Create Account

PT 2 - Training Days

Charlie Schieck is more of a pranker than a prankee, and Militia training camp proved to be no different for the young man from PEI. He wasted no time in freezing fellow rookie Rafe Ulrich’s skates in a block of ice. His former teammates from Charlottetown commented that this sounded like classic Charlie antics.So how does the Militia coaching staff feel about rookies terrorizing each other with pranks? It’s actually a tradition in Montreal for the rookies to exchange pranks in a competition to pull of the veterans favourite prank. With that you would think that someone with a reputation for pranking would do well in such a competition, so Charlie Schieck would be the assumed favourite to win. However, Schieck couldn’t pull it out in the end. Harvey Danger ended up stranded in BC with the task of defecating in a Tim Horton’s restaurant, and for that Joey Treadway was crowned the clown of Montreal’s S41 rookies. Charlie Schieck has looked good on the ice in training camp though, where Treadway disappeared once the training part started. Schieck commented that he was much happier to impress his coaches than his buddies. The pranking continues in the Militia locker room every day, and morale is high in there.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Code:
230 Words

Training camp! Geezus Kryyst reported to training camp after applying for an expedited passport from the US government. Absolutely terrified he would miss rookie orientation and have his contract canceled, Geezus Kryyst made it was able to make it just by the skin of his teeth through what can only be described as divine intervention.

Geezus Kryyst was well aware that he was going to be backing up Freddie LaFlame for the foreseeable future. An up and coming goalie himself, Freddie had a bit more experience under his belt. To make a good impression, Geezus brought donuts and wine and left it in Freddie’s locker. It didn’t seem to have the desired effect because as soon as Freddie saw Geezus he screamed “ROOK! Get over here”. Geezes took a step forward, “FASTER! Turn around!” LaFlame bellowed. Geezus ran over and within 10 seconds he felt a slimy and slightly sticky feeling on his head, neck, and down the back of his sweater and pants. Geezus jumped. “YOW!” he exclaimed. “What the….!. Geezus shoved his hands down his pants to try and clean some of the sticky mess from his pants. It was raw eggs. Quite a few of them by the feeling. “Do not change. Do not wipe yourself… or you will regret it” LaFlame laughed.

Geezus shrugged. He’d heard of rookie hazing before. It could be worse, I guess?

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Cameron Carter has evaded being punked his entire life, and is not one to be dealing with little children behavior within his locker room. Sure, he does have a partying issue after games-- Much like his father who never lived up to the hype, but seems to be a hard working kid on the ice. At times. Though some fellow teammates have made attempts, Cam has been able to swerve all of them. How? He just has a good sense about things around him that is not limited to just hockey, and the pranks pulled on him have been quite basic even if he has been unable to point out the one plotting. Someone had tried to fill his skates up with freezing water, but good old Cam always gives his skates a shake so he had no surprise to worry about. Another had unscrewed his water bottle but he had spotted that a mile away, just using a different bottle. Once he found all of his sticks broken, but his father makes personal sticks for Cam so it hardly an issue as he has some spares within close distance. Mundane for some, but Carter won't ever let himself get pranked with ease.

Code:

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

On Johannes Bauer’s first day of training camp he was overwhelmed with all the testing he was put through. As someone who didn’t spend much time in the weight room he was embarrassed when he struggled on the bench press and with his deadlifts. He thought the team was disappointed with his efforts but then again what were they expecting when they drafted the tiny Austrian winger. When he finally got on the ice for practices and scrimmages that’s when he impressed. His smooth stride and elusiveness with the puck was evident to everyone who came out. The physicality of the games was a step up from what he experienced in Austria but he came out of the first few games unfazed by the change. On the last day everyone from camp went through interviews with the head coach and the scout who first found them. Johannes Bauer was the first one to be interviewed because the order was alphabetical. Johannes went in nervous even though he was a second round pick. He couldn’t imagine what he’d do if he was cut from the Scarecrows. After the interview he wasn’t shaking anymore he came out pumped up. Johannes made the team and was just radiating joy.
206 words
Johannes Bauer Scarecrows

After making the long flight from Austria to Colorado, Nico was ready to spend his time meeting his teammates and getting to know the area around where he would be living. As a smaller player, Nico was worried about some pranks that he could be the target of. On the first day at the facility, Nico met his new partner on the blue line, Maui. Upon first meeting Maui, Nico was very intimidated. Being a shorter person, and meeting such a large human, Nico was worried that he might be beat into the ice. After a while Nico quickly learned that Maui was one of the friendliest players on the team, and he was thankful to have him as a partner.

The next day Nico explored the hiking around Colorado, as he had heard so much about it. Nico was sprinting up and down the mountains, as getting in shape for the season was one of the most important things to Nico, who expected to play big minutes this year. Overall it was a very positive experience for Nico, and he learned a lot from the veterans on the team. Nico got in shape and hopes to be a veteran presence for future rookies at these training camps.

208 Words

I headed into my first pro training camp after being drafted by the Colorado Mammoths. It was quite the experience and not only because it was my first camp.

First of all, they were renovating the locker room and putting up all the new logos and repainting after the brand change so there were workers everywhere. We didn't even have a floor when I first got into the locker room. We had to put our skates on some benches set up near the ice.

Next up was learning all the names of my teammates. Luckily there were a couple of us new guys so we stuck together and got to learn the ropes together. The vets were real accommodating and helped us figure out how to get around the training facility, where some good spots were for pre-game dinners and other helpful tips to getting used to living in Denver.

That's not to say we didn't get our hazing. There was the old shaving cream in equipment, Icy Hot on the inside of your shoulderpads, Super Glue on your locker so you couldn't get your street clothes out, the usual.

It was a great experience overall, and I feel like the team building pranks and actual working out will help us have a successful season.

Code:
215 words

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

It had been a long road to the SMJHL from Sweden, but it was finally time to step on the ice with my teammates in St. Louis. As we exited the locker-room for the first skate of the season, it was a heart-pounding experience but the veterans on the team assured me it was all good... we would take it easy the first day. Myself and Toran got on the ice first and skated hard for a lap, only to find out we were the only ones out there for a good crowd of fans around the boards... an amusing prank, as the team & coaches got their laugh in and finally stepped out. Little did we know that hadn't started yet.

The pucks were knocked over the boards and we began ringing them on net, as expected. Bauer and myself noticed a smaller pile of pucks on the visiting team bench and decided to investigate. Another bag of pucks! We assumed they were left behind from last season so we emptied them out.... and made an enormous mess. Everyone roared in laughter, as we realized they were not pucks at all. We had just created a grand mess of frozen coal all over the ice. After many laughs and a brief break it was time for business and work.

Quote:Words: 220

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Can't prank him if he doesn't even show up to training camp. At least that's what the vets learned when they looked for their new #2 overall draftee that they expected to arrive during training camp in Vancouver. The problem is that Buck Maverick never showed up to training camp at all. In fact, nobody on the Whaler's team has really seen or heard from him since he inked his rookie deal a day after he was drafted. To say the Vancouver Whalers leadership is furious is an understatement.

Some of the more seasoned veterans have gone on record calling Maverick a "bust", "lazy" or "not a team player". We tried to reach out to Maverick's agent for a comment but were also unable to reach him. But we did learn that while his teammates were in training camp that Buck Maverick was actually spotted at a nearby public skating rink doing his own training, with figure skaters. Yes the 6' 4" 240lb defenseman known for his strength and voracity was actually working on his ice skating technique with figure skaters. All we can think of is that it worked for Happy Gilmore when he trained by playing miniature golf? Except that was a movie and not real life so no, this is probably not going to work at all.

[Image: L3tGU51.png]

After being drafted by prince george, karl hopped onto a plane that took him to the city. It was
much different from the rest of the cities he had been in. The city had its own unique charm to it that the bigger ones lacked. Not long after he got settled the camp started, nervous since he knew nobody at camp he kept to himself through most of the first day which was conditioning. It was a good hard skate which helped Karl get more acquainted with his new teammates, many who were rookies like Karl. The next day was much better for Karl as he began to talk to his teammates more and felt more apart of the team. This was mostly through the drills they did, helping Karl know everyone's names and preferences on the ice. For the first two days no pranks had happened but that changed on the third day when Karl got several texts saying that the practice was moved two hours earlier than scheduled, so he woke up to find nobody was there, so he left his stuff in the room and when he came back after getting a coffee it was all on the ice. Soon he could see a couple of the veterans laughing from the otherside of the rink. Karl though this was pretty funny and got his stuff and waited for the rest of the team to arrive.

Rowdy Smithers was able to escape unscathed for the most part. The first training camp with the team was memorable considering how excited Rowdy was for the beginning of the season to start. Heck, he was excited for preseason and no one likes preseason! Rowdy struggled a bit during the first few drills and had to ask lots of questions as the team began the warm ups but slowly and surely got a good feel for some of the new movements and things he need to do. Everyone had a quiet determination about them and the team captains really set the tone for training. Rowdy could tell that the team had a ‘work hard play hard’ attitude when it came to life. On the ice, it was all work and extreme focus on getting better and in the locker room it was light hearted and easy going. After the first day of training camp, Rowdy thought he had escaped without any hazing or pranks by his fellow teammates. However, the next day he came back to his locker cubby completely filled with peanuts and plastic wrapped to the top! It was a site to behold and the other teammates laughed so hard at Rowdy’s look of disbelief. All he could say was “good thing I’m not allergic to peanuts!”

Scottey Crawfling was thrilled to be drafted by the newly rebranded raptors, due to the chance to train with one of the great smjhl goalies, Grim Wastlund. Wastlund has had a stellar start to his career, and surely will be an impact player in the SHL one day. Crawfling hopes to follow in his footsteps, and sees Wastlund as a mentor and god tier practice partner. Grim has helped Scottey settle in with the team and has shown him the ropes of being a goaltender in the smjhl. However, Scottey may have become a little too complacent and trusting of his goaltending idol. During a full scrimmage Crawflings team finally brought the puck into the offensive zone after a grueling shift. Crawfling was gassed, and reached back to take a swig from his water bottle. Keeping his eyes on the game, Crawfling goes for a refreshing mouthful of H20. He keels over, eyes watering, and pukes on the ice. Good ol Grim got to his bottle before their first scrimmage against each other. Instead of water, Scottey inhaled some shit tier Skol vodka. Now Scottey is friendly with the greenery, but he's a big time lightweight when it comes to liquor. While Scottey was attempting to rally from unexpectedly throwing up a double shot, Maui carried the puck through the neutral zone and casually dumped it over Crawfling and into the empty net. Point Wastlund.

[Image: Crawfling2.png]

ha. training camp. so i show up late, as usual... i can never find my fucking keys. someone bought me one of those tile bullshits where you can call your keys, shit doesnt work half the time and the other half im callin my phone from my keys in my pocket. so, whatever. everyones already on the ice, notice a couple of familiar faces from the draft... i think maybe tokek, herb, those guys. but ya know, i see it right away. im obviously the odd man out here. where im from most these kids couldnt come out for a few brews after the game. i get we’re in canada but shit, i’m seasoned. so... i’m an outcast? nothing i aint used to. but i just kinda stuck to myself and did my thing, which seemed to confuse most of them. i mean, i didnt have much experience before i got here and it was apparent. it didn’t take much time for them to offer up some advice, to show me something a little different, and it really helped tighten up my game in areas that i wasnt aware of. it was appreciated and opened me up a bit. by the end of it we were all joking around, raggin’ on each other, raggin’ on ourselves. maybe that was more me. but regardless, it felt good to brush some of that initial anxiousness off and be able to get out there and work as a team, and have some fun while we were at it.

255 words