Create Account

S17 CW Here we go Again!

1) For Toronto they have a loaded Offense from the get go. From Benjamin Wong to Yousuf Scherbluk they have one of the strongest offensive schemes in the league. They can score goals in bunches as they don’t just rely on one line or one player to lead them to victory. Their Depth on defense is something to marvel at as well. Drizzy Drake and Darian Scherbluk lead a defensive core that is deadly in all situations. Last of all their Goaltending has been extremely strong. Mika Alalto has been a pleasant surprise this season as many thought that with Heiss’ retirement that the North Stars goaltending would take a step back but the tall Finnish netminder has been everything North Stars’ fans hoped he’d be back when he was originally drafted by them. One thing that can be considered but only if you believe in such things but there is a rumored Curse around the North Stars franchise. An original franchise it was until last season when they finally won their first ever playoff series. Long time GM JJ Krever stepped down after last season and former North Star Jon Maxfield took the reins. Is the Krever Kurse broken?

For the Los Angeles Panthers they have quietly been rising up the western conference standings the past few seasons because they have been building one of the strongest rosters in the league stocked full of Leadership. With a roster of vets like Shawn Velevra and Alexander Andrezjeck the Panthers have that veteran presence that most organizations envy. Another positive for LA is that the Panthers have arguably the strongest Center Depth in the league. Potoczny, Morley and Andrezjeck make up the Panthers centers and you’re looking at 800+, 700+, 600+ TPE in the faceoff dot and with that talent you will control the puck from the get go. Considered by most as a negative the Panthers don’t have the strongest Goaltending tandems in the league. Fuhrberg and Shetler aren’t exactly the most consistent goalies in the league. Fuhrberg has been playing exceptionally well since stealing the spotlight from Shetler but how much gas does he have left in the tank?

(359 Words)

2) PM'd

3) PM'd

4) [Image: AkjE4gd.png?1]

5) Well first off just imagining winning the Challenge Cup is a dream comes true in this league. Fighting all the way with my brothers by my side makes it incredible. As the Captain of the Los Angeles Panthers I would be honored if I could pass on the “C” to Chuck Winnfield. Chuck and I go a long time back to the NWJHL Prospect Showcase when we played on the same team and we bonded instantly. When he got drafted to Prince George and I went to St. Louis we were always talking and when we played each other it was just a great battle. He’s an amazing hockey player and also an incredible personality. He’s got leadership coming out of his pores and he’s the type of player that could instantly amp up any roster. Chuck has that calming presence that you need on the blue line. After following him in the S14 SHL Draft when he went #1 and I went #2, it’s been a constant battle between us. To bring a player like Chuck Winnfield to this roster would be an absolute dream and could be a huge piece to bringing in another championship to the Los Angeles Panthers organization.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

[ TASK #1 ]
<div align="center">The Season 17 SHL Challenge Cup Finals see the Los Angeles Panthers take on the Toronto North Stars. Both teams have had great seasons, and have performed especially well in the playoffs. Both teams possess great positives which must be exploited and small negatives which must be overcome in order to win the series and lift the Challenge Cup.</div>

Toronto North Stars:

+
Miko Aalto has been fantastic for the North Stars this post-season, and must be considered one of their most valuable players thus far in the playoffs. His 1.99 GAA and 0.922 save percentage is far and away the best numbers from any goalie in this years playoffs, and if his hot play continues, Toronto's offensive talent will have no trouble securing their first championship.

-
Toronto will need better depth scoring if they are going to triumph over the Panthers. Aside from Wong, Scherbluk, and Schenn, the rest of Toronto's roster hasn't produced offensively forcing their top forwards to carry the load for their playoffs thus far. The big 3 forwards have combined for 21 of Toronto's 32 goals this post-season. If Los Angeles really focus in on these three and shut them down, Toronto could be in trouble in terms of offensive production.

+
Their GM is the simmer. Yes, folks, this is just about the biggest positive you can ask for. A lot of the talk in the S17 playoffs have been about how well Toronto has performed, and having their General Manager Jon Maxfield at the controls has undoubtedly given the team the belief to carry on their high level of play. Maxy will play a crucial role if the Challenge Cup is to finally come to Toronto.

Los Angeles Panthers:

+
Kyle Adamrads, the upstart sensation out of Latvia is one of the most talented players on the team. He is a crucial component in the locker room, chiming in once per month to ensure his teammates are motivated and willing to sacrifice for each other. Like a jungler in League of Legends, Adamrads is the glue which holds his team together and allows them to function as one unit. This is evident from his team leading +4 through the first two rounds. He is reliable at both ends of the ice. If the Panthers lift the Challenge Cup, he will have been a key component.

+
The Gawd Brian Morley. This guy is really the heart and soul of the Panthers organization, and undoubtedly a future SHL legend. Despite an incredibly surprising lack of offensive output in these playoffs, Morley has done everything else to bring his team success. He has sacrificed the body and absorbed more hits than anyone else on the team. He also leads all Panthers forwards in shot blocking. This guy is the quintessential playoff performer, and the unsung hero of the Panthers. One of the players everyone in the league wants to see hoist the cup, a true class act.

+
Shawn Velevra has been a physical force for the Panthers in this off-season, striking fear into the opposition star talent and putting them off of their game. A prime example can be found in game 2 of the Western Conference Finals where Velevra stepped up to protect a teammate, and absolutely pummeled Texas tough guy Chris Partlow. Partlow was beaten so badly he was forced out of the game. The Panthers went on to win game 2, and take the series in 7 games. Velevra has not only stepped up the physicality in his game, but he also leads all defenders in shot blocks this post-season with 29 in 14 games.

Code:
605 words

[ TASK #2 ]

PM'd

[ TASK #3 ]

PM'd

[ TASK #4 ]

[Image: fyoCLvz.png?1] [Image: CrogZt8.png?1]

[ TASK #5 ]

Game 7. Challenge Cup Finals. It's been a hard fought affair, but Steve Jalopski completed his historic 10-goal performance in overtime and he awaits the Commissioner to hand over the Challenge Cup. There are many players who have attempted and failed to lift this storied trophy, and Jalopski realizes the significance of being able to hoist it above his head. He also realizes that all of his teammates deserve to be passed the cup, but if he could choose one player in SHL history, past present or future, that player would have to be his Hamilton teammate and defensive partner Roman Schultz.

A legendary player in his own right, it was Schultz who mentored Jalopski in the early stages of his career, and helped him realize his potential and accomplish his dream of hoisting the Challenge Cup. Schultz, or Schultzy as he is known in the room, is the picture beside the word 'teammate' in the dictionary. He is a gentleman of the game and one of the most positive players in the locker room. Jalopski could think of no one more deserving to pass the cup to, and felt a great sense of pride in being able to pass the trophy to his good friend Roman Schultz.

Code:
208 words

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Apr 14 2014, 06:56 AM

[b][ TASK #4 ]

[Image: fyoCLvz.png?1] [Image: CrogZt8.png?1]
[/b]

that is actually my favorite! because i love it if members work a lot with paint or so! that is a hell of more work then with photoshop or so B)

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

[ TASK #1 ]
Toronto North Stars

1. The Toronto North Stars have seen great success throughout the playoffs largely in part because of their offense. The team has scored almost 3 goals a game with an average of 2.91 throughout the playoffs. The offense of the Stars has been almost unstoppable on their path to the Challenge Cup finals.

2. Along with their offense, the North Stars defense has been stellar. They have given up only an average of 2.09 goals per game throughout the playoffs. With a solid combination of both goaltending and player defense, the Stars ability to limit the opponents scoring chances has been key.

3. A weakness of Toronto is their low faceoff percentage. The stars have only won 46% of their faceoffs, which could turn into trouble during the time of the finals as it may allow the Panthers to get some great chances.

Los Angeles Panthers

1. A strength of the Los Angeles Panthers is their penalty kill percentage. At almost 90 percent with 88.64 percent, the Panthers ability to such down opposing teams' power plays has been key for victories throughout the playoffs. Shutting down a solid offensive team like the North Stars on their power play could be a huge momentum shifter for Los Angeles.

2. A strength for the Panthers has been their ability to win key faceoffs. With an average of 53.19 percent, Los Angeles has been able to create good offensive chances while also being able to win draws in their defensive zone. If the Panthers can keep up their face off wins, it could be the difference maker in the finals.

3. A weakness of the Panthers is their penalty minutes per game. Averaging over 8 minutes in the box a game, they average more than the stars which could spell trouble for Los Angeles in the final. Past Challenge Cup finals have seen penalties lead to crucial goals that were the deciding factor, and if the Panthers can't stay out of the box the same could happen to them.

[ TASK #2 ]
PM'd

[ TASK #3 ]
PM'd

[ TASK #4 ]
[Image: starsbanner_zps316211ec.jpg]

[Image: panterbanner_zps67d4fa67.jpg]

[ TASK #5 ]
If I had just won the Challenge Cup and could pass it to any player, I would pass it on to Jeff Dar. He was a class act in the SHL for a long time and made such an impact throughout his career. Dar is one of the greatest players the league has ever seen, and to have the opportunity to hand the cup to a legend like that would mean a lot to me as a young player. Growing up watching the SHL since its beginnings, Jeff Dar was one of the players that I was able to have the pleasure of watching night after night on the SHL Network. Sure, Dar was a forward. Even so, his solid two-way forward style of play inspired me to work even harder on my defensive part of my game. Having hoisted the cup before, Dar knows what it is like to exceed in the playoffs. In the season 6 finals, Dar netted the game winner in game 7 against the Minnesota Chiefs while he was a member of the Los Angeles Panthers. That moment inspired me to take notes on Dar's style of play on my quest for the SHL. Hopefully next season the Chiefs will be holding up the Challenge Cup, and although Dar will not be a teammate of mine, I will not forget how much he has inspired me.

Quote:Originally posted by Chris-McZehrl@Apr 14 2014, 12:36 AM

that is actually my favorite! because i love it if members work a lot with paint or so! that is a hell of more work then with photoshop or so B)

Or so

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

1)

Toronto

Minus: First Real Test

No disrespect to the Wolfpack franchise, but they DID get swept in a four game series. The Toronto North Stars have had an easy ride in the East both in the regular season and in the playoffs. Hamilton was a seven-game series, but to be honest, Toronto went in knowing they were going to win and the games they won they did so in convincing fashion. They are playing a much different team in Los Angles.

Minus: Lack of Secondary Scoring

If you shut down the first line, you shut down the team. Other than Phil Schenn, the team really lacks any scoring threats aside from their first line. That shouldn't be a problem though, because the first line has carried the team during the regular season and all through the playoffs and show no signs of slowing down.

Plus: Benjamin Wong played unreal

Calling Benjamin Wong's recent play 'great' is an insult. Eighteen points in eleven games, what steroids is he on? I want some. The series could go to seven games and Wong could have no points whatsoever and still be a point-a-game player -- Think about that, really think about it.

Los Angeles

Minus:
Lackluster Goaltending

Tons of respect for Jamie Shetler, but I question if the goalie will be able to stand on it's head against the high powered offensive Toronto North Stars. In the past, elite goalies have won their team the Cup. The Panthers don't really have that elite goal tending.

Plus: More than One Line

Dave Smith, Brian Morley, Marian Potoczny, Alexander Andrezjeck, Brandon Donini, Adam Kylrad ... those are just a few names that come to mind when analyzing the Panthers. They don't rely on one player or one line, the ice time is all spread out as it should be. The least an semi-active to active player plays a night is about 17 minutes! You can shut down the Panther's top line -- but can you shut down the 15 other players?

Plus: Fantastic Defense

The Panthers bolster an impeccable blue line. Stars like Shawn Velevra and Dave Smith, followed by rock solid defenders in Niklas Stryker and Vinny Chezno. Those four alone are enough to form probably the greatest defensive core in the league. All the blue liners munch up big minutes and need to for the team. All are reliable in their own zone and have tons of offensive upside.

2) PM'd

3) PM'd

1) Toronto:

Goal tending
Toronto ranked 3rd in the SHL in goals against, allowing 2.22 goals per game. The Panthers allowed slightly more, giving Toronto a potential edge in the series. Goaltending can carry a team to the finals, and it’s clear that Toronto has a significant edge here.

Special Teams
Toronto once again held the advantage with both the second best power play in the league (19.43%), and the best penalty kill (88.75%). In a close series that kind of advantage could tilt this match up in favour of the Canadian squad.

Lack of discipline
Despite Toronto’s edge in the penalty kill, that could be all for naught if they continue taking silly penalties. At 10.42 minutes per game, they ranked second behind West Kendall for the most penalty minutes per game. Toronto’s penchant for taking penalties could come back to haunt them, and give the Panthers a chance to dominate this series.

LA

Faceoffs
LA was the best team during the regular season at the draw, winning 54.11% of the time. While Toronto’s center’s were above average at the dot, LA could take advantage at a key spot by winning a faceoff to help counter Toronto’s advantage with their special teams.

Puck Possession

The Panthers had the most shots of any team in the league, averaging 30.98 per game – averaging just over 3 shots per game more than Toronto. While Toronto and LA’s shots against were nearly equal, LA’s likely advantage in the faceoffs could help turn an already deadly offence into a significant shot advantage for the Panthers.

Discipline

While LA was a disciplined team during the regular season, they’ll need to ensure they continue to avoid taking pointless penalties. While this can be said for any team, the Panthers struggle on the PK, posting a below average 80% penalty kill. With Toronto able to put out one of the best power plays in the league, LA will have to ensure they don’t get caught on a penalty too frequently in this series.

335 words

2) PM
3) PM
5) If I could have anybody play on my team, I would choose The One Who Knocks, the one who wants you to say his name in your most desperate hours – Walter White. He’s an outstanding defenceman, whether it’s being a standout force on offence or defence.

When he hits you, and gives you a bone crushing hit, it feels like you’re getting a contact high like no other. It just drains you, and takes you completely out of your element. Players have mentioned they see a shade of “Blue” whenever they’re given a hit by Mr. White, better known as Heisenberg.

He’s got tremendous leadership qualities, as evidenced by the fact that he’s on a top pairing with the Chiefs in his rookie season. Mr. White is a fellow who should not be taken lightly, whether he’s working behind the scene on a crazy scheme or play, or reminding others in the Locker Room to “Run” if they ever try a prank on him.

Quite simply, Walter White is someone every team should want – a dynamic force who is opposing players fear and respect, and a leader who backs up and leaves everything on the ice. So if I could choose anybody, I would choose Mr. White to join my team.

(211 words)

2. PM'd

3. PM'd

1. Panthers - The Los Angeles Panthers were the best face-off team in the league during the regular season and have continued that trend into the playoffs, winning over 53 percent of face-offs taken, to Toronto's 46 percent. Puck possession can have a big factor on which team takes control in the game, and if the Panthers can continue to dominate the face-off circle, i like their chances of hoisting the Challenge Cup.

Los Angeles struggled while on the penalty-kill during the regular season, but have significantly improved during the playoffs, raising their success rate by over eight percent. In the playoffs, you have to play a gritty game in order to bring home the top prize and that includes getting banged up and bruised from making and taking hits as well as blocking shots while down a man. The Panthers continue their work with the PK unit and they will have a great shot at being Challenge Cup Champions for the second time in franchise history.

Goaltending is not a strength of the Panthers to put it lightly, allowing two and a half goals per game during the regular season. In the playoffs, they have cut that number down a bit, but still are not that great at keeping the puck out of their own net. Fuhrberg has done enough to get the job done but if he takes a step back and goes into a slump, expect the Stars to take full advantage.

Stars - The Toronto North Stars were one of the top scoring teams during the regular season and have continued that trend into the playoffs, pumping the net with nearly three goals per game. As everybody knows, when you score more goals than the opposition, you win and if the Stars can keep putting pucks in the back of the net, they will be in good position to win their first Challenge Cup in franchise history.

Toronto spent over ten minutes per game in the penalty box during the regular season and have shaved nearly three minutes per game off that during the playoffs. Discipline is very import, especially when playing a team with a good powerplay like the Los Angeles Panthers. The Stars need to keep playing with discipline like they have been in the playoffs or the Panthers will make them pay.

The penalty-kill unit for Toronto during the regular season was tops in the league, but during the playoffs has seen a significant drop-off. The penalty killers have gotten a bit lazy, causing the success rate of the unit to drop by over eight percent. If they cannot improve on this during the finals, don't expect Jon Maxfield and the Stars to break the curse and raise their first Challenge Cup.

Code:
449 Words

2. PM sent.

3. PM sent.

5. If I were the captain of the Challenge Cup Champions and had the chance to pass the cup to any SHL player of my choosing, either from the past or present, I would choose to hand the cup over to one of the most dedicated players in the league. It would be to a guy who I have gotten to know really well over the past few seasons and a player who has really cemented himself as one of the SHL's elite talents. This player is a great teammate and a leader, both on and off the ice who will make whatever sacrifices are necessary to help his team win. He has been a part of a team that should have been strong Challenge Cup contenders, but failed to make a big splash in the playoffs for whatever reason. He has also been a part of a that made it to the Challenge Cup Finals but failed to seal the deal, coming up short in what can only be described as a heartbreaking experience. The player that I am referring to is none other than New England Wolfpack forward, Jordan Nugent-Hall, a guy who has been through the battles in the trenches and no matter what he does, it has never been enough for him to taste sweet glory and raise the Challenge Cup.

Code:
225 Words

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

PT 1:

PT 2: Sent

PT 3: Sent

PT 4:

PT 5: As the current captain of the Minnesota Chiefs I have learned a lot of what the Chiefs expect from their players and who are the best players the team has ever had. One of those players just happens to be my father and a legend in Minnesota. Mr. Brandon Sawyer was able to backstop the Chiefs to their 1st ever Challenge Cup Finals back in Season 6, but fell short to the Los Angeles Panthers. It wouldn't be until Season 10 that Sawyer would be able to backstop the Chiefs to their 2nd Appearence and was able to win the Chiefs their first Challenge Cup Championship. Sawyer and the Chiefs were able to win another Championship in Season 12 before the rebuild started. During his tenure in Minnesota my dad did a lot of volunteering and donating to local charities and non-profit organizations and it was a hard summer when the Chiefs dealt him away to Los Angeles so he could try to win another cup before he retired, unfortunetly he wasn't able to and walked away from the game with only 2 Cup Rings and 2 Anton Razov Trophies, the only player in SHL history to do this. My dad was a Local hero in this town and it would be a huge honour if I could hand him the Challenge Cup one more time.

[Task #1] - This year’s final sees a familiar face team up against a new very strong team. The familiar face is the Toronto North Stars, so let’s start there.

One of the biggest issues I can see looking at the Toronto North Stars is in net with Mika Aalto. A break out season he did have, nobody expected him to be the starter and lead the North Stars to the finals, and that’s why he is still the biggest question mark going forward. It will be interesting to see how he plays with the added finals pressure on him.

A big positive for the North Stars is their tandem of Wong and Scherbluk. They have picked up right where they left back from last season’s playoffs when they lead the team to the finals with their great offence.

The third and final point I am going to make for the North Stars is their stellar defense. It’s hard to point out just one player on the blue line who stands out for the North Stars because they work so good as a team. They say defense wins you championships, and the North Stars seem to have gotten that message.

Now we move on to the team opposing the North Stars, the Los Angeles Panthers.
Let’s start with the final line of defense for the Panthers, Fabian Fuhrberg. Some would say a mediocre playoffs, but not me. Fuhrberg has played the most games of any goalie in the playoffs, and has helped get the Panthers to where they are right now.

Then we can move on to their defense, and much like the North Stars, the Panthers are very strong in their defensive core, and is the number one reason why they are battling for the cup. I don’t think I have to tell you that this will be a low scoring series with these two defensive teams.

Then we move up front, and unlike the North Stars with their very offensive first line, the Panthers are looking for a big series from Marian Potoczny. On a point per game pace in these playoffs, Potoczny is looking to open up the young Mika Aalto and get him off his game so the flood gates can open.

Folks get ready for a great series!

(380 Words)

[Task #2] - PM'ed

[Task #3] - PM'ed

[Task #4] - [Image: northstarbanner_zpsc260dda2.jpg] [Image: panthersbanner_zpsd986c3fa.jpg]

[Task #5] - What a way to end a season then to come back from a series were we all thought it was over early! For me to hold this cup could not have been done without one person who believed in me from the beginning and welcomed me back with open arms after my absence from hockey.

Mr. JKrever.

This guy has been here since the beginning of time I believe, making this league what it is today, and what it will be in the future. He is one of the nicest guys on here and will help you with whatever you need help with.

He took a lot of flak when he traded Jamie right after drafting him, just to turn around and take me the next year. After I was drafted I was told by the ‘haters’ that you’ll never stick around in Toronto, you’ll just be traded and forgotten about, well they were wrong and right! I was traded but eventually brought back, at a time when my mind was elsewhere then the game. For weeks I pondered my return and thought there was no way this guy is going to want me back, but one message to him and it was like I never left.

I was proud enough to play for him, but couldn’t bring him that cup, but a seat will always be available to him when I do win that cup, and I will be passing off to him!

[244 Words]

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

5)

I don't think any team that is stupid enough to name me Captain deserves to win anything. That's Problem Number One. Problem number two is that I wouldn't share the cup, because I carried my team and I deserve the prize for my efforts. If they pay me a few bucks I may actually let them pose with the Challenge Cup and I, but if they touch it I'm going to give the kid a good whipping. You just don't do that shit.

Anyway, if I was forced to, I'd hand it off to some loser named Micheal Clandoo or something...

Just kdding, I'm not fucking stupid.

It would go to my cousin and close friend, Jordan Cousins (haha, cousin named Cousins! HAHA, shut the fuck up) I hate a lot of fucking people but you just can't hate Jordan. He is so likeable and respectable unlike the douchebag Esa Arkikikikan. He works hard every day and does the jobs you won't want to do, contain top players, block shots, hit, lose teeth and get no credit at all.

I would gladly pass the Challenge Cup to Jordan Cousins after I parade around for a few hours and slap some disrespectful teammates. There, for one moment he will feel infinite.

And indeed, he will be I infinite.

TASK 1

The Toronto North Stars are loaded; they have talent playing on every level of this team. The forwards on this team boast three strong lines that can score at will. Like I said they boast that, in actuality they have three lines of forwards that can match up very well against any team in the league and sometimes that is all you need to win games. Ok I might be taking away some credit from the forward group as Benjamin Wong has been cleaning up this year in the playoffs and has scored mercilessly with 10 goals through 11 games. That will be the driving force behind Toronto’s offense, if Wong is shutdown so is Toronto.

On Defense they have an extremely talented group of defenders being lead by Drizzy Drake easily one of the better defenders in the league. Drake is the go to utility man on the team doing a little bit of everything but he is not the only one who provides talent to this team. Toronto owns one of the best top 4’s on defense in the league with Giovanni Mortellaro II, Chris Serpe, and Sean Stevenson the depth on defense is the key to Toronto’s success so far in the post season. As they have kept opponents to a low 26 shots against and a high 21 hits per game.

The one weak point to Toronto is their goaltending, he Mike Alto is the only question mark, he is not a bad goalie by any means. I just wouldn’t pick him up first overall in a fantasy draft. Mike is a 1b type goalie in the league, he could rise up and be a playoff performer, so far all indication is he able to do that. Until he wins that cup he will be viewed as a good but not great goalie. I hate to drag one player down on a team or use them as a goat for the playoffs, sad to tell you Mike but that is what the goalie position is almost all about. Good luck and prove me wrong.

On the Panther’s side they lack the depth that Toronto has, now that could work against them quickly if the series is drawn out. They have a very talented top 6, perhaps better then Toronto’s but if that top 6 gets tired during a long playoff series the bottom six won’t be able to produce to keep the Panther’s in the series.

That being said, the Panthers do have the better scoring lines and defense playing the majority of the game, they do not plan on relying on depth and do plan on ending the series in a quick run of things. They know they should be able to outscore Toronto and if they can play a good run and gun game with their top guys they should be able to close out the series in short order.

As for goaltending you have to give the slight edge to the veteran Jamie Shelter. It is funny to say that because I doubt Jamie has as many playoff games under his belt as Mike does, but playing on a struggling team for so many years Jamie is used to being pummelled by pucks night in night out that the “stress” of the playoffs and facing 26 shots a game may feel like a vacation for him.

TASK 2

PM'd

TASK 3

PM'd

TASK 4

[Image: cup_zps2990e0d5.jpg]

TASK 5

I have just won the cup for The Manhattan Rage and normally the cup would go right to my assistant captain I am hoping it to be Clyde Arrowny, but time will tell with that part. Because I have the option on who will be lucky enough to carry the exalted trophy we put the assistant captain on hold for well a few minutes. Despite the lack of success in Manhattan it doesn’t mean it has lacked star power in previous players on the team. I look to my left and I see Mathias Chouinard, he really started the ball rolling in Manhattan brought in some decent talent and got the team to look like more than just a punching bag. Before I hand the award off I see to my right one of the true legends in Manhattan Jordan Nugent-Hall, easily the most recognizable name that has ever played in Manhattan. Perhaps one of the only elite forwards that has been Manhattan drafted and produced, despite leaving the team during a rebuild (traded to be exact). He still cheers us on and wants to see the best for the team that drafted him, I can respect and appreciate that in a player. Once again I stop as the entire team parts like the red sea and there just a few feet away is Quilha Agante. No one on the team has been through more heart ache, more trying times, more wins and losses than Agante. He formed the greatest team Manhattan has ever known…until now, and he stuck with the team through all of this. No questions asked Agante is the man who gets to hold the cup.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

[ TASK #1 ]
Through each of these teams two series, some things have come easier than others. For example, the Los Angeles Panthers have seen two game 7's, where as Toronto has only been in one - blanking the New England Wolfpack. Looking at each teams roster, It's pretty easy on paper to say whose going to win the Challenge cup - however lets take a more indepth look.

LAP -
POSITIVES
Special Teams
- Out of Toronto and LAP, LAP is significantly the best special teams out of the two. With about an equal Power Play percentage, however, the LAP takes the Penalty Kill by a landslide.

Marian Potoczny - Needs to continue his strong play. The only Point Per Game player this post season for the Panthers, however, goals have been a rare thing for him. With a shooting percentage of less than 5 %, simply put that sucks.

NEGATIVES

Negatives - Isn't this ironic? However, it's true. The Panthers have very few player who happen to be a plus, and in the playoffs - if you want to be successful, being largely negative obviously won't win you a championship.

Toronto
POSITIVES
Wong, Scherbluk and a majority of the team - Look at them statistically, how the fuck won't thye win? Wong has 18 in 11, Scherbluk with one less and a handful of other players who in my opinion are playing above average and are stepping it up for the North Stars.

Miika Aalto - Goaltending is everything in the playoffs and is just as important as the goal scoring. LAP has seen a fair amount of goaltending, however, Toronto hands down wins in this category as Aalto has achieved a GAA of less than 2.00 and a higher Save %

Another Cup - Toronto will shortly be basking in the glory of a successful Season 17 campaign after coming up just short last year against Edmonton. May be a bold prediction and it may be wrong, however, based of these brief facts - Toronto will have to fuck up pretty hard to lose. If Toronto loses, ouch but good on LAP.

[ TASK #2 ]
PM
[ TASK #3 ]
PM

[ TASK #4 ]
probably tomorrow.

[ TASK #5 ]
With the crowd standing on their feet, the roof exploding from the noise and energy, Captain of the Hamilton Steelhawks Magnus Jakobsen, hoists his first ever Challenge Cup. Jakobsen lifts the cup over his head and and proceeds to celebrate and skate around the ice. Afterwards, he approaches an old friend of his whom had played with him in the juniors. Ladies and Gentlemen - Thomas King. Jakobsen and King has played extremely well throughout the season and the playoffs together, each getting a point per game in both. Both these players were able to carry their elite chemistry over with them from the SMJHL to SHL and have managed to win a cup with it.

"I figured it was suiting to win a championship with Thomas King. We came up short in our SMJHL season together and it just didn't feel right. Thomas King is a solid player with elite talent, but not only that - he was a good friend and one of the very few active members with the Vancouver Whalers that season. King and I plan on getting fucked up tonight with the boys - obviously celebrating our victory. It feels amazing right now, but probably not tomorrow. Tequila and Whiskey bitches."

Code:
206 words

[ TASK #1 ]

[ TASK #2 ]
Pm sent

[ TASK #3 ]
Pm sent

[ TASK #4 ]
[Image: lachamp_zpscf87946b.png] [Image: TORONTO_zps5ec20097.png]

i know i forgot the s to champion
fuck me im a fuckin frenchie :D

[ TASK #5 ]