Create Account

S55 PT #2 - Equipment Sponsorship

It has been awhile since a sponsor has come knocking on my door. It used to be very frequent when I first came into the SHL but now as a Vet, most sponsor prospects do not bother because they know I am sticking to my guns and using what I want. This guy was different. He didn't force his way in with a smile and promises like the rest. He walked in, gave me a beer, and sat on my couch with me. He looked at me and said, "The New Orleans Hockey Company would like to sponsor you, but not with skates or a stick." This interested me, someone coming out and saying they want to be my sponsor but not in a traditional way. I asked him to pitch me his idea and what exactly he wanted me to do so I could say no and go back to drinking. He smiled, "We want you to use our jock straps." I about burst out laughing, fighting tears back. Anyways, now I where the New Orleans Hockey Company brand of jock straps because they are the most comfortable and they really get you with the down home spirit.

[199]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

I'll do this eventually

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Frans Eller got a call from Warrior Hockey to sponsor him. He historically has been a CCM guy, they have historically been the leader in goaltending equipment at the highest level, at least in Frans' experience. With Eller assuming the starting goaltender role for the New England Wolfpack, it's given him a level of exposure he has yet to see in his young SHL career. The Warrior representative reached Eller and they came to an agreement which will put Frans Eller in green and black Warrior Ritual G4s for the remainder of this season and the next two seasons following. It also helps out a lot that the Warrior Hockey headquarters is right here in Boston, Massachusetts.

"I am used to CCM, so these will be a slight adjustment for me, but they are very comfortable and lightweight. I can see these working out well for me."

They've already arrived and Eller should be sporting the Warrior gear for today's sim.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

With the modern world heading more and more into the future with technology the company trying to be at the cutting edge has recently signed a deal with Mikkel Asmus Sondergard for test piloting their equipment, Tesla Industries. Why would Tesla be so interested in Hockey of all sports? Well, where else can you find a sport that is gated off due to sheer cost of equipment and solely supported/ funded by rich white businessmen who get tax payers to pay for their new arenas? If that wasn’t as guaranteed as you can get for a long term/ consistent pay cheque I don’t know what is. So Tesla’s new equipment line is fashioned so that it is able to track almost every movement by the defenseman. Grip strength, speed of movements and impact factors on almost every body part. This new line will help to find the areas which the players are in the most danger of injury and general wear and tare. Tesla plans to take all this info and rework the gear to both be lighter, more durable and protective in all area required. Look for the new threads next season when MAS makes the jump to the SHL full time.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

In the past Liam Slate has been a Warrior hockey kind of guy because of the look and feels of the product. Recently, Slate got a call frm Bauer Hockey with a sponsorship offer he could not refuse for 1 season. This deal with Bauer for Slate is a prove it deal as Slate had a lackluster rookie campgain. A big season from Slate will mean Bauer will come back with a bigger offer. Slate has been using Warrior equipment for awhile so at first the change was a bit scary because he has never really worn anything else. He was mostly worried about the gloves because as a goal scorer, your hands tend to be important and your gloves need to fit right. Bauer has asked Slate to be in full Bauer equipment as well as wear Bauer apparel to the rink and in interviews when possible so like hats, shirts and sweaters mostly. Slate was not asked to be in campaigns for the company yet, but if Slate takes off this season, Bauer will try to get Slate to sign a bigger deal which will come with ad campaigns. For now Slate is expected to wear their equipment on and off the ice when in the spotlight.

Code:
209 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Mitchell van der Heijden never thought he'd really make it big time. So when he was approached by Bauer for a sponsorship that would mainly operate in Switzerland and the Netherlands, he knew he'd actually made it in the game of hockey. You see, Mitchell had never had a sponsorship. Even when he was making his name in Sweden, Switzerland and eventually the SMJHL, no hockey brand had approached him for a sponsorship. He'd use whatever stick he liked but he always wanted to get a sponsorship, and once he finally did after the S54 Challenge Cup, he couldn't have been more excited. "It was always a dream of mine to get a sponsorship, and one with Bauer, a company whose stuff I've used all the time anyways, is awesome." He got to design his own signature stick, which is popular in his home nation of Switzerland, and he is also the face of Bauer in the Netherlands. His hope is to become a Bauer featured athlete in North America.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Alex was entering the building for the hockeybrand LOGS. LOGS, make sticks. They no longer make sticks out of wood, but have instead diverged over to creating the highest quality sticks on the market. Many previous members of the Maine Timber have used their sticks, as the Portland native company loves to help out the local hockey team.

"Alright Alex, here's the deal. We're paying you 500k for using our sticks. You'll get an unlimited supply of them, but have to use them in every game. Also, show up to shoot some commercials once per season. If you do well this year, you'll get a bonus and your own commercial brand of the stick. Sounds good? Good. Sign here."
A deal too good to be true.

The swap from CCM over to LOGS was an easy one. Their style of sticks was similar, and after some trial and error in trying to find the correct blade to really fit, I was good to go.
First games with the new sticks are tonight, and I couldn't be more excited to play with my braaand new LOGS stick!

191 words

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 11:17 AM by .bojo.)

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Infinity Ward known for their Call of Duty Modern Warefare video games, reached out to Cillian Kavanagh about a sponsorship. This would highlight Kavanagh in COD commercials and even in the Modern Warefare game currently out now. In return Cillian would be paid handsomely and would receive a new custom gaming setup with COD installed. Cillian enjoys gaming especially over the COVID break so this was an absolute no brainer for him. Infinity Ward is working on finalizing details on a super secret addition to Season 5 of COD when it drops later this week. COD Warzone is opening up the stadium in the middle of the map to feature an ice rink where players are able to go in and actually go on the rink. Inside will be a cut out of Kavanagh that players can interact with. This will increase the SHL's exposure to the gaming world and will assist in the SHL gaining more interest therefore more money.

(161 words)

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 12:25 PM by Ohtaay.)

[Image: hotdog.png?width=1614&height=908]

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Hello, Luffy Richard here to talk to you about the sponsorship i have been graciously offered by....wait who the heck is Mel and why did he drop a box full of sticks at my apartment? Hold on there's a note...gimme a sec to read this...Mel is a guy I went to high school with who recently heard I talked at our old school and...I am not a low ranked winger in the league, I am a project player. I have high potential.

He wants me to use his stick because...I appeal to young children who probably won't even make their high school hockey team? I am the Rudy of hockey? I am much taller than Rudy what the heck. Welp, I guess this is Luffy "the Rudy of hockey? Richad here to tell you that if you go back and talk at your high school you may have former classmates hit you up to sponsor their products that they apparently made in their dark garage, while also giving you backhanded compliments comparing you to other athletes that had a movie made about them that was poorly placed, overly sentimental, and had all the nuance of a sledge hammer cracking a walnut.

So, if you too are mediocre, buy Mel's Hockey Stuff. Yes, that is literally the companies name.

Luffy Richard,

bye-bye

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

Igor was recently approached by Finnish company Tackla to help promote their products in the U.S. market, where, much like Igor, they'll be underdogs in a market dominated by CCM, Bauer, Warrior and others. Tackla has been well known in the Finnish market for years, mainly acting as a supplier of pants to the IIHF tournaments and local teams a like. Something about those pants just fits better. However, Tackla wants Igor to be fully outfitted in their gear, down to the jock strap. Their pitch for Igor would be a digital picture of him in his skivvies, and have an interactive website where potential customers can drag and place different parts of their gear on him and see how it'd all look. Which means, every time you go on the Tackla website, you'd see Igor bearing it all, and you get to play dress up with him. It's a bit of a weird campaign, but it gets Igor's name and picture out there, and in return Igor will get a custom line for every piece of equipment that they make. So you can get Igor's shoulder pads, sticks, skates, laces, bags, gloves and jock strap, which features Igor's face front and center. You can't pass something like this up, so Igor took the lucrative deal and will now be peddling his jock straps to all his team mates.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020, 03:07 PM by bbjygm.)

Trojan approached Slap McShotty to sponsor their new line of condoms, Second Skin. The big selling point is that they're translucent and fit so well you can't even tell you have one on. Their main advertising tactic is to have Slap walk around with the product on, and in order for anyone to see what Slaps is wearing he'd have to walk around without pants or underwear on. Slap has no qualms with switching to this new condom brand since the previous one did not approve of his pantsless advertisement, and since he was already walking around without pants then at least now he's getting paid for it. Another benefit is that it's so invisible the public can't tell he's wearing anything, so even if he forgets to put one on for the day everyone just assumes he's wearing one and he doesn't get harassed about indecent exposure with the threat of a lawsuit by Trojan hanging over their heads.

Another feature of this new line is the extreme hockey-related protection it gives the user. This can be used to enhance goalie 5-hole coverage by offering a "dangle" option, can offer an extra weapon during a hockey fight, and can even help players that lose their hockey stick by offering an alternate means of hitting the puck. Slap was tasked with showing off all the creative features he could using the new product, though I'm not sure the other players are liking this new development (since he's now getting a bigger advantage than the average player).

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 01:27 PM by notoriousTRON.)

Over the weekend, my agent called and informed me that Reebok would like to sign me to a sponsorship. This was something that I had been expecting and dreading. On one hand, it's a nice way to make some money without having to make a drastic change to my game. However, I'm accustom to my mix and match style of products that I like. I currently use a CCM Stick, a Bauer helmet, and Warrior skates. I do like Reebok's gloves and pads tho so I figure what could it hurt to give it a try? They're not asking me to do any promos or ads yet and the terms of the deal are just for the duration of my rookie season so I can always drop them after the season. It should help supplement my income a bit while I play out my rookie contract. After the season, I'll tell my agent to take a look at some of the more traditional hockey brands and see if there are any other deals available.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]