Create Account

S61 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

Well since everyone seems to have come to a fairly unanimous conclusion, that the MVP will be coming from the top team in the league, I'm going to argue for argument's sake and look at the bottom 3 teams in the league and choose one MVP candidate from each.

Anaheim Outlaws - Last place in the league, Anaheim hasn't had much to celebrate this season. And looking at the roster's stats, there also isn't much to celebrate. The Outlaws don't have skaters within the top 10 of any statistical categories, with the exception 2 players in Shots Blocked, with Connor O'Byrne at 4th place. So I guess that's +1 for him. The goaltending stats aren't much better, but that can hardly be blamed on Senji Seteki. He does come in at #10 on Goals Saved Above Average, as well as #3 in Saves. Between O'Byrne and Seteki, I give the edge to Seteki, because if not for him, the team's record would look even more abysmal.

Detroit Falcons - Just like Anaheim, the Falcons don't have much to brag about when it comes to the statistics. But where the team lacks skill, they at least make up for it by beating the dog crap out the opponent. Vasily Arkhangelsky ranks 2nd in hits and 3rd in both Fights Won and Penalty Minutes. Makes you think of the old adage, "if you can't beat them, beat them." But on the other end of the ice, you've got my boy Hugh Jass taking beating on a nightly basis. He does lead the league in Losses, OT Losses, and Goals Against, but he also has the best Goals Saved Above Average, Saves, and Games Played, as well as ranking 9th in Save Percentage. Just like with Anaheim, I have to give a nod to the keeper, Hugh Jass.

Nevada Battleborn - I was worried all three teams would have no players worth talking about at all. Lucky, Nevada actually does have some talent showing on the leader board! Jimmy Larkin-Conway ranks 4th in goals, 8th in assists, 4th in points, and10th in Shots. On the defensive side, Adelie de Pengu leads the league in Shots Blocked. The edge here clearly goes to Larkin-Conway.

So who's my MVP after this analysis? Greyson Cooper, of course, what are you, stupid?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2021, 11:11 AM by Risky_Potato.)

Greyson Cooper - QCC
Robert Black - NLB
Kappa Kappa - QCC

1 - Greyson Cooper is the clear MVP for this season, provided he keeps playing the rest of the season. 78 points in 55 games is pure madness, that’s an average of 1.42 points per game which is most likely the clear winner of the Ideen Fallah trophy. He’s also ahead of Robert by a whole 10 points, and leads the league in shots. Unfortunately not much competition for him.

2) Robert Black had a stellar season this year, just 10 points behind and he averages 1.19 points per game. This man is an assist machine, second in the league behind Markus Jager by just one assist. Unfortunately doesn’t hold a candle to Cooper in the MVP running.

3) Kappa Kappa is by far the best defenseman in the league, toting a plus-minus of +46, leads all defenseman in points with just 2 assist behind Robert in the assist rankings. Very good all around.

Conclusion : Greyson Cooper by a mile.

Greyson Cooper is the clear runaway favorite for the MVP in the juniors right now. The LW has 78 points currently, ten more than any other player. More impressively even, he is more of a goal scorer than an assist giver, who typically lead the points ranking. In goals, Cooper has 45 this season so far, 12 more than second place. He has had a season for the ages and honestly deserves the award. I will also mention Kappa Kappa, the defender who leads the plus minus ranking and has 61 points as well. Lev Lebedev has also done really well this season and is third in points and third in goals. The best goalie looks to be Zhen Roza who has a 2.30 goals against per game and a .915 save percentage, both in the top five as well. But all in all, Greyson is the absolute favorite to win and should win. He deserves it.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

The front runners for the mvp award have got to be the dynamic duo of the Skoda brothers. The marek vs malek debate has been a long standing debate as old as time itself. On the one corner, you have Marek Skoda, the older of the two and one of the most explosive young players coming up in the league. The ability to play the game if hockey is unparalleled in puck moving and skating. If he knew how to pass the puck to the back of the net he would literally be a god amongst men.

In the other corner you have malek who is like the Norse god tyr if tyr was a god of playing hockey and justice meant being clutch in the paint. Goal scoring comes easy as breathing to this absolute legend and can make any player have an insanely high assist ratio.

Both of these players are dark horses to become the greatest shl player of all time and we look forward to their continued growth

[Image: Off.gif]

The race for MVP comes down to a two horse race really. Robert Black of the Newfoundland Berserkers and Greyson Cooper of the Quebec City Citadels are holding the top two spots currently and the later we get into the season the more its looking like Cooper’s race to lose.

Robert Black (NL)
Goals: 22 - 3rd on NL
Assists: 52 - 1st on NL / 1st in SMJHL
Shots: 206 - 4th on NL
Shot %: 10.7% 5th on NL
TOI: 16:40 - 9th on NL / 2nd among Fwds on NL

Black is currently sitting in the top 5 in a lot of major stats for Newfoundland. He leads the team in assistant points by pretty large margins and all while only playing 16 minutes a night.

Greyson Cooper (QCC)
Goals: 47 - 1st on QCC / 1st in SMJHL
Assists: 33 - 6th on QCC
Shots: 271 - 1st on QCC / 1st in SMJHL
Shot %: 17.34% - 2nd on QCC / 7th in SMJHL
TOI: 18:34 - 6th on QCC / 2nd among Fwds on QCC

Cooper is having a race that is his to lose. He is pacing the SMJHL points record, he is leading the league in multiple categories and truly showing he is an elite sniper.

Quote:217 Words

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

Greyson Cooper is the MVP frontrunner in the SMJHL this season. With 47 goals and 33 assists, good enough for 80 points, Cooper leads the league in both goals and points. He has helped Quebec to a 42-12-5 record, good enough for 3rd in the league, and 2nd in the Atlantic conference. Cooper has had so many big goals this season with the 47 he’s had so far. With just a few more games to go on the season, Cooper could easily get to the 50 goal mark which to me would solidify himself as the MVP on the season. Cooper has already broken the all-time goals record in the FHM era and is only going to make it more difficult to beat. Other players in the running for me are Robert Black from Newfoundland who is 2nd in the league in points with 74, and first in the league in assists with 52. The last MVP nominee to me would probably be Kappa Kappa, another player from Quebec. He leads all defenders in both assists and points (47 and 62 respectively) while still adding 15 goals from the backend.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

I will try to make a case for 3 different Anchorage players that could potentially be a good MVP candidate.

First of all, I think Dominik Tretyak could be potentially a good candidate. He's got the best GAA and he's among the top 8 best save percentage. He's also 1 shutout off of the most shutouts in the league, while playing half the games. Since joining Anchorage, he definitely has uplifted the team to the point where they are now easily in the top half of the league, while they were almost out of playoffs prior to him joining.

Next I could see Cup Noodle being an ok candidate. He is top ten in defenseman points in his rookie season.

Finally we have the GOAT himself, Cole "JODAN" Carter, the Anchorage point leader. He's easily one of the best player to have ever played in the SMJHL. You can't see that with stats though, what Cole Carter brings to the team is intangible, just his presence uplifts the team.

169 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

ISFL Affiliate

With seven games to play, the clear MVP is QCC Greyson Cooper. He has 47 goals, which is ten more than the runner-up Rinky McDangle. He leads the league with points with 80, 6 more than the runner-up Robert Black. He has easily smashed the goals record of the SMJHL which was 43. He can even get to 50 before the end of the season. Last year Cooper scored 25 goals. He can double the number of his total goals. His growth should be noted.

The fact that Cooper linemates have with 51points and 42 points is worthy of mention. It shows how much offense Cooper can generate by himself.

I choose Greyson Cooper because for me an MVP must be an offensive juggernaut. Defense can keep the games close but to win a hockey game you need to score goals

Furthermore, Cooper is able to lead the team in points while being a goal scorer. Normally assist-first player leads the league in points.

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

I think at this point, it's tough to go against Greyson Cooper. This player currently leads the league in goals by a very comfortable margin (47, second place has 37). Although I hate going for players with the most goals or points as the frontrunner for MVP, this one's a pretty good choice it seems like. Cooper also has the most points and is a top 10 player in shooting percentage. While someone may note that Cooper's lead in powerplay goals may boost their goal advantage, it doesn't account for the difference in points or goals to the next best player.

It's unfortunate that there aren't any goalies that stand out as MVP candidates. Vincent Catalano has done an excellent job of stopping pucks, in terms of percentage, but it doesn't reflect in his wins or goals against average. Likewise, Dominik Tretyak has a very impressive goals against average but a subpar save percentage.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Normally awards committees are lazy and just give the MVP to the person with the most goals, or points, or assists. So, clearly the top MVP candidate is Greyson Cooper.

Nah. Screw that.

The MVP right now should be Rinky McDangle. While he's only in fourth place for points and isn't in the top ten for assists, he's in second place on the goal chart with 37. He sits behind only Greyson Cooper who is having a lights-out season. BUT, look at the help Cooper is getting. There are THREE of his teammates in the top 10 for assists. There isn't a single other player from the Raptors in the top 10 of any of the three main scoring categories.

You want a boring MVP, go with Cooper. You want real work and a true person who is the MOST VALUABLE to their team? That's Rinky McDangle. Make the right choice.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

The prestigious MVP or Most Vascular Player according to Aldo Huber are the players who demonstrate their strength by hitting and taking the puck away from lesser players. The undisputed leader of being the strongest and most vascular player is the center from St Louis, Brent Ashe. Ashe had a whopping 198 hits in 61 games so far. Every single time he lays the body on another player you can practically see his veins popping from under his sweater as the opponent hits the ice. The next player that could be in contention is D-man Vasily Arkhangelsky of Detroit. Though he only has 165 hits, he has 36 takeaways compared to the 7 of Ashe. A physical force on the blue line, big-man V lays the body hard and is a fearsome vascular player. The last player in contention for most Vascular is Adelie de Pengu of Newfoundland. de Pengu showed their vascularity by being a monster shot blocker with 208 blocks, over 30 more than the next player. Each time they go down for a block and the muscles tense, all the veins enlarge and strength is shown.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

I think without a doubt, the front runner for MVP has to be Greyson Cooper. I mean aside from simply leading the league in goals and points, with still 7 games to play Cooper has already smashed the existing SMJHL records for both goals and points in a season. The previous records of 43 goals and 73 points - both from the FHM 66 game era, the same as we're in now - topped all other eras largely due to the 16 extra games. Still, it's easy to argue that Cooper may be having the greatest SMJHL season of all time. With 47 goals and 80 points, with 7 games left I would say we are pretty likely to see our first 50 goal scorer in the SMJHL. 90 points isn't off the table either. The pace is 52 goals and 89 points, so we will see just how it finishes. His teammate Kappa Kappa could probably make a case were Cooper not having an insane season, Kappa is currently the only defenseman scoring above a point per game and is by far the best defenseman in the league right now. The last potential MVP is Robert Black, who is leading the league in assists, but also he is just leading a Newfoundland team to a top 5 finish without all that much support. His 74 points lead the team, and the next best is 60 points. Black is the only one on the team with over a point per game.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

There are several plausible candidates for the choice of SMJHL MVP this season, but there is one who stand head and shoulder above the rest. I’ll get to them later, but first a bit on the other candidates. Robert Black of the Newfoundland Berserkers is having a good year, raking up 74 points and 52 assists (second in the league in points and first in assists), helping his team achieve a 42-16-4 record with 88 points, just one behind their division rivals, the Quebec City Citadelles. On the defensive side of things, Adelie de Pengu has an impressive 208 shots blocked, more than 30 ahead of his nearest competition in the league. His Nevada Battleborn are having a tough year despite his valiant efforts, sitting now at 19-39-3 with 41 points. The person I think truly deserves this season’s MVP, however, is someone having what may be the best junior league season of all time. Greyson Cooper of the Quebec City Citadelles is having an absolute monster year, with 47 goals and 80 points, smashing all previous records. His team has a 42-12-5 record, third-best in the league, and they are ready to make a deep run in the postseason. I don’t think anyone else deserves the MVP award than Greyson Cooper. 

Code:
212 words

ISFL Welfare