Create Account

S58 PT #3 Storylines

Best storyline? There are so many. I would highly advocate for the Kelowna incredible start of the season. The knights are 17-3-1 and are only sitting behind the obvious choice that is the Quebec City Citadelles(18-2-3) with 2 games in hand. With that in mind, many people in the knights are making their presence known, such as Cian McFelter, Vlastislav Malik, Kynwyl Pearce and Robert Feltersnatch. Let's not forget Vertigo who is posting a .910 save percentage as well as a 1.92 GAA. The saddest story so far coming into this season is @Jayrome Aka Brennan Huff's absence. The young stud looked bright coming into his 3rd season as a topped 425 TPE Winger. Sadly, he went rogue before the training camp and never looked back. One last big story is the Malik and McFelter's rise in the team ranking as C and A. I wish them good luck and I hope that MCfelter won't be too harsh on Malik.

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Chicago is having a good year, maybe not as dominant as one might think after winning a title, but they have been steady. There is a minor story line that is flying under the radar in regards to this team and that is the contract status of Cole Carter. The 72nd overall selection by Chicago, was the last guy taken at the bottom of the 4th and was NOT signed to a SHL contract. In fact he had to sign a minor league deal just to get any sot of income on the season. He is the son of Chicago legend and back to back Dar Winner, Cameron Carter II, but Cole has not lived up to the name in most case. He is much more like his grandfather ho was good in the SMJHL bu didn't amount to anything in the SHL. Chicago is tight on space at the moment and cannot afford to sign Cole whole is still with the Armada this year, leaving many questions unanswered. Can they come to an agreement? Will he be moved? Cole would like to stick with the Chicago organization but it may not be the best situation all things considered if he can't even sign.

204 words

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

The biggest storyline of the season in my honest opinion is Toast taking control of a decimated Maine Timber. Not only was Maine decimated and gutted to SHL callups that we had known about, but we also saw a few players get called up early. On top of all of this, our GM, CoA stepped down and installed Toast as acting GM with Krash as assistant GM. Toast took the helm of a forest fire, and though we are still burning, he is doing his best to extinguish the flames. Did we know that this season was going to be a forest fire? Yes. Did we know it would be this big of a forest fire? No. Is it possibly affecting rookie retention? Possibly, but Im confident that our locker room culture keeps the rookies involved in the league and updating to help extinguish some of this disaster. Toast so far is doing a great job with what he was handed, but I know it can be taxing to see all the red Ls on our stat board.

WC. 178

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

I think the biggest storyline so far this season would be the Great Lakes Division and the fact that one of those teams does not make the playoffs at the end of the season. The emergence of the Toronto North Stars has made that division a pain to play in and arguably sports 4 of the 5 best teams in the entire league. As strong as the teams appear, it should continue throughout the season and a very good team will not make the playoffs. Chicago is the bottom team currently and what a disappointment that would be for them if they follow up their championship run with a playoff miss. This will no doubt spark more talks of division realignment or league and playoff restructuring after this season is over. Ultimately, I personally believe this is just an unfortunate situation for the teams in the division as it very well could have been other teams in the league that were this good rather than just this particular division.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

This is a bit biased, but that's just how it goes. The biggest storyline so far this season is the Kelowna Knights' exciting start! Currently, we're sitting at 17-13-1, first in the West and 2nd overall in the SMJHL. And we're doing it all without our recently departed Captain and franchise defenseman, Teddy Park! We have scored 88 goals and only allowed 42 goals against for our first 21 games. Even better, we have 4 players in the league's top 20 scoring. Kynwyl Pearce leads our team with 10 goals and 11 assists. I (Vlastislav Malik) am doing quite well as well, with 10 goals and 8 assists. That's half-way to my total from last season (33 points) already! Cian McFelter and Robert Feltersnatch are also in the top 20, with 19 and 17 points, respectively. I definitely think we can keep this trend going, with our closest West opponent 9 points below us, with us having a game in hand. I predict we finish 1st in the West and maybe a close 2nd to QCC for the entire league. Main thing though is having a solid playoff run, with our season ending in an upset last season (1st round loss).

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 06:51 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:
Graphic task: Make a mockup of a frontpage article for a newspaper or magazine based on what you think is the SHL's biggest storyline this season.

[Image: 7WlofFI.jpeg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

ISFL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Its really tough to say which Simulation Hockey League storyline is the best this season. We have really good seasons coming from the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Texas Renegades, while it seems like the San Francisco Pride are doing terrible, which really isn't surprising, In fact, none of those teams are surprising people this season maybe they are over or under achieving a little but for the most part this was to be expected. One thing that I think everyone should be paying attention to is the season that Lonnie O'Donoghue is having. No, not on the stat sheet but on how many times he's pleasured Jason Desrouleaux's ( @Gooney ) mom. So far this season Lonnie has banged Jason's mom every night this season, which leads to several questions: How much stamina does Lonnie have? Can Lonnie get Jason's permission to marry his mother if he continues to drill her this good every night? And lastly, will he ever actually make Mrs. Desrouleaux actually finish? This is the story Im waiting to see unfold this season.
(181 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

I'd say without a doubt the story of the season (in the J) is how much better the Newfoundland Berserkers were than expected. Newfoundland was coming off a terrible season where they finished dead last in the league. With a year of growth and a new crop of draft picks it was certainly expected that we would take a step forward and at least be competitive. But Newfoundland has take more than just a step forward and a third of the way through the schedule they are clearly in the top three teams right along with Quebec and Kelowna. The 4th place team in the J is 6 points Newfoundland which is a decent gap but doesn't tell the whole story. The picture becomes much clearer when you look at the goal differential. Quebec : 48 Kelowna : 46 Newfoundland : 37 Detroit : 7. Quite the drop off. I think this is a trend that will continue and teams should look out for Newfoundland heading into the playoffs.

Based on the way that the season has started, what I find most intriguing is that there will be actual playoff races this season, when in the past few seasons it's been largely determined early which teams were going to make it in. The top third of the teams are still significantly better than the bottom teams, but there has been a significant closing of the gap after that. There is a lot of the teams which were rebuilding or weaker when the FHM era started who have clawed their way into becoming competitors, if not contenders. So they will still be fighting for a playoff spot even if they are not likely to advance far. But even at the top, there's not just 1 or 2 teams who could win it all, I feel there are at least half a dozen teams which could go all the way.

Having a look at each division:

Great Lakes - a shootout of 4 of the best 6 teams in the entire league. It could end up in any order, as all teams are within one good winning streak of taking over first place, and 1 losing streak of falling out of the playoffs entirely

Atlantic - another dice roll here, no one team has really jumped ahead of the others to stake their claim to the division win, and no team is out of the running, either. Shaping up to go down to the wire for seedings.

Southwest - TEX and LAP are locks for 1st and 2nd in this division, but because of the playoff format, and as much as some teams might find it unfair, one of NOLA or SFP is going to make the playoffs, even though they are at the bottom of the league standings at the 1/3 mark of the season. They are battling each other, one makes playoffs, one gets the best chance at 1st Overall. Not sure which is the better prize!

Northwest - Calgary and Edmonton are in a close battle for 1st in the division and a playoff bye. The 3rd playoff spot is going to be contested between three teams, as SEA, WPG, and MIN are so far all fighting hard for every win and every point, because when all the games are done, those OT/SO points might be the difference between getting in or missing out.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 12:38 AM by Arkz.)

The biggest storyline of this season for the SMJHL is going to be about the Quebec City Citadelles. Last season they were, by far, the best team in the league. I mean it wasn't even really close. They had the most points ever for an SMJHL team and were top 5 in terms of % of points earned, just to put things into context. However, once they made it to the playoffs, they fell short in the semi-finals to the eventual champion Anchorage Armada squad. Just like that, a potentially historic season was overshadowed and will most likely be lost to time. Now while we can debate the merits of the current playoff format, it is what it is and teams need to operate within it. This season, Quebec City once again finds themselves at the top of the league, however not in as dominating a position as they were last season. While Quebec City is in first, Kelowna and Newfoundland are still on their heels. Once more, this will be the final season where Quebec City will have most of their talented roster. Time, and call ups, come for us all and this will be Quebec City's last chance at glory. All eyes will be on them for the playoffs.

Code:
Word count: 210

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

I think for the most surprising storyline is that the toronto north stars. Like do not get me wrong we all know that toronto is a good team. They unfortunately have been stuck in the great lakes with the behemoths of the Hamilton Steelhawks the buffalo stampede and the chicago syndicate. The three teams who have won the last three Championships. I do believe the surprising storyline however is that toronto is ahead of both buffalo and chicago. With the possibility of making the playoffs this season. Will the season play out where all four teams win the championship in four seasons. Another storyline would be the tale of two seasons. Last year Rotticus scott had an amazing rookie season leading him to winning the jesster meanwhile bork Lazer who was mediocre last season has been playing lights out almost totaling his points total from last year in just third of the season. While rotticus scott has been sluggish.

[Image: lazer2.png]

Around St Louis, the only storyline anyone will be talking about this season is the trade of last season’s 1OA pick in the J Draft, Jean-Locke Zidane!

Zidane was a rookie standout in his first season with the St Louis Scarecrows and picked up an incredible 29 points (5G, 24A), which is an astounding return for a rookie defenseman. He added another 5 in the Playoffs, to cap an outstanding rookie season with the ‘Crows.

Zidane’s request to leave shocked a lot of the locker room in St Louis.  It may have been less shocking if it had been done in the off-season, but he had played through an, admittedly less than sparkling, pre-season with the Scarecrows and taken to the ice for their opening few games of the regular season, before their GM announced that the Frenchman was moving to Anchorage to join the Armada, the defending Four Star Cup champions. The move is described as the player looking for a change of scenery, but it wouldn’t be a stretch to think that he may feel that his performance level is such that he should be challenging for Cups,  rather than being on a team that was ecstatic  to make it past the first round. With Anchorage, he will certainly have a good shot at helping them defend their title!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

One third of the season in, the biggest storyline by far is the fall and rise of the Detroit Falcons. They started this season on a low, losing game after game and seeing themselves sink deeper and deeper down the ranking. 4 games in, they were dead last without a point and needed a miracle. Their defence wasn't holding up terrible, but their top 6 forwards were non-existent on the ice and their starting goalie was stonecold. The only hot streaks in the locker rooms were the GMs hot flashes whenever the team gave away another game to a less-skilled opponent.

This has all turned around. Only 2 of the last 10 games were lost in regulation and both their starting and backup goalie are keeping their nets clean, while the offence finally started producing goals. If the Falcons keep this up, they'll rise from the bottom to the top and are looking to be a dangerous contender for this seasons' four star cup.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]