Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

I honestly have no idea who should be the league MVP. So what metrics should we go for?
One could argue that a goalie with great sv% on a crap team should be up for the most valuable for stopping the super bleed.
Another could be if there's a player with a very high points total compared to the rest of the team since that player probably contributed to the team's success. So let's analyze some of those players
Theodore Svatos and Jordan Tanner stand out as a dynamic duo with loads of points on a midtable Yukon Malamutes.
Shorsey Wobet seems to carry an otherwise weak Raptors team.
Five-Hole Sieve is a very strong goalie on a weak team and seems to perform above average.
Mick Mayhem is a creative beast on the blueline and should also be a contender.

With awards, my honest opinion is that it's really a coinflip from season to season who gets nominated or wins. Just like in real life.

RETIRED

William Tree
The top point getter in the league by one point, and on the best team in the league makes him an obvious candidate, he scored 50 goals and 57 assists for 107 points, also had a good defensive game. A knock could be being on the top team and had other teammates hit close to 100 points but being the top point getter is an easy nomination consideration.

Erik Erikson
Erik Erikson has been a force on the Newfoundland Berserkers, he current sits at 90 points which is 19 points ahead of the second highest scoring Newfoundland Berserkers and the third highest scoring Newfoundland Berserker is a rookie. Not only has Erik Erikson put up a lot of points he was a physical force with 114 recorded hits and a solid 64 takeaways. Not many expected the Newfoundland Berserkers to do too well this season, although the young Newfoundland Berserkers started off hot which was mainly due to players like Erik Erikson. Erikson's great play ended up bringing the Newfoundland Berserkers up to 6th place in the league.

Thomas Sawschuk
The second top point getter in the league with 106 points on a good team and also had some really good teammates close to 100 points. Sawschuk is probably an easy consideration as well.

Code:
185 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Timber - William Tree

Tree has put up a 50 piece like Dany Heatley in '07. Not only this, but his 57 assists make him the LEAGUE LEADER in points at 107. He may be overshadowed, as he is 2nd in goals and 6th in assists, but no other league leader has persistently put up the stats that Tree has. In my opinion, William Tree is the Number 1 pick for the league MVP.

Battleborn - Thomas Sawschuk

Thomas Sawschuk may not pot as many goals as William Tree, but he has been the cream of the crop, at the top of the assists category with 68, and second to the league leader in points with 106, compared to Tree's 107. Sawschuk vs Tree in a playoff series may be something that we see somewhere in the bracket, given how explosive these two teams have been.

Goaltending and defense have not stuck out too much in this SHL season. I think that one of the two will win it - with that being said, the Timber and the Battleborn have an opportunity to win the 4 star cup. I think both players will agree that is the true prize.

Timber William Tree ~ William Tree is an obvious choice for the Most Valuable Player award. He topped the league in total points with 107 and sits tied for 2nd in goals with 50. Sure, there could be an argument made that his contributions are moot with teammates Nathan Cormier and Iliket Urtles both finishing top 10 in the league in points. However, the top point getter should not be overlooked.

Battleborn Thomas Sawschuk ~ Sitting just 1 point behind William Tree and leading the league in assists, Sawschuk is a big reason for the success of the Battleborn this season.  With only 2 players from Nevada in the top 20 in points, Sawschuk makes a really good case for Most Valuable Player.

Kraken Sith Happens ~ The Carolina Kraken finished 5th in the league this season with 36 wins. Sith Happens was in net for 31 of them. Playing the most minutes this season of any goalie, Sith Happens was relied on to carry the Kraken. When you look at the top 30 point getters in the entire league, the Kraken amount to 2 of them. None in the top 20. Sith Happens could have a serious argument for MVP this season.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2023, 03:16 PM by Jakesdy. Edited 2 times in total.)

This is my top 3 for mvp:

Theodore Svatos -  Malamutes

Svatos is a goal leader of regular season with 53 goals, he also have 38 assists. He also shot leader of the league. It's always dangerous player for opposite team. I think he will be hero for YUM in this playoffs

Sith Happens -  Kraken

Happens is winning leader of regular season with 31 wins, he is very good goalie, who saved Krakens in a lot of difficult situations. He is one of the reasons of good results of Krakens in regular season. Will he continue to play well in the playoffs ?

William Tree -  Timber

Tree is point leader of regular season with 107 points, he one of the leaders of Maine, which doing great at this moment. He is a player, which can change the game. Will he and his team can win 2-nd Four Star Cup in a row ?

[Image: M3SilsV.png]
Sig by @enigmatic

Now that the regular season has ended, here is list of the top three candidates for the MVP award

William Tree Timber

As the top individual point getter in the league while also being on the top point getting team, Tree has a very strong case for MVP. Despite this, it is worth noting that Tree's linemates are also 3rd and 7th place in scoring, respectively, so that may hurt their chances.

Theodore Svatos  Malamutes

Though Svatos does not have the high level of points that some other players do, Svatos led the league in goals and carried much of the offensive weight of the Malamutes. After all, hockey is about scoring goals, so being the league leader should make someone a candidate for the most valuable player.

James Ward-Prowse Scarecrows

James Ward-Prowse led the entire league in overall game rating and had a strong 86 points for his team. Is game rating a good way to determine MVP? I don't know but this is my list so I believe Ward-Prowse should be in the conversation for MVP.

The race for the Ideen Fallah Trophy, the most esteemed accolade in the juniors league, has intensified as the season nears its climax. Among the contenders vying for the coveted MVP title, three standout players have etched their names into the annals of this exhilarating season.

Theodore Svatos  Malamutes , a virtuoso with a hockey stick, has notched an impressive 53 goals, cementing his position as the league's top goal scorer. However, his prowess extends beyond mere goal-scoring, as his 91 points paint a broader picture of his impact on the game.

In the realm of playmaking, Thomas Sawschuk  Battleborn reigns supreme. His league-leading 68 assists and runner-up 106 total points illuminate his role as a linchpin in his team's offensive orchestration. While his 38 goals might seem eclipsed by others, his double-digit division dominance underscores his vital role.

A player who embodies versatility, William Tree's  Timber  remarkable presence cannot be ignored. His prowess spans across the board, securing him second place in goals with 50, sixth in assists with 57, and an overall league-leading 107 points. Tree's contributions have propelled his Timber squad to the league's pinnacle, a testament to his impact.

As the season hurtles toward its conclusion, the race for MVP remains a tantalizing prospect. Could it be Svatos' goal-scoring prowess, Sawschuk's playmaking finesse, or Tree's all-encompassing brilliance that clinches the prestigious award? Only time will unveil the name that will be forever etched on the Ideen Fallah Trophy, a symbol of exceptional achievement in the juniors league.

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Quote:The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?
Written Task: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 words min.)
Graphic Task: Create a graphic comparing the top 3 MVP contenders. Must include team logos and renders.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Going to go with three players for MVP:

Timber (S70) William Tree, C
It's so fitting that a guy named Tree plays for the Timber. But that's not why I think he deserves to be nominated for MVP. Maine was once again the best team in the league this season, and Tree was a big reason why. He had 107 points, which led the league, and potted an incredible 50 goals while still contributing on the defensive side of the ice, especially on the penalty kill.

Malamutes (S71) Theodore Svatos, RW
The Yukon Malamutes finished second in their division, trailing only Nevada. They scored 288 goals this season, and 53 of them came from one person: Theodore Svatos. If you consider the MVP to be for the player that would leave the biggest hole if absent, then I can think of no more suitable player. Svatos’ offensive ability is a large reason why the Malamutes were comfortably a playoff team this season.

Whalers (S71) Scary Jerry, G
The Vancouver Whalers were one of the top teams in the league this season. Goaltending was a strong suit. Scary Jerry backstopped Vancouver to 29 wins in 48 games, which is just two less than the league leader in wins this season (Sith Happens) but in 10 fewer games. Jerry's GAA was second best among starters at 3.28.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

1.      I feel like theres so shock that William Tree from Maine Timber is on many MVP. Tree has been an absolute beast this season. He dominates the leader board in points with 107 which is almost double the points Tree had last season. William Tree finished off the season with 50 goals and 57 assists. Timber
2.      A goalie is a key component for a team which is why I believe Sith Happens from Carolina Kraken is in the running for MVP. Happens was a key player for the Kraken. With 31 wins this season helps Sith Happens hold the spot for most wins as a goalie. Sith ended the season with 2 shutouts and with their second season as a Kraken, they have truly stepped up. Kraken
3. Theodore Svatos from Maine has been another player to watch this season. With 53 goals this season, Svatos has assisted Maine to secure the 8th spot in regular season. Svatos had 91 points and 38 assists this season and has been a great asset to the Malamutes. Malamutes

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

There's nothing I the written prompt which specifies that Update Portal covers 3 different players for the cream of the crop award, the most valuable player award, oh yeah there's nothing there brother!

Every time you talk to Update Portal, the answer is the same from Update Portal! The most valuable player in this league, oh brother is say in all of Sim leagues! Just imagine the Madness from the Portal taking over and running wild, oh you can't even picture it because the Madness is brewing from within! Stop and listen to it, brother, oh you can hear it! All of the Portal Maniacs out there already know it! But soon! Soon! Oh yeah, brother, soon the Update Portal madness will be upon the entire league! The Portal is going to change the league forever!

Brother, some day when all is said and done, scholars will look back on today and see the brutal war between Update Portal and Update Assistant and see how the Portal won over and became the most valuable player in all of lesgue history!

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

There are three major front runners for the current MVP discussion in the SMJHL and we will discuss them below.

First, leading off from the Maine Timber Timber , is the tree man himself, William Tree. William has been red hot as of late in the scoring column. He leads all of juniors in points and is making a magnificent late season push for the goals race against Theo S.

The second, and likely biggest darkhorse for the MVP discussion is Wednesday Addams. Wednesday, representing the Vancouver Whalers Whalers , is top 10 in juniors for points but is also leading the league in plus/minus. Look, the plus minus statistic has garnered a lot of criticism in the new age of statistics, but it still shows how a player drives the play when on the ice for their team. Wednesday may be on a frontrunning Vancouver team, but they aren’t stopping in driving success when on the ice.

And finally, we have Erik Erikson of the Berserkers Berserkers . Any player who can out Mayhem a guy with the last name Mayhem on the PIMs sheet, absolutely deserves some recognition.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Honestly, this a tough one for me to write because of my limited knowledge of hockey, but I'm having a look at the index and trying to piece together what I think could be the three candidates, and from what I was able to see, this is what I think:

William Tree: I feel like this is a fairly uncontroversial pick. He's leading the league in points with 107, with 50 goals and 57 assists in 66 games played. Those totals put him second in scoring and sixth in assists, and he did it for the team that ended up 1st in the standing for the regular season. A fantastic season that will surely be capped off with the MVP trophy.

Theodore Svatos: Again, another great offensive performance being highlighted here, with 91 points, which were made up of 53 goals and 38 assists in 66 games played. He led the league in goals and shots taken, and doing that for a team that was 8th in the standings has to be pretty impressive.

Sith Happens: i think a goalie getting a shoutout in conversations like these is always cool, and from looking at his stats in the index, Sith Happens definitely deserves the shoutout. 31 wins in 58 games played, the most out of any goalie, as well as 3rd in the saves category with 1701, and a save percentage of 0.891%. A big contributor to a good season for Carolina, finishing 5th in the standing. An overall great season!

Code:
Word counter: 251 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Personally if I were in charge of picking the Most Valuable Player Award for the seventy second season of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League I would have three players in mind and very good reasons for all of them which I am going to tell you about right now.

Number one goes to Anchorage Armada forward Tony Soprano. I would say he was the most valuable player to Anchorage this season, was top ten in the league in goals, and helped dig them out of a stretch where they lost like ten games straight. Is it a homer pick? Sure is and I do not care one bit.

Number two goes to William Tree of the Maine Timber. Led the league in points, second in goals, likely the real winner, second in my very biased eyes. A very big reason why Maine were so good again this season.

Number three goes to goaltender Net Man of the Quebec City Citadelles. Quebec only managed three wins without them in net and they were very valuable for other teams as they gave up the most goals in the league. The true MVP for helping skaters rack up points.

197 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

I'm going to analyze the players that I believe are MVP candidates for this season.
I believe the front runner for the skaters in the league is William Tree on the Maine Timber. William is a statistics beast, coming second in the league in goals (50), sixth in assists (57), top in points (107), and is in the top ten in plus minus on the rink, showing how valuable of a player he is.

William also has a ton of shots, along with other offensive stats. If this award awards offense as much as I think it does, than William sounds like the top frontrunner.

However, we also have a stellar goalie at play, and that is Net Man. This is the MVP you want to choose if you are looking for the most valuable player to their team. Net Man plays on Quebec City, which has a sub .500 record, but he is leading the league in saves by hundreds compared to his compatriots. He also has the most games played of all the goalies, showing his resilience.

179 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]