Create Account

S69 PT #4: Hockey School February 19th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt

Tummy Hurts became an expert ice hockey goaltender through somewhat conventional means - by going to school. At school, Tummy trained hard, learned a lot, and developed the habits he still relies on to this day that contribute to his tremendous success. Unlike other players, though, Tummy attended a different type of school to become a top tier hockey player. Rather than going to hockey school, spending time on the ice, being coached and taught by former professional players, Tummy went a different route - he attended a professional eating school. Tummy put in countless hours throwing back hot dogs, burgers, pasta, and all manner of food. He competed against his fellow students in speed eating contests, and expanded his gut many times over. All of this hard work has paid off, as Tummy has grown to an incredible size. While his tummy always hurts, he fills a significant percentage of the net, making it very difficult for his opponents to score.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

Creative prompt:

Well there is no better way to get kids engaged in playing hockey then to get them having some fun playing or during the sport. It is the best way to grow the sport. So Cale’s hockey camp would be a fun mix of off ice and on ice games and activities to ensure everyone has a chance and gets to have some fun in the process. To try and keep the fees as low as possible The Timber have graciously helped pay for most the cost up front. The weekend camp would include classroom speeches from some of the Timber players and Alumni sharing their stories of playing the game and answering any and all questions the kids might have. On the ice the games would be some scrimmages tied in with some other fun ideas like the nets turned around or trying to play posts. Just to mix things up and ensure every kid gets a chance to showcase their own skills.

WC:164

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Growing up, Axel was put in hockey schools a couple of times by his parents, however he never really enjoyed it. It was fun to get on the ice, but Axel just didn’t want to be there. He was showing a lot of promise at a young age and was already better than a lot of the kids of his age group. He complained about this, and they tried him out with some of the older kids. That was probably the best development Axel could have gotten as a young kid starting out in the sport.

He was forced to be stronger with the puck, be much quicker in his decisions and just overall have to pick up his tempo when playing the game. As a kid growing up, constantly playing with older kids this gave him an edge, and he wanted to prove to everyone that he was good, and he belonged there. So I think while he didn’t like the hockey schools initially, once he started playing with the older kids and having some legitimate competition, it grew on him, and he didn’t mind it so much.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Code:
Player Prompt: 340 words

-----

"Dad originally wanted me to play baseball like he did. Sports runs in the family, and all that. My dad's dad played soccer in Italy and won a Euro with the Italian National Team, my dad was a pitcher in the Mets system, even got to pitch a few games for the major club in his day but spent most of his time playing triple-A. I think it's natural for parents to want their kids to do what they did, but I honestly fell in love with hockey after watching the Manhattan Rage when I was a kid. Luke Thomason was, like, my f---in' idol, man. I said to my old man, I said, 'Dad, I want to play hockey,' and he looked like he'd been hit by a truck. Betrayal of the highest order. But he also knew that I wasn't going to change my mind on it. I think he figured after I got my s--t rocked on the ice, I'd give it up and just get on the mound like he did, carry on the family business. I learned to skate through one of those little kid learn to skate programs at a local rink and then immediately went straight into a learn to play camp right after. I played youth hockey on the mainland for a bit and you know, it just sort of skyrocketed from there. There were some things I was definitely natural at straight away but man, yeah, I had to learn how to do some stuff, for sure. My shot was absolutely dogs--t for the first few years of my game but my vision of the ice was pretty solid from a young age--s'what they tell me, anyway. From there, the rest is history--went to play in New Jersey in the NAHL, could've gone to the USHL. Got scouted to play at a couple of colleges but made the call to enter the draft and I don't regret it for the world."

-- Benson Fiorentini, from the February 12th episode of Port Side

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

pt pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

player prompt

being swiss, sebastien regazzoni was always going to find himself on ice sooner rather than later. he did all of the stereotypical swiss winter sports. skiing? check. luge? check. skeleton? check. ski jumping? check. but on one fateful day he turned on his television to see an old national league game from the late 1990s. and in it, he saw his father score a hat trick. regazzoni had never known that his father had played hockey, and it was something his dad had kept quiet his entire life. but seeing his dad absolutely pwn some noobs on tv made young sebastien want to follow in his father's footsteps. so he told his dad he wanted to play ice hockey. he had never seen his father that happy before. his dad become his first, and arguably most influential coach. they spent hours training at a local rink in bern before sebastien became a pro. he has his dad to thank for everything.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Ricky Koivu comes from a family that has a long history in hockey. Him and his numerous siblings are related to the former NHLers Saku and Mikko Koivu, as well as the legendary Paul Kariya. His brother, Paul, is the oldest of the group, and started hockey at the youngest age. Binko is a year older than Ricky and also influenced Ricky's desire to start playing. Paul was a big inspiration for Ricky to train hard at the sport too, and Ricky is mainly a defensive minded player through having to practice so much defense practicing against his dynamic and high scoring brother. Once his other brothers, Jolmi, Wide Peepo Happy 3 and Tommi, all became committed to the sport too, the six siblings became all determined to have the best careers they could. They are obviously not all on the same teams, being split among four different teams in the SHL, but the influence they have had on each other's careers is undeniable for sure. (168 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Miguel Hefeweizen grew up in Austria, so hockey is fairly well known there. However, it isn't super popular, and pales in comparison to that of soccer, so there aren't nearly as many opportunities for younger kids to get hooked onto the game of hockey. Unlike some players who were practically born with a hockey stick in their hand, Miguel didn't discover hockey until he was a bit older. Miguel got started when he took a trip to a skating rink and realized he could skate pretty well, but he didn't just want to skate around. After seeing a game on TV, Miguel convinced his mom to sign him up for a youth hockey league. The rest, as they say, is history. While Miguel didn't know anything about the SHL at first, he did quickly learn that he could make money playing hockey and set his sights on a career as a professional player. After years of hard work and a little help, Miguel's dreams were realized!
172 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Answering for the player prompt:

Vaseline Podcalzone's hockey origins start in his hometown of Vladivostok, Russia (yes, he was born in Moscow, but he and his family moved to Vladivostok when he was a young boy), where he would skate on the frozen ponds and rivers during those cold and harsh winters. He was skating by age three, and at age five, he was given a hand me down hockey stick and taught how to handle and shoot the puck.

The learning curve was tough for Podz. Hockey isn't an easy sport to pick up for anyone, and Podz really had to dedicate himself to putting in his best effort to make it count. Playing youth hockey, Podz was never the strongest kid, nor was he the fastest or most talented kid. What he lacked in size, speed, or skill, he made up for solely from effort alone. The SHL was an afterthought to Podz, but he took it one game at a time, and now he's found himself in the show.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Affiliate ISFL PT

Affiliate PT  username is AJW

Written Task: Tell me a bit about how your player got started in the game. Where did they hear of it? Who did they learn it from? Did they know that they wanted to be in the SHL right away, or was a long road to finding hockey? Were they a natural or did it take a lot of practice? (150+ words)

Hockey is a massive part of Czech culture. You don't need me to tell you that, you can probably gather that much from the amount of hockey players from Czechia who play in the SHL and the fact that Czechia has a team in the top flight of the IIHF, but that hockey background has so much weight in Czech culture that it has warped and changed Czechia directly due to the national team's results. Czechia struggles in the last nearly 50 years have led the people to become more extremist, xenophobic, and nationalist. This fervent passion in the national team and desire to win at all costs has lead the government down a dark and immoral path. In comes Petr, a genetically designed test-tube baby, perfected to play the game of hockey. Petr's entire existence has revolved around playing hockey and serving his country, and he has learned from the nation's greats, both in coaching and experiments designed to impart brain activity and patterns onto Petr. Also, Petr was but 2 years old when starting out in the SMJHL, so this truly has been a lifelong journey.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Boots started playing hockey with his friends. It was simple enough to start, a ball out on the field with some old hockey sticks and some fun. It went from the field in the summer, to the pond in the winter time. Boots strapped on his skates and fell in love with feeling the ice beneath him and just shooting pucks or passing pucks whether it was to his friends or just aiming at a net or a tree or whatever he could find. The passion started at home. From there Boots joined a skating camp where he was taught the basic fundamentals about teamwork and play and how to be competitive, but he always ended up back on the pond at the end of the day, practicing those skills he learned. It was on that pond Boots decided this is what he wanted to pursue. A life on the ice with his stick in his hands. Playing along side his friends and teammates completely fueled but the love of the game.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Being from the United Kingdom; starting a hockey school is perfect for the slowly growing popularity of the sport throughout the area! It won't just be an Ice Rink and some instructors it will be THE FUTURE OF HOCKEY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM! 

Welcome to Davies Future of Hockey Training School in Cardiff, Wales. This school opening in just under three months will have training for all ages starting at 2 years old and will even have a class for elderly and older people who are just interested in the sport! We have classes on how to make faster and harder shots, how to stay healthy on a high work load, turning and skating help and how to DOMINATE THE ICE! Sure it won't be too crazy or have too many bells pr whistles but I will be there to teach during the off season and so will many of my teammates over a single week during the offseason. This will be very big for the UK and I think we'll get a ton more starts in the future. Even though we're already one of the best countries for players in the SHL and world tournaments! Let's soon me #1 though!

NOW ACCEPTING STUDENTS OF ALL AGES!

Code:
212 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Graj Virrok was never really into hockey at a young age. He knew that it existed but didn't know a lot about it. Then one day, his father took him to see his first game, and he was hooked. It was just a pickup game between his father's friends and a crew from the next city over, but Graj was hooked from the moment he saw a beautiful passing play that ended up in a player assisting himself for a goal that slotted in the bottom right post. After that, Graj was hooked and never looked back. In just a year, his puckhandling skills were among the best in the pickup leagues around, and a few months later he would be considered the best defenseman in the county. He signed up for official leagues, and that was that. The extra challenge made him even better in an iron sharpens iron sense, and he never looked back on his way to his SHL career.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!