Create Account

Season 58 Hall of Fame Ceremony

04-04-2021, 04:49 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: 10 minutes to showtime
quit teasing! I can only get so erect

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

If Phelps doesnt get in we riot!

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:01 PM by KenitohMenara.)

“In your dreams”

The most common phrase used to deride those who dream big. To shame those who don’t settle for less than their ultimate ambition. The people who say this phrase are everywhere and they constantly say it. To many people with aspiring dreams, this phrase drags them down and forces them to abandon their ambitions. But for the few who stand firm against those who mock and laugh, they often find themselves towards the pinnacle of greatness.

To those who reach out for that greatness, who dare themselves to defy not just the people who mocked them but also conquered their own fears… true immortality awaits.

“Flacko Lagerfield! We will never forget you!”

“Forget Legendary Status, Mike Izzy is the true Dragon of Calgary”

“Oh good ol Joe, The league will be less without you.”

The true dream achieved, these players are immortals of our sport. Remembered forever and thanked for all they have done. If this really is all in our dreams… then we don’t wanna wake up.

And now, the Simulation Hockey League proudly presents the Season 58 Hall of Fame Class.

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Toronto. Here at the historic hall of fame building, we welcome the next class of hall of famers. I feel incredibly fortunate that the committee welcomed me once again to host this ceremony and to welcome the new legends of hockey into this building. A lot has changed in a year for me but as I walked into this building again, the same childlike wonder and admiration for the game and its legends filled me. I am proud to be back here and to be hosting the ceremony again. To the players who are seated here today, welcome and thank you for coming. And to the players who have been chosen to enter the hall, allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your accomplishments and your legacies. You have achieved the dream that every player holds dearest and even as a new chapter of your life begins, know that the stories you told in hockey will be treasured.

May your names be remembered, now and forever.

Now without further ado, let us proceed with the ceremony.

Before we proceed, the Commitee would like to congratulate the Hamilton Steelhawks  Steelhawks for winning the Challenge Cup. This season, the team proved that they were truly the best the league had to offer with an incredible 50 win season and then cruised through the playoffs, winning an intense and chippy series against Buffalo for the title. One of the finest seasons the SHL has ever witnessed.

Congratulations once again to Hamilton.

The committee would also like to congratulate the Quebec City Citadelles  Citadelles  for winning the four star trophy. To enter the den of lions known as the defending champions in Anchorage after doubts were placed upon your team from last year's disappointment is no easy task. Yet this year your proved beyond all doubt that you did deserve to be champions.

Congratulations QCC. Well deserved.

As always, the Committee performs a ranked choice voting system, this year we had 8 players receive votes for the Hall of Fame. 3 of those 8 players were inducted. Each player had to receive 35 votes from the committee to be inducted. In this class, 4 players are to be inducted. For the second year in a row, a player received over 2 1/2 times the amount of votes required which is truly incredible to think about.

The committee wasted no time getting these 4 incredibly talented players in the Hall of Fame. Before I announce the four inductees, I would like to take this time to congratulate those who were recognised by the committee but did not earn enough votes.

Trevor Wilson - 4 Votes

3 Time Challenge Cup Champion (S41, S43, S47)
Anton Razov Trophy Nominee (S43)
1000 Games Played, 341 Goals, 412 Points, 753 Points

One of the most consistent wingers to ever play in the SHL, Trevor Wilson is often described by people who played alongside him as one of the most tenacious players to ever lace them up. A 20 year career that spanned 3 different teams, Trevor’s most iconic moments would come during his time with the West Kendall Platoon, where he helped contribute to three challenge cups in the SHL’s closest thing to a modern day dynasty. His finest season came in season 43, where he would finish the year as runner up for playoff MVP.

Thank you for all you have done, Trevor.

Benjamin Blue - 9 Votes

3 Time John McBride Trophy Winner (S46, S48, S50)
362 Games Played, 166-154-41 Record, 15 Shutouts

Originally drafted by the Seattle Riot, Benjamin Blue would become one of the most consistent goalies in the league for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. One of the finest goalies to never win the challenge cup, the original BB would create heart stopping saves and incredible playoff runs from the backend. In season 50, his finest season, he would win 27 of his 43 games with 6 shutouts and would backstop the team all the way to the finals.

Thank you BB, Tampa Bay will forever remember you

Cory Knouse - 10 Votes

2 Time Challenge Cup Winner (S45, S49)
1 Time Jeff Dar Nominee (S41)
1 Time Ron Mexico Nominee (S41)
865 Games Played, 278 Goals, 385 Assists, 663 Points

Another Seattle Riot draftee who this time made his way to Edmonton, Cory Knouse made his presence felt for the Blizzard for over a decade. A key piece to both of the Blizzards championship runs, there was rarely a season where Cory eclipsed 50 points, an impressive feat no matter what era of hockey you think of. A Jeff Dar and Ron Mexico Finalist, Cory would not settled for anything less of himself or his teammates as the Blizzard broke through and won it all twice.

A Blizzard legend through and through

Thank you to all the players who I have mentioned. To even be here and earning votes from the committee is to your everlasting credit. You are a credit to not only yourselves but to the sport we all love. Once again, I thank you for your contributions and wish to express my gratitude in helping pave the road for me to have a future career in the SHL.

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen without further ado, allow me to introduce the Hall of Fame Class of Season 58.

Trevor Wilson with a thousand games. Wow.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

poor twils.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: 6QUFHd4.jpg]

Zander Rhys - 40 Votes

Challenge Cup Champion (S35)
Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner (S35)
4 Time Scott Stevens Trophy Nominee (S37, S38, S41, S42)
Bojo Biscuit Trophy Nominee (S50)
921 Games Played, 173 Goals, 468 Points, 641 Points

Last Year, Zander stood alongside Mike Izzy and Flacko Lagerfield as potential HOF candidates but lost out on his chance. This year however the committee rallied behind the North Star Icon to finally give him his just rewards. It is not hyperbole to say that the Toronto organisation owes quite a lot to their all star defender.

A Toronto legend through and through, Zander spent 16 of his 18 season career with the North Stars. Night in and night out, he would prove that he was one of the finest defenseman to ever play the game. Many doubted if he could truly make it in the SHL, saying his style was too unorthodox. They said he didn’t play the game the right way. He played the game the Zander way. His most memorable season was when he broke through the Toronto line up in Season 35, where he put on one of the finest performances by the rookie defenceman in the SHL, winning both the Ryan Jesster award as rookie of the year and winning Toronto’s only Challenge Cup.

You cannot tell the history of hockey in Toronto without Zander and now he stands amongst the hall of fame class as one of the finest defenders to ever play.

Thank you Zander. Your place in the hall is well deserved.

Congrats Rhys!!!

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤