Create Account

S75 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2024, 11:31 PM by Ohtaay. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Stavros Kondos
Position: Center
Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Theo Kondos
Full Discord Username: ohtaay

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Probably something to with fantasy sports, or directly related to the oilers. I am a big sports fan.

Waffles or pancakes?: This one 100% on the toppings. but just basic, pancakes. Delux waffles.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: yeah of course - logical thinking only.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: 100% - always supporting!

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Nothing new, play ball hockey year round and big fantasy sports guy!

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Not a huge reader, more of a podcaster. Bad friends podcast!

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: An active team, everything else falls in line with that!

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Not a huge pokemon person, but Squirtle.

What video games do you play?: Right now mostly warzone and fall guys!

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Hmm good question, an Aussie maybe? Personally id love a golden, but I don't think im that goofy.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Player Name: 3WW Wingmate-Roc
Position: Winger
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen, found through SaladKale
Full Discord Username: lemonoppy

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): idk, not many for SHL, maybe like 2, but separated into small chunks 

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: octopus or sotteuk

What made you join the SHL?: Gonna tamper people to my isfl team

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: I'm pretty happy with where I am, I would go back to university and make some different financial decisions 

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: else if as an anti-pattern

Waffles or pancakes?: waffles

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: yes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: auction off the rest of the equipment too, gloves, stick, etc

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Magic the Gathering per use

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): in very recent times I've really enjoyed Player Manager as a fun romp 

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: active LR 

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: I think totodile is cute and so is sewaddle

What video games do you play?: not much, don't have the time for em. Used to be a lot of Minecraft and Factorio

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? I got a pom so I'd like to hang out with my dog as a pom
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024, 07:23 AM by NUCK. Edited 3 times in total.)

Player Name: Will Nuck
Position: RD
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Brock Nuck was my last player but Bubba Nuck is the player I am most proud of
First-Gens: How did you find the site?
Full Discord Username: NUCK1 or NUCK ( Ryan )

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Lots, I only work twice a week and of those 2 days I have lots of time to spend on my phone.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Boil it in sour kraut

What made you join the SHL?: I just love hockey and simulation games. I have a broken back so I am limited in my physical abilites but I love sports, I guess you can say I like to live through my sim worlds what I can not do in real life.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: I would travel back to the creation of the pyramids, I am very intrigued on how they were built and I wouldnt mind meeting the aliens who constructed them Wink

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Something hockey related, maybe on the Canucks and Rangers Stanley Cup Finals.

Waffles or pancakes?: Absolutely waffles!

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes, there are to many living things around to experience it, that it would be impossible to pretend it dosnt.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Sure

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: A Song Of Ice And Fire mini's game, 40k, Magic and freshly back into the sim league life.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Alcoholics Anonymous handbook, some tragic stories in there and its just so raw and real.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Good LR activity, without it you miss 70% of the potential fun of the sight. Hockey is a team sport and that is just as true with the SHL

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Squirtle, because hes adorable.

What video games do you play?: RDR2, Skyrim, EA NHL, Madden, FHM, Magic Arena, BattleTech, XCOM

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Boxer, I maybe hurt and physically impaired but if I wasnt I would be full of energy and very jumpy

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024, 08:11 AM by bobdigi9. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Matviy Cajabi
Position: Right Wing
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen (heard about it on a podcast)
Full Discord Username: bobdigi9

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 30-40

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: sausage sizzle (my Aussie counterparts will understand)

What made you join the SHL?: I love hockey and this looked like a new/fun/different/creative way to express that love. As well as meet new people and make new friends. 

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: to San Dimas High School to make sure Bill and Ted make their presentation. 

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: my love and appreciation for Coheed and Cambria

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Do you want me to sign it? LFG

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: very recently got into comics. been playing a lot of darts. tattoos. 

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): House of Leaves. Unique and mysterious. Was recommended by a great friend so it holds sentimental value for me as well. 

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: the interaction with the rest of the league/players/gms

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Pikachu. Classic for a reason. 

What video games do you play?: retro. old school NES and Sega games if I'm playing anything. when I had a working console, I pretty much exclusively played some iteration of EA NHL. (xbox died a couple of years ago and haven't got around to replacing it)

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Shiba Inu (the internet tells me it's the most "cat-like" dog). I'm not a cat or dog person, but I only have cats at the moment so I'm trying to be diplomatic with my response Tongue

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

HO

Player Name: Max Belcher
Position: LD
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen
     How did you find the site? Reddit - r/EANHLFRANCHISE
Full Discord Username: xjoverax

GM

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc):
Define free. I have plenty of time in the day to do some things I like to do, but not the kind of time to do whatever I want to do.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?:
Split down the center long ways and tossed in the Microwave.

What made you join the SHL?:
Impulse. 

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?:
I am anti time travel so I can't dabble in these hypotheticals.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:
The rise and fall of MySpace.

Waffles or pancakes?:
Crepes. Sorry.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?:
Nope. A sound must be heard.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?:
Sign me up. Anything that shows kids that they deserve to be comfortable with whoever they are.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?:
Video games: EA NHL and NBA2k offline franchises. Keeping up with the sports and their happenings.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included):
Instruction manual for my air fryer. Very informative.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?:
I feel like some level of immersion would be great. Obviously we're all real people outside of our players, but treating these players like real people and portraying those personas some adds a layer of fun.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?:
Ponyta. It was my first pokemon card. 

What video games do you play?:
EA NHL. NBA2k. Bannerlord. Lots of time on Bannerlord. 

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:
Is a wolf a breed of dog? Probably not, so a Mastiff. For the enlarged heart.

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Player Name: Cade de Vries
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen
     Recreates: Who was your last player?:
     First-Gens: How did you find the site?: Through Friends/ISFL
Full Discord Username: Ultimatedestroye 

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): For the SHL, around 3-4

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: On a grill, and do a little grilling of the bun, and add some relish

What made you join the SHL?: I wanted to get into another sim space for friends and people to hang out with

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: The Escapists 2

Waffles or pancakes?:Waffles, have better storage for syrup, but pancakes can be absolutely supreme

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: yes, its science

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Match the auction price and donate the same amount of money

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: ISFL, Gaming

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Big Nate books, honestly just for the sheer joy they would bring me as a kid

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Good community presense

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Snivy, first starter ever for me

What video games do you play?: CK3, Fights in Tight Spaces, Jagged Alliance 3

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Whatever my dog Bo is, a rottweiler that also wants to be a cute little pup sometimes
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024, 02:00 PM by EricNCSU. Edited 1 time in total.)

01-22-2024, 05:50 PMBadWolf Wrote: ONLY S75 SMJHL Rookies (S76 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. This is NOT for people who got drafted into the SHL (S75 SHL Draftees).

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

6 TPE for completing all the questions.

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

Code:
Player Name:
Position:
Recreate or First Gen?:
Full Discord Username:

SMJHL GM Questions(14 Questions)

Code:

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:

Waffles or pancakes?:

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?:

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:

Deadline: The start of the S75 SMJHL draft

[Image: hudson.png]

Player Name: Thomas Hudson
Position: Center
Recreate or First Gen?:  Recreate
     Recreates: Who was your last player?:  Eric Hudson (did try to recreate before but lasted a couple weeks before IA)
Full Discord Username: EricNCSU

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 4-8 

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: On a stick over a campfire

What made you join the SHL?: S53 Reddit Recruit. Love hockey, fantasy and roleplaying

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: American Civil War (just to observe, not affect anything)

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Beer Fermentation

Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes at home, waffles out.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes.

I would volunteer or donate money to the charity to show that it's more than just a performative display.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Collecting sports cards and memorabilia

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): This is impossible to answer.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Fun and support. Winning and losing is secondary.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Charizard, dunno, just one of the original badass pokemon.  New S&V starter Feucoco is cute as hell. 

What video games do you play?: FIFA 24, No Man's Sky

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Golden Retriever....... squirrel!

[Image: hudson.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 05:14 PM by CreHuf8. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Chuff D'Lee 
Recreate or First Gen?: FirstGen
Full Discord Username: undeerclover 
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 40-50+
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: castiron or grill
What made you join the SHL?: interest in hockey and roleplaying
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: No, its best to set your sights on the future
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Heat transfer theory 
Waffles or pancakes?: Eggs Benedict 
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: absolutely 
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Yes, and id be upset if a teammate didnt
Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Gardening and manga
What is the best book you have read and why? ... Unsure
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: respect and community 
What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: bellibolt, silly tank
What video games do you play?: Smash Ultimate 
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: irish wolfhound, big chill and loyal

01-22-2024, 05:50 PMBadWolf Wrote: ONLY S75 SMJHL Rookies (S76 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. This is NOT for people who got drafted into the SHL (S75 SHL Draftees).

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

6 TPE for completing all the questions.

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

Code:
Player Name: Carter Stankoven
Position: Winger
     First-Gens: How did you find the site?: looking up on google
Full Discord Username: .phoenix_rising.

SMJHL GM Questions(14 Questions)

Code:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 6+

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Grilling

What made you join the SHL?: Myself

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: 2020, so i could relive the new decade

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: my school year

Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: I am only wearing warmup pride jerseys

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: video games, cooking, walking

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Diary of a wimpy kid

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: meeting new people

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: clodsire, because he is not everyones fsv, but he is mine, hes underrated

What video games do you play?: NHL 24, Madden 24, EA FC 24, Minecraft

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: corgi

Deadline: The start of the S75 SMJHL draft

[Image: SwvYrXP.jpeg]   

Ahh

Player Name: Robo Sven
Position: Right Wing
    Who was your last player?: Sven Svechnikov
Full Discord Username: steveoiscool
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): I do SHL stuff at work, so 40+
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: anyone who says anything other than boiling is a monster
What made you join the SHL?: friends
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Back to when bitcoin was a couple dollars, for obvious reasons
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: the failures of capitalism
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Bet
Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Magic the Gathering
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Huge fan of any Forgotten Realms stuff
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: A good locker room can carry a lot of weight in rough seasons
What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Blastoise, he's got fuckin cannons in his shell
What video games do you play?: BG3, holding my breath for Dragon's Dogma 2
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Lab, I just wanna lay down and not do anything for a while

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Player Name: Peppi Giuseppe
Position: Right Wing (left-handed)
     Recreates: Who was your last player?: N/A
     First-Gens: How did you find the site? Kanye33 referred me
Full Discord Username: joey.poggers

A lot...

On the grill - nice and crispy.

My brother asked me to join.

Game 1 of the 1999 Stanley Cup Championships - I am a life-long Sabres fan so it would have been nice to see them good for once. Only game 1 though, since it was an OT winner.

How my favorite NHL team has tried to turn things around in the last years.

Waffles or pancakes?:

Waffles with lots of butter and syrup.

It does.

I would be happy to wear the jersey; although I do believe everyone should be entitled to their opinion - as long as it is not harming others.

Video gaming, fishing, and hockey.

Lord of the Rings is my all-time favorite. I just remember being a kid and playing outside with my best friend, using sticks as swords to kill the orcs.

Community. A kind and helpful team.

Gyarados - even though the Magikarp starts off weak, it's about the journey and self-growth that lets you become powerful.

Chel, Madden, Apex, CoD, World of Warcraft, Dota, Palworld (not in order).
If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:

MinPin. I have one and I love him to death. He is always happy and enjoys the little things in life.

Player Name: Oswine Spudster
Position: RW
     First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit 
Full Discord Username: spreads15

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 3

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Grill

What made you join the SHL?: Want to win 

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Anytime the sabres were in the playoffs, ya know to see the sabres in the playoffs

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Probably hockey

Waffles or pancakes? Pancakes

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Of course 

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Wear it to the game and hope they win

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Poker

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Hunger Games

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Coming together to win

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Pikachu cuz he the OG

What video games do you play?: Counter Strike

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Golden Retriver

Player Name: Scar Bealey
Position: Hockey Player
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Joe Kurczewski/Xavier Doom
Full Discord Username: JKortesi81

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Too many, and yet not enough?

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Charcoal Grill.

What made you join the SHL?: My love of hockey.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: I'd go back a couple of decades to invest in as much Disney/Apple/Amazon stock as i could to be super rich now.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Why Hamilton Ruined The SHL.

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles. They're superior simply based off the little "syrup/butter" cups each internal square creates.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: "Fuck Dem Kids.", and then smile and participate.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Sim Leagues.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): All of the Harry Potter books, probably.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: The Friendships We Made Along The Way

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Gengar. Love me the Spookies.

What video games do you play?: Halo mostly.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: I'd be a pitbull like my adorable little girl Bayley.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Player Name: Connor Simard
Position: LW
How did you find the site? On google
Full Discord Username: alex996888
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 6-9
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: The Grill
What made you join the SHL?: i love field hockey And I love the concept
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?:at the age of 14,when I played field hockey 4 or 5 times a week
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: hockey
Waffles or pancakes?: pancakes
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Sure
Any hobbies you've been into lately?: video game
What is the best book you have read and why? It’s been too long I can’t answer the question 
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: respect for all people 
What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: pikachu because it’s pikachu
What video games do you play? nhl 24 fifa 24 and simulator game
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?  A Pomeranian is full of energy and beautiful sound