Create Account

S51 WFT #1 - Giving Thanks

I'm thankful for a fuck ton of people in the Armada and Pride discords, I'm thankful for my SHL job so I can afford to do shit like train and buy equipment, and I'm thankful for the shl PT team for making PTs 20% less terrible in recent seasons.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

I'm thankful that @adamantium replied to my tweet about a year and a half ago. It was meant to just be a complaint sent out in the ether for twitter money. I didn't expect anyone to reply, and even if someone did, I would probably have ignored it in most cases. As it turned out, I ended up meeting a guy who would become my favorite member of the league. It has been a lot of fun recording 50 something (3?) podcasts with him. As much as I enjoy the podcasts, it's usually the post podcast talks that I like the most. Thanks for being awesome, bud.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

I have been most thankful for the WJC and for the great showing Team Alpine has had. With two great young GMs, I think only great things are in store for the Swiss....and the Austrians by proxy, but mostly the Swiss.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

This year, I am most thankful to my chomp chomp water dog friends in Tampa Bay for welcoming me with open arms and being such a positive, upbeat locker room. When I'm having a bad day, I can always count on something happening in there to cheer me up. I am also very thankful for the increasing camaraderie within the SHL podcasting community.

I'm also thankful for Pris but don't tell her I said that, I have a reputation of chirping her publicly to uphold.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

This Thanksgiving, I was thankful for my teammates in Anchorage and New Orleans. Anchorage for just being a swell place filled with good guys, and New Orleans for believing in me by picking me when I fell (love those "character minuses" amirite). And i cant forget the nug bois either ily

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I'm not even sure who all is involved, but I am very grateful to all the folks in HO and around the league who have been been scrambling to find solutions to the Simon T passing exploit.  I'm grateful to those who have come up with parameters to get this season going and also to those doing testing and thinking through how to solve the issue long term - perhaps with a move to FHM6 or some other sim engine.
I'm also thankful to the head updaters who run a tight ship and keep the rest of us regular updater moving forward and to those few updaters who go above and beyond - updating every team not yet claimed by others so that we stay on schedule and are ready for the next week's sims.

11-29-2019, 05:03 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: I would like to do this in broad groups then single a few people out, first and foremost Im thankful for my draft class, these guys kept it interesting in the time before we were drafted, and are some of the most supportive people on the site. Im thankful for everyone associated with the Vancouver Whalers, I count not have asked for a better junior team, and even now they are doing a kick ass job supporting rookies. Im thankful for all the guys in Hamilton, yea some of them are idiots, but theyre MY idiots and I love them just the same. I have to go to work soon (something im not thankful for) So im going to tag the people that make me come back to this godforsaken place and make it better. @SDCore @dmills3 @"luketd" @sköldpaddor @hotdog @nour @DrunkenTeddy @aaronwilson @Nokazoa @adamantium @Gwdjohnson

Wow I didn't even make the cut

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 05:47 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

I'm thankful for a lot of people that are on the SHL right now.

Regarding all of the turmoil we're going through right now:

@SDCore - thank you for taking the lead on the issue of fleshing out solutions for the possible transition. I know a lot of times you say things like "haha yeah I totally understand that" when we're talking about techy shit but you being their gives us a sense of direction.

@DrunkenTeddy - thank you for your work on FHM specifically. You've been a great source of information in general and a big help with figuring stuff out.

@esilverm - thank you for working on the index. You have a kick ass idea with the way you want to implement it!

@Tomen - thank you for doing all of the testing you have. Know that I've heard from a ton of different people that they appreciate all of the work that you've done.

@Mike Izzy @Chris-McZehrl - thank you for helping to make sure we preserve the spirit of the SHL. The magic and excitement you feel when you first join the league is something I want to make sure we preserve for as long as SHL exists.

@Eggy216 @Fordyford @ArGarBarGar - thank you for your hard work getting this season going!

Regarding general friendship

@Muford @karlssens @ErM @Keygan - thank you for being such a great group of pals to hang out with. Ya'll introduced me to a great game.

@SlashACM @"cpetrella" @bluesfan55 @Blastmeaway @39alaska39 @"luketd" - Ya'll are my bois. Thanks for all of the good times hanging out in VC.

@artermis @efiug @GeckoeyGecko @Mackkz @Citizen of Adraa @foehammer007 @Grapehead @Samee @Tate @Troy_McClure03 @acdangel @"Andybj" @"AtlasHunter" @BruinsFanatic100 @Cash savage @Off @Darkened_Rose_16 @"jfisherr" @hewasajazzman @Inf1d3l @Jabs @jjlangabeer @majesiu @ontanis @PeanutButter @StaticShocked @TomHanks @Trautner @CptSquall @ImShiny @Obsidian311 - You guys make Czechia the best IIHF federation in the entire SHL. Thanks for being you. It's a pleasure to be in the discord with you guys every day.

I wish all of you a very happy thanksgiving!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 06:01 PM by Carpy48.)

I'm not really good at this, but here we go...

I have quite a number of people I'm thankful for and it's almost impossible to list them all. It all started with my draft class when most of us were new here, then my Lethbridge teammates when I got drafted there, people I've met on team Finland and my fellow graphic guys, the goalie group and obviously my current Toronto teammates (not to forget my current and former GMs). Everyone has made this site enjoyable for me in one way or another, so in no particular order: @TnlAstatine @Fluw @Tate @JNH @ml002 @KlusteR @Mika_Kandinsky @hotdog @Julio Tokolosh @Tomasnz and of course @SDCore (I'm sure I forgot people).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I'm thankful for all the members of the site taking their time to test everything about STHS and FHM to make sure we can enjoy this league for as long as possible.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

I'm thankful for the SHL in general. I've said this before, but before I joined, I had no clue the simulation leagues even existed. Since joining, I've had such a blast! So many good people here that I've had a chance to chat with. From starting with the Crows, getting drafted by the Specters, getting selected to play for Canada, this has been a great experience and I look forward to see what comes next. Thanks SHL!!!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

I would like to thank @aaronwilsonand @"luketd" for having me on the whalers and letting me have a four star in my first season. I am also thankful for my teammate and current management for having made me captain for the second season in a row. Hopefully it won't end up being the only four star Boivin ends up with. Truly grateful for all the Whalers.  Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 06:08 PM by mxman991.)

I am thankful for many people in the SHL. @"sailingdrumstick" For making the team feel more immersive through content and banter regarding our players. @"Kalakar" for finding the time to run the sims, even if they won’t take my bribe to help Halifax win. Everyone on the team though has been so helpful. I appreciate you all!

[Image: sfOMki5.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 06:29 PM by JackHrīm.)

I am thankful for @CptSquall my wonderful brother who has helped me stay motivated in the league and as a great way to keep doing stuff together despite our opposing schedule

Im thankful for @MCP_ and @ml002 for both giving me a chance despite my previous track record

I am thankful for @thatdamnmcjesus and the rest that help with fantasy for always getting me in there when im late

Im sorry i don't know all your tags but im so thankful for all the bois in the whalers Toronto and Czechia locker room for being just absolutely amazing people to hang around with and get to know as well as all the peeps working around the clock to get our sim stuff figured out we believe in you

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 06:28 PM by Trautner.)

@caltroit_red_flames @Blastmeaway Thank you for being awesome IIHF heads. You two were mainly the reason I wanted to create in SHL, as a form of thanks for your continued loyalty and friendship and PBE, and I hope to continue to reward Czechia by creating a star player for seasons to come.

@FlappyGiraffe Thank you for taking a chance and drafting me in the S46 SHL Draft! Plenty of teams were a bit worried about my earnings potential, since I don't like to write media here, but you took a chance and while we didn't win a Challenge Cup, you were an amazing GM who led Winnipeg out of the mud.

@StamkosFan Ditto to you on helping me acclimate to the SHL. We didn't end up winning together in Winnipeg, but I'm glad to have joined the team with you and grown together on the site.

@WannabeFinn @Tomen Thank you for acquiring me from Winnipeg. When I joined SHL, I thought it would be a nice 3rd league for me to really test out free agency and bounce around from team to team. When I signed the 5 year contract to stay on Buffalo, I thought I might regret it because it meant abandoning that initial vision. Instead, I've really enjoyed being in the Buffalo locker room and it's really helped me get more invested into the league as of the last few weeks.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]