Create Account

Official General NHL Discussion Thread

Methot to Dallas for peanuts Smile)

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

The Hawks could actually miss the playoffs Stars really improving at a low cost

Mcdavid rumoured deal is 13.25mill x 8 years. Holy fuck hockeys becoming like baseball

Double

Quote:Originally posted by TimeToBringThePain@Jun 28 2017, 12:57 PM
Mcdavid rumoured deal is 13.25mill x 8 years. Holy fuck hockeys becoming like baseball

Not really.....

Kershaw makes what 3 times that?

He's worth 13.25mil. Arguably the Best player in the world. Honestly we got a shot to win a cup this season then our window closes for a bit. Should re-open in year 5+ of the deal.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Jun 28 2017, 07:02 PM

Not really.....

Kershaw makes what 3 times that?

He's worth 13.25mil. Arguably the Best player in the world. Honestly we got a shot to win a cup this season then our window closes for a bit. Should re-open in year 5+ of the deal.

I dont think there is a sports player out there worth 13mill. Not in any sport, the avg MLB player is about 13mill roughly btw.

I just think ita crazy that owners complain when they gotta pay up, in CBA. But then allow there GMs to sign a single player to 13mill a year. What ground can you stand on at that point. Omg we dont make enough money, well then stop paying players this much money.

Quote:Originally posted by TimeToBringThePain@Jun 28 2017, 02:13 PM

I dont think there is a sports player out there worth 13mill. Not in any sport, the avg MLB player is about 13mill roughly btw.

I just think ita crazy that owners complain when they gotta pay up, in CBA. But then allow there GMs to sign a single player to 13mill a year. What ground can you stand on at that point. Omg we dont make enough money, well then stop paying players this much money.
The argument is about the salary cap...not about individual contracts

also yea so this is an average MLB contract for a generational NHL talent lol

Quote:Originally posted by GroupMeIsKindOfOkay@Jun 28 2017, 02:25 PM

The argument is about the salary cap...not about individual contracts

also yea so this is an average MLB contract for a generational NHL talent lol
But relative to NHL contracts which is all that's really comparable it's a crazy cap hit. It's like Ovechkin levels of cap % taken up, He's gonna be paid like a superstar and he deserves it but personally I would want a cheaper contract for less term and pay up when that contract is done

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 28 2017, 01:46 PM

But relative to NHL contracts which is all that's really comparable it's a crazy cap hit. It's like Ovechkin levels of cap % taken up, He's gonna be paid like a superstar and he deserves it but personally I would want a cheaper contract for less term and pay up when that contract is done

Honestly, Im curious if a China TV deal happens with the NHL within the next 8 years. They had I think 22 million views for the G1 of the Finals. Would prob add some revenue to the league and increasing the cap a lot. China wants to be more involved in Winter sports since they are hosting the olympics in 2022. NHL is building a relationship there. Bob Nicholson, Oilers Ceo, is one of the most connected men in hockey. Wouldn't be surpised if they are doing this with that potentially in the books. I am mostly speculating but if that happens McDavid's contract would look amazing.

Question is can we find the depth players on elcs needed for the next couple of years. I know that Peter will be able to make the small deals to help the team. Its one of his best assets as a General Manager in the NHL. Finding the Dennis Siedenbergs,Patrick Maroons,Zack Kassians,etc. Cheap depth in value, just he needs to not re-sign them to chris kelly,etc contracts and find other players like that again.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 28 2017, 02:46 PM

I was more responding to his argument that owners shouldn't negotiate the salary cap when the CBA runs out because some players are making 10+mil a year.

It's definitely a lot but if anyone is worth it it's him

NHL kicks off tonight! TOR/WPG, CGY/EDM, STL/PIT and PHI/SJ

I got TOR, EDM, PIT, SJ

TOR, PIT, CGY, SJS

WPG, PIT, EDM, SJ

edit: Oh and the Rockies!

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Putting $15 for PIT and EDM to win tonight. I'll win $45. Triple my money. Hope to start off NHL year with a win Smile

[Image: ShqDpK0.jpg]
At least theres this to make me laugh:(

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]