Create Account

S54 PT #4 - Cooking Show

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Simmer claim

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 11:14 AM by notoriousTRON.)

In an attempt to get the Outlaws more visibility in the community, Anaheim management struck a deal with a local cable station to get the Outlaws a cooking show, called 'Sticks Down, Forks Up'. Each week will feature a different member of the team and the first episode featured current captain, Rhys Pritchard. His episode titled 'Pritch-in the Kitchen' featured Pritchard walking us through a couple of recipes from his homeland of Wales UK. Rhys decides that he's going to walk viewers through his Saturday morning ritual for watching Welsh Rugby Union in the early spring. Rhys usually starts his day with some variation of a full Welsh breakfast and explains the the difference between 'full Welsh' and 'full English' is the inclusion of laverbread which is a seaweed spread on a slice of toast. Because of the time difference, Rhys says, he usually has to watch the match on delay. So as long as he avoids checking his phone, he can usually get the match started sometime around 10am. As long as there is no practice or game later in the day, Rhys may choose to have a nice dry cider while he watches. It's hard to get a good British Cider in the States, but an Irish cider, Magners is usually relatively easy to come by. The original recipe of Strongbow is good too if he's able to find it in a local liquor store. If it's not an off day, however, he goes for a cup of his favorite tea, called Glengettie which he has to order off of Amazon. Finally, Rhys shows the viewers how to make Welsh rarebit, which is a melted cheese served over toast or in a fondue dish. Rhys says he prefers it over a piece of toast and will usually make it during half time of the match.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 11:59 AM by DrunkenTeddy.)

My player, Robert Phelps, has a cooking show called "Why are we talking about cooking? Can we talk about hockey?" where he cooks really badly prepared meals while being super distracted recalling many hockey stories. Most of the meals being prepared are on the barbecue, but he still manages to burn most of it and after it's done he forces his family to eat it with smiles on their faces while looking at the camera. Mostly Phelps gripes on the show about some weird clause in his contact that required him to do a cooking show in the first place, he complains that his agent didn't point this out when he was signing it and that he may be in the market for a new agent about 15 times per 15 minute show. Come check out Robert Phelps cooking show online at www.canwetalkabouthockey.com, it's at least good for a laugh.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 11:32 AM by bbjygm.)

The name of my show would be "Proper Slapplication". It would be a show about how to find the fanciest way to describe a dish, no matter the quality, to impress anyone you serve it to. After watching this show you could put together a slice of raw ketchup toast and sell Gordon Ramsey on its originality and subtle aroma. Some example dishes are:
- Pâté of roasted indigenous legumes, paired with a compote of seasonal berries, served on hearty sprouted wheat bread (PB&J)
- Pan-roasted pastry rolls, layered with an herbed tomato purée, a creamy blend of artisanal cheeses, and tender bites of aged salami (pizza rolls)
- Pan-seared yeast-leavened flat bread with tomato herb curdled dairy accompaniment (pizza)
- Breaded seasoned chicken piccata with sweetened tomato purée (chicken nuggets)
Special guests include:
-
no one. Because no one's special. Normal guests include:
- My mom
- Your mom
- A chicken
- Bill Cosby's telepresence robot (equipped with hidden "snack" compartment)
- Me (yes I'll be a guest and a host at the same time, green-screen style)
- The entirety of the New England Wolfpack
And that's it since the show will probably be cancelled by then.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Guy LeGrande has always been a bit of a entrepreneur. With many ideas in his head, he had to give a few a try. His latest money maker turned out to be a bad investment. Who would have thought that a restaurant named “The Clubbed Seal” would get so many lawsuits. I mean, the whole idea was brilliant. A big fancy restaurant with live music and fancy dining booths. I think the bad part, so the animal rights activists say, was that you got to club a seal of your choice. It would be prepared and cooked to your liking. The added bonus was you got a really nice seal pelt to take home. Well, after that was closed down and the settlements paid, Guy looked for something a bit more tame to try.

With all the attention Guy received from just about every news station in the country, he actually became more popular. Maybe not in a good way but he did have supporters. When a national TV channel executive gave him a call about a show that Guy could mold into whatever he wanted to make it, he was all over it. Hence, “The Bearded Taco” show was created. Combining two of the things that most people love. Titty bars and tacos. What a great idea. Nothing beats getting a celebrity to come on the show, get a lap dance and eat a hairy taco. The proposal is under review. They said, aw...we will get back with you.

During his junior years, Philipp Winter got to be part of one of the more legendary lines of the time while playing for the Colorado Raptors: The "Cold Pizza Line" of Winter-Winters-Pepperoni, so could there be a better basis to get a cooking show started than this? If possible I would like to bring back my old mates Alex Winters and Tony Pepperoni of course, either as Co-Hosts or at least through some guest appearances. The show would certainly start off being all about Pizza because we bring a nice mix of experiences and styles to the table there, with Winters playing in NY right now while I play on the West Coast in LA and Tony Pepperoni way up North in Canada where I'm not even sure they have Pizza, but he has the strongest connection to Italy, the Homeland of this beautiful dish. Who knows how long we would keep "That Cool Pizza Show" running und just that one type of food but I mean... it's Pizza, is there any dish that has more variation and more fierce debates over what is right and what isn't?

PBE

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

With Aron Hernadivic commonly being referred to as 'Fish', it is quite obvious that his cooking show would have to deal primarily with not neccessarily cooking fish, but making meals with fish. Why the distinction? One of Fish's other nicknames is 'Sushi', and sushi is also one of the greatest types of food one can have. Dynamite rolls, green dragon rolls, california rolls, on and on, all are incredibly tasty. Not only just making sushi, he will also be making all sorts of other fish, such as deep fried cod, pan-seared tilapia, smoked candy salmon, and on and on. This cooking show will be called Sushi's Sushi and other Fish and it will be a hit as more and more people begin to clue in on how good sushi, and other fish truly tastes. Going live during primetime hours, Sushi will make enough money form being a TV personality and professional sushi chef that he will be able to take minimum contracts as a member of the Stampede for the duration of his career (177 words).

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

The Cooking Roulette is a show hosted by professionnal hockey player Jean-Uthred Ragnarsson-Tremblay, of the Colorado Raptors. Each week, two guests players will choose a recipe of their own and submit it to the hockey player. The twist : JURT can't cook anything right.

While both guests are cooking their own recipe, JURT will try to cook both at the same time, sometimes improvising when things don't go right.

The plates are then put on a spinning platform : each guests will have to eat one of the four meals, while the other two will be submitted to a chef judge.

Players will be rated on two things : their aptitude to finish their whole plate and the judge's evaluation.

The trick is to choose something that you'll be able to eat, that the opponent won't, and that will please the judge, whether it is your own cooking or JURT's. Which is probably impossible, so it's really all about one thing : the gamble.

171 words

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 12:07 PM by slothfacekilla.)

[Image: 6cBhdXu.png]

The SHL's favorite pet roomba Rupert Slothface is out with a new cooking show called "Rupert's Round Up."  It is a bbq themed show that focuses on dishes from New Orleans (sometimes stretched to include other southern states when they need content), and Rupert always makes sure to include local spooky ghost stories in each episode.  Mostly he just drives around and smears bbq sauce everywhere but the people love it.  So I really am guessing the ghost stories connect with people.  Rupert will mostly have Jimmy Slothface on the show (naturally), but any of Jimmy's New Orleans teammates are welcome to come on the show any time (especially Olivier Cloutier).  Rupert would probably open up the guest spot to other SHL-ers around the league, but he is pretty particular with who he hangs out with.  Maybe in later seasons he will open it up more.  The good thing about the show is that Rupert can clean up after himself every episode so it keeps the crew happy.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

[Image: 1jhspya.png]

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

PBE affiliate PT +3 TPE

Thorbjorn's cooking show will focus exclusively on traditional food staples from his mother country, Norway. Even though he was just a child while living in Oslo and never was much of a cook himself, his mother and father were always whipping up delicious meals for him and his siblings to enjoy and the tastes and smells of that traditional Norwegian cooking takes Thorbjorn right back into his childhood home every time he encounters it. His show will be a thirty minute program, with each episode showcasing two recipes. Either an appetizer and an entree, or an entree and a dessert. Some times Thorbjorn will do specials like Norwegian food options for a tail gate out in the parking lot of a hockey game or snacks to make for the Challenge Cup Final watch party. The market for this program will almost certainly be niche, but Thorbjorn hopes that with enough time and a high enough production value he will spread the food of him homeland in the United States and make it more popular.

(174 words)

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

The concept of my cooking show is simple, in every episode I will cook a variety of foods that I like. Meat and potatoes, chicken and salad, fish. No seasonal ingredients however, no what you should try at home, etc, none of that - purely selfish cooking show that revolves around me cooking. Naturally, the second part of the show is me eating the food. To add some ´Between two Ferns´ type of vibe into the show, I was thinking of having guests on that will help me to cook the food, but they will get to eat once I´m done eating. As I eat the guests could clean up the kitchen in the background. Once I´m done eating, I´ll leave the studio, last minute or two is just the guest eating alone while the credits roll down the screen.

The episodes won't be too long, 15 minutes max, and they would be uploaded into Youtube. Depending on how the shows start rolling on I could maybe get some familiar faces to be my guests, but at the start, I will just use my friends, and maybe people who watch the show. That could be fun as well, get the fans to appear in the show if they want.