https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=576340

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

[Image: PT.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

The Whalers are preparing by going out on a boat of the coast of canada. What are they doing there you may ask? Well they're whale watching of course. That's all just whale watching. No drinking or partying for this team on a mega yacht no sir. If you think that's the case you're dead wrong, and if you think that is why they got knocked out in the first round you would also be incorrect. They just had a grand old time lookin at some whales. Blue whales, sperm whales, humpbacks all of the above. It was a great time just lookin through some binoculars at whales and resting up for the playoffs. They got some good cardio by swimming in the ocean, and had team chefs on board to help with their carefully crafted meals. THey also played some NHL for strategy pourposes (get it???) anyway good time

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

ISFL PT

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

We prepared, I swear. It may not seem like it, the way we got worked by Carolina, but we did. Sometimes in sports and in life, the effort is there, but that cant always guarantee a result. I wish the ending was different yall I really do. I thought we had them. Vancouver was the better team in the season and I really thought we had the pieces of the puzzle necessary to send them packing. But hockey is crazy with all these variables and stuff and ya never know whats gonna happen. Theres always next season I guess, but with all the practicing we did it feels like a wash. We had team bonding, group workout sessions and we were pushing each other to be the best we can be. But at the end of the day it didnt break our way and thats just the way she goes sometimes. Best believe that next time the story might be the same but the ending will be different. Go whalers all day!

[Image: nf6AAw2.png]

Our team did not prepare very well for the playoffs. For starters, our coach implemented a "no sleep till the championship" policy, where none of the players on the team were allowed to sleep at all until we won our final game! We also had "skate around the clock", where we weren't allowed to take off our Skates for any reason, whether we were on the ice or not! Our coach would even follow players 24 hours a day and throw pucks at us! It was ridiculous!

This might be the cause of Vancouvers struggles in the postseason. I know that we should always be ready for anything, but this was ridiculous! We were all so sleepy and our Skates were dull. Do you know how hard it is to drive a car in Skates? It's almost impossible! I'm hoping that we prepare better for the next playoffs.

[151 words]

The Maine timber have spent the last few days gearing up for the SMJHL playoffs, in their own unique way of preparing. Instead of just hitting the ice and practicing, they decided to mix things up and engage in some unconventional activities.

First up was axe throwing, which helped them hone their hand-eye coordination and focus. The players took turns throwing the axes and cheering each other on while enjoying some of the worlds finest Bourbon (and fresh Maine spring water for those who do not drink alcohol, which helped to build team morale.

Next, they decided to plant trees in a nearby park with local children. Growing local forests is of course important to the Maine Timber, and getting local kids involved in the activity was a great opportunity to interact with fans.

After a hard day's work, the team unwound by drinking whiskey and sharing stories, which helped to build camaraderie and trust.

Finally, the players capped off their preparation by engaging in some break dancing. This helped them to loosen up and let loose before the intense playoff games. All in all, the Maine timber's unique preparation methods seemed to pay off, as they went on to win the championship.

I mean to be honest, we prepared for the playoffs by getting ourselves in the best possible position on our side of the bracket. It's not like you get a bye by accident. The team worked hard and it showed. We finished second in the league, only behind the Maine Timber.

When it comes to on-ice preparation, we watched videos and analyzed player trends to figure out how to beat our opponents. We practiced a lot and worked to stay focused. And we know that during the games, we'll need to make changes to our tactics to stay one step ahead of the competition. It's not easy to stay ready when you have a bye, but you work really hard with your team to make the dream come true.

We've trusted in ourselves for this long, so we need to just trust that we'll get the job done when it comes to it. Time to stay limber, and work harder than ever.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Our team had a weird season, but we had a good training before "play-offs" arrived. Carolina "Kraken" went on a team dinner to spend some time together, so they can know each other better. Regular season was a long and tiring journey, so they didn't even have a time to spend together. Seniors of this team didn't even know rookies that well. However, after team dinner at sushi restaurant followed a disc golf at the center of Carolina. It helped to build up team chemistry. It was a funny and very interesting experience. Least to say, it helped to build an atmospehere in our team. "Kraken" won the first round of "play-offs" against Vancounver "Whalers" in just five games. Meanwhile the second round against Maine "Timber" series are tied at 2-2. To make it clear, "Timber" won the regular season while we finished only in 10th position. It's already a win in our books, but fight for Four Star Cup still continues. At the end of our day we spent some time in the conference room of our arena to watch some movies and drink a couple of beers. We had some multiple workouts too, sometimes even doubled as in regular season. Our way to get ready for "play-offs" were different, but very effective.

210+ words

Stars Stars Stars

The Vancouver Whalers prepared for the SMJHL playoffs in many different ways, like many of the other teams in the league they watched film on their upcoming opponent the Carolina Kraken. Vancouver had a great regular season considering the major roles many of their rookies adopted early on. Because of its young core and the fact that the majority of the Whaler players lacked the playoff experience that many other teams had Vancouver planned on utilizing a strategy that exploited their young players excess of energy and vigor. they planned to play a very fast and physical game in hopes to ware down their older more experienced opponents. Another way the Whalers were preparing for the playoffs was eating a strictly fish diet. some people call fish brain food and the Whalers want to make smart plays on the ice. Fish also have all the vitamins and nutrients that the players will need to preform at their best in the playoffs.

We prepared... Well we apparently didn't prepare well enough. Honestly it was an up and down year. We've struggled in the beginning and managed to pull out to not be complete garbage. But anyway that's not the prompt so here we go. 

We prepared by working with different lines. You know trying out a bunch of different combinations for lines both regular minutes and on the powerplay and penalty kill. Trying to see what we could accomplish with different lines to throw off the enemy. Heck, I even got to try some offense at one point. A buddy of mine, Tyler Ward I'm sure many of you know him, one of his goals was to get a goal. I scored on Jiggly. Was hilarious to see him strapped in pads that clearly didn't fit. But yeah. Honestly I don't think our prep was all that great. Which is unfortunate for some of our graduating players. But at least they won the cup last season.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Going into the playoffs, the Grizzlies had one of the staunchest defences in the league, well-trained on shot suppression at 5v5 throughout the season - but there was definitely some improvement to be had on the offensive side of the puck. In order to get us into competitive mode, coach Gibbles had some choice drills that he repeated often in the final month of the season. First, there would be a breakout drill, followed by an offensive entry drill - in order to hone our short passing play and sense of positioning in the neutral zone. We would then do a few offensive zone drills, such as a cycling drill to get us used to protect the puck along the boards, as well as odd-man rush drills to try and sculpt reflexes when the situation arises in-game. Once those drills were done, we'd usually have a reversed powerplay drill. As in, the usual penalty killers were the ones established in the zone, while the top powerplay unit would try to contain them. This training strategy did pay some dividends in the final stretch of the season, but time will tell if these efforts will be enough to get past the second round of the playoffs to the conference finals this season. (Spoiler alert : it wasn't enough.)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

ISFL affiliate +Dindog

I prepared for the playoffs by not preparing. Only by treating the playoffs the same as every other game can we reach a consistent level of excellence. As such, I went through my usual progression of activities before every game.

Step 1: Watch bloodsport. The Kumite victory of Frank Dux (as portrayed by Jean Claude Van Damme) gets me ready to murder people on the ice. But only figuratively... unless there's a fight, then literally.
Step 2: Watch Bloodsport again.
Step 3: Watch Bloodsport a third time.
Step 4: Think about how great Bloodsport is for a full hour
Step 5: Drive to the arena/get in the bus with the team for an away game
Step 6: Watch as much of Bloodsport as possible before warmups.
Optional step 7: Watch what's left of bloodsport between periods.

By watching bloodsport and truly taking in the message of martial sciences (not arts) I can truly bring excellence to the game.