Create Account

S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down

Joe Kurczewski will always be my answer to this question. I've been in awe by many of his amazing plays over the past few seasons, and it amazes me at just how great of a player he is. His scoring ability, skating, play making skills, it is all just so amazing for one player to have so many awesome hockey abilities. The craziest thing about Joe however is he is an even better person off the ice. His ability to manage and run the St. Louis Scarecrows is just as good as his on ice greatness. I've never seen him in a bad mood and in my conversations with him, I can tell he is just a great human being. We've all heard the rumours that he may become one of the future SHL GMs in the upcoming expansion, and in my personal opinion, there is no one more deserving (or capable) to be named as GM for one of those 2 teams. @JKortesi81

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."

(177 words)
Alex: Man, it's been so long since I was a rookie. Going into my draft year (season 36), it was such a strange time. There were so many players being drafted before me, and I was beginning to think I'd never get drafted. Thankfully I did, and it's been such an exhilarating experience since. When first making the jump from the SMJHL to the SHL, I knew there was one player that I definitely wanted to model my playing style after, and his name was Ronnie Westbrook. Westbrook, playing for the Hamilton Steelhawks at the time, has been one of my biggest inspirations since joining the league. From the moment I saw him hit the ice when watching a Hamilton game my rookie season, I strived to emulate his playing style as much as I could. A fast, defense-oriented center with hands as smooth as his could do wonders in this league! Although I never got the chance to play with Westbrook, I'm incredibly excited to be sharing a locker room with his son in Donnie Dicks.

@Gooney

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Well George, first of all thanks for having me on. To answer your question Tigole Bitties (@ace) really motivated me to be an impact player in the league. Just his ability to make plays and finish his chances really makes him stand out. Im more of a play maker myself, but seeing how he carries himself around the rink and talks to the guys is incredible.I was fortunate enough to meet with him early into my career before my draft came up. He was with Edmonton at the time and i loved everything he said to me, in the end I was picked up by Seattle with the 33rd overall selection but Ace ended up bringing me over in a trade not too far after that. He even brought me over in the trade to New England with him and coming into my second season with the team hes really pushed me to make a difference with the club, and with his help im sitting here with 12 points in 15 games already a career best for me. Im so excited to see how the rest of the season goes, and who knows, maybe ill see a big contract offer this off season.

[Image: nasty.png]

[Image: ua8x10Y.png]
@Evok

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Though my time in juniors was spent focusing on just that, my junior career, once I had entered my rookie season in the SHL with the Hamilton Steelhawks I wanted to emulate the play of my teammate and long time SHL player @TheWoZy. Entering the league as a sniper, hoping to make a big splash on the wing, the success I saw Noro Wozy had was inspiring to me and really made me want to hurry up and become an impact player the same way he is. It was so easy to admire Wozy's game being his teammate, I'd watch on the bench dying for more minutes in hopes that I could play 50% of the game he was playing, every night getting a front row seat to his play. Now Wozy plays way out in Minnesota, and I've made the transition to playing defence for Hamilton, but even still I learn a little more every day from watching Wozy play his game.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Well... see, you gotta understand, when I came to the SHL it was the first I had ever seen or heard anything about a league like this. It was a whole lot to take in and a bit overwhelming at times, I barely had any time to familiarize myself with any of the leagues big names. That was okay though, I came here to play MY game. Of course that did come with some coaching and I know I wouldn't be here without Vancouver's GM Teddy Phelps, he really helped me tremendously when it came to the core of the game. Needless to say I looked up to him and in turn followed his son Robert's career early on. I'd have to say teammate Herb Robert was a big influence on my presences in the locker room throughout my Junior career, he had a great sense of humor and really seemed to have some knowledge of the league. Lastly, I believe I owe my old line mate Eriks Skalbergs a shout out, I don't think I'll ever find better chemistry with another skater and he made me want work hard to develop. I miss the dude.

@DrunkenTeddy
@r1c3bowl22
@Ashes

202 words

01-07-2019, 10:31 PMnour Wrote: Though my time in juniors was spent focusing on just that, my junior career, once I had entered my rookie season in the SHL with the Hamilton Steelhawks I wanted to emulate the play of my teammate and long time SHL player @TheWoZy. Entering the league as a sniper, hoping to make a big splash on the wing, the success I saw Noro Wozy had was inspiring to me and really made me want to hurry up and become an impact player the same way he is. It was so easy to admire Wozy's game being his teammate, I'd watch on the bench dying for more minutes in hopes that I could play 50% of the game he was playing, every night getting a front row seat to his play. Now Wozy plays way out in Minnesota, and I've made the transition to playing defence for Hamilton, but even still I learn a little more every day from watching Wozy play his game.

too bad i was trash for Steelhawks

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye?  the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know a little about that.

Emerson: First off, George, thanks for inviting me to be on the show. It is an honor to be here talking with you and representing the Detroit Falcons and West Kendall Platoon. This is a tough question to answer. There have been so many great players throughout the years of the SHL that it is hard to pick just one player that I have admired. BUT, gun to my head, I'd have to say that my biggest influence coming into the SMJHL last season was New England's Mia Landvik @Jenny  I'm from Boston so I grew up a Wolfpack fan. I was watching Landvik play in my formative hockey years and her play really spoke to me. No nonsense, defense first, hard hitting. That is how I wanted to play my game. I watched her carefully and learned everything I could from the tape. I was hoping to one day play with or against her but unfortunately she recently retired after a great career. I hope that in the future I will be able to have a career like hers and maybe inspire some kids to play the game in the same way she did for me.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

The player that caught my eye early on was Lord Pretty Flacko, when I was a rookie he had all the qualities of a star forward I wanted to be. He was a dominant scorer and had all the skills Marius envisioned but felt was too far away from achieving. Now that Marius is improved and showing his ability as an offensive coorporator for the stampede, it isn't unlikely that in the future there will be players looking up to him and his offensive output with envy an awe. Lord pretty Flacko's 2nd last season before retirement with the chiefs will stay with me as a dominant year for the forward. Outside of that, I think the players who dominate fantasy purposes have clout in this league as if you do well in fantasy, youre name is known and remembered, such is the case with Chris York. Although he doesn't have cups or playoff success, @Symmetrik is highly regarded for his statistical dominance that made many new members happy to have taken him in fantasy. A statistical improbability for Marius on a forward heavy team, but he will be a player I looked up to for that reason as well.

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

01-07-2019, 11:28 PMTheWoZy Wrote:
01-07-2019, 10:31 PMnour Wrote: Though my time in juniors was spent focusing on just that, my junior career, once I had entered my rookie season in the SHL with the Hamilton Steelhawks I wanted to emulate the play of my teammate and long time SHL player @TheWoZy. Entering the league as a sniper, hoping to make a big splash on the wing, the success I saw Noro Wozy had was inspiring to me and really made me want to hurry up and become an impact player the same way he is. It was so easy to admire Wozy's game being his teammate, I'd watch on the bench dying for more minutes in hopes that I could play 50% of the game he was playing, every night getting a front row seat to his play. Now Wozy plays way out in Minnesota, and I've made the transition to playing defence for Hamilton, but even still I learn a little more every day from watching Wozy play his game.

too bad i was trash for  Steelhawks

i loved u

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019, 10:52 AM by Good_Ole_Kimmy.)

Coming into the league in S42 there really is only one guy you can talk about, and one name you think of when you hear the word dominant and that name is: Jason Vissier. Coming into the league blind you can truly see how dominant he is, consistently putting up amazing numbers, like seventy four points. How does a player get seventy four points? How much of a force do you have to be to attain that number, and the fact he consistently does it makes it even more special in my eyes. He has multiple personal and team awards. The man scores, the man passes, the man hits. (ok he does not do that.) Either way he is still everything that a young center who wants to be able to score points in this league dreams of becoming when they are at the top of their game like him.
(150 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

PBE LPT

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

PBE PT

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]