Create Account

S73 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist

PBE affiliate

At this point the majority of the STL Scarecrows locker room is made up of ISFL transplants, which leads me to believe the majority of our music would be about as stereotypical as it can get. I'm talking the classics you hear at Football Games over and over and have probably continued to hear on repeat for the last decade, occasionally thinking "My god when was the last time they updated this playlist?"

For that reason, I'm picking the following four songs as our pre-game playlist staples:

Sheck Wes's "Mo Bamba" - I have heard it at least three times at every UMich game I have been to.
House of Pain's "Jump Around" - a bit more common at basketball venues, but nonetheless a football mainstay.
Queen's "We Will Rock You" - Perhaps the most stereotypical sports song of all time.
Guns N' Roses' "Welcome To The Jungle" - See Above.

I think these should suffice for just about any sports venue, but you're destined to hear them play at least once at any football game.

[Image: hamsahoney.gif]

At the Yukon Malamutes, we pride ourselves on having a nice large selection of music from different genres mixed in with high energy stadium music that you would hear at any arena. The most recent songs added to the playlist are as follows:
Sinterklaas Kapoentje - a Dutch song shown to us by Furious Chicken, talking about the Dutch Sinterklaas, who has a holiday on December 6th who sails from Spain to the Netherlands
Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi - brought back to us by popular request due to the Leafs losing it
At the request of Langston Hardison-Laurent, an hour of the Rue Jogan Experience Podcast - known for its hyper liberal views and extreme pro vaccination stance. LHL said he wouldn't be able to play without it, so he arrives 2 hours before the game to play the podcast for an hour, with only the early birds joining him.
My Way by Frank Sinatra - Tony Blundetto is a huge Sinatra fan and has been blasting his albums on repeat since he joined the team
Ocean Man by Ween - Squidwardo Tentacles's goal song, played superstitiously as if he doesn't hear it before the game he won't score

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

There's some weird, weird things happening in the QCC locker room. Like, the kind of things that would and should make reporters afraid to enter. The kind of unhinged things you only get when there are teammates who go out of their way to annoy each other (with love.)

1. gaslight girlboss gatekeep by cybergirlfriend & baby brat. here's the thing: sometimes you just have to commit to weird, for the sake of getting hype.
2. jopping by superm. because when we jumping and popping we jopping.
3. titanic by jackson wang & rich brian. every locker room pregame playlist needs some form of questionable rap music, and this one just happens to be deeply entertaining.
4. power by exo. this is celly's personal pregame obsession song; they have to listen to it or they are absolutely convinced that they will play badly. this also means that the rest of the locker room is subjected to it, but it's got a nice message, so who cares!
5. getcha head in the game from high school musical. nobody commits to this song like a bunch of exhausted athletes, so it's great for a laugh and to help wake everybody up.

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

1. The Mountain Goats - Foreign Object: This is a song our gritty physical team plays. We're unpredictable and want our opponents to know that we would personally stab you in the eye with a foreign object if the mood struck us right.

2. Darude - Sandstorm: This is a song that pumps us up right before a face off or on a critical time out. So naturally, it also pumps us up pre-game in the locker room.

3. Beer Barrel Polka: A celebratory polka from Leonard Wood's homeland of Wisconsin. We drunkenly swing our beers after a win singing "ROLL OUT THE BARREL. WE'LL HAVE A BARREL OF FUN."

4. A Place For Owls - Do I Feel At Home Here?: This Denver emo band soothes the Colorado Raptors after a tough loss. It's also a song for when we are home sick on the road, when we feel like we don't belong anywhere. Its a long freaking drive to Maine.

5. Japandroids - The House That Heaven Built: A shout-along song that gets our blood PUMPING as we navigate our way through the season with reckless abdandon.
"And if they try to slow you down, tell 'em all to go to hell."

So the top 5 songs for the teams list goes as follows

1. We will rock you: its because it just cheers you up for a game and it just gives motivation and stuff for the games

2. this would be a finnish song called rauma rooma pariisi its very unknown unless your from rauma so it has a special connection to the team and it also reminds some players of their home (me) and it has a pretty good lyric

3. malmutes goal song: its just motivates the team to score and to play well and gives everyone a good feeling

4. Den glider in: reasoning is because it reminds the finnish players of their home and the first world championship of finland in 1995

5. next up is the final countdown and its played right before the game to like symbolize that the game is about to begin and get the players ready

[Image: cVahF90.png]

Taken from the pre-game playlist before Detroit's last win, over the 'mutes, now complete with links so you too can feel like a Falcon. 

1, playing after coach finishes the pre-game team talk: Hypnotize - the Notorious B.I.G. Traditionally the first one after the team talk is something big and bombastic, and Biggie's paean to himself fits that to the ground.
2, playing while the team finishes suiting up: Saliva - Click Click Boom. In no way the coolest, but it keeps the attitude high and is a particular favourite of the defensive corps as they get ready to light some idiots up.
3, playing as the team make their final equipment checks, re-taping their sticks and the little bits and pieces you always want to work over just that bit more: Granite - Pendulum. The energy dips a little then pushes even higher as the bass drops.
4, playing as the team file out of the locker room and prepare to make their entrance onto the ice: Bulls on Parade - Rage Against The Machine. The aggression levels stay nicely tamped high as the team gets to ready to either exact their revenge, or get their revenge in first.
5, playing as the team hits the ice for the first time: Thunderstruck - AC/DC. It's a stone-cold classic and when you've got a wheel, don't reinvent it for the sake of.

"Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor:
This classic is a go-to choice for its motivational lyrics and association with overcoming adversity. It can ignite a fighting spirit within the team, reminding players that they have the potential to turn things around.

"Lose Yourself" by Eminem:
Eminem's iconic track is all about seizing the moment and giving it your all, making it a great choice to inspire determination and focus. The lyrics emphasize the importance of giving everything, even in the face of adversity.

"We Will Rock You" by Queen:
The stomping rhythm and anthemic chants in this song can uplift the team's spirits, helping to drown out doubts and fears. It's an empowering choice that encourages unity.

"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey:
This song's message of hope and persistence is a reminder that it's never too late to turn things around. It encourages the team to stay positive and keep pushing forward, even when the odds seem stacked against them.

"Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi:
This energetic anthem emphasizes the importance of teamwork and perseverance. It's a reminder that when facing challenges, the team can support each other and find a way to come out on top.

PBE PT Affiliate

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

I mean look I'm not gonna lie and say we don't have a rule in our locker room that every song has to be boat themed. With that, here's our list.  

1) Brandy (You're a fine girl)- Looking Glass.  You don't need a looking glass to know this is a classic and this is the song that gets the whole arena rocking. Much like Caroline in Boston or Sinatra in New York, this banger takes center stage in the locker room before the game, and in the arena just before the 3rd period.  DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO

2) I'm on a boat- the lonely island. I'm ridin on a dolphin its doin flips and shit. This one goes super hard in the locker room. 

3) Come Sail Away- STYX: Another one that gets the arena rocking and the bench amped.  and this is what HE SAIDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

4) Boatz n Hoes- THE NINA THE PINTA THE SANTA MARIA ILL DO YA ON THE BOTTOM WHILE IM SIPPIN SANGRIA. Another banger with quality singalongness for the locker room to get hype to.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

PBE Affiliate:

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=642796

1. A Day To Remember - 2nd Sucks. I think this is my main tune for any hype song with any sport. It starts out with a little build and goes right into a Mortal Kombat "FIGHT" and a chunky riff. Gets you hyped up and reminds you that if you're not first, you're last.

2. Beartooth - Doubt Me. A newcomer to the playlist but huge for the team. Just goes on to talk about how people keep doubting us and we encourage them to continue to do so as we'll keep proving them wrong.

3. Falling in Reverse - Watch the World Burn. A nice banger of a track that gets the boys vibing but then ends in an absolute nasty breakdown. We'll continue to burn this world down and do whatever we can to win each and every game.

Electric Callboy - Everytime We Touch. Who doesn't want a absolute nasty cover of one of the greatest europop songs of all time. It's such a fun track to sing and dance to in the locker room and we all love reenacting the dance moves from the music video, especially the dirty dancing style moves.

5. Beartooth - Might Love Myself. A nice little song to end on with some very positive lyrics to help remind ourselves to love ourselves and what we have accomplished and what we have done with our lives. Just a happy way to end any playlist in my opinion.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

QCC is a very strange bunch of people, mostly rookies but our vets get in on the weirdness so we don’t get hype the “normal” way.

Our first song would be Boys a Liar by Ice Spice because that song is an absolute banger and anyone who doesn’t think so is just lying to themselves

We then play Barbie World, once again because who needs “hype” music when you’re a Barbie girl in a Barbie world. As long as we don’t get pulled out to do media while we’re dancing with these glasses on it’s top tier

Then Eye of the Tiger since I guess we need some actual hype before the game

And then we make a 180 and play Rebecca Black’s classic, Friday. I don’t really have an explanation for this one

Lastly we play the ultimate hype song, a song no one can ever match

Chief Keef’s Love Sosa

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]