Create Account

S60 Championship Week

1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Living your life trying to avoid a multi billionaire is hard. For Tanjiro and his battle with Muzan, being a pro SHL player is difficult. He has gotten the worst photos of him taken, including women almost naked thrown into the car with him, claiming that he picked up prostitutes. Or when he has to help his sister live her life and thier are awkward pictures taken. However becoming a fan favorite has become dangerous for fans of the Platoon. Because of his wild hair, some fans try to dye their hair like his and even replicate his scar with make-up. This makes them prime targets for Muzan's demons. when he isn't on the ice, he has been protecting fans which has been a constant nuisance when he just wants to focus on hockey. On the flip side though, he has found a new love for crab dip. Living in Baltimore, its been the best place for him to eat with all of the crap dip that is everywhere which has allowed him to try different kind of seafood that he wouldn't be able to find in Japan.

Code:
189 words

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

I think if I were to make a Pokemon SHL team, there are some players that I think would be obvious. the first is Lyle Odelein (probably spelt wrong). Every pokemon team needs a pokemon that can take a beating, and he's it. I think for him playing on a team that relies so heavily on him, has just trained him up so high. Also being effective in 5 vs 5 and the PP and PK means that he probably has high Special defense as well as regular defense. I would also take Mitchen Ven der... something to be my heavy hitter. In speed running you usually set up a pokemon to one shot everything and he would be it. What is great about pokemon as well is that you can nickname them. I think for me I would veiw it as trying to catch pokemon on Victory road which are usually higher leveled then early pokemon and who you usually use to replace pokemon that you caught earlier anyway.

Code:
170 words

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

Every team should make the playoffs, period. Although I was a new user now 7 years ago, I can still remember my first playoffs. (Damn do I miss well written PBP's). What kills new users is downtime. I completely get burning simmers out especially now with the live sim. But that's why we have multiple simmers, and back up simmers, and file workers to make the job as streamlined as possible. If we were tell new users that there was nothing to watch for multiple weeks and not just after they were eliminated from the playoffs, how would they feel? A lot of teams in the SHL make playoffs so new users won't be scouted till the playoffs are over. I think its more important that new users get as much SHL as they can to get them to buy in before not making the playoffs as a season user.

Code:
150 words

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?

I think Chicago deserves to be here 100%. They have been my team to make the finals repeatedly and they have been so close in the last couple of season including having won a cup recently. While I think once they age out, their will be a big downfall, they deserve their chances at a cup before that is up.

60 words

b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?

I think the continued dominance of Buffalo is what is so impressive. They have survived multiple expansions recently and still been one of the strongest teams. while parity and super teams are something that the league is fighting I think we will see rather soon. Eventually a team has to rebuild. This last expansion may finally put a hole into Buffalo but we won't be able to see that for the next few season. I think Chicago is impressive but they built well although I think their team is nearing an end

92 words

c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.

This is an easy one. I hate the Berserkers goal horns, regardless of what they choose. For some reason they always seem to pick the most ignorant or irreverent goal horn they can find. While I get they want to be cool and try to stay new, their only identity for their goal horn is that it is annoying and unneeded. I wish they would find something cool that they would stick with.

73 words

d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

I think Monkey D Luffy will go down as the best Buffalo player as well as just one of the greatest players of all time. Even as an aging veteran Luffy put up 58 points this year. In the last three seasons he has amassed 200 points alone. with a season of 73, 80, and 58 this season. He is an ageless wonder that will probably play until the skates break his feet. (or whatever hockey players say). He is someone that I think all players should know about and has been a truly special player

96 words

PBE affiliate
+3

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 10:42 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

Code:

Code:
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

I definitely think that the SMJHL should keep the format of everyone making the playoffs. I really dont see a reason against it. THe SMJHL is about including everyone and teaching new players about the SHL and getting them involved, so shutting out a group of new people because they just happened to get drafted to a bottom team doesn't seem all that fun. Give them their chance, as low as it may be, to upset one of the top teams. and the top teams cant complain as they get to most likely pad their playoff stats against an easy punching bag opponent.

Code:

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

So given that i am writing this the day before the final round robin sim day i am going to do my predictions off that. the current bubble teams are USA, Germany, and Great Britain in group A and Czechia and Switzerland in Group B
Starting with Group B as thats the group further apart i think that Czechia will come out on top. The only way Switzerland makes it is if they beat the top two teams in that group in Canada and Finland, so if they do beat them then no one can complain that they didnt earn it.
Group A has 2 spots left, and the games line up in the most interesting ways, USA and Germany play eachother, so who ever comes out on top of those games will take one of those spots, though USA does start with a 1 point advantage in the standings, and Great Britain plays Austria and Sweden, and most likely they will need to win or at least score points in both if they want to come on top
For a prediction i think that the USA will stay in for and beat Germany in both games, and Great Britain will beat Austria and Sweden to secure their own place in the medal rounds

Code:

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

a. Of course neither of these teams deserve to be here. Chicago only got past us in the west because they bribed the league so we only got to play them on their home ice during the regular season, not giving our fans a chance to get into their heads before the playoffs, and of course Buffalo only won because kal secretly resims the games and men in black minds wipes us every time he has to redo it

b.  i think Chicago's ability ( much like Toronto has done as well) to rise up through the cluster fuck that was the great lakes division into a top team is very impressive, but Buffalo's ability ( and Hamiltons as well) to convince other teams to help them keep their power house of a team after all these years is also a good testament to how good of a front office they have

c.i know alot of people love Buffalo's logo, but for some reason i dont love the dual color logo, and i know thats weird to hear coming from the grey scale team, but i dont really like the green Buffalo. And then for Chicago i have never been a fan of realistic human faces for logo's, much like Montreal or Minnesota, i much prefer the less realistic like New orleans or Texas

Code:

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

So of course recommendations have to go to both goalies in Elizabeth Doyle and Mat Smith, both played great series and did alot for their teams. If just between those two Doyle does squeeze out Smith in both Save percentage and Goals against average. but for an actual recombination i think that Buffalo's younger players in Alexander Roach and Steve Harrington deserve a nod for MVP. Harrington got a hat trick in the final game to secure the cup, and Roach performed well all series and playoffs. but if i had to decide i think it would go to Alexander Roach for his consistent performance on both ends of the ice that series getting both points and shot blocks

Code:

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Tex Tex Tex

Code:

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086713

+3

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Code:
Affiliate Task, 3TPE
PBE

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Toast

Code:
a. Yes, these teams deserve to be here. As much as I'm sick of seeing Buffalo in the Finals I can't deny that they are a talented team that deserved their place in the Final and eventually the Cup win. Chicago has become a force as well and will definitely be in the next few as well I'm sure.

b. Chicago. While their free agent and trade acquisitions have stirred the pot a bit, they have had the harder time building the team that would get them to the Finals this time around. Buffalo has the star power but at this point it's just boring to see them in the finals. They have made some solid picks like Hair but I have to give it to Chicago.

c. Chicago's goal horn using the haha doesn't sit well with me since it's something that was established in Newfoundland. I'm hoping the team will find something else that they can use for their horn but I have to say that Good 4 U is an excellent choice for the song. They just need a better intro.

d. Martin Westbroek has been a force every season for Chicago and shows no signs of slowing down. Definitely hard to say that anyone else is the most impressive player there. Buffalo has a ton of stars but with Hair's goals in game 7 I'm sure it's safe to already start calling him the best to play in Buffalo.

Code:
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.
There are already plenty of players in the league that may not change if everyone was switched over to Pokemon. Having connection to Manhattan and Maine I think I could assemble a solid group of Pokemon-like players just from these two teams! Duncan The Walrus turns into a fierce Walrein. Juni Panda becomes Pangoro, Melvin the Moose turns into a Sawsbuck and Adelie de Pengu becomes an Eiscue. Those three off the bat alone start a fierce ice-type team I'm sure that I could make a run for the league with. My strategy would be to train these four to level 100 even if it took days of training. I think my skills as a coach would benefit well here as we plan training regiments for each Pokemon. We could then cruise through the threats of other trainers or gym leaders and eventually take over the world! Along the way I'm sure we would find some others to join the team as well.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 10:41 PM by TheSparkyDee.)

CW 16/ 16 

1. The ups and downs were so bad for the Winnipeg Aurora, we could not figure out how to score and stop A lot of goals going in. I wish it would have gone better for the GM and Co- GM before they decided to step down. I wanted to go out with a bang for their last season. But it just was not the answer. And this team just was not ready. We were young and we were low TPE. We try to do everything in the power of FHM, but it was not enough. You could see that it was going to be an awful season when our goalie Strom… and last season he had such a good season. But got lit up this season, I have no idea what happened but it happened. Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. I hope we start winning soon, like really soon! Please. 

5. The new SMJHL playoff format is something that will be exciting to see, but also strange to see. It is going to be a fun experience, but I will miss the seasons where everyone made it. But things have to change and we have to adapt to that change. I hope my team the St. Louis scarecrows will never have to not make a playoff, that will be my goal to make sure they all get to play in a playoff series. And maybe try to win the four-star cup. If I can get one cup that will be the greatest thing to ever happen in my SHL career. I just want to win. 

12a. I do not like any teams in the challenge cup other than my team the Winnipeg Aurora. But I do Think that the teams that are in the Finals. They deserve it for working so hard and having the better team. Now buffalo being there so many times, it has gotten very annoying. But at least it’s not Hamilton. 

12b. I think it’s pretty impressive though seeing Buffalo there that many times in their career of being a team in the SHL. But Chicago being in there only a few times, it is also a very cool thing to see because they are not here a lot in the finals. I was rooting for them but unfortunately they lost.

12c. The one thing I have to say that bugs me is that I wish we could update the logos and maybe make them cooler. The ones that haven’t been updating them while could be updated and made more fashionable, and hip and cool as all the kids are saying these days and then we can have the logos dab on them haters.

12d. I think Zakkira Diporov is the best player. Going from a hitting hockey player to a goal scoring hockey player. He is going to be better than everybody on that ice in Buffalo and in Chicago. He deserves to be fighting for a cup. And hopefully we can see that soon in Winnipeg if they can get everything correct and get a team that will win.

15. Word is: Sparky 

16. We first went out to a fine dining restaurant called McDonald’s. Luke orders chicken McNuggets and likes to have dipping sauce with his chicken McNuggets. But I told him it’s too expensive. The money that I stole from him has been put away and so I have zero dollars on me again. So he has to settle for a four piece chicken McNugget from McDonald’s with barbecue sauce and he only gets one barbecue sauce because I can not pay the extra 25 cents for extra sauce. A small fry and a small Coke cola. Sorry luke, but you are a cheap date. 

17. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3085224 +2 TPE

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 11:09 PM by 5ympathies.)

Code:
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Something very extremely horrible happened to me this season. I didn't win the cup. Not only did I not win the cup, Buffalo won and when I played with them we lost in the finals, to the team that I was on the season prior. I think I've lost in the finals like 4 times now, very unlucky. I still also believe I should have won the Razov over Jess, but whatever. Also Patty just left our team to go to Chicago which is a big time simonhmmm from me. Very suspicious, but what can you do. Also I have no place to judge as I did the same shit to Hamilton last year, but I'm still judging lowkey. I had an insane amount of goals in the playoffs though which was nice. 10 goals in 14 games I think, something crazy. I can only imagine that if we had beat buffalo and made it to the finals I would have received another Razov nomination. I think at this point, given that I stay with Atlanta, my only way of making it into the HoF is to play 30 seasons with these easy regression rules and just force my way in.

Code:

Honestly, I've been playing Pokemon Go again recently, I played a bit in 2016 when it came out, but stopped after a month or so because it wouldn't work properly on my jailbroken iphone. But now that nobody jailbreaks shit anymore, I can play it properly and it's decent. The point of me talking about this though, is that there are so many fuckin pokemon that I have never in my life heard of before. So if you're asking me for advice, I can't give you shit. All my top pokemon are ones I haven't heard of before. One of them I've seen in the show: it's a grass fairy looking one. She's a beauty. But all the rest, I swear are just made up for this game. Haven't even seen them on TV. Right now I am angling for a gyrados. I'm getting close to the amount of required candies: you need 400 which is crazy but I only need 50 or so more, so that will be super sick once I get it. But yea, to answer your question, I would just be a gym leader and pwn kids tryna get by. Just absolutely dumpster them.

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Congrats to Buffalo. I'm actually decent'y happy they won over Chicago, I actually like the team despite how people on the site here think. I am very envious however, that we lost in the finals when I played with them, and unfortunately was a casualty of the cap. Wish I played there still instead of jeffie, but whatever. Could not tell you, who the MVP of the series is, didn't watch a single game, and didn't even know it ended honestly. My MVP for the series is me, because I had 10 goals in 14 games, truly sustainable because I'm just that good. Just over 100 words, but I'll stick this in just in case there are some issues with the contractions. Dick Clapper for Khan.

Code:

clapper

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Me and Luke are going to Arby's in Ohio with Drew. Apparently it's better in Ohio, because Jeffie was saying it was just decent in Montreal. I'll take his word for it. I don't actually want to go to Arby's. I haven't been in like 5 years, but I'm not a fan of the roast beef sandwiches. I do remember them having very good curly fries though, and the horsey sauce was lit as well. Other than that, the only cool thing they have going for them is the "Meat Mountain" sandwich. Looks disgusting personally, but I'm going to make sure that Luke finishes every single bite of that. The rest of the evening goes well, because surprisingly I am less of a dickhead in person, compared to my on site persona.

Code:

+3

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 10:45 PM by grimreaper.)

Code:

Whilst the league as a whole may have had it's problems and issues, Robert Black was certainly able to have a memorable season in spite of them all. Playing did the first time at the 425 TPE cap, Black had a tremendous regular season for the Newfoundland Berserkers. He led the team in scoring with a tremendous 71 points scored in 66 games, finishing 3rd in scoring across the whole SMJHL. Black's great play showed that he has taken the next step and is now becoming a top tier scorer which only bodes well for his future in the SHL. Black was also able to help the Berserkers to an SMJHL record number of wins in the regular season. There was tremendous pressure on the Berserkers in the playoffs with their regular season success, and they didn't disappoint, going on to lift the Four Star Cup with no series lasting more than 6 games. Black certainly had a great time on the ice this season and he will remember that ahead of any problems in the league.

Code:
177 words

+3 TPE

Code:

I believe the best playoff option in the SMJHL is still to allow every team an opportunity in the postseason. The SMJHL is a league of development designed to maintain interest for the newest members of the league. Allowing every team the chance at a best of 7 series to try their luck in the playoffs is only a good thing for keeping people interested. With the way FHM is, there aren't too many upsets across a best of 7 series, so it's not a huge disadvantage for those teams that have been great during the regular season. Anything to help retain new members should be considered and a taste of playoff hockey is always nice.

Code:
116 words

+2 TPE

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

Had the league remained on STHS, I believe Robert Black would have a much higher chance of making it to the Hall of Fame. Whilst I'm not writing off that possibility for Black under the FHM sim, my experience with FHM is much less at the moment than it was with STHS, and the competition across the league is more given the number of people who have invested money and time into FHM. I have two previous players who played their entre careers on STHS, and despite being only partially active for both, they are both first ballot SHL Hall of Famers. I was able to build great players that performed among the best players in the league when the SHL used STHS as a sim, and I think I'd have been able to use that experience to mould Black into another Hall of Fame calibre player. On the flip side, I don't think Newfoundland would have been as able to form a team as strong as they did this season in STHS. No doubt they'd have been upset in the playoffs by Maine had the sim been run on STHS.

Code:
191 words

+3 TPE

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:

+3 TPE

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

In order to prevent Luke turning me over to the baying mob of the league, wining and dining is certainly in order. To start with, a trip to the finest steakhouse to purchase a medium rare Chateaubriand to share, paired with an exquisite bottle of red. After he's full up on a delicious meal in an intimate setting, a shopping spree is in order to ensure the secret is kept safe. Whilst it would only be for a nominal amount and certainly nothing close to the amount gained through the heist, allowing Luke the chance to make a few purchases of his choosing at the shops would keep him happy and the money gained safe.

Code:
115 words

+2 TPE

Code:
Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones +3 TPE
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 11:29 PM by dogwoodmaple.)

PBE affiliate PT (3 TPE)

1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.) (3 TPE)
Honestly, the best thing that happened to me this season was just the camaraderie that I was able to build in the Hamilton locker room. For the most part, I didn't know anybody in there when I first joined. There were just a couple players from other leagues that I had run into before, but for the overwhelming majority, it was meeting them for the first time.  I definitely got more comfortable not only on game days, but just in practice and seeing everyone in the rink for practice and prep.  That really helped my performances in practice and in games and was one of the main reasons I was able to have some success this season with the Steelhawks.  Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the disappointment in the playoffs. That was definitely the most "down" part of this campaign, but I know for a fact that we'll be back better than ever next season.  That series lost has only added fuel to our fire for the coming season in Hamilton.
(175 words)

4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.) (3 TPE)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Imagine playing for a team,
With not a chance to win,
You'll never take home trophies now,
'cause you're not Hamilton.

The Steelhawks brand is quite unmatched,
And reign supreme do we,
Despite our early loss this time,
Just wait next year you'll see.

Back atop the league we'll be,
With yet another 'ship,
This season was a minor thing,
Twas simply just a blip.

So for all the other teams,
I'll pray for all your fans,
Because we know they'll never see,
A trophy in your hands.

But that's not us, no we're the best,
The envy of the league,
In fact we'll win so many more,
There will be Ham fatigue.

And this does end this poem now,
Back to this ice I'll go,
And back to catching L's you'll be,
As our trophy case will grow.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) (2 TPE)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance

I used to think that the J league format was whack...where everyone makes it and the regular season is devalued.  But after spending so much time not only playing in the J league but being in the Maine War Rooms and admin channels, I realized how important it is for the newcomers to the league to have fun and get a full immersive experience.  So I'm in favor of everyone making the playoffs, officially.  Even with the new teams being added.  It doesn't hurt anybody (because J league is all about fun) and it adds a whole lot of extra hockey for young players, first time GMs, etc. to really enjoy the league and spend more time getting the hang of things.  Who doesn't love more hockey?
(127 words)

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) (3 TPE)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

One word: Sweden. I fully anticipate Sweden to run through the round robin and take home the gold medal.  From top to bottom, they have the best roster, best management, and best strategies.  The Swedes were so deep in fact, that we had to leave a whole heck of a lot of talented players back home!  Karl Krashwagen is a player who I know will stand out for the Swedes and I also look for Jobin to lock up the goal from day one.  Jobin was a crucial part of our success in Hamilton this past season and I know for a fact he'll help the Swedes to the medal podium.  Whether it's offense, defense, goalkeeping, or depth of their bench, it's hard to find an area where the Swedes don't stand out among the other countries in this year's tournament.  I know this - if I was the coach of a rival nation, I would be nervously awaiting the draw of the elimination round.  I wouldn't want any piece of this Swedish squad.  Hard to score on, hard to stop, and they've got perhaps the best chemistry of any nation's team.  Get that gold, Sweden!
(195 words)

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (2 TPE)

16 TPE total

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

CW pass

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 12:03 AM by WannabeFinn.)

Well, of course I think we both deserved to be in the Finals. We won the games that were on our schedule in the postseason and that's all that can be asked of us. You can debate the merits of each team's particular road to the Cup, but at the end of the day we both did what we had to do.

Obviously I think the success of Buffalo is more impressive since we have been a Cup contender for the entirety of Chicago's existence, however I do think that Chicago has built an impressive team in their 15 seasons and took the longer, "proper" build in comparison to NOLA who came out of the gate hot but have since fallen on hard times.

Chicago's goal horn is the worst. I'd like to dissect it and really get into why it's bad, but that would take far more than the 50 words I'm trying to hit here. As far as Buffalo is concerned, I think our site demeanor could use some work. We really should be meaner tbh.

Alexis Metzler set the bar for the Buffalo organization. He is still the all-time leading scorer for the Stampede, although he will soon be overtaken by Luffy. One day the answer will probably be someone currently on the roster like Luffy or Doyle, but for now the answer is clearly the wonder from down under.

Task 15.

poopie

Task 17.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086768

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Code:
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to
just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

Even with adding two more teams to the SMJHL, I think the league should keep its current format of allowing every team to make the playoffs. The purpose of the SMJHL is to serve as a development league and get young player acclimated to the league, so I think it only makes sense that everyone should get an opportunity to play in the playoffs, even if their team had a really bad season. Plus, it gives the opportunity for a team that maybe starts out poorly because they have a young team to still make some noise later in the season as their players develop and improve. Those teams aren't likely to do well in the playoffs anyway, but it at least gives every team some hope and the motivation to keep getting better throughout the season.

Code:

Verification word: Stanton

17. Milestones

+3 TPE claimed for milestones

+3: 0. One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid505824

+3 1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)

Ole Olson had a perfectly pleasant season that began very slowly and ended about the same way if a bit more abrupt. His team, the New Orleans Specters, had minor hopes for the season knowing most of the roster was extremely young. While they may have been fast and athletic, they were not yet on the level of their experienced counterparts. It was an unfortunate season in terms of outcome, but it is only the beginning for the Specters. The future for the team from New Orleans is very bright as they continue to grow together and get more and more experience on the ice against professional opponents. While this season may have been disappointing there is a lot to look forward to for the Specters roster and their fans. In just a few seasons, they will be one of the best and most talented teams to be playing in the Simulation Hockey League. Stay tuned for the Specters future!

+3: 2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Well, I would probably start my team off with some familiar faces; a r0tzbua, an inverted, a Kyamprac, an overdoo, and a Philliesphan96. With this team of Pokemon, I get a team with a variety of skill sets and temperaments. It makes for a well rounded group and one that can hopefully catch my opponents off guard, despite their intense lack of apathy. With their experience in all varieties and their diverse natural abilities, I think I can win most type matchups and control nearly every battle I find myself in. Due to the nature of the team, I'd likely post up in a Gym as a resident associate. I would not look to be the gym leader, but a resident trainer or just a regular member of the gym. I would hang out with this crew, training or just doing stuff for fun. It would be a pretty enjoyable experience, and it would be fun to compete against other trainers of similar skill level.

+3: 6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

This year is Norway's year to finish as champions of the International Ice Hockey Federation tournament. It is a simple fact that this team is one of the best as they are performing quite well in the Round Robin stage already. They took home the Bronze Medal last year, and have only gotten better since then. With a ton of defensive talent, the team will work to keep opposing pucks out of their net and take advantage of their breakaways and special teams to produce the offense needed to get pucks in net. Their strategy goes slightly counter to the traditional mantra of getting pucks deep, but that's not Norway's style. They want to control the game from the very beginning and they have the talent and ability to do so. Look for the Norwegian team to make a deep push into the finals and compete for that Gold medal against some of the best players around the world.

+4: 12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Both of these teams are very talented and deserve to be in the finals. It has been a pretty regular occurrence since I have been around and it is very unsurprising to me to see these two teams back in it again. They always seem to be performing at a high caliber and are finals favorites.

Chicago has built a very strong team and continue to prove to the league that they deserve the respect that they get. Buffalo has built such a dynasty that it is also fairly impressive. Without any knowledge of how either team has done what they have done, I would say that yes, it is impressive that they are doing what they are doing.

People in logos are not my favorite things, so I will call out Chicago for their mafioso. While it does feature a person, it is still pretty well done, and the color scheme is very nice. Buffalo on the other hand is a very simple, somewhat minimalist logo. I am also not a big fan of text in a logo, so I'll call Buffalo out on that.

I have not been around nearly long enough to know which player from these two teams is the best. I have to imagine it's a Buffalo player as they have been around for an incredibly long time. Martijn Westbroek is a pretty likely candidate, as he has been playing extremely well for as long as I have been around.

4+3+3+3+3= 16 TPE

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 11:41 PM by Jericson.)

Total TPE: 16

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)

This season was full of highs and lows that took a toll on my body and mind. The season started off great, with a fantastic group of players coming together for training camp. We had seen a lot of promise from everyone. That being said, I noticed early on that I had lagged behind in the offseason. I was not where I had hoped to be. This did however present an opportunity for me to take on a new role in the organization. I went on to modify my routines in order to help out more defensively in years past. Unfortunately, an off ice accident caused me to miss a chunk of time and training to keep up to where I desired to be. Luckily, the locker room was really great for me during this time and we found new roles yet again for me in the locker room to help keep the team and other player's in good spirits.

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

By adding an additional 2 teams to the SMJHL, we are bringing the total up to 14 teams. This would cause some weird inconsistencies when it comes to playoff bracketing if all 14 teams made it in. With a 14 team bracket, you are looking at 2 teams in total getting a bye series. Now, this is great for those teams potentially (as long as goalies don't cool off during that time) but I am not a fan of bye weeks. Even 12 teams causes this to happen. In an ideal world, you would take 8 teams in total to play in the playoffs, with a set of quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

I started the first season that the league swapped over to Franchise Hockey Manager from Simon T Hockey Simulator. I have had a lot of horror stories of those old days and am glad I was not around during those times. I am not a fan of pure cookie cutter builds and having a system that not only relies upon that, but encourages that, is detrimental to people as a whole. I prefer making characters that are not scoring machines but more defensively sound while being able to help out. Such builds did not work great in STHS is my understanding of the system, and I would not have liked being "forced" into an optimal build. I like the variability that can come out of such builds. Even now, FHM is starting to become a bit more homogenized in its middle and top end builds. I am interested to see how such things continue to evolve.

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. All teams have to have a bit of puck luck and bullshittery in order to make it far in the league. Sometimes, you have to be good to be lucky and you have to be lucky to be good. That being said, there is definitely some weird wizardry going on behind the scenes for Buffalo to continue this dominance.
b. Buffalo being here this many times is definitely something to behold. Having a good core of players is definitely helpful, and they also must have some sim wizards there. Bribery also helps a lot. Then again, it is about time Buffalo as a city has something going for it. God knows the other hockey in that city doesn't help.
c. I have to go with Buffalo, and not for any reasons specific to Buffalo, but more about Chicago. When I think of a Syndicate, I think of a shady organization and cannot have a picture of it in my head. From there are the colors. This is a personal preference, but I am not a fan of the color yellow for whatever reason. Not really sure why, just never liked the color. Finally, the location. I have no grudge against either but coming from a small town I hate huge cities. The thought of living, or even visiting, a city of over 2 million just makes me anxious as hell.
d. I would have to go with Monkey D Luffy. Doesn't matter whether he holds any records or anything like that. He has been the captain of the team for the past 8 seasons, and was an alternate captain for 4 years prior to that. In that time, they have won the championship 2 times and broken 100 points 3 times. If being that kind of leader doesn't make you the best, then I don't know what does.
Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Code: Jericson

Quote:17. Milestones, 1 TPE

Milestones Claim

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 11:51 PM by inverted.)

17. +2 milestones 2

15. Calzone 3

16. I would take him on a boat, and we would take that boat far out into the water where we could get some privacy and nobdoy could bother us, or even hear us scream! I would serve him only the finest spicy chicken nuggies and honey mustard sauce. I would pour him the onlyhighest quality boxed wine and let him have my best twisty loopy straw. Afterwards we would move to more private affairs which he would love... because of the implication. The next morning i would take the boat back to the dock and drive away, he's a big boy, he can find his own way home. 2

1. When my identity was stolen I was able to convince whatever the silly hat wearing, Canadian version of the IRS that some extreme purchases weren't mine and now I have that money back. Of course I would never buy a rocket powered jet ski or something as ridiculous as and unsafe as a small armory of weapons off of craigslist. That was clearly the ID stealing maniac that stole my identity. I'm glad to have my name and face back and more importantly thankful to recover this money that not me spent on totally reckless shit. On the ice I was able to take out my frustration on all the poor weak idiots in the league and came in 4th in the league in hits, despite this being only my rookie season. i also managed to fight the league leader in hits and we both walked away bloody and with a new respect for eachother. 3

12. A. I have absolutely no clue who was in the finals but I can safely say they all suck and neither team deserves to be there. First off they ugly and their mamas think they ugly too. Nobody wants to see their mugs on top of that podium, whoever the hell they are.

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

PBE Affiliate +3 TPE

Milestones +3 TPE

Trivia +3 TPE
Codeword: pls

Task 12 +4 TPE

a. I honestly think both teams deserve to be in the Finals. They both were top teams in the league and played to expectations. Chicago made many good moves during the offseason to set up this run. Buffalo has a history of winning and have built up their first place in the league roster over time. That being said, they both stink and shouldn't be here.

b. I think both sustained winning and building up in a short time are impressive, but ultimately sustained winning takes the cake. You have to be able to retain talent and build good relationships, acquire assets and be good negotiators to gather new talent, and get everyone to buy into the system and believe in the team to get to the championship over a long period time.

c. I think a good argument can be made that Chicago's branding is a bit predictable and boring. Chicago and the mob, it makes sense but has been done many, many times. There are other attributes to Chicago and the surrounding area you can model a team after. I also think the same can be said about Buffalo. Buffalo team branded after buffaloes, great.

d. I think the totally obvious answer for Buffalo is Chimkin Wing. Chimkin Wing is an icon. He dominates any opponent that stands in his way. Chimkin Wing is the eater of worlds and cups. I think the answer for Chicago is Martijn Westbroek. He has lead them in scoring almost his entire time with the team, and was a huge, huge part of their path to the cup this season.

Task 1 +3 TPE
Overall, this was a good year for Aleks Blixtstrom. A major thing he accomplished was finding his future home in Los Angeles for when he gets called up to the Los Angeles Panthers. It is a decently sized apartment near the hills. With his call up maybe happening soon, this was an important thing for him to get done. He also had his best season so far in his SMJHL career, helping the Carolina Kraken to a 36-26-4 record with 74 points and winning the South East SMJHL division, getting a bye for the first round of the playoffs. But it wasn't all smiles. The Kraken had a very disappointing playoff series, losing in 6 rounds to QCC. The Panthers also lost their first series in 6 games. Los Angeles also had a few painful departures, leaving positions open and needing a retool. This will likely mean Blixtstrom gets called up before next season, when the Kraken are poised to contend for the cup.

16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 11:44 PM by BoloBill.)

PBE PT +3 Username: Billybolo

DEFENSE
Milestones
Goals -> 11 or more

Assists -> 25 or more

Points -> 41 or more

BOLO

I think there should def be a change. Everyone making the playoffs sets up a very bad 1st round. You will get the occiasally upset by mostly its just a waste of time. I think it adds to the stakes quite a bit when there are limited spots in the playoffs. It will make seeding and everything much more important. It sucks when your team misses the playoff but its apart of the game. Teams in the J shouldn't stay bad for too long if they know what they are doing. Maybe ive been super lucky in anc, but I feel that it would be good to limit the playoffs.

Anchorage actually ended up losing again in the finals. Its crazy to think that we have lost in the finals 3 times in a row. I missed 1st season where we won it and really felt like this was our season. We were stacked this year, but will lose a ton of guys to call ups. I'll actually play on the 1st line for once, but its sucks that were losing so many dudes. Its been an amazing run tho. I have really enjoyed all those guys. Maybe we can pull a rabbit out of our skates one last time and bring back the cup.

Verjonis is a pretty boring guy. I made him without any real distinguishing characteristics. I made him with the intent of being just another guy. Solid earner, solid player nothing flashy. So to me Im not getting very many endorsements off the ice. I think of Verjonis as a grinder, a guy that is going to spend extra time trying to improve. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. So in that vein, the best thing to happen to him this season, was confirming that he will be up in the majors after next season. It gives a young player a lot to look forward to and is always nice to get the pat on the back from the big club. I am really excited that they have a spot for me and it really has motivated me to do more and get cash some how. Chicago is only a season away now.

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]