Create Account

S74 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

I think there are a few players in the mix here and it'll be hard for the awards committee to select only one winner. The obvious answers are Jeff Hunziker and Langston Hardison-Laurent for their incredible seasons to finish top 2 on the scoring leaderboards. Both ended up so close to 100 points but 11 goals ahead of the third on the list is nothing to scoff at. On the backend, Onraj Konhe and Leo Roze could make the list, both for being incredible offensive and defensive defensemen respectively. Konhe tied for most points for a defenseman and although he didn't score as often as his counterparts, he lead the leagued efensemen in assists. On the other hand, Roze with his +60 and 192 shots blocked should definitely turn some eyeballs. Rookie Song Ju-Gong of the Citadelles should also make the list in my opinion, the only goaltender to rack up 30 wins this season while not even being in the top 10 games played.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Oki. so without having done this before I'm going to do my best job to compare stats from the index. 

looking at the league leaders: 
our own Langston Hardison-Laurent (LW), from the Mutes, is leading in goals for the league, at 55, after day 18 and is not far behind the league point leader with 95 points. I believe they have a currently maxed build and are an amazing part of the team.

the aforementioned point leader is Jeff hunziker © with 97 points. they are just behind Langston with 54 goals and would be quite the contender for MVP by comparison. The are from of the Citadelles, the top rated team. 

aside from those two, the Citadelles being the top rated team in the junior league seems to produce/draft only the top rated players. They have the most players as league leaders and the most wins in the season, and it wouldn't surprise me if the MVP was selected from their team. being unfamiliar with other factors that make an MVP or popularity, i am unsure how to select other than stats alone. A Well rounded player with good points distributed rather than focused in one category, i feel, would make for the best mvp. and perhaps as my time in the league continues ill have a more thought out response and knowledge base.

isfl

I mean the two top choices for MVP are kind obvious right. Langston and Jeff are the two top contributors to their teams. Langston putting up at stat line of 55 goals, 40 assists for a total of 95 points isn't something to scoff at. Then there's Jeff with 54 goals and 43 assists for a total of 97 points. But a lot of times with rewards in leagues like this it doesn't always come down to hard stats. Even though realistically how do you measure most valuable otherwise? A lot of the time it comes down to the character of the individual as well. Are they a leader? Do they push their team to be better? With Jeff, I can say yes. Of course bias comes into play, I'm not Langston's teammate. But Jeff is a constant in the locker room with the drive for everyone to be better. 

~~Individual rewards are a scam in team games~~

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

I may be biased but I believe Bean Beanman Jr deserves serious consideration for the MVP vote due to his outstanding performance in his debut season. Despite being a newcomer to the league, Beanman Jr has demonstrated remarkable skills, adaptability, and an ability to make a significant impact on both ends of the court. Offensively, Beanman Jr has showcased a versatile skill set, contributing not only as a dominant force in the paint but also displaying an impressive shooting range. His scoring ability, combined with an innate understanding of the game, has allowed him to make a substantial contribution to his team's offensive efficiency. Defensively, Beanman Jr has been a game-changer. His shot-blocking prowess and ability to protect the rim have significantly altered opponents' game plans. Moreover, his quick footwork and basketball IQ have enabled him to disrupt passing lanes and create turnovers, turning defense into quick and effective offense for his team.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

PBE Affiliate

Credit to Meo for the sig
[Image: image.png?ex=6578da45&is=65666545&hm=61c...d8861e9fc&]

For the IDeen Fallah Trophy I want to highlight a few different players spanning multiple positions. Offensively I like Jeff Hunziker's odds. When you look at Goals Jeff is second in the league at 54 and while his name doesn't appear in the top ten  for assists he's still putting up great numbers. The combination of both has him currently leading the league in points. Some may say the QCC's stacked roster makes it easy but at the end of the day Jeff Hunziker is putting up the numbers and its hard to argue against that. Leo Roze is another player on that roster that should be getting some discussion on the defensive side of the ice. Another defensive player that should be getting some recognition is Artturi Lappalainen. Artturi is leading the league in blocked shots at 301. Buster Knutt is in second with 206. That's an unreal gap between Buster and the rest of the league. While it's very unlikely Buster wins I had to give props for his performance this year. For goalie I think we see another QCC player getting the spotlight in Lukas Konecny. Lukas is the total package while leading the league in shutouts at 6, save percentage at .917 and goals against average of 1.97. While Lukas isn't QCC's number 1 goalie which is likely to hurt their campaign, QCC is absolutely stoked to have this player waiting in the wings.

238 Words

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Langston Hardison - Laurent: If you don't have the top goal scorer in the league as a top choice, then what are you doing with your life? Probably the only person that could threaten Jeff Hunziker's chances at taking home all of the top hardware, LHL has been solid all season long. The only thing that gives him a lift over Hunziker is that while QCC is stacked with multiple players all contributing in key roles, Hardison-Laurent has been carrying the Yukon for most of the season. They are definitely my dark horse candidate for the MVP this season.

Jeff Hunziker - The odds on favorite and the man whose been running roughshod over the league from point to point. If you were to pick him to win it all, chances are you'd cover your bet. The leading points getter, top five in goals scored and a force to be reckoned with on the ice, Hunziker definitely has a bright future ahead of him. Losing the goal lead near the end of the season definitely threw a monkey wrench into a historic season for the top forward in the league but he still commands a deadly shot and frighteningly accurate passing sense. I think LHL just edges him out but his winning the MVP wouldn't be a surprise.

Eric Vanderberg Jr. - Okay this is a homer pick because obviously Vandy is my player but I think I did pretty good and lets be honest its a two man race for MVP this season. But if the League really wants to troll, pick me.

I mean, it has to be Hunziker, right? The way that Jeff has been playing has been outstanding thus far in the season. I likely think Hunziker's gonna take the whole thing, but there are some people who consider this a two-way race for first. Langston Hardison-Laurent has been on a tear right alongside Jeff Hunziker, so it wouldn't be extremely surprising to see LHL come home with the trophy.

But, what about a dark horse in this MVP race? And no, I'm not gonna throw my own player in there; La Sombra has been part of a rejuvenation in the offense of Colorado, but I don't think he's done enough this rookie season to justify an MVP title. I think a consistent player is better than a boom-or-bust, so I would throw Lily Jin Morrow's name in the MVP race. 4th in goals, 10th in shot%, 9th in hits, 3rd in power play goals, and most importantly, a very comparable season to their last one. Well-rounded, and while they don't have the flashy stats of the top two frontrunners, it'd be a very interesting pick to see LJM up there.

Code:
204 words

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

I am choosing to go with the MVP of the Nevada Battleborn as lets be honest they are the best team in the league who cares about the others! Cal Juice on the Left Wing has been absolutely electric all season long and is going to continue to help this team heading into the playoffs and am excited to see what he can do. Cal currently leads the team in goals, 7 ahead of next closest person and is 4th in assists on the team which puts him in first for points. Cal has a very consistent shooting percentage towards the top of 15.3% and has a total of 5 game winning goals putting him one behind VINsen. With the highest offensive rating on the team he is easily our offensive MVP. Now on the defensive side, I- Stir My Pudding has been a dual threat and could easily snag MVP of the team with 39 assists and 11 goals for 50 points. Also has the highest defensive rating on the team.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

My two picks for the SHMJHL MVP thus far are the following:

Langston Hardison-Laurent from the Yukon Malamutes: Leading the SMJHL with 55 goals at the time of this writing, he is trailed only by my #2 candidate which we will get into shortly. LHL has had an explosion of points this season, with only going up a minute in icetime this season as well. If there was a most improved award, I would put LHL in that conversation as well. Also coming through with an insane 21.1% shooting percentage, LHL has been having an absolutely insane season thus far.

Jeff Hunziker of the Quebec City Citadelles: Only trailing LHL in goals by 1 with a cool 54 goals, this 4th year skater is doing work in the SHL this season. With an even higher shooting percentage than LHL with a 23.1% shooting percentage, Hunziker could also be a very viable threat to take home the MVP trophy this season.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Even though MVP usually goes to the forward with the most points, I'll also add a defenseman and a goalie to the conversation. Even though Jeff Hunziker is the clear favorite, my vote would go to Langston Hardison-Laurent if I'm going with a forward. His supporting cast is weaker and only 2 pts behind Hunziker is not a lot. Yukon would probably be below 500 without Langston, Quebec would still have finished 1st without Jeff.

This might be the season Colorado wins it all and a hug factor for them was defenseman Oranj Konhe. Wasn't a cone defensively with a plus minus of +29 and 59 pts is really impressive. Closest d-man on the Raptors nearly 20pts behind.

Just Perfection is my goalie pick and in my opinion the most deserving candidate. Nevada was projected to near the bottom and the man would not allow it. 34.86 goals saved above average is just ridiculous.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Jeff Hunziker is a front runner for the Ideen Fallah Trophy for SMJHL MVP based on his exceptional performance throughout the season. With 97 points, 54 goals, and 43 assists in just 66 games, he has proven to be a force to be reckoned with on the ice. Additionally, his impressive +44 rating demonstrates his ability to not only contribute offensively, but also defensively.
Hunziker's consistent dominance on the ice has been a key factor in his team's success this season. He has consistently been a top scorer and has helped lead his team to numerous victories. His work ethic and dedication to the sport are evident in his impressive statistics and his team's success.
Overall, Jeff Hunziker's outstanding performance this season makes him a clear choice for the Ideen Fallah Trophy for SMJHL MVP. His hard work and dedication to the sport have been instrumental in his team's success, and his impressive statistics speak for themselves.