of the playoffs, I very well think we could have had the exact same situation as last season. Would've been nice to see a repeat, but what can ya do, y'know?
c)  Hamilton's that small? Jeez, it's a wonder they've done so well these past few seasons with no one to skirmish against in the offseason. I'd relocate them not very far, still in the same country actually, but to Montreal. Why? So that way they can all learn French and have problems with it. Parlez-vous français, monsieur?
d) I'm still getting the lay of the land, so I don't know who's good or not good enough to have made playoffs, or even to have deserved to make it to playoffs. I mean, Krashwagon is good from what I hear, but I just don't have enough information to make an informed decision based on logic and facts.

I genuinely think all the GM’s I’ve had so far have been pretty solid. I think a lot of credit goes to Boom and Sota for bringing me to Edmonton and calling me up, since that did a lot for my activity. I also have to throw a lot of respect out there to Ham and Juke in Newfoundland. I really don’t think I would still be in the league without them, making sure I was getting tasks done each week even if I wasn’t consistent with it. The effort definitely wasn’t lacking from their end, which was super appreciated, especially since they did that job for about 4 straight seasons. The locker room was one of the best I’ve been part of, sometimes even too active for me to even keep up with. But that’s just a testament to the effort and time the duo have put into the locker room. We also won a four star cup together, and they won again after I left, showing they are simply the best.

4. Written, 3 TPE, Rules (150 words min.)
There have been a lot of rule changes in the SHL. Where do you think these changes have gone right, where do you think they have gone wrong? Would you ever want to go back to a previous way of doing things? Do you think the SHL is fine as is?

Regression seems to have been a major topic of debate, so I’m pleased so far by the changes. I especially liked that there was an attempt by the head office to respond to community feedback, especially when some groups felt like they were targeted unfairly in those changes. The league seems to have met their goal to reduce career player lengths while also giving S53 and S54 players the peak seasons they wanted, as well as giving them a little bit more time to prepare for the stronger regression which was a nice tweak.

I also liked the tweaks to punishments for people in jobs. Making the punishment scale less steep and severe should help the league get more applicants for their open positions, and hopefully reduce overall turnover. I’ve seen way too many open positions recently, so I hope there will be more changes to rules to make jobs better to hold.

13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
hahahahahaha remember this task from last season? The one where everyone was like "nah we're good, tampa and BAP will be in the finals soon and you'll see that the old guard will make way for the new young teams". Now that we have the exact same fucking teams in the final again, let me ask, is parity an issue in the SHL? How do we combat this?

Parity will always be an issue as long as there are GM’s who are simply better than others at negotiating, and GM’s who have the time to find out what works best in the league. I think test simming is the single worst thing to happen in sim leagues. People just figure out any kind of engine is because at the end of the day, it is some interaction between numbers with a degree of variability. Once that is determined, the engine is now exploitable until the league puts limits on how the exploit works. You can’t stop smart people from ripping off less smart people, or stop people from flocking to good teams. But you can try and limit the extent to which people exploit the exploitable things, which is a constant level of change until the next meta is found. And there always will be one, that is simply how RNG works.

18. Written, 3 TPE, Apocalypse Now 150 words min
In the not so distant future (s64), 4 Texas Hamilton finals in a row have seen most of the SHLers quit out of spite. Only a select few remain. Head Office reeeeaaally likes having 20 teams so they have now allowed every user to have 5 players to fill the void of everyone who left. Name your other 4 players that aren't your current player, select their positions, and decide their focus and path in the league. Postulate where they end up after the draft and how the players pan out.

RW - Nico Pearce
C - Cole Pearce
LW - Leon Athanasios (me)
D - Euron Leonidas
D - Captain America
G - Your Mom

Frankly I went with my naming convention in the VHL for my current player, the right wing. I sort of gave up after giving him a brother, Cole Pearce. Leon is my current player, and Euron would be his brother I suppose. Captain America was out of left field a bit, just wanted to pick a name quickly and move on. I like him, has a nice ass. Chris Evans played him well, would be a surefire top draft pick off name value alone. Your Mom would probably be the 69th overall pick of a draft, as you would expect a meme player like that to go. You could make a lot of yo momma jokes with Your Mom, good way to taunt folks who are on Your Mom’s team when Your Mom sucks pretty bad in a game. Overall though, they’re all meme players and I doubt they’re any good. They’re associated with me after all, a 4th round bust. I can’t even recall when I got drafted with Leon tbh, but these guys will suck just as bad in the long run.

20. Written, 3 TPE, Free Advertising 150 words min
If you're in another sim league and are using 4 of those CW tasks here, you can do this task to advertise that league in your CW. What league is it? Is it fun? How does it work? What are the pros/cons of that league, especially in comparison to the SHL?

Er I’m honestly not doing the tasks for another league, but I guess I might as well just plug another league that I can actually talk about for 150 words. VHL is nice, both similar and different to the VHL, both with their pros and cons. I like the decentralized aspect of the SHL, where most league activity on discord occurs in LR’s. The VHL has a very centralized main server that features anything you could want, and the smaller LR’s in turn suffer a bit from it. But the portal is absolutely phenomenal, and I like being able to sign players, update, approve updates, make trades, and do literally every transitional move through the portal instead of through threads. So much of it is automated or simple to use, which makes the entry to the league very simple for a new users. Super convenient for all, and I think it’s arguably easier to max out each week there than here, since your TPE per word is much higher in the VHL than here in the SHL.

HO didn't feel like making a job posting for PT Director so they just put you in charge of picking the new one. So elect a new PT director, tag them, and explain why you think they'd be a great fit for the job. Or just someone you want to torture.

I like harassing @Bfine so I’ll harass him here. He recently admitted to me, in tears and crying in shame, that he was actually broke because he spends all his money on the casino. He loses every time as well, making it even more pitiful. Therefore he could get the PT director position, and that way everyone, not just me, can flame him monthly, weekly, daily. I think it would be a tremendous opportunity for me and league, but I also think he could do a decent job. But it’d mostly be torture, sorry bud. Maybe if you weren’t getting married and living life, you could have the job. Love you!

1. i did it

2. This is purely for selfish reasons, but I want to shout out Blitz for the work he put in during his time working in St. Louis. During the end of my last season in juniors, it sounded like there were a few teams who were reaching out to see if they could nab my player as a rental to attempt a run at a cup. He asked me early on if we were not performing great by the end of the season if I would want to be moved to try and chase a cup myself. I told him that I’d rather stick out my whole junior career with the Crowz. I’m really glad that Blitz approached me first and stuck by what we agreed upon. Even when the trade calls came in and the pressure was there, he still stuck by me. I definitley wouldn’t have wanted to finish somewhere else, so I was really happy with how all that worked out. Thanks Blitz (165 Words)

3. I don’t pay too much attention to the drafts to be honest, but I am able to speak on my own S55 draft class. I remember getting overly invested in everything with trying to get the mock draft sorted and everything. Unfortunately, they went inactive some time after getting drafted, but the first name that comes to mind for me is good ol’ Terrence”Big Terry” Smith. I can’t remember exactly where they were drafted, but I remember they were taken by the Blizzard in the first round. They had just taken Axel Foley earlier in the round, and I thought it Big Terry was able to pan out, that would be a lethal blueline. I remember they earned really well in the first few seasons, but didn’t have much of a presence on Discord, so maybe it was a bit of a swing. If it ended up working out that would have been a really good d pairing for the Blizzard though. (162 words)

6:
a) It seems like unless you have a really specific team build put together, it’s really tough to win a cup in FHM, so I’d say that. From what I remember, things seemed a bit more random in my experience with STHS, but that was like 5 or 6 years ago. (50 words)
b) I couldn’t even tell you who played in the final last year or who ended up winning the whole thing, to be honest. I tend to check out as soon as the Cudaz are done for the season. I will say a confident YES… but I really have no idea. (50 Words)
c) I think it’s time for us to expand hockey down south. We need more kids exposed to the SHL and become superstars in the league when they get older. Let’s get a team in Elephant Butte, New Mexico. We’ll call them the Elephant Butte Elephants and they will tear the league apart in no time at all. (57 Words)
d) I can honestly only name a handful of players outside of Tampa, so naturally I’m going with Michael Fitted. Give the man a cup. Right now. It’s his birthday for god’s sake. I feel like he tears it up offensively on our tear no matter where he is in our lineup. Give the man a cup. And a site job (60 Words)

12. right here

16/16

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max 
Jumbo

6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag
Honestly I have only been in the SHL during the FHM era. So I would have to say a cup win in the FHM era as I have nothing to go on for the STHS era. A cup win is a cup win in any regards so cant complain either way. -51 words

Honestly in the West I would agree with that. But in the East, I am going to be a homer and say no. Baltimore had a great season and was a strong team going into the playoffs. So you cant just discredit them just because Hamilton swept them this season. -50 words

I would relocate the franchise to Arizona. Would people notice? Would people care? Or would the new Arizona franchise continue on the Hamilton tradition of domination of the SHL. I think the last would very true. But I am surprised Arizona isnt a location of any SHL team. I mean its in the NHL  -54 words

I would have to say based on stats for the last 2 seasons, Ryan Shepard is the best player to not make the finals. Shepard put up 82 points in S61 and 93 points in S62. I dont think there is another player close to that points total who did play in the Challenge Cup. -55 words

11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! 
Texas Renegades have beaten the Hamilton Steelhawks. Its a Christmas Miracle. The series went 7 games, so it was a hard fought series. I do not think there was a clear better team overall but obviously in the end Texas was better more often. It was definitely an interesting and fun series. It was back and forth action the whole time with Texas winning the last 2 games to win it all. Texas proved to be able to do what all other teams in the east could not. Leading up to the finals Hamilton only lost 3 games in total vs New England, Buffalo, and Baltimore. Hamilton seemed to be only getting stronger as the playoffs went along. But Texas stepped up and showed out. Congrats to the Texas Renegades. -130 words

Link

15. Written, 2 TPE - The yearly IIHF task
Team USA should be a solid team this IIHF. Under new management, Fed Head Geek takes the reigns and proves to be the right decision to take over. USA has a load of talent both on offense and defense. Not to mention Strom Chamberlain in net. I think USA takes the Gold over Canada this tournament. Bobby Lane shows his skills and makes his country proud. Surprisingly Great Britain will not make the medal rounds after making the Gold game the last two tournaments.  Other teams that will not do well this tournament will be Norway and Germany. Both teams just do not look to be strong enough this go around. -111 words

I would not want to torture anyone by making them do a job they do not want to do. But there a few people that I think would do a great job as a PT Director. Not saying that they want to. I know it is a tough job that requires constant creativeness for new PTs and all. It also requires someone who likes to write a bit. I know the job of PT Director usually goes to a long standing user in the league. But sometimes a new mind/user is good. So having said that I think @jay2233 or @Drokeep would be good fits. Also I think @suavemente wouldnt be a bad choice either

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 12:08 AM by Dextaria.)

Code:
Victor Helstrom
Dex

PRESENT

Code:
a. I think it's more worth to me to win a cup in the FHM era because there's a little less randomness in the sim so you know when you win, you're the better team. That and also I have only been in the FHM era so that's what I would value more. 52 words.
b. If BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round I think we would still end up with the same finals of the same 4 teams. It just seems inevitable that they are there so the only way to change it is to massive changes to the sim engine or the league itself. 58 words.
c. Okay first off, I love that the Hamilton Steelhawks are in Hamilton because you know they have diehard hockey fans from there and coming from Toronto. With that said, I wouldn't be against see the team relocated to like New York because I'm thoroughly surprised we don't have a team in such a big city in the real NHL. 59 words.
d. The best player to not make the final in the past 2 years has to be Adam Barron who topped the league in TPE, but found himself on a rather underwhelming Toronto North Stars team these last 2 years. A close second would be Bobby Lane who has been achieving similar feats TPE-wise. 53 words.

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Was it an exciting final, or predictable? Is one team the clear winner?
Compared to the S61 finals with the same two teams, this final was a lot more interesting in comparison because the series went to a game 7 compared to last season where the series was a sweep by the Hamilton Steelhawks. Where it was not interesting was when it's the same two teams and the usual final appearances so I didn't care as much to follow it. However, one can say the final was a little unpredictable because I'm sure many people would expect the Hamilton Steelhawks to win the series and the Challenge Cup as they have been doing all these seasons, but honestly don't know if the Texas Renegades are all that much more interesting.

117 words
Code:

Milestones Claim
BEYOND

Code:
18. Written, 3 TPE, Apocalypse Now 150 words min
In the not so distant future (s64), 4 Texas Hamilton finals in a row have seen most of the SHLers quit out of spite. Only a select few remain. Head Office reeeeaaally likes having 20 teams so they have now allowed every user to have 5 players to fill the void of everyone who left. Name your other 4 players that aren't your current player, select their positions, and decide their focus and path in the league. Postulate where they end up after the draft and how the players pan out.
Alright so we gotta fill out the Vancouver Whalers and eventually the Toronto North Stars because we went from "just" IA 3rd and 4th liners in the SMJHL to full on half IA teams in the SHL. To help resolve this issue, I have created new and improved players to help fill out all the positions on the team. First off has to be a centre named "Face Offs" because that will be his main priority in addition to being a good two-way forward. The second would be an aggressive forechecking winger called "Big Hitz" because his role is to maintain aggressive pressure and force turnovers. The third would be a shutdown defenseman named "The Better Sato" because we know how much of a bum Sato is. Lastly, it would be the goalie named "G. Backup" in honour of G. Backup from the NHL game. All of them would be average players just because running 4 accounts takes a hell of a lot of time so I'd expect them to be drafted 3rd round both in the SMJHL and the SHL. I'd expect them to peak at around 1300 TPE.

190 words

Code:
19. Written, 3 TPE, Groundhog Day 150 words min
You log on to the SHL. Oh shit gotta do your Finals Predictions. Yay Hamilton Texas finals, love shl parity. Weird, the title says s61 finals predictions but its s62? But wait, all the PTs are labeled s61, we're on activity check #388, and no one is complaining about regression. You must have woken up back at the start of the S61 Finals! What do you do differently now that you know how the next season will play out. Change some of your casino bets? Predict some drama? Cheat at primetime?
If I woke up and it's S61 all over again I would say that I would warn the Toronto North Stars of all the GMs leaving. It would give us more time to prepare for any changes that happens and better prepares the team for the impending rebuild. With that, for the Vancouver Whalers I would probably trade more players knowing the finals were not going to work out this season. We were quite unlucky, but in spite of that I think Newfoundland had a really good team and I can't see myself buying more with the few draft picks we already had. Although, I would probably also tell myself that I myself won't have too much time due to school. As for predictions and cheating... hell yea I'd change my casino bet and my primetimes. The more the TPE the better to let me reach 2200 TPE! Heck if I cheated more maybe I'd make top 10 in TPE all time haha. 

163 words

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Free Advertising 150 words min
If you're in another sim league and are using 4 of those CW tasks here, you can do this task to advertise that league in your CW. What league is it? Is it fun? How does it work? What are the pros/cons of that league, especially in comparison to the SHL?
I would recommend people looking for a casual 2nd league, I would highly recommend the ISFL! The ISFL is a simulation football league. This is American football not soccer football for the non-Americans reading this. I joined knowing I wouldn't be too active in the league in terms of discord and the forums because the SHL is my main league, but despite that I have met some awesome people, the teams I've been on have been nothing but helpful and welcoming. I would say the league is quite well run and I haven't had any issues with the game! I do like how the sim engine is a little more random so there are upsets in the playoffs, and I also like how players are more fun with their player names and renders. Also, there are archetypes there which is very interesting coming from the SHL because you can see the different paths people take with their builds and their roles on the team.

164 words

ISFL Task

16/16 TPE + 8 TPE extra in case

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Code:
I would like to assert that the best SHL GM in history is one Keygan. I have a multitude of reasons for this. To start, his prolific J GMing career, wherein he was one of the people to GM for a city that would host a current SMJHL team and a future SHL team. In his time with Montreal he also drafted an elite defender and all around hot guy, Veikka Toivanen. Then he comes up to the SHL level, gets laughed at for being a reach in the draft, gets traded one for one for a guy (clowned on for that too) and is a prolific member of the site currently. He wins multiple cups with Edmonton as GM, takes it on his own volition to step down, and fucks around and drafts another elite defender and all around sexy guy, Axel Foley. He also spent a lot of focus moneyballing by focusing on craftng a cohesive locker room when making trades and draft choices--i.e. the elite draft where the Blizzard got Sven Svechnikov, Pasta the Turtle, Slavakov Vladamirashenko, and Makrus Jager. Which is also on top of getting the picks required to pick Sven in the ballsy move to trade a star defender in FR Finn-Rhys for future needs.

Code:
One of the most notable busts I can think of with regards to recent times, specifically looking at the top 10, would be around S56. Most notably--GM Funk. For all intents and purposes Funk was a fine person that was a real positive influence and had no indications of "busting." Taken at 5th overall, the pick right after was Vladimir Petrov, a 1600 TPE forward with Tampa Bay, and if they were looking for defence, Jonas Kahnwald was taken 8th. Then you get to the 2nd round where current NOLA Co, Valtterri Kauppinen, as well as the elite Big Yosh, Vaseline Podcalzone, were taken. Of course it's hard to compare 2nds to 1sts, but that's what you want to rely on scouting for in a situation like that. Another top 5-ish pick is 6th overall for Winnipeg in S57, Freyja Hellstrom, who was notably taken ahead of Ruggs McOooh and Jari Heikkinen back to back after, as well as later picks such as Anton Mihailov also being high value picks.

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
It was unpredictable because Hamilton didn't win. Not sure what else I can really say on that. I need 100 words? Like, let's be real here the surprising part is that Buffalo, Hamilton, or Chicago (ex-Lakes, RIP) weren't the make up of the two teams in the finals. But it's also kind of predictable that the 4th of those "powerhouse teams" in Texas would be the team to win it, cause it's really just a crapshoot on which one of those 4 will be the ones to win. It's unpreditcable in the fact that the obvious team didn't win, but at the same time the changing of the guard has not come into play at all, which at this point is sadly predictable becuase... well why wouldn't it be?

Code:
12. CW Trivia
[url=https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=120835&pid=3152684#pid3152684]

Code:
This feels like a real cop-out answer after the trade today, but Toronto. Maybe. They trade Bobby Lane, a peak site member who was at ~2100 TPE last I saw, and get a 1st out of it. This most recent season they traded Liam Slate for futures, and he's primed to hit his prime in the very near future. The only complicated piece of the puzzle is that Cale Amundsen is going to be in his prime and is going to need to be traded for from a jaded Calgary that *really* wanted to usher him along into the future as their old starter, Kata Vilde, is retired. They had their chance at a last hoorah and are also primed to (ideally) be looking for a rebuild with a somewhat aged core with some good peices littered throughout different age ranges. But right, Toronto. They also have some imminent trades that ought to be made as far as Adam Barron and Ryu Jones go, as they are two of the elite pieces on the team that have are primed to be entering FA within the next two seasons, again, in their prime. There are already rumours around that involve Jones being close to official trades a multiple points, and while those have fallen through, if that last S55 domino falls then there isn't a lot for Toronto to be competitive for a cup with and a rebuild would be imminent.

Code:
I really, really think that @sve7en (fuck tags btw) would really enjoy being a PT director, becuase he has so much time on his hands that he should commit to being the PT director. Like, this guy doesn't do that much. A podcast? That's easy stuff. GMing? Lemme tell you first hand that takes zero effort. No reason for him not to be able to take on a litttle bit of extra responsibility. Or I really just want to torture him and get like 50 more notifications on top of all of the DM's he already gets when he gets the countless people complaining about everything.