Create Account

S74 PT#1: Poindexter Painpoints

Option 2
[Image: photostudio-1701827661945.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8553.png?ex=658250bc&is=656fdbbc&hm=...0b32131a3&]

I would absolutely wear the monitoring equipment. I would of course have to check with my coaches, who would then have to check with the front office, who would then have to check with the league office, who would then have to check with the commissioner, but assuming that I got the go-ahead to wear the monitoring equipment, I would put it on and wear it religiously, not only in games but in workouts and in practices. Graj is a tech guy himself and is always looking for ways to use technology to improve his play on the ice. Being able to be one of the leading individuals to help advance the sport even further than it already is would be an absolute dream come true for Graj. He'd be able to use the technology to take it to camps for kids and find ways to help improve the kids' games as well as his own, and just being able to be a positive influence on the youth.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Option 1:
       To start the season off the Chicago Syndicate has been popping off in a season many expected to be a down season for them. what is the secret to their success? Could it be star defensemen Ben Jammin? Maybe star player Matsmith Soderberg-tremblay was actually hurting them? Nay there is another factor at play here, and that would be young prospect Alexandros Mograine! Mograine has seemingly come out of no where after being called up from the J a season early to make a final run with the aged core of Chicago. In the first 8 games of the season Mograine is sporting 6 goals and 4 assists for 10 points, over a point per game pace for such a young player is insane. That isn’t the end of it though, if you glance at the advanced stats Alexandros is rocking an out of this world 7.1 goals for and 0.9 goals against average whilst on the ice, these numbers are insane and are top 15 in the entire league in both categories and the only player in top 15 of both at the same time. Only time will tell if this young rookie can continue this monumental start to their career.

-202 words
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 12:30 AM by TubbyTim69.)

ISFL Affiliate

Option 2:

Ryosuke Sato is big on providing the fans the full experience and while wearing the tracking technology may be unfamiliar, it certainly won't be in the way. Or at least, I really hope that the tracking technology won't be cumbersome. As long as the additions are basically unnoticeable, Sato will happily provide the league and the fans the stats on how fast he skates, how he shoots the pucks, and much more! Even Ryosuke himself would be very interested to see what the technology says and maybe he can even take that knowledge to refine his game this late in his career. Plus, the monetary compensation is always something that can help incentivize a player to do something... not saying that Sato is that type of player! But who can turn down an extra few thousands of dollars for representing an up and coming tech company in their journey to grow in the business? I heard tech pays well :eyes:

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Option 1

Local to Buffalo or local to the Swiss? Or maybe even Colorado for the Raptors? Either way I am honoured so let us get started!

Isaac Forty-One, the offensive defender of the Buffalo Stampede, is 1 of the biggest underrated players on Buffalo. Why? Hell if we know! I guess since he is a defender getting decent amount of points and the most on the team as he is hitting his prime seasons soon I guess you we can say on BuffaloBlogBanter.com we can see him proving his true rating.

The big focus for the team is to win another ring even if they have just won one very recently, the focus of Isaac is to prove himself in Buffalo or at least be 1 of the better offensive defenders in the league going forward. We have every belief that he can do it since he is quite active and keen to go far. Whether or not he becomes elite and overrated? That remains to be seen.

[169 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Option 2: If anyone approached with me with the idea of wearing some kind of monitoring or tracking devices, my answer would be a firm no, unless the league decides to make it mandatory and threatens to take away some of my salary. I’m really not a fan of all the devices out there that are tracking us most of the time and I think it’s a massive invasion of our privacy. I feel like the least device I have tracking me, the better it is. I also feel that the data the analytics site would publish online could be used against me in contract negotiation. They could use the data to find elements of the game in which I struggle and focus only on the negative data to try and bring my value down. However, I do think analytics have a place in the future of the game, but I feel that the same data should be available for every single player.

161 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Task 2:

William Salming is always ready to help small blog sites because he likes to write himself too about sports. He understands value of it because all publicity is good publicity. It is an entertainment business. So, of course William would be willing to wear monitoring equipment if it would not interfere his play on the ice. He would be for sure interested to get more insight data about his performances and two-way game on the ice. And when it comes to money, Salming would be willing to wear that kind of equipment even for free a couple of games if it would be necessary. And after collecting the needed data, Salming would be willing to discuss with the analytics site more detailed and help the understand the context even better. Teaching the game for the media, fans and larger audience is one of the main goals for Salming when he gives interviews after matches or practises. So yeah, all in all William is always ready to help others.

[Image: salming.png]

PBE AFfiliate

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 09:35 AM by ibuprofenaddict. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
OPTION 2: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equipment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

I would very much be open to wearing the special equipment! First obviously, I do want to test it in practice. I know it has been said that it will not interfere with my play, but I need to ensure this is absolutely the case. Next, I want to ensure that ant health related data is protected by HIPAA, and sign any required NDAs, privacy, or data release agreements necessary in order to protect the data from being used or disseminated in any way that my family and i don't agree with, while still making some useful metrics available. However, if these assurances are met, I'd be ecstatic to participate! I love the idea of being collaborative with the fans and I'm a huge data and sports science and statistics nerd. I'm hoping that participating and learning more about my own game would help me make some adjustments to the way i play or recover and help give me an edge over other players who don't have this level of access, too - sort of like watching film but with a heavy data overlay. Actually, I may make that suggestion to the site! overlay my data onto the game film. I'd be all about that. 

-Marek  Falcons Forge

~215 Words

\
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 09:36 AM by Bayley.)

PBE Affiliate - Bayley

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

There is no way that Pass Forfeit is the most underrated player on his team, he has been their top defenseman for several seasons by now. Underrated on a league-wide scale? Perchance. And before you lecture me on the fact that perchance can't be used on its own, I disagree. It is a powerful word used by the greatest of the greats. It means "by some chance; perhaps" in the Oxford dictionary. That right there is basically a full sentence, but I digress. Pass Forfeit is pretty underrated, in fact he is only just getting good (though last night he was terrible and got only one assist). Using statistics, mathematics, and research-based conclusions derived only by inputting things to "ChatSHL" he is pretty much widely known to be the most overrated on his team yet most underrated in the league. Please vote for him next time you see he is not on the all star team. He deserves it, mostly.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]