Create Account

S74 PT#1: Poindexter Painpoints

Code:
A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

The metrics that could be gathered by worn monitoring equipment to not only help the league in various ways (maybe gambling with SHL bucks included?) but also help a player discover strengths and weaknesses that they didn't already know about is definitely worth doing.  Getting paid, even a small amount to wear those devices to get the metrics is just a bonus.  For Peanut, having a "big brother" or "eye in the sky" chaperone feel is already a normal thing for him.  Sometimes it just feels like someone else is controlling his movements and figuring out what he's already going to say.  Maybe, just maybe, getting the metrics or analysis completed while on the ice could give him a better idea of exactly why he feels that way long term.  Better yet, maybe it will help him prove the theory that jalapeño's on a stick should also get a chance to play if they wanted to...

OPTION 1:
When we look at the San Fransico Pride we know of some big up and coming names for this season. Obviously Viktor Hargreeves tops the list, but alongside him Toasty O’Bigbers is right there, Oskar Scholz and even number one goalie Sobchak Walter. And rightfully so you should be excited about these players as they all look to have large roles within the organization not only this year but for the long term future. Perhaps the one that may be flying under the radar is Logan Webb.

Yes he is a big name player, but we would excuse you if he got lost in the shuffle compared to many others. After all he is a rookie, so expectations will be low. Of the four rookies set to play for the Pride this season during the the season 71 draft, he was the third chosen. His first three junior seasons he put up pedestrian numbers in juniors. He will likely be playing third line minutes and might get to sniff at power play time.

So why should we hold out hope that this rookie has a chance to make an impact? Well during his junior career, he was the team leader in points on a low production Kelowna Team, in his fourth season he exploded on a powerful Maine team to finish second in points on the team and top 10 in the league. He finished the playoffs with the most points on the cup winning team. He has already gelled with his teammates and has looked strong during rookie camp. During the first 4 games of the season, he is already an above point per game player with a game winning goal! This kid is going to be a huge asset if not right now, in the very near future.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Option 2
Yeah, i accept it, because i think that's a great opportunity to improve the quality of montoring of stastical indicators. But, of course, if it will be safe for me. In any tests, safety must come first. Practice is always better than theory. Practical results will be very helpfull for analysts, coaches or for very inquisitive fans. Also that will be helpful for better understanding, how can some indicators depend on others, and based on them, create research and training plans. Or for determining the strengths and weaknesses in the game of a certain player or the entire team as a whole, which will significantly simplify the work of the coaching staff. Statistics are irreplaceable thing in sports. Only with it's help you can make some conclusions about any game aspects. And if it there is a opportunity to make the way to collect statistic more simpler and better quality, why don't we use it?
155 Words

[Image: M3SilsV.png]
Sig by @enigmatic

I think Meowski has always been underrated throughout his career. It has started with the draft interest that he had or in his case did not have when he started out in juniors where he was taken 8th overall. Excited to be a first round player, he felt that he was an afterthought throughout the draft process and was mainly considered a consolation prize if not one of the top players taken in the draft. He was told that Jack St Clair was the last of the high pick priorities and that the rest was going to be a crap shoot because no one was really interested in him. Obviously he was very fortunate that Maine took him and he won a cup but that is neither here nor there. He then was a first round pick in the SHL draft however this time he fell really far and was then 18th. He had gone from being a top 10 player to barely holding on in the top 20. In earlier years of the SHL he would have been a third round pick. This definitely hurt but inspired him. He has now been consistently one of the top scorers for Texas and is looking to have a big season this season as both a top player but also a top fantasy player to have

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Option 2

Since the equipment won't interfere with my play at all, it's an easy decision to accept this offer. Seeing a bunch of different advanced analytics is really cool and I'm more than happy to participate in the gathering of this data. There might be an argument for saying advanced analytics have gone too far and might ruin the integrity of the game, but I think that having the data available doesn't do too much harm. As long as the information remains public and isn't restricted to only certain teams then it puts everyone on an even playing field when it comes to consuming these stats. It also opens the door for members of the public to create tools and visualizations that could help new fans understand the game better or help data people satisfy their never-ending need for numbers. Being an early adopter of the tracking tech might help convince other players to join too and increase the pool of data available.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

PT Pass

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

Prompt 1:

King of Hockey Games Set to Dazzle!

Jussi Mutou of the Colorado Raptors has a big task ahead of him. Going into his third season in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League with a team that has finished near the bottom of the league standings twice now since he joined, he’ll look to help the team power through to a better finish this time around. But why single him out? Jussi Mutou is the most underrated player on the team. Let me explain.

Since joining the team in the season 72 draft, Jussi Mutou immediately cemented himself as a premiere player in the league. He captured the Esa Anrikkanen award for rookie of the year over such players as Sad Ketchup, teammate and 1st overall pick Xavier Beausoleil, Jani Mänty, and more.
“But Blog Man, doesn’t this mean Mutou is rated exactly how he should be?”

Oh you sweet summer child. Despite winning rookie of the year, Mutou still has not gotten the respect he so rightfully deserves. Despite being at or near the top of his team in scoring, he has yet to make an all star appearance. Jussi Mutou will look to change that with another top level performance this season.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 07:10 PM by JohnnyPatey.)

Prompt 2

I accept this offer, why you may ask? Well I was the 32nd pick for the draft that just previously happened in S74, and with that comes a smaller than average salary compared to the big dogs. Patey takes pretty much any opportunity at this point. As for the equipment, there is really nothing harming Patey from using it, definitely not the fact that Patey V2 is playing forward as a defenceman, what could go wrong. In all seriousness, Patey V2 puts on a show every night he is on the ice, even if he does not make the most of every opportunity available to him. To see what stats could come out from this could be the difference of him getting a massive contract, or a worse one than he already had. This type of oppurtunity could make or break Patey V2's career, especially looking at the long term goals, but at least it pays a little bit of money. 

Words - 165

Written option 2:

I would accept the request to wear the monitoring equipment because I, as Langston, love wearing my Hawaiian shirts under my pads for game days and practices. I am hoping to prove that the Hawaiian shirts do not hamper my performance and it is still comparable to other players. of course, I have some questions as to wear the equipment would be worn and if a Hawaiian shirt can be worn underneath or over the sensors and what effect that it would have on the data. I want to inspire many other young players and help them realize that they do not need to conform to what society deems to be "active wear" when participating in a physical sport like hockey. Langston would not really be interested in the money and might help promote the technology if they asked. However, if this data suddenly shows that Langston would be a far better player without the Hawaiian shirt on, then the science is a liar, sometimes.

WC: 165

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: SHL1.jpg?ex=655cc244&is=654a4d44&hm=f21e...152ba26fe&][Image: ZNbcj4K.jpg?ex=657c823b&is=656a0d3b&hm=3...d75e6a438&]

In the four games played in the Minnesota Monarchs, Kevin Kim scored one time. But the one game Kevin got a goal on was his absolute best offensive performance in his career when he had only one point. The game was against the New Orleans Specters and was a 5 - 2 win. Within the game, Kevin Kim got one goal and 7 shots and an overall grade of 73. And that game was in the home opener and was the first game of the season for the Monarchs. Although Kevin is 11 points behind the league leading Alex Piastri, the scouts saw great potential from the Center. As Kevin develops more as the season goes by, the scouts are looking at Kevin as the most underrated pick in the Minnesota Monarchs. His offense still needs some work but as a rookie, Kevin already looks like a professional in the defensive department probably inherited by his adaptations in the Kelowna Knights.

(160 words)

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

So it turns out in exploring the major league players who perhaps may be managing to slip just under the radar in comparison to my typically astute analysis, I managed to miss out on a player due to his temporarily deceased nature. Adelbert Steiner of the Seattle Argonauts finds himself clawing back to life in a desperate attempt to regain some composure and relevancy in the midst of the major leagues of the SHL. Will he manage to do so? It's hard to tell, but seemingly he's managed to return with a serious development in his skills on the ice, especially in the defensive realms. Looks like the young zombie is developing into a solid option as a big bodied defender capable of boxing out players who may well be more technically skilled than him through pure physicality alone. He still needs to work on some of his key aspects of his game, especially when it comes to him being able to shake off some of the grave dust and get a little more nimble on the ice as well as develop his staying power through proper cardio to get his heart beating again.

[Image: 6bdkPCS.png]