Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical Meeting

Tactics have never really been Manny's strong suit. He's a player who prefers to play based on instinct and 'feel', as vague as that may sound. Basically, he'll leave the tactics to Chevy. 

However, with respect to his current team and their needs, Manny has been taking on the role of an all-rounder to assist going forward and backward as it's pretty clear the Grizzlies need some help on both ends with how their season started. Generally, Manny is most adept at playmaking; always looking ahead trying to make a play for his team, passing through the neutral zone, or delivering a nice saucer for Wong or Snow to bury. 

Manny is brand new to Great Falls and hasn’t quite found his spot yet and as such he and his teammates have some work to do in the chemistry department, but that will come with time. Manny knows this season will be a grind but he, his linemates, and the team as a whole are ready for the challenge and are willing to take the steps necessary to build toward a successful future.

Currently I am paired with second year defenseman Fdam Aoote. We are both a couple of big defenseman with a knack for playing defense, while having a nice little bit of offense. I feel like we are mostly going to be taking defensive zone starts, which is fine with me. Louise St Martin gets most of the power play time, which makes sense considering how good they are at moving the puck, but I think I will get a look on the second unit. I will also be getting a lot of time on the penalty killing unit, probably the second unit as well. Coach told me we would be running the good old neutral zone trap to shut down some of these high scoring offenses as much as possible, and I am manning the middle of the neutral zone. Aoote is a bit faster than I am, so it makes sense to put him back there to retrieve the dump ins from the other team. I think we have a great shot of winning this season and I am excited to see how everything plays out!

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

I was so happy to get drafted by Maine, when we were talking before the draft they mentioned that they play a strong team system and want to make sure that all new additions fit into it. I am happy to play wherever I am needed so I can make my coaches life as easy as possible. We all sat down after the draft to discuss what needed to be worked on and where I see myself playing, we all decided it is best to let the rookies find their feet with sheltered minutes and a reduced role so we can develop and not become overwhelmed. Whatever South Paw did must have worked as I ended the first day of regular season with a +3, 1 goal and 2 assists. Though I am not seeing any power play time as of yet, that's okay, it is something that needs to be earned, and I am getting an opportunity to kill penalties which shows that the coach has great trust in me as a rookie.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

Tom Pedersen, originally Left wing, plays as center between left wing Hynek Heidinger and right wing Talan Bacalso. The plan is for Talan Bacalso to score the goals, Tom Pedersen to bring the muscle and Hynek Heidinger does the rest. So far it has been an even spread of points between Hynek Heidinger and Tom Pedersen with 5 and 4 points. Talan Bacalso has made 1 point so far. He has been unlucky. The plan is to fin the faceoff, drop the puck back to defense who bring the puck into offensive zone just like Dan Boyle used to do back in the day. Tom Pedersen will fight for dominance and shooting oppurtunities in the slot while Talan Bacalso ninjas his way around to pop one in the net. Hynek Heidinger will make sure that any rebounds og pucks beheind the net is either smacked right into action or pass deep for the defensive pair to slapshot as Tom Pedersen distracts the goalie.

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

After missing the entire preseason, I'm ready to prove I belong on the Kraken roster with my pair Ka Chow. Ready to prove that I can shut down the opponent. Ready to show what I can do at the blue line. We're an offensive pair, and I'm ready to open up scoring opportunities for my teammates while making sure they know they're protected from a breakout. While I won't be hammering many shots from the blue line, you can bet that there will be clean passes into the slot and many scoring opportunities, especially on the power play. I won't be throwing many hits, but I'll still be putting my body on the line defensively by throwing myself in the shooting lane to block my opponents from even getting a chance to test my goaltender. And on the off chance the opposite team slips one into the net, we'll be sure to prove that anything you can do, we can do better offensively.

[Image: I1sSxD7.gif]

oh baby my tactics on my line are going to be so cracked. I will be taking the head of the Scarecrows hitting department. I will be laying so many hits on people that they will throw up. Our offense will be full octane run at the goalie score goals no defense in mind because me and my brother wideepeepohappy are going to be all defense all the time. Everyone is going to be shaking in their little boots when they see us running at them and skating and charging into them with full horsepower boom time. we will be known as the koivu crushers because we are both koivus and we will be crushing those we play against with big time full force. everyone will be terrified across the entire simulation hockey league knowing that we are going to hit them and beat their asses as hard as we can. be on the lookout for us to do some serious damage bang bang.

[Image: rotti.gif]

SMJHL Simmer Pt Pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Alright, so far I am on a line with another fellow rookie and an aging veteran who will see themselves leaving the team following this season. Nitro and I are the young forwards on this team and we are ready to show what we got. We are placed on the third line but are being given a whole 16 minutes of scheduled ice time. That is a lot to throw on a rookie. We are both heavy puck players and will always seem to look for the pass first. The goal right now is to limit the other team's options. We have to go out there and be aggressive on the puck. We likely will get matched with their top lines which may contain some of the leagues most prolific goal scorers. We cannot falter even one bit out there. We gotta play the body, get tight in the corners and take away any open ice we can. With a great back check we are able to produce on the other end of the ice. I look forward to scoring many goals with these guys.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

I have the honor to be running top line minutes with one of the best snipers in the Junior's this season, Mads Mcbride. For our line the goal is to create an ultra fast line that can move the puck around and get to some dangerous areas. The most important thing about our line is getting the puck to Mads. My player Nibbles fits in really well here as he is all about speed and is the definition of a play maker. In regards to special team roles look for nibbles to grow into a possible Penalty Killing role to utilize his speed for some short handed opportunities. On the offensive side of things Nibbles job is to get the puck into the offensive zone at high speed and make sure that the other team is caught off guard as often as possible. Nibbles will be using elite passing and speed to make sure all lines are operating how they are intended too.

Code:
163 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

I look to display a variety of different tactics on the ice offensively, Of course, I am looking to put the puck in the net every chance I can get. However, I also can move around and pass the puck and facilitate the offense. It will take a second for me to get used to doing so as I am the new guy in the locker room and it might take a bit to adjust to my line. Tactics as a whole are only something you can use as a basis for the game, everything is fast in hockey and can change in a split second. This is why being as unpredictable as possible is key. Never let the opposing team know what you are planning and how it will be done. This is why I shoot and pass, No one will know where and when I will do either.

[Image: gageshl.gif]

As a Goalie you must be on the same page as your defenseman as you must know what kind of scheme and tactics you are running that game. Maybe that team has a sniper who is a shot first player and doesn't like to pass the puck, so you and your team plays his shot more than his pass if he gets in on a two on one play, and it's also very important to understand what scheme you are running when you are on the penalty kill as a goalie, so you know where your help is and where you don't have help. For example, maybe your team is running the diamond PK where a high forward is set up to defend against the power play quarterback, another forward and a d-man take the guys atop the circles and a low d-man covers the slot, but the next game you may be running the box Pk where the idea is to simply shut down the middle of the ice and eliminate prime scoring chances. So, if you don't understand the scheme for that particular PK it could end up in you giving up a goal.

I'm not sure what D pairing I'll be on, but I know that we will be a force to be reckoned with. I plan on playing a physical punishing style that will keep opposing offenses away from our goal and no one will want me barreling down on them on the boards. I'll build a solid partnership with my pairing and I'll help my team continue it's winning ways this season. I'd prefer to play on the right side, but am willing to do whatever the team asks of me to win games.

Heading into my first game today I'm excited to execute whatever tactics coach has in place for us, I'm not shy about how I think I can be best utilized once we see how my season starts, but also not one to cause any issues in a locker room. Coach has the experience and I'm just a piece of the puzzle.

After a tough pre season and being shoved on the 4th line for it. A meeting got called including Malamutes GM and Percy. He was made aware that he would be moved up to the 3rd line. While keeping calm and trying to hide his excitement, as he is still considered a bottom tier forward on the team.

Being a rookie, you don’t really get to give much input on a teams tactics, so Percy was extremely surprised when the coach approached him after his meeting with the GM asking if he has any input on line tactics for his new line.

Percy, being a sniper answered with a straight forward answer. “Dump and chase and get pucks deep” he replied.

“Being a rookie, I know my opinion won’t get much look over but from my experience getting pucks deep works. Dump and chase, beat the defenders to the puck regain control in the attacking zone and set up. I like standing open on the face off dot. I think my one timer is extremely dangerous as its laser fast and accurate. Another reason in my opinion that the dump and chase strat is superior is it draws penalty’s. Grinding to get the puck, usually defenders will risk the penalty to stop the attack or a scoring chance.”

Coach seemed impressed with Percy but made sure not to give him to much credit just replied “Thanks kid, Ill keep that in mind”

[Image: YBmzhR5.png]
[Image: U66t7Jy.png]      Stars Malamutes LET FUCK GO Malamutes Stars       [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

Thanks for this one. So since I’m not on any lines, but I can relate. The knights are not doing well this season. Unfortunately a lot of that has to do with their goaltending. Though not the goalies fault, they are both rookies. So two rookie goalies behind a suspect defense is most certainly not a recipient or success. At the moment. The goalies and the defense will grow into their rolls and all will be good. I hope. As for tactics, it is more of a pray to which ever deity you believe in and get in the way of as many as you can type of strategy. It has worked as well as anyone can expect. I think the knights have one win. They have a close fifty fifty split on starts. Yet both goalies are top ten in saves. Is it sustainable? No. But am pretty sure no one would want to sustain those numbers.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

It would appear that coach is using a different tactic for Oles’ line that what he is use to playing. As a player with natural speed, typically Oles is use to the “run and gun” type of hockey as he knows he can out race almost anyone in the SMJHL. While the tempo is still high for Oles’ line, coach wants him playing a more defensive role and to set up his wingers more rather then trying to finish the play himself. Ironically by creating the spotlight on the wingers, it actually frees up more room for him down the middle too!

While it was a bit of a shock, Oles trusted his coaches and it is very clear that there’s a reason you listen to your coach. Oles is tied for 2nd most points on the team with 5 goals and 4 assists and is the highest scoring rookie for Yukon at this moment. Oles is very eggar to see what the coaches want him to do next as so far their suggestions seem to be working

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]