Create Account

S46 SMJHL PT 6 - Highlight Reel

First career point
Aaron Wilson picked up his first career assist in the very first game of the season. Whalers at home against Halifax, 3rd period at 9:53:
Jeremy Chen passes the puck to William Goose for a one timer - shot misses the net. Wilson retrieves the puck - wrist shot deflected by Goose, stopped by Mike McKorsy with a rebound. Genghis Con sets up another one timer and Goose can’t miss the open net, Whalers score.

First career goal
Aaron Wilson went pointless for 6 games after his first assist but he finally got his first goal and he did it at home against Halifax (again). First period at 12:07:
Genghis Con blocks a wrist shot by Josef Kubinec. Quick odd-man rush by Vancouver. Con pass to Russo, pass to Wilson – shot misses the net but Aaron gets his own rebound… Score! Whalers lead 2-1.

Game 5 against Detroit Falcons
Whalers outshot their opponent 38 to 24 in this game but Falcons’ goalie made some incredible saves and Detroit won 3-1, thus eliminating Vancouver. It was a heartbreaking loss for the Whalers, especially for their many rookies, but after the game the team vowed to train hard all summer and come back much better next season.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

My first point was on my highlight reel. I actually had a pretty good game (my first of the season) and made a really nice pass to Cant Eykhill for the first goal in a game against Kelowna. I was so happy to have my first point, and the fact that it occured in the last 10 seconds of the period was pretty cool. It was a great buzzer beater.

My first goal of course was on my highlight reel. I was incredible in this game, getting +2 with my line dominating possession, and me sniping one top cheddar because of Boom/Boom and Dinars Briedis. Everyone was so happy for me, too.

The third one was also my first ever goal. Considering my player is all about the goal scoring, I have to put this also on my highlight reel. It was the greatest goal of the season, and everyone understood what kind of force I am once they saw that puck go into the net. I am so great.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 08:06 PM by BDonini.)

Marco Selman’s S46 Highlight Reel 

Hot Start
Although Marco Selman didn’t have the best season overall, he kicked his SHL career off to a great start with 8 points in his first 17 games which was on pace to have him finish in the top 5 rookie scoring.

Playing on a line with Martijn Westbroek
Just a couple games into his SMJHL career, Selman got the bump up from the 4th line to the 3rd line where he got to be on the wing of star Dutch prospect Martijn Westbroek. Martijn is one of the best rookies in the league and is expected to be a top 5 pick in the upcoming SHL draft making playing with him a big honour for Marco.

Playoffs
After his disastrous end to the SMJHL season with only 3 points in his last 30 or so games, Selman finally got to experience the SHL playoffs for the first time and it was a great experience for him as he did well with 3 points in 5 games, despite his team's early exit.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: bclD7fn.png]

[Image: twzgGwK.png]

[Image: grayhd.gif]

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Being drafted
It's always a huge unknown if and when you get drafted so being 16th Overall and being drafted to the Whalers is something Raanta is very proud of. Being a big unknown at that point, he definitely didn't let his GM and his team down and continued with his stellar work on and off the ice. 

Whipping Wibbly McButternutz' ass
It was at 16:10 in the first period of the second matchup in their playoff series between the Vancouver Whalers and Detroit Falcons when Center Sami Raanta had his first fight of his career. And not only did he win his first fight, it was against a guy known for his toughness - big Wibbly McButternutz. Although the Whalers lost the Series, they were able to win that game 4-2. And the fight definitely lit some fire under the asses for Raanta's fellow Whalers.

Playing for Team Switzerland (Schwösterland) 
Sami Raanta transferred to Team Switzerland to play in future IIHF tournaments. While he was born in Finland, Switzerland is the country his father comes from and where he grew up in. In addition to that, Raanta was nominated to play for Team Schwösterland (Switzerland, Austria and Germany) in this year's WJC which obviously is something he is very proud of.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2019, 09:49 AM by Steelhead77.)

My highlights from this season would have to start with being selected 1st overall in the SMJHL draft by the Halifax Raiders. What an honor to go 1st in such a great draft class, I was humbled and excited to see my name first off the board, they even made me a special 1st overall graphic! My family was in town for the draft and it was a special night for the Parmborg's.

I'd say my next highlight was becoming part of the Halifax locker room and meeting all my new teammates. Everyone seemed very excited to have me on board and welcomed me with open arms. Soon after that many of them changed their discord names to Parm related themes, which was hilarious and made me feel even more welcome and loved. What a great group in Halifax.

My third highlight would probably be starting to finally contribute solild offense in the playoffs with 7 points in 13 games. Even in a losing effort, I opened the scoring early in game 6 against St.Louis, an elimination game and led the team with 5 shots on goal. We eventually lost the game in OT but I was happy to score a big goal on a big stage when needed. I'm primarily a set up guy, but it's nice to score goals also, especially in the post-season. Overall it's been a very fun season playing for Halifax.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Juulius Smonk had a very forgettable first season in the SMJHL, having only put up 9 goals, and 8 assists, for a total of 17 points in 50 games played. For a rookie, these numbers are respectable, but similarly isn’t what Smonk had anticipated achieving in his first season. Despite this, Smonk will continue to play hard and improve his game, and is looking forward to a more fruitful run in the SMJHL playoffs in Season 47. Smonk’s team, the Colorado Raptors, had an unexpectedly difficult season in Season 46, resulting in a last place position amongst the league with an 18-26-6 record for 42 points in 50 games, for reference the next worst team had 6 more points. The Raptors had a lot of unexpected holes in their roster, having to deal with call ups and the like, but the Season 45 rookies on the team like Tokolish, SixNine, Kruger, and Smonk, will likely be returning for another shot at SMJHL glory.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

I have prided myself on creating signatures for my highlight moments, and hope to one day look back on them as a shitty self-made collage of my accomplishments and experiences.

My first highlight was being drafted. Although this happened to literally everyone that is on this thread, the excitement of sitting up watching a terrible youtube stream listening to elevator music and hearing your name butchered by a bloody british bastard added the smack of reality that i was looking for. As a human behind a keyboard, it meant that my cartoon cow had a perceived value (second round!) and that others who also believe in this thing saw me as a tool to their possible success. sorry raptors. As a simulated cow, being picked 14th overall was a tremendous honor, and validated the training and side work necessary to contribute to a team at a competitive level.

My second highlight was my first SMJHL point. i believe it came in my 22nd game, despite playing meaningful minutes. I was literally the last on the team to tally a point, despite my TPE and a capped linemate. It was a big "get the monkey off of the cow's back" moment, even though i knew that I had ultimately disappointed the team in my point production and depth value. there was a lot of doubt that went into my build and getting just one gave me enough confidence to trust the process.

My last highlight was taking the Raiders to seven games in the first round of the playoffs. although there was steady chatter about undeserving teams in the playoffs and the current structure not rewarding the right teams, it was still fun to compete for something higher. Although most wouldn't consider this a highlight, bonding with the team during that final chase was very special to me, and having the older players get called up immediately following our loss cemented the strong feelings within the locker room. i will continue to work on a signature celebrating these bonds.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Falcons  Josh Driver S46 Highlight Reel  Falcons

1. Contract Controversy 
After missing out on the SMJHL entry draft, Josh Driver was able to join the league by signing with a team as an undrafted free agent. After receiving a few contract offers, he decided to sign with the Vancouver Whalers. Shortly after arriving in Vancouver, however, the contract he signed was deemed illegal and was voided. Vancouver lost their rights to him and he ended up signing with the Detroit Falcons instead. 

2. First Career Goal
After initially trying to sign with the Vancouver Whalers, Josh Driver ended up scoring his first career goal against the Whalers instead. While the Falcons would end up losing the game, Driver notched his first ever professional goal at the 11:32 mark of the third period. The goal was assisted by fellow rookies Savoli Tankovic and Wibbly McButternutz. It was Detroit's first goal of the game after they fell into a 2-0 deficit. 

3. Playoff Experience
The Detroit Falcons finished the season in ninth place, meaning a round one match-up against the 8 seed in the playoffs. The 8 seed just so happened to be the Vancouver Whalers, who Josh Driver tried to sign with and who he scored his first goal against. Despite Vancouver being picked as the favorites, Detroit won the series in five games. In round two, however, Detroit was swept by the top seed Kelowna Knights. It was nine games of valuable playoff experience for rookies like Driver, though. Josh scored a total of three points in the playoffs.

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...entry69733

[Image: giphy.gif]

First Game - After I was signed by the Whalers mid-season, I had to make the flight from Pittsburgh to Vancouver the same day. It's safe to say that I made the game exactly on time. I got to the rink right as warm-ups were starting and only had about 5 minutes of warm-ups before I got to meet the rest of my team. Also being reunited with my bash bro, Jax Duggan.

First Home Playoff Game - Skating out onto the ice to the loud Vancouver fans will always be engraved into my head. To this day I still get goosebumps when I think about it. It also reminded me how lucky I am to play in such a historic city with such a bright future.

Final Playoff Game - Having to say goodbye to my brothers for the year was really sad as this locker room became my home and my family. But the Whalers have a really bright future and have championship intentions. I'm really excited for next season and the season after that. We have a lot of active rookies so our core is set and primed for winning.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

With the season coming to an end and the playoffs starting to wind down to the great finish, the memories of this year for Morris IV would be indented as the start of a new dawn. Here are some of Herry Morris's Highlights...

First Goal - It was Game 19 of the season and the Militia were playing The Armada, 3rd Period with 2:22 mins up on the clock. Morris IV goes up for the shot and it goes in being not only the first goal he ever does but also the first goal after the 2nd Period that would close the gap between the teams, 2-3. Of course, Montreal would still go on to lose this game and not close the gap but it still made a big moment in Morris's career that would be the start of something new for him.

First Game - Going back a few weeks earlier, Morris would play for the first time with the Montreal team ironically enough against the Armada. In this game, Morris would give four clean hits, one shot on goal that would be deflected and 2 mins in the box for hooking. While it wasn't a spectacular first game for a player just coming into the minors, it was a game that at least set the stage for what Herry would expect from here.

First Playoff Run - Going into the present day, Herry Morris IV would go on a big playoff run with the Militia that would die in the last round before the four-star championship. While it was disappointing for the run to die in a big move on or go home series, Morris is at least thankful that he and team even got this far.

I did a lot of cool things this season, but my number one coolest thing this season was putting on a Scarecrows Jersey for the first time. It made me feel amazing and it showed that all the hard work I had put in was finally showing. In my first career SMJHL game I scored my first goal and it was the first goal of the season for St. Louis Scarecrows. This brought me a ton of excitement because I had many friends and family in the crowd, and it was good for them to see me producing on the ice. My third favorite moment wasn’t a specific moment in time, but it was over the course of the season I was able to become friends with many of my teammates and these types of friendships are ones that can be carried into the SHL and create potential friendly rivals among us.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

The first highlight of my season was stepping onto the ice with my new teammates on the Lethbridge Lions. I got a small taste of the SMJHL last season in Halifax last season but I didnt really play much. In Lethbridge it became evident immediately that I was going to play a big role with the team, I was averaging over 20 minutes a night right off the bat! It felt great to know that I was going to be an important player for my new team.

The second highlight was meeting up with my old teammates in Halifax. They smoked us on the ice but we had a ton of fun after the game and it was great to see them. I went out with Troy, Perry, Jimmy & Matt after the game and it got pretty crazy. I still don't think Troy knows who I am...

The final highlight of my season was the post-season run. While it didnt go as we were hoping, it was awesome to play important minutes in such a high pressure environment. We truly thought we were going to win it with Patrice in net. Truth is we feel that we should win every single game with such a quality goaltender.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]