Create Account

IP Interviews Are AIDS

02-14-2019, 09:24 PMstud Wrote: Solution:

have interviews in a single thread,  where everyone just fills the same shit. 1-10 questions, then by the end of it just ask who are your top 3 teams. 10 questions answered, 5 tpe, easy.

gms will read everything, it's all containing in one thread.

why hasn't anyone done it this way.

Well why haven't you been suggesting it for 45 seasons, you fuckin genius?

02-14-2019, 10:37 PMGCool Wrote:
02-14-2019, 09:24 PMstud Wrote: Solution:

have interviews in a single thread,  where everyone just fills the same shit. 1-10 questions, then by the end of it just ask who are your top 3 teams. 10 questions answered, 5 tpe, easy.

gms will read everything, it's all containing in one thread.

why hasn't anyone done it this way.

Well why haven't you been suggesting it for 45 seasons, you fuckin genius?

well i've not been here for 20+ seasons now. shl basically still using caveman technology, now they are in their discord caves.

Discord are for plebs
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 11:23 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Yeah IP threads are pretty stupid and boring, especially after you've done the first few and are just weeding through the same questions over and over again. If it weren't for the TPE I wouldn't do any of them, I'm totally happy to answer GMs questions if they wanna reach out to me, even if its just a Mass PM, but having to post in 10 different places to save those who are too lazy to scout themselves some work? Nah, that's a pass from me and I'm always annoyed that the league forces me to do it, at least in the SMJHL.

"Just don't do them then" isn't a valid argument either for a task that gives uncapped TPE, and 5 uncapped TPE is quite a lot for someone who just joined and most people won't want to fall behind their classmates right away even though the task is shitty. Although I'd say that its probably more annoying for the recreates and veterans who have already seen all these questions over and over, it might not be as bad for a new guy who is still genuinely excited and for whom it is a new experience.

I think there are some good suggestions in here, like only forcing people to post in 3-5 IP threads if they want the full payout, or even getting a dedicated scouting subforum with a new structure and different tasks.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 03:46 PM by JNH.)

02-14-2019, 05:26 PMAcsolap Wrote: Serious answer though. You don't have to fill them out if you don't want to. We are required to post them and I got enough going on in pre season and my actual life that I'm not posting an original ten questions that people inevitably half arse anyway. I scout every player that creates whether they answer my IP or not.

i don't fully blame you for copying them, just saying it's dumb that we need to do ALL 10 for the TPE and they end up being all the same anyways because we half ass & you half ass them. also don't act like you can't spare an extra 15 minutes because you're so busy Aggrieved everyone on this website wastes countless hours on discord/the internet/reddit etc.

02-14-2019, 06:14 PMkit Wrote: Jane H.

this is why i don't follow you on twitch

02-14-2019, 06:15 PMXLeafer Wrote: JNH, no one cares.

Resident expert on having no one care about their opinion chimes in with their opinion

good taste in hockey teams though

02-14-2019, 08:09 PMGrapehead Wrote: JNH didn't your scouting just involve you posting in the Militia locker room on draft night to see if anyone was interested?

pretty sure I mostly took from the Knights (Kristian Eriksson/Cunningham/Mark Harter/Barney Stinson). only had access to Falcons LR which I think is where i picked your bum ass out of.

plus I would never associate myself in the LR of a team with a name as fucking stupid as the Montreal Militia.

will not deny my scouting was lazy as fuck, just random number generate, re-sort my excel spreadsheet and pick whichever player came up tbh. russian roulette

02-14-2019, 08:17 PMAvakael Wrote: >JNH
>Complaining about AIDS

1. who are you?
2. not complaining about AIDS, was using it to help the SHL's general population (e.g yourself) relate to something that sucks when given to you

02-14-2019, 08:50 PMej27 Wrote: It's hard to create a PT for brand new members who don't have a team or any SIM data to work with, which is why we went this rout to begin with.  We did the generic, introduce your player PT for a while, but we can't justify giving out as many TPE for that.

Wait, so you're saying that it's easier to justify making people answer the same questions 10x with half a sentence rather than writing some words about their player, who they are as a person etc.? That's some fucking ass backwards logic.

Glad to see that I come back and @stud is still saucing out great ideas and @RomanesEuntDomus is still being a voice of reason.

02-15-2019, 03:45 PMJNH Wrote: Resident expert on having no one care about their opinion chimes in with their opinion

what i said was a fact though

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 03:56 PM by JNH.)

02-15-2019, 03:53 PMXLeafer Wrote:
02-15-2019, 03:45 PMJNH Wrote: Resident expert on having no one care about their opinion chimes in with their opinion

what i said was a fact though

There's 3 pages of people responding and many saying they agree it's dumb.

If no one really cared, it would look more like your media article yesterday: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=93268

Nice 1 reply
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 03:59 PM by XLeafer.)

02-15-2019, 03:55 PMJNH Wrote: If no one really cared, it would look more like your media article yesterday: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=93268

Nice 1 reply

looking forward to being on your line at the prospect showcase tho

My media isn't a debate like yours. Its for a read to draft me, basically for the GMs, idiot.

[Image: giphy.gif]

02-15-2019, 03:45 PMJNH Wrote:
02-14-2019, 05:26 PMAcsolap Wrote: Serious answer though. You don't have to fill them out if you don't want to. We are required to post them and I got enough going on in pre season and my actual life that I'm not posting an original ten questions that people inevitably half arse anyway. I scout every player that creates whether they answer my IP or not.

i don't fully blame you for copying them, just saying it's dumb that we need to do ALL 10 for the TPE and they end up being all the same anyways because we half ass & you half ass them.  also don't act like you can't spare an extra 15 minutes because you're so busy Aggrieved everyone on this website wastes countless hours on discord/the internet/reddit etc.

02-14-2019, 06:14 PMkit Wrote: Jane H.

this is why i don't follow you on twitch

02-14-2019, 06:15 PMXLeafer Wrote: JNH, no one cares.

Resident expert on having no one care about their opinion chimes in with their opinion

02-14-2019, 08:09 PMGrapehead Wrote: JNH didn't your scouting just involve you posting in the Militia locker room on draft night to see if anyone was interested?

pretty sure I mostly took from the Knights (Kristian Eriksson/Cunningham/Mark Harter/Barney Stinson).  only had access to Falcons LR which I think is where i picked your bum ass out of.  

plus I would never associate myself in the LR of a team with a name as fucking stupid as the Montreal Militia.  

will not deny my scouting was lazy as fuck, just random number generate, re-sort my excel spreadsheet and pick whichever player came up tbh.  russian roulette

02-14-2019, 08:17 PMAvakael Wrote: >JNH
>Complaining about AIDS

1.  who are you?
2.  not complaining about AIDS, was using it to help the SHL's general population (e.g yourself) relate to something that sucks when given to you

02-14-2019, 08:50 PMej27 Wrote: It's hard to create a PT for brand new members who don't have a team or any SIM data to work with, which is why we went this rout to begin with.  We did the generic, introduce your player PT for a while, but we can't justify giving out as many TPE for that.

Wait, so you're saying that it's easier to justify making people answer the same questions 10x with half a sentence rather than writing some words about their player, who they are as a person etc.?  That's some fucking ass backwards logic.

Glad to see that I come back and @stud is still saucing out great ideas and @RomanesEuntDomus is still being a voice of reason.

15 minutes for what though? Like really what am I going to ask you, a person I don't know, other than generic questions. People will whinge regardless so I'll keep copy and pasting my predecessors IP thread and spend the "15 minutes" filling out my draft sheet.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

02-15-2019, 04:10 PMAcsolap Wrote: 15 minutes for what though? Like really what am I going to ask you, a person I don't know, other than generic questions. People will whinge regardless so I'll keep copy and pasting my predecessors IP thread and spend the "15 minutes" filling out my draft sheet.

You said that you couldn't spare the time because of your busy life & pre-season, I'm just saying that it's not that you can't spare the time you just don't want to. And that's where the problem lies: GM's don't want to do this & prospects don't really want to do this and so, why are we doing this?

I spent my entire time GM'ing copy & pasting stuff so can't disagree that it's more efficient.

02-15-2019, 03:58 PMXLeafer Wrote:
02-15-2019, 03:55 PMJNH Wrote: If no one really cared, it would look more like your media article yesterday: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=93268

Nice 1 reply

My media isn't a debate like yours. Its for a read to draft me, basically for the GMs, idiot.

You've now responded 3 times to a thread that you said "no one cares" about. Seems like somebody is starting to care.

This thread makes me sad. I respect people having a different opinion about the rules, but is it really necessary to use the name of diseases as a way to express yourself?

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

02-15-2019, 03:58 PMXLeafer Wrote:

Nice 1 reply

Also this http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=93270 spin off of your article got 4x the views and 11x the replies. Any more excuses for having absolutely no one care?

02-15-2019, 04:16 PMgordieboom Wrote: This thread makes me sad. I respect people having a different opinion about the rules, but is it really necessary to use the name of diseases as a way to express yourself?

Yes.

i have aids and this is offensive

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 05:09 PM by GCool.)

02-15-2019, 04:16 PMgordieboom Wrote: This thread makes me sad. I respect people having a different opinion about the rules, but is it really necessary to use the name of diseases as a way to express yourself?

As a cancer survivor, I've given up on trying to right that ship. It sucks, but the only time it'll matter to people who aren't empathetic is when it's too late - and I don't want to wish that on anybody.