Create Account

S75 PT#4: Spooky Fat Guy Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

As my player gazes at the young skater, the weight of legacy and the passing of time wash over me. With a sense of reverence and responsibility, I step forward, addressing the child with a voice that carries the echoes of every rink I've ever played in.

"Remember this, young champion," I begin, my tone both solemn and encouraging, "the ice beneath your skates is more than just frozen water. It's a canvas where dreams take shape, where passion meets purpose. With every stride, every shot, every fall, and rise, remember the love that brought you here."

My gaze locks with the child's, a silent promise passing between us.

"Cherish the camaraderie of teammates, for they will be your brothers and sisters on this journey. Respect your opponents, for they push you to be your best. And never forget the joy that first brought you to the ice."

A pause, then a final piece of wisdom:

"But above all else, let your love for the game burn brighter than any spotlight, for it is that flame that will guide you through every victory and defeat. You carry the hopes of many on your shoulders, but know this: you are never alone. The spirit of hockey, of perseverance and passion, lives within you."

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Option 1

Take it easy, and don't worry too much about anything, just enjoy it and keep working on you. That's really all there is to it. Just need to keep showing up everyday and make this whole experience 1% better for everyone as much as you can. Sure, other people might work harder some days, or might be a brighter influence in the room, or be a better player at times, but that doesn't have to be you. All you have to do is contribute what you can, and don't stress too much about anything that you can't. If you were supposed to be somewhere or do something, you probably would be, and if you weren't it's not a big deal. There is always next time. No reason to worry too much about anything or get worked up or burn bridges or push too hard and burn yourself out or something. Just keep going at your own pace, and be comfortable and happy with what happens. Just accept that you are you and you can only really do as much as you can, forcing more than that isn't going to help anyone in the long run.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2024, 04:43 PM by ephenssta.)

Option 2: Ultimate frisbee is the ultimate cross training sport for hockey. It focuses on quick movement, pivoting, and is a great cardio workout. Most importantly, it is a ton of fun. IStir MyPudding hosts regular pickup games at the park nearest his house. As his legend has grown in the SHL, the number of people attending has doubled, going from 3 regulars to a whopping 6. Legendary stuff. MyPudding has just about always loved a good game of ultimate, though, dating back to even before his high school days. It was a big passtime among his youth group in his hometown and he just never really forgot about his love for this particular sport. He claims that participating in regular ultimate games, if combined with his new pudding product, WILL lead to unparrallelled gains.

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

I would tell that young player, who carries with them the hopes and dreams of every child who plays pond hockey and never makes it to the show to "remember to have fun, enjoy the sights and sounds and take it all in when you can." I firmly believe in my heart of hearts that we don't pause enough to "enjoy the view" as it were, we are always rushing to the next thing. In hockey, that is from practice to the gym to practice, to a game and in the league we do that 66 times a season. No matter the career you have, whether you are a first ballot hall of famer or an enforcer fighting to remain on the team; always try to take at least a moment every day to realize where you are. That you are living the dream so many wish they could attain, doing what you love and what makes you happy.

Option 2: Salzberger definitely like to cross train, because it makes offseason training so much more enjoyable than speeding half a day inside at the gym when the great outdoors of his home country of Norway lies there, offering plenty of opportunities to practice a lot of different sports. Twice a week, Salzberger joins one of his friend’s soccer team for the summer where he usually plays as a full back which means he has to do a lot of running which is a good way to improve his endurance while still having fun, since there is a soccer game involved and his competitiveness take over. Another sport that Salzberger practice regular during the summer is kayaking. Salzberger has a lot of lakes, rivers and fjords that are not too far from where he lives where he brings his own kayak, put it in the water and goes for a nice kayaking session. Kayaking helps him train his arm, shoulder and back, because of the roaming motion.

165 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Option 2

Bean trying out some wrestling
[Image: E3hfdBA.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

As described in several SHL TPE writing over the years, Hugh trains thought out New Orleans and the surrounding area. This training often involse several other training methods other than ice time. Such swimming the Mississippi Delta and surrounding swamps and lakes and rivers such as Lake Salvador, Lake Maurepas, Red River, Alchafalaya River and of course the mighty Mississippi river. Mr. Manius is known to run for several miles of country road in the surrounding Louisianan country side, in some of the most humid areas in the country. Occasionally Hugh will Bicycle ride up and down ten and ninety between New Orleans, Raceland and Baton Rouge. During all these adventures Hugh is sure to stop at any nature hikes he comes across in his journeys. Additionally, Hugh puts numerous hours work in to the of chasing tail up and down bourbon street. Those are some of the few ways Hugh Manius cross trains for his SHL career.
Words~158

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Option 2:
That time Ryu Jones was playing for the Japanese Men's Olympic Volleyball Team.
[Image: TeMSrxB.jpeg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Option 2:

I've always focused on my hockey training, but I still loved to play other sports just to keep things fresh and reduce any type of burnout. I've found, I really enjoy using the off-season to take part in different sports and use those as a way to stay in shape and active outside of the hockey season.

I've really enjoyed playing soccer on my off days. In the summer, my friends and I make a team and play in the rec league by us. I love it to keep my cardio and stamina on lock and also keep the competitive juices flowing slowly. It's a great way to get some time with my buddies as well. I also just love to play the sport and it works out perfectly to have this opportunity. Ever since I started, I've noticed I come to camp in a more prepared frame of mind and can really hit the ground running compared to summers before playing. I definitely think players should look into mixing in different activities if possible. It keeps you fresh and clears your mind from the rigours of professional hockey life.

(190 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

In the realm of hockey, cross-training can be a valuable asset to players looking to enhance their skills and overall performance on the ice. Many hockey players engage in activities beyond the rink to improve their physical conditioning, mental toughness, and agility, which are all essential components of successful gameplay. Some players cross-train by participating in other sports such as soccer, lacrosse, or basketball. These sports offer different movement patterns, strategies, and physical demands that can complement hockey skills. For example, soccer helps with agility, footwork, and spatial awareness, while basketball enhances hand-eye coordination and quick decision-making under pressure.

Multi-sport athlete training is incredibly advantageous in not just ice hockey, but every sport. Increasing your muscular strength, flexibility, mobility, and explosiveness is able to adapt and translate to other sports as they are foundational in hockey and other sports such as lacrosse. Hand-eye coordination is extremely important in every sport, training it in different ways whether it be hitting the driving range for golf, passing and throwing a football, dribbling in basketball or soccer, or cradling and passing in lacrosse. One of the best sports that can help with hockey training is box lacrosse. Playing throughout the majority of the hockey offseason, Lacrosse's stick skills can translate well to hockey as well as rolling off of bodychecks and setting a pick, explosiveness, checking, and work ethic. Lots of high level NHL players have played lacrosse and switched over to hockey and translated their skills. Most notably, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Nieuwendyk and John Tavares.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

Option 2, Written Task:

My player does actually cross-train a lot. Next to the aforementioned inline skating in summer my player does also just generally do a lot of strength and conditioning training to keep up the muscles and make sure that when he is getting hit he actually is not just falling down like a sack of potatoes. Because next to skating ability strength is also important. The next big thing is cardio: Cardio is immensely important to keep that ice time up and not be out of breath at all times, especially if you eat like JJ Frankie JJ. Burgers are important to his diet. His cardio regime includes a lot cycling, mostly in the gym and one of the best cardio trainings there is: Swimming. While he hates to have to avoid all the looks at the public pool it is a very important part of the training and he tries to get at least a couple sessions per week in to keep the cardio up.

165 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

What is there to say to the next generation of playyer--nay, what is there to say to yourself? What would a young Roger Murdock like to hear? Maybe "pursue aviation, it's your real passion in life," but that seems like a long shot for this kid. What are the odds he also likes flying planes? Maybe "get into basketball, you'll make more money," but that still just doesn't feel applicable. This kid seems like he enjoys hockey, gets the sport, and is good at it. He's already sitting there waiting for this random ghouly adult to say something, so its gotta come out soon. Follow your passion seems to basic, live life to the fullest is even worse, evil goblin noises are a bit too far on the other side of the spectrum. In the end there's only one thing this kid needs to hear from the current face of the Kraken 3rd line.

"Get ready to learn defense buddy"

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]