Create Account

S56 mPT #2 - Behind the Player Name

Shortly before joining the SHL, I played through an entire season of Super Mega Baseball 2 in one sitting with a friend that was moving away. We loved the pitcher Slip Van'Derwink from the Sirloins and his dumb ass name. Not sure where the Mc came from, but McScruff was based off my username for the site. Kind of lucky because it was all really dumb but I don't hate the name after just shy of 2 years on the site.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

In sim leagues, I normally go for the first name of 'Matthew' as that is my name (spoiler there, I know). From there it was about coming up with a surname. My player, like myself, is Scottish, so I took a look at Scottish surnames that weren't my own and found the name Forrester. Thinking that it flowed pretty well as a complete name, I chose that.

Code:
68 words

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

Many have asked the origin of the name "Grandmaster Funk" and many more will inquire in the future.
The real answer is that his name was passed down through a lineage of funky dudes.

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

So my original player name was Sacha Selman, I had to change that because umm reasons, but it's now Lallo Selman. It's pretty simple actually Lallo is the name of one of my close rl friends and Selman is the last name of an influencer I like.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Aron Hernadivic was named to sort of sound like a Czechian player, and sort of named after Aaron Hernandez, the greatest cfb and nfl tight end in history. That’s all it is.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

I ended up working backwards to pick my player name: when I first created I wanted to be a defenseman since that's the position I play in real life. Then I saw that that Finland needed defensemen more than most countries, so I chose to make a Finnish defensemen. From there it was just picking a Finnish first name that I was familiar with from some random TV show, and a last name I was familiar with from the NHL.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Honestly... I have no reasoning behind Cale Amundsen. I really just thought of a guy that I used to goaltend against on the ice and used his first name. Amundsen, I truly just pulled that one at random.

[Image: Wally.png]

Well, my player's last name is my last name in real life so that's not that exciting. I've always liked the nick name Big Dick Nick so I decided to go with Nick for the first name instead of my real first name.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

So my player's name has a bit of a backstory. This is the same name I've used in the GOMHL and VHL. He got his start in the GOMHL, and I decided when I created that I wanted a silly name and to build an enforcer. I thought of fun nicknames at the time for enforcers. Biznasty came to mind, but then I remembered P-triple-L, the great Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond. I figured that would be a great name to go off of. I decided I would just flip the name since it had some things I could flip. Pierre-Luc became Luc-Pierre, Letourneau became Lespineau (hehe, funny), and Leblond became Lebrunette (ya see what I did there?) Thats the story behind my player name

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

The story of Erben Kasius was I used a fake ID generator that only used gender and country of origin as inputs. So I created a Dutch man. Originally it came up with a name that probably would have gotten banned so I won't say it here.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

I was hoping to be able to do this same thing with my character that will come next, but honestly there wasn't a whole load of thought behind the Brogen name. I was trying to figure something out to keep up the Broish aspect of my username, and eventually just settled on Brogen as a alst name. In terms of a first name, I just went until I found something that sort of fit. Unfortunately it isn't much of a story, but stay tuned for the next one

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

My name is my first name, mixed with one of the most common surnames from Ireland, where my player is from. So really there is not big secret or anything special about it, just a simple 1+1=2 kind of thing.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Ethan Price was a name that I came up with on the fly years ago when I needed a fake name for an Amazon account.

My players name came about because in every sports game I play, my full name is never in there. So i use my middle name and then cut my last name short to make Thomas Rose

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

I came up with Commander Shepard as a name because I remember somewhere in the beginning a post said joke names are allowed so I pictured Commander Shepard playing in the NHL and had a great chuckle. So I went with it. Mass Effect are one of my favourite games so it worked for me.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48